• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ The Main Favorite Psychedelic Research Chemical Thread

4-AcO-DMT, easily. This stuff is just so magical, guaranteed fantastic trip at a variety of dosage levels with amazing visuals and a great headspace.

I don't know about "guaranteed fantastic trips". Maybe for you, but I've had some pretty bad experiences with it. I also don't think it's very visual until you get to higher doses and then it's amazing DMT like visuals. I find it's not ideal for solo tripping but I've had some wonderful experiences on 4-aco with friends.

Oh and as for my favorite RC, I would have to go with 2C-I for psychs and MXE for dissociatives

I don't know about "guaranteed fantastic trips". Maybe for you, but I've had some pretty bad experiences with it. I also don't think it's very visual until you get to higher doses and then it's amazing DMT like visuals. I find it's not ideal for solo tripping but I've had some wonderful experiences on 4-aco with friends.

The only time it's been at all negative for me has been when I first tried it and thought I was going to die during the come-up, and once that passed and I peaked, it went on to be one of my favorite trips of all time. I've never done it alone but I could see where it might get dark here, because thought loops can get you ruminating about some deep stuff. But doing it with close friends is amazing. I feel like as long as you respect the chem (ie. no heroic dosages) and do it when you are in a generally good place mentally and emotionally, you should be fine. Although like anything else, it's not for everyone (8

I find the visuals very interesting even at something like 20mg, although they do certainly start to get much more intense at 25mg+

Tryptamine 4-HO-MET - pure recreational although I get pretty bad vasoconstriction on it (but I have CP so that probs makes a difference to my perception of it)
4-HO-MIPT is one I'd like to try- DPT was very intense I can understand some people thinking it being some form of holy sacrament.
AMT is good fun lasts abit long for my taste though, Methylone is pretty good especially in a speedball.
MXE was great fun while it lasted.

4-aco-dmt blows just about anything away. 25I comes in a close second. Take them at the same time for something really special.

4-Ho-Mipt is my favourite tryptamine by far.
Between phenethylamines the fight is much closer, it depends also on how many free days i have and if i have to trip solo or with friends, anyway i would say 25D-NBOMe followed by DOC and 2C-D.
Even if sometimes they can be fun i don't like dissociatives.

My fave would be 4-FA: the all-purpose stimulant with a mild empathogenic edge. As bad as it sounds, I've used it almost daily since about November '011 in small doses with no problems.

Aside from 4-FA, 4-HO-MET is the most interesting RC I've had the pleasure of trying. I'm no psychedelic fan, but it's definitely worth doing if you like shrooms.

This is unless we're counting banned chems, in which case methylone is the all-time winner :)

I think this thread would be more interesting if it was assorted for drug classes (i.e. favourite RC tryptamine, favourite RC psychedelic phenethylamine, favourite RC dissociative, favourite RC stimulant,...).

Favorite pyshedelic rc?

What is your favorite psychedelic research chemical right now? Why?

Mine is methoxetamine. I love dissociation! The little bit of stimulation and euphoria is a big bonus as well.

EDIT: Btw, post 1234! I <3 numerology and just noticing such a significant number also makes this moment significant. Perhaps the universe is telling me that good things will come of this thread.

I believe there is another thread to do with the same, but of the ones I've tried (AMT, 2C-E, 2C-D, 4-AcO-DMT, 25D-NBOMe), I found 4-AcO-DMT to be the nicest. AMT I never got far with. Never wanted to commit the time, so mostly vaped it. Both 2Cs that I tried were very interesting, but I took a special liking to 2C-D. Everytime I tripped on 2C-E, save for a couple of times, I felt I got my ass kicked. Not literally, but the stuff taught some lessons. I wish it weren't illegal. Still may try to get some.

4-AcO-DMT... I'll be truly sad if it gets too much attention. One trip, but I enjoyed it. If someone can have alcohol, I should not be bothered for playing with that.

25D-NBOMe... I would rather not repeat. It had interesting effects, but the side effects, such as vasoconstriction, and the couple or few days after that mood is effected (I was irritable, felt empty... A number of things), was enough for me to not want to explore further. I'd rather play with DOC (forgot that one), as far as time commitment goes. But that has strange tension/headaches with it. I just don't remember feeling so pissed the day after. Maybe I didn't have to work... I guess I am slightly less restrictive with moods the day after tryptamines (but usually in good spirits though... Nevermind. I hadn't slept hardly.), but I was slightly, explosive, this week. Also, my left sinus felt full, although it wasn't, and developed irritation in my mouth at about T+2.5-6 Hr. Just too many "no"s I hear from my body, on that one... But it was definitely deep. If it weren't for the side effects I feel, that aren't dose dependent, and after effects, is find it really interesting.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be interesting to add a poll to this thread?

25cNBOME - amazing psychedelic, visual, sociable, stress free. For me it has all the good sides of lsd without the headfuck.
2c-c - it's trippy :)
4 ho met - if you like shrooms this one is a winner
methylone - good alternative to mdma, more energetic
4 FA - much better than amphetamine IMO, cleaner stimulation and cool empathogenic side

I really like 4-FA too and I usually don't care for stims that much. Its not overwhelming at all even at high doses. Low doses are perfect for focus and getting stuff done. Higher doses start to get much more recreational. I like how it comes on as an amphetamine but leaves you as an empathogen. It also combos very nicely with 4-aco-dmt and 5-meo-mipt. It is my favorite stim for sure.

I have heard nothing but great things about 4-ho-met. It is the next compound on my list to experiment with.

My fave would be 4-FA: the all-purpose stimulant with a mild empathogenic edge. As bad as it sounds, I've used it almost daily since about November '011 in small doses with no problems.

Aside from 4-FA, 4-HO-MET is the most interesting RC I've had the pleasure of trying. I'm no psychedelic fan, but it's definitely worth doing if you like shrooms.

This is unless we're counting banned chems, in which case methylone is the all-time winner :)

fav rc trypt by far is 4-aco-dmt.. stuff is lovely
fav rc pheneth is 2c-e.. i really enjoyed that one