• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

the market: stocks, bonds, options, whatever

Yeah, re-stating the rules for newbs, who might read this thread.

I have a hardware wallet and the transfers are easy and fast enough to fulfill retail time limits (15 minutes).

Lately my BTC has been used for hardware, like I snagged a RTX 3090 this week from New Egg using BTC I have stacked up from the pre Mt Gox era. I'm sure I won't spend what I already have due to my age.

Edit: changed egghead to New Egg, a senior moment :unsure:

i got an ohio driver's license today. previous was about to expire and i need to drive while staying with my parents until march (at the latest). gonna get audited for sure. i was shocked when they said ok after asking how long i've been living here. i made it super clear that i didn't vote in ohio.

i don't have a car but you need that thing for everything else. wouldn't let me do it through the mail. told my mom she's paying for the perjury lawyer.

Last edited:
Uhhh, Bitcoin crashing again in Christmas, sinked to $25.700 already.

I can't believe the magic of Tether

Merry Christmas

I’m not trying to sound like a broken record but I feel 1 k a share tesla coming by 2023
Tesla is one stock that few people understood (including me)

But the growth thesis worked well. The moat (is it the first time the word moat is mentioned in this thread?) of having the best big data source for autonomous drive, and years of advantage over other car makers, and the fact that is a company built from scratch for EV, all that weights a lot. It's the absolute leader for EV. And I did not get it when I studied it one year ago...

Said that, valuation is too high, and anything can happen. Too risky for me now, but could get to 1k, as you say. It's not like one year ago when all those idiots were shorting tsla. Ahhh, pity I didn't buy

My long-term play is uranium so I'm going for equities there but short-term I'm looking at CFDs in copper and corn.
Yes, I like uranium as well, I think is a good pick to be in the energy game. I have that problem with commodities that I see them too volatile, too prone to technical improvements that presses prices down... but I think we are now in the lows of the commodity cycle.

And BTC crashes to 30k again.

Will see another bigger crash to 40k in 2021?

Will it go back to 20k of even 10k first?

Btw other cryptos are suffering. Looks like there is some regulatory attack to remove them from exchanges (monero, , sue them(ripple)

Bitcoin has been chosen by great money managers because is decentralised and very hard to manipulate or destroy. It will be a very unpopular (and difficult and expensive ) move to destroy it

Stocks are going to crash (not all, like some gold stocks), dollar collapse as the fed continues to counterfeit US currency. Alternative currencies are good to be in like the crypto or precious metals. When the fed prints money out of thin air, it causes gold to go up. However, we're not on a gold standard so it doesn't really reflect as it would with a free market. We have a drug war to end and free market to create.

Wow actually BTC is close to $32k right now.

Hindsight, man... god damn hindsight. Best not to think about that.

My $400 I invested last year in an American weed company stock is worth just abiout $800 now. Sweet.

I finally make enough money that I have an adequate liquid savings net, and can save like $1000 a month if I don't spend too much on drugs. Starting to think about looking into good short/medium term investment options. I have a 401k already for retirement so looking for shorter gains. Any suggestions? I think next time BTC has a big correction, I will look for the low point and put a chunk in there and wait for the next spike... assuming, that is, that it keeps following the same pattern of surges, big corrections, and then 2-3 years later, another much bigger surge. But really mostly looking for stock investments. Maybe some airlines?

Seriously, now I think BTC peaked for a few months, at least. I am interested in how deep if falls now, and if/how acception by institutionals is able or not to change the behaviour (my bet is both ups and downs will be softer now).

Just thoughts, I have no idea about timing but is fun to guess and then pretend you are wise if right/forget if wrong. And nobody knows, no matter who they are (and specially people that has time to write shit on any internet forum) whoever's right about timing, tops and lows, is just coincidence.

Market getting smashed today.

Gold, silver up huge.

Vix up massive. Up like 600% on my bull puts.

Vix $40 by feb 1st. Mark it.

Its only started now. If you think big tech can hold up the indexes, you are sadly mistaken.

BTC interesting and filled with fomo. Lets see what happens there. Hope it keeps up.

There is no faith. I am betting hard on a crash. This fake bull market was created via printed money and insider trading. There are stocks that are selling at 10x FVE. Time for it to finally end. And the bulls will finally pay after riding a free 2 years of a market that goes straight the fuck up. I rode it up too. But of course am a smart investor and took my profits.

The world is dying man. The economy is dying. The dollar sub 90 points. People are lining up for food. Evictions at all time high. Hospitals are over capacity. And stock market high? All fake injected money. Time for the reset.

Come the 21st Biden going to crash it hard too. The real fun won't start until then. The residual effects of what trump did will carry on for years and years. It has to. What does he care?

I'm looking at some tech ETFs, but it seems like it would be a good idea at least to wait for the presidential transition. I can see a big correction, but on the other hand, Amazon is about to take over the world, so...

I was actually going to buy some Amazon but I have to buy in whole shares and I don't have that much money to invest, I'm looking to do about $1500 right now. So I started looking at ETFs. I notice XNTK is performing the best, or has ben for the past year. But I don't know a whole lot about the stock market.

If you want to bet up on tech, then SOXL and TECL will be it. But look for the non bull versions. As those are both out of control these past 2 years.

Riot is a good mini btc play. I am betting forward here. They just bought a ton of antminers. btc goes up, so does this. But do think BTC going up more. Dollar so low that big time money is going to be hedging their dollar. And since its so limited, it can only go up.

plug is back on track too. Shit should be worth $150 easy.

pton looking good too.

gold, silver for sure.

Im forward on oil too. May be a long time for return though here.

You can buy partial shares at lots of brokers.

But yeah, wait for after 20th. We don't know. Shit can go either way, but protecting my shit and if money transfer coming, I am for sure getting my cut.

Last edited:
I'm looking at some tech ETFs, but it seems like it would be a good idea at least to wait for the presidential transition. I can see a big correction, but on the other hand, Amazon is about to take over the world, so...

I was actually going to buy some Amazon but I have to buy in whole shares and I don't have that much money to invest, I'm looking to do about $1500 right now. So I started looking at ETFs. I notice XNTK is performing the best, or has ben for the past year. But I don't know a whole lot about the stock market.
If you're in the us ARK invest ETFs are your answer

I like also Fundsmith fund which is a good mix of several growth stocks

Amazon is an awesome company, I have some, but is better to diversify risk, and with tha amount your best option is an Etf or fund

Genomics is the answer. That being said everyone’s jumping on board so it probably won’t be the earner Tesla was. But what do I know I’m not a financial advisor this isn’t advice I just started a month ago. I got Bitcoin. Calithera, crispr, and palantir. But I’m banking on calithera having success in cancer treatment in the coming years since it just had a failure And I bought in at 2.86 I believe