• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ The Main Favorite Psychedelic Research Chemical Thread

Dpt

I second what swilow is saying. DPT is amazing material, it can really take you far. Pure white light.<3

I dont have much experience with other 'RC's'(yet).
I have tried 2C-B once, and it was good. Nice glowing colours, lots of laughter.
Seemed to fit great in a social setting, had a really good time tripping with 3 other people.

DOM is very pleasant and as close to mescaline as you can get. No nausea too.

2C-T-7 if we are just talking about hallucinating

best RC, 2C-E or 4-ACO-DMT gets my vote, is 5-MEO-DMT really considered an RC?

^Yep. As far as I know it still isn't even scheduled yet. It just seems strange to call such a well researched(compared to others) substance an RC.

i understand no sourcing, and i shall in no way ask for sources, but i will ask this -

are the vast majority of RCs easily synthesized?

i understand no sourcing, and i shall in no way ask for sources, but i will ask this -

are the vast majority of RCs easily synthesized?

ha! not by a long shot. Unless you've got years of experience in advanced chemistry and synthesis techniques. But if you did I doubt you'd be asking...

i've never done an RC and want to know which is the best/most popular

There is no best. They're all at least somewhat different, but preferences are very personal, and even within the same person depend on what specifically you're looking for in each experience. 2c-e is one of my favorites. Definitely visual, and substantially weird, interesting, & useful mentally. 2c-c is fun, great body feel, but more "recreational." 4-Aco-DMT is quite awesome as well, and depending on dose can either recreational, or a life-death-rebirth experience. 4-Aco-MET is awesome as well, but I'm not sure if it has quite the mystical potential of its dimethyl counter part. 2c-t-2 seems to have quite a bit of utility for interpersonal relationships and odd & interesting visuals. Body load with that one can go either way, some find it enjoyable, while others dislike it a fair amount. 2c-d at lower doses is pretty light on the mind, easy & fun, but at higher doses more classically psychedelic. Those are just the few at the top of my list at the moment, but these things change. Also, its all based on my experience & observations of others, so it may not apply to you. The first thing you should read would be the qualitative comments in Book II of PiHKAL & TiHKAL for substances you think you might be interested in trying. But even that is still the opinion of a few individuals. Just research til you can't find anymore useful or pertinent info, then make a decision based on that.

Last edited:
op, since you like shrooms and dmt you'll most likely love 4-aco-dmt. i've only had two trials with it, but it seems to combine all the power of a shroom experience with none of the confusion. the jury is still out as to whether it is a simple prodrug or if it has its own effects besides those of psilocin itself, but honestly the flavor of the experience is very mushroom-like.

i've only tasted it in relatively low levels (15-18mg) and i would compare it to 2g of mush. when i get the time set aside, I am very excited to see how it will compare to high dose (5-8g) mush, as these doses of the natural form are highly visionary in the immersive OOBE sense, IME.

personally I had a bit of experience with shrooms (and one acid trip) under my belt before trying 2c-e, and while i was impressed with the duration and quality of visuals, i am not tempted to seek out any more of the compound. it's great stuff, but all i want is 4-aco-dmt because it feels much cleaner on the body, comes up as quickly as shrooms, and does not give me excessive muscular stimulation.

but then again, 4-aco-dmt is much less of a "research chemical" in my mind than the 2c-family is. while the mescaline cousin has been studied much, the 2c-family varies in effects and side effects greatly. conversely, 4-aco-dmt is much much closer to psilocin in effects, and somehow seems to even get rid of some side effects.

I don't like this thread, it's too simplistic - there is no one winner. Many have their own shining qualities and downsides, what is ideal depends on set and setting and even then it is a highly subjective consideration.

This will be merged with the big 'favorite' thread.

2C-I, even though a lot of people don't like it, it's my favorite chem for raving and doing nitrous.

I have a feeling that DPT, 2C-T-7, and 4-acO-DMT would be good contenders if I had done them.

2c-b all day long. It seems suitable for any occasion, provides energy but can be made mellow, has a tolerable duration, presents entertaining visuals, gives little body load, gently reminds the user how to create a positive attitude under adverse circumstances, and works well with music. It's a winner in every way.

4-HO-MET. I haven´t tripped as much on any drug except 4-HO-MET. It´s simply a powerful and friendly warm tryptamine which provides everything from mood enhancement to spiritual experiences - depending on dosage.

And I don´t prefer it just because of insufficient availability of other drugs. I even favour it over LSD and MDMA.

aMT as a releaser
favorite tryptamine: 4HO-MET
phenethylamine: 2C-E

4-AcO-DMT, easily. This stuff is just so magical, guaranteed fantastic trip at a variety of dosage levels with amazing visuals and a great headspace.

4-aco-dmt gave me the best trip of my life, I just haven't gotten to do any more since a while ago, DOC gave me the most stimulatingly pleasurable experience of my life, 2c-b is my personal favorite for drinking on or going to shows on, 25i-nbome blew my fucking brain apart with visuals but it might have nasty side-effects.

for me so far its been 4-ho-mipt purely because it makes music sound so amazing and i love music