• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art The Modern Art Thread

Jim Isermann

a_isermann_1.jpg

LACMAcanopy.jpg

a_isermann_2.jpg

CC - I love the way that guy paints his eyeballs, most excellent.
AR - Those images look like my thoughts and dreams, strange.

^ I was just there a couple months ago! Awesome pics, love the Calder.

ntm5-1-2.jpg

Heres the Lichtenstein that now resides outside the High Museum in Atlanta. Most people I talk to don't like it. I do, though.

his photography has always been great. He should've stuck to that rather than making shitty films... though.. i did like Kids. He should've just stopped there though.

WTF? Gummo was fantastic... perhaps better than KIDS. I haven't seen Tulsa though I want to. :)

AmorRoark said:
WTF? Gummo was fantastic... perhaps better than KIDS. I haven't seen Tulsa though I want to. :)

Tulsa is a photoessay (book). You should check it out. I got a copy off Amazon a few years back, it's currently resting on the kitchen table. :)

HR Giger has done entire bars in several nations, the one in Tokyo and the one in NY is shut down i believe, but i would like to visit one one day.. though i'd need another reason to go to said nation, other than this of course. From the chairs, windows, bars, floor and ceiling panels.. all hand done.

giger.jpg

bar7.jpg

new_bar6-2.jpg

I think it shut down b/c it became a hang out for the Yakuza if i remember correctly and their presense deterred business.