• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The most enlightening psychedelic drug?

MGS, thanx for the feedback...yeah, I know my trip descriptions are vague at best...trying to "eff" the ineffable and all that.
I've done a couple of 250-300mg doses IM'd and I think I was God or A god...THAT was reallycool.
Never had the chance at 5-meo, but am looking into a toad...I know, I know...,but it's the only source of it I know of...???

MGS, thanx for the feedback...yeah, I know my trip descriptions are vague at best...trying to "eff" the ineffable and all that.
I've done a couple of 250-300mg doses IM'd and I think I was God or A god...THAT was reallycool.
Never had the chance at 5-meo, but am looking into a toad...I know, I know...,but it's the only source of it I know of...???
I have not yet combined DMT and 5-MeO-DMT in the same syringe but I hope I can accomplish that this year. Leaving the candyflip and ibogaine out of the picture, I suspect an IM shot of DMT and 5-MeO-DMT in the right ratio has to be IT. Allah willing, I will know sometime. :)

As far as what I have experienced so far, the most enlightening psychedelics for me have been:

2C-E
Mushrooms
4-HO-DMT
Methoxetamine
2C-T-2

I am hoping that sometime in the future I will be able to have a fully clear DMT experience, as well as 5-MeO-DMT and some of the other tryptamines, particularly DPT. In less than a week I will be doing ibogaine and I suspect that will be immediately added to my short list.

I would rate about 90% of my LSD experiences as profound, and 100% of them as personally enlightening. Sometimes I feel like I was made to take LSD, because it just fits so perfectly with my mind. No other psychedelic takes me out nearly as far.... I once had a mushroom trip that was more personal than my other trips usually are, but that's pretty much it. I've never had a DMT experience that I considered enlightening in that way, though they are always fascinating.

I don't like to use the word "enlighten" lightly, so I'll say that the most spiritually significant psychedelics for me have been:

LSD
Mescaline
DMT
Mushrooms
Ayahuasca
4-AcO-DMT

And ketamine and MXE if we're talking about dissociatives too.

I would say that "enlightening" is a much lighter term than "spiritually significant". Something doesn't have to be mystical to be personally enlightening, sometimes trips just make you think about yourself in new ways.

Cocaine. Depends on what you want/need to know. By the way, if you know you are looking for "something" look at what you are looking for.

LSD for sure.It's just my favorite drug,my second favorite. It makes you see the world the way you want to see it,you ask and answer questions, the technological visuals are enlightening, they are a visual depiction of my cravings, the euphoria is just overwhelming... It's awesome
On the other hand,Dmt can teach you immense things,truly mind-blowing and extremely utopian, but it's not really enlightenment, it's So much knowledge that one can't possibly handle it.LSD makes me love life,is like a sun.

I know this is an old threat but I wanted to add this. I have never done any so I can't say, however what about San Pedro, ayahuasca, and peyote? Those are really the ones people go to for genuine spiritual enlightenement and healing. Again, the only psychedelics I have done are acid, shrooms, and soon DMT. I intend to do the 3 I mentioned but I hear they are by far the most spiritual. Thoughts?

Boomers
Lsd
Ayahausca
MDA or MDMA if you consider that a psych. You can learn alot about yourself on some good mdxx. Imho

My theory is it depends who you are and what your life has collectively built you into.

Ive met people who get nothing more than "i saw colours" on dmt breakthroughs, while the person next to them will live 3 lifetimes in a dmt breakthrough.

Ide have to say dmt has brought me very close to my mind but yet very far away too(im terms of i couldnt comprehend shit)
I can honestly say i have more "enlightening" moments on lsd. Though i have taken it FAR more than dmt.

I like to think they all have something to offer, different ways of offering insight and enlightenment, different angles, lessons, or lenses to peer through. But some compounds are definitely more rewarding in this respect than others.

For me LSD has been the most life-changing and insightful. But like Motifoner above ^, maybe that's just because I've taken it lots?

DPT, Mushrooms, 4-AcO-DMT, ETH-LAD, AL-LAD, 2C-E, 2C-P, Mescaline have all been very insightful in their own different ways.

LSD has given me the most clarified mental view of my immediate reality. Mushrooms tune me into nature and my physical body more than any other drug. DMT has given me experiences that are the least relevant and most difficult to integrate into my daily life, but which seem to be most relevant to my soul. These effects are all present in all three of the drugs to some extent, but I think this is where the strengths are in each individual substance, at least personally.

I guess I'd have to say DMT, since one incredible DMT trip is essentially the reason that I believe in God. But it's still up in the air, since on the day-to-day I don't really think about my DMT experiences that much. They are mostly like these isolated gems of memory that give me hope and appreciation for the universe when I need it the most, but I honestly have a difficult time applying them to my life.

LSD makes me really introspective, intellectual, and creative but I have a hard time deciding if my lysergic insights are truly enlightening or just parts of my imagination. Probably the most enlightening drug when it comes to music, art, and other aspects of life that are definitively human.

Mushrooms give me the most enduring insights about my physical health. When I take them and the initial discomfort passes, I usually feel very in tune with my body and the energies of nature and come out of the trip feeling revitalized. So... I think mushrooms are the most valuable in regards to my development, but DMT is probably the most enlightening overall, for reasons that are pretty hard to describe.

This is all best case scenario, not all my trips have so delightful 8( but even the bad trips have been enlightening in a sense

Last edited:
For me personally?

Salvia, Ibogaine, Mescaline, and Ayahuasca. Many others have taught me great lessons, but those in particular have helped me and my mindstate out a metric-ton

DMT
Psilocybe truffles
Liberty caps.

Ive not broke through with DMT as yet as I'm finding it difficult to ingest enough vape. Think I'll go for the Vapor Genie Bong as that as by far the best reviews for smoking DMT. Costly piece of kit but worth it for the experience. Me & a pal are using a glass bowl but it doesn't produce enough smoke/vape. The experiences have still been beautiful with all the religious signs & symbols and the geometric, Aztec style shapes. I'm just looking to go further for that profound positive experience..