• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

the market: stocks, bonds, options, whatever

Bitcoin is definitely going nuts.

By the way, not that it's the thread for it, but I do believe capitalism is the system that is the least susceptible to corruption and gives all the people the best chance of making a good life for themselves. That said I think it needs to be tempered by regulation and oversight to prevent out of control greed ruining the system.

Ah, yes, oversight and regulation. That sorts everything, right? It's a very old trick.

Regulations are a tricky thing. Once you have a politician stablishing the rules, all you need to do to fuck everybody is buy the politician.

Free markets are much, much hard to buy/corrupt. The more resilient and reliable systems in the world are self-regulated

I've been looking at dividend ETFs lately but realized a lot of the holdings between them overlap so it seems better just to buy the underlying stock and avoid paying the MER.

Thinking of playing defense with dividend stocks and going on the offense with commodities. I think once the pandemic plays out there will be a huge surge in demand for commodities and equities growth will slow down, but that's just my 2c

Commodities might be a good play for next decade. The kind of play that makes you feel like an idiot for some time until it explodes.

But also commodities are one of the classic "bad" investments. Meaning price of commodities always goes down because the man is so intelligent an inventive that is always finding more efficient ways of using resources. That's a big headwind, so you have to find the better companies in commodities, I like more those that collect royalties.

So BTC is ripping :) I am convinced it may have disconnected from the market. Been holding above 20k for almost a week now.

Makes sense. World going down, crypto going to come up. Also lots of people buying it for darknet shit. Lots of fomo. Lots of position redistribution. Got a bunch today since might as well get it while its cheaper.

Going to be interesting to see what happens. Wonder if satoshi knows what he made took the fuck off when the world is coming down.

But market...bahhahaha. Holders going to pay. Also bond buying has been ceased by the feds. JPM pumping silver. Same old scams just different. Media working against the market too. About to get pounded.

Cannot wait until all these newbies (robindhood army or whatever they call them) finally see a true correction. Weeks and weeks of blood. We havent had one in 2 years. Well its coming :)

Germany, and UK futures getting hammered.

Long gold and silver and vix gonna be rocking. Telsa coming to s&p and they invited the devil. Short the fucking rest.

Its seriously sad it has taking the pandemic of the century to end our corrupt injected trump market. Appears crypto will now shine as well (well btc only, and a few other coins are worthwhile. Really don't think the file coin, or vpn coin going to do so well lol).

Last edited:
AI reached $137 on Friday, so very close to $140. Probably is too expensive, but a great company to keep an eye on. If it crashes 50% it will be a gift

BTC reached $24000. Price is irrelevant. The value of this asset is infinite. Specially in the frame of the absolute craziness of current monetary and fiscal policies. It's unbelievable how people click the bait of all kind of bullshit (BLM, antifas, SJW, etc, etc) and they don't get how are being robbed every single day since 1970

And finally AI touched 158, which was the target I mentioned before (16 billion market cap, I believe, and around 100x sales)

In a not so bullish for the markets day

What about that?

Anyway, anything can happen, never bet your farm on some stranger's opinion, make your own research. And please, please, please, don't trust technical analysis so much, it's quite unreliable.

Bitcoin keeps crashing :) 22.800 already. will it crash and burn to $40.000 ?

PS I like teladoc, just because Catherine Wood likes it. Pay attention to that woman, she's on fire picking stocks

if you like stock, wanna talk shit about them this is purely a place for like minded individuals. Speculation is allowed

Disclaimer: I nor anyone in this thread is responsible for gains/losses, you play the market as we all do at your own risks. But I figured it would be appropriate cause as I quit oxycodone I’m getting more and more invested in the stock market

nice I mostly invest in S&P 500 ETF but have some some NASDAQ100, emerging markets and small caps ETFs too. As for some fun money in individual stocks JD.com is my biggest position. I'm still holding cash&bonds and will probably DCA over the few next months. It sucks that we don't have any free commission brokerages and only way to buy without insane commission is to buy monthly.

@FuneralFather , there's a big thread on this already. If you don't mind I will merge this with the other one so everything will be collected neatly in one place. :)

nice I mostly invest in S&P 500 ETF but have some some NASDAQ100, emerging markets and small caps ETFs too. As for some fun money in individual stocks JD.com is my biggest position. I'm still holding cash&bonds and will probably DCA over the few next months. It sucks that we don't have any free commission brokerages and only way to buy without insane commission is to buy monthly.
If anyone has advice to a first time investor I’m currently just investing spare change and what not so I’d like help if you could and I’m currently using cash app, .1 cent goes to government but this is temporary until I find the best only broker

i make money on btc as it sits in my wallet between item purchases. no taxable events to declare that way.

Commodities might be a good play for next decade. The kind of play that makes you feel like an idiot for some time until it explodes.

But also commodities are one of the classic "bad" investments. Meaning price of commodities always goes down because the man is so intelligent an inventive that is always finding more efficient ways of using resources. That's a big headwind, so you have to find the better companies in commodities, I like more those that collect royalties.

My long-term play is uranium so I'm going for equities there but short-term I'm looking at CFDs in copper and corn.

Technically BTC still following the s&p. From pre market to now. We'll have to wait and see.

s&p going to crash and burn. Kinda hope BTC doesn't since would like to see it blow up. Tech ain't enough to hold it up. And like my miners making money again. Funniest part, they are in a garage where the power is not associated with me haha. That won't work in the summer, though.

When there was still TVIX we used to joke will it overtake spy. It hit 1k! in march. Lets see what uvxy (1.5x vix) is going to do. About ready for some bull puts I think for my shares.

And BTC transaction fees are out of hand again. Moved a few shit around and cost $50 just for a handful. Make some trades on kraken and lose 20% of it just trying to send my profits back. Some bs.

Last edited:
If anyone has advice to a first time investor I’m currently just investing spare change and what not so I’d like help if you could and I’m currently using cash app, .1 cent goes to government but this is temporary until I find the best only broker

Open a robinhood account and look up a 3 fund portfolio.

Personally, I would keep your money out until the correction happens. Right now the market is super inflated from QE. And now with covid issues coming harder, trump issues, it will correct. You would need to be shorting now. Or longing inverse. Best to hang tight and wait a few. Stack cash, then get ready to invest shortly. What is going on now is a 1st for everything. Market high, dollar low, trump, covid, crypto.

I’m not trying to sound like a broken record but I feel 1 k a share tesla coming by 2023

Dude. Are you trading or investing? 2023 is a FUCK long way away from where I'm sitting. And another COVID mutation or two or three and there may not be a Tesla or an "us" for that matter comes 2023! :ROFLMAO:
So it wouldn’t really matter anyways.

About 6 or 7 years I had just got and transferred 1 BTC into an online wallet on a DNM site as I was about to make a purchase... Was sat there refreshing the page every few mins waiting for it to show.
As soon as it did, the site went down. It went down pretty often so I wasnt too worried.
24hrs later still down. Wtf. Checked the forums and the owners had taken it down following an aparant flaw being found in tor and would be back 'soon' and no one was to worry about losing their balance.
It never came back.
I paid about £200 for that bitcoin!
I think about it coming back almost every night - imagine if it came back now, worth over 20k lol.
It blatantly never will, those bastards exit scammed both us buyers and the vendors for sure. I chatted to one vendor I used to deal with on said site on another site - and they said they had over 350 BTC in their wallet when the site went 'down'.

It always flares around xmas. Next year I must remember to invest.

Anyone ever use the investment apps I always see advertised like eToro? They make it look fool proof but I'm sure it can't be? Everyone would be on it surely?

My grandad was big into stocks and shares aparantly, but he died when I was about 12 so i never got to talk to him about it. It's definitely something I'd like to learn about

Never store BTC online for any length of time. Ever.
Only transfer the BTC when actually making a purchase or making another type of actual transaction.
If you don't own the Private Key to your BTC, it isn't actually yours and can be skimmed off any time the Private Key holder wants.

Last edited:
Never store BTC online for any length of time. Ever.
Only transfer the BTC when actually making a purchase or making another type of actual transaction.
If you don't own the Private Key to your BTC, it isn't actually yours and can be skimmed off any time the Private Key holder wants.
No of course not thats rule 1!
I used to transfer from the BTC site to electrum (a desktop wallet for those who don't know) then from electrum to a tumbler, then from there to the DNM wallet. Long winded I know, alot of waiting around, watching the blockchain, but yea, needs must hey.
I never let funds sit in my DNM wallet longer than a few minutes, this is the cunt of the situation. If it had arrived 10 minutes earlier and the seller was waiting and made a withdraw of funds instantly and got my address down, i could have been OK. Ifs and buts and hindsights are a real cunt of course.
I made tens of thousands in profit dealing with BTC and the DNM. I got scammed a few times and lost at least £1,000 but those losses didnt make a dent in my profits over the years