• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ The Main Favorite Psychedelic Research Chemical Thread

AMT, even if it's almost 8 years since I did it last time. The Kinder Egg drug. Three surprises in one.

I hate the term research chemical. A psychedelic is a psychedelic is a psychedelic regardless how often the men in lab coats feed it to mice. I only distinguish PEA to indole, or if you must go further, synthetic to organic.

But sure I'll play:

Favorite tryptamine/indole from a lab: Iprocin or 4-AcO-DMT...of course the latter is really not far off from being an organic so let it rest as an enigma in this category. Favorite PEA from the lab leaving out the entactogens...2C-T-7.

Favorite tryptamine from Gia; DMT. Favorite PEA from Gia, mescaline (by default).

I hate the term research chemical. A psychedelic is a psychedelic is a psychedelic regardless how often the men in lab coats feed it to mice. I only distinguish PEA to indole, or if you must go further, synthetic to organic.
Well said. I hate the term "research chemical" almost as much as the term "designer drug".

My updated favorites:

Tryptamine family: 4-ho-mipt. Absolute bliss, wonderful music, great body high, the giggles.

Phenethylamine family: definitely DOC. Just an absolute gem of a substance, I get little to no body load, wonderful visuals, enhanced cognition, euphoria and great music enhancement. I just love it and as soon as I have more expendable income on hand, it's the first I plan on getting again.

Designer drug is not so bad. It at least is specific about the chemical being a 'drug' vs what could be research into new types of paint thinners.

Definition of designer drugs:
"Designer drugs are drugs that are created (or marketed, if they had already existed) to avoid the provisions of existing drug laws, usually by preparing analogs or derivatives of existing drugs by modifying their chemical structure to varying degrees,[1] or less commonly by finding drugs with entirely different chemical structures that produce similar subjective effects to illegal recreational drugs;" From wikipedia.

I think it's demeaning to Shulgins creations to call them designer drugs. Only RC stims like mephedrone fits the bill in my opinion. It was specificaly designed to be a legal high.

people around here call them china-drugs or china-coke, chinese-coke or similar things... research chemical would be an advance :/

or in the opposite direction: they refer to them as "medical-lsd" or "pharmaceutical-lsd" :/

it gets hard to communicate with people when they put shulgins psychedelic compounds in the same category as things like mdpv, for the most part i've given up and just keep my thoughts to myself...

guess that's kind of off-topic, here are some psychedelic compounds i like (too many to pick a favourite)

4-aco-dmt: when i get to ride the high dmt-like frequency it's my favourite for sure, but it doesn't reliably get me there, also love its calmness and the "wait! am i dreaming this right now?" feeling it produces...

4-ho-met: yeah it's not very deep and the visuals can be pure eye-candy - lacking the meaning other psychs produce. But on the plus side: it's really manageable, even in territory where with other substances you'd be picking up the pieces of your mind years later still... also it's great for high-dose solo-trips in the nature or just having fun with friends, or parties etc.

2c-e: the synaesthesia i get from 2c-e is unmatched for me, also love the stimulant-like clarity post-peak with 2c-e... the tactile sensations can be as good or better than mdma, in general it does have an mdma-like quality for me, only that as a bonus you get tons of psychedelia and little to no comedown... But it can feel very weird and alien as well, also i have never seen psychological issues manifest that clearly as body-load as with 2c-e... another thing is that i have to combine it with cannabis to enjoy it at all...

2c-i: 2c-i is a weird one, up to 20mg i don't like it very much, but with 20+mg i had such blissful and unique peaks that i class it as a favourite for sure - also some very clear, always accessible peak-memories from this one, but some strange side-effects with memory and cognition as well (have not taken it for 2 years or longer and don't miss it, but will cherish what it showed to me for the rest of my life)

that are some, still got a lot left to try :D

but one thing i learned by now: the compound is just the vehicle: you and your mind determine where you go with it - and that is the limiting factor in most any equation, imho :)

good vibes

For me it's a very close tie, 4 aco dmt and 4 ho met.
Although I'm waiting for the appropriate time to try out some other substituted tryptamines, I doubt they'll surpass those two.

I wish I had the opportunity to try some of the gems that have already come and gone, until that happens 4-HO-MiPT gets me all sorts of weird in a good kind of way.

2C-B. I used to love 4-ACO-DMT, and still do; it's just too much for me nowadays. Feels more like an expensive psychotherapy session :|

I am interested in what Ketamine could possibly do for me. I've been addicted to opiates my entire life. Ive managed long periods of abstinence before but still could never reach a point without them that would allow me to have any kind of quality of life. I've tried everything and been thru every rehab on this side of the state. I feel so hopeless. It feels like all of the options available are only gonna place expectations on me that I am not capable of. Its been suggested to me that the reason it's so difficult for me is because most of my developmental years occured while I was under the influence of them. It's easy to assume that I am just not trying hard enough. Maybe I am not. Regardless it's no kinda life.

I am interested in what Ketamine could possibly do for me. I've been addicted to opiates my entire life. Ive managed long periods of abstinence before but still could never reach a point without them that would allow me to have any kind of quality of life. I've tried everything and been thru every rehab on this side of the state. I feel so hopeless. It feels like all of the options available are only gonna place expectations on me that I am not capable of. Its been suggested to me that the reason it's so difficult for me is because most of my developmental years occured while I was under the influence of them. It's easy to assume that I am just not trying hard enough. Maybe I am not. Regardless it's no kinda life.
Opiates are incredibly physically addictive and extremely difficult to get off of after long-term use under the best of circumstances. It is completely understandable that you are unable to quit. The fact that you began using so early indicates that there is likely another problem you are facing. Dr. Gabor Maté, who is considered by many to be one of the world's leading experts on the relationship between trauma and addiction, says that addiction always serves a purpose. The drug addiction is not a disease or a problem but a band-aid solution to one. The addiction is sometimes what is keeping people alive in their struggle against the actual problem. Addiction is often due to childhood trauma (emotional/physical/sexual/narcissistic abuse or other traumatizing events) and/or anxiety, depression, etc. (Which may result from this trauma) It can also occur as a response to other emotional loss. The point is that nobody who has faced zero suffering in their life has an urge or desire to try drugs in the first place, and those who do are incredibly unlikely to become addicted. You can read more about this perspective here if you're interested. It is extremely uncomfortable for psychiatrists to admit this fact, to the point that psychiatry textbooks once claimed that the rate of childhood sexual abuse in America was over 1 in a million. Modern psychiatry instead focuses on band-aid solutions that cover up problems and blame the vast majority of mental disorders on genetics and "chemical imbalances."

You need to find and work through the emotional issues that caused you to become addicted and to use opiates so early in life. Without solving these issues, you will continue to regress back into addiction no matter how much effort you put in. This solution can be a combination of therapy, journaling, meditation, psychedelic-assisted therapy, etc. I personally also found exercise to be extremely helpful. I can send you resources on this if you're interested. Feel free to PM me.

As for ketamine, it allows you to look at your issues while separating yourself from them, and (through some neurochemistry which I won't get into) it also makes it extremely difficult for you to feel suicidal in the days/weeks following usage. I believe there was a study in the 1990s that used ketamine-assisted hypnosis to treat alcoholism, but I'm unable to find it at the moment. While I have not personally struggled with severe addiction, I found ketamine to be helpful in alleviating extreme suicidal ideation and it also helped me work through some of my mental health issues during the few experiences I had with it. It is a relatively mild substance outside of very strong doses and its short duration (When used intranasally, which I strongly recommend over other RoAs) is very helpful. I got what I needed from it (temporary relief from my suicidal ideation) and then used psychedelics, therapy, and other practices as more permanent solutions. I have had little to no desire to try ketamine again as I found it to be somewhat boring and disliked the cognitive impairment experienced during the trip. I don't have any knowledge about whether or not it can affect opiate withdrawal, but I will list some other substances that have proven to be extremely successful as unorthodox treatments to opioid/other addiction.

Research and anecdotal reports indicate that Ibogaine is the most effective substance for treating addiction. It can also prevent you from having opioid withdrawal, though I'm unsure if this has been replicated clinically or if it is purely an anecdotal claim. Hamilton's Pharmacopeia did an excellent episode or two on ibogaine, and this documentary (which I have yet to watch) on YouTube also appears to focus on the subject. Be careful if you pursue this route, as ibogaine can be extremely dangerous (And even lethal) if dosed excessively and is also quite difficult to obtain in Western countries.

If you haven't tried it yet (which is unlikely given that you are on here), LSD has also shown incredible efficacy in treating addiction and alcoholism. Psilocybin has been used for this purpose, but I personally prefer LSD for therapy as I find it to be more clear-headed. I would suggest finding an experienced, qualified tripsitter to assist you if you choose this route. Generally a close friend who is empathetic, supportive, and experienced with psychedelics is best. Remember that the treatment is not the drug but the therapy and experiences which the drug allows. You should also talk to someone who has experience using psychedelics to treat opioid addiction and ask them how/if to taper off of the opiates. Do some research on here and on Erowid and you should be able to find numerous people who have used one of the substances listed here to treat addiction. I hope this helps.

METHOXETAMINE MYSTERY
-by Asante (2013)

Take it under your tongue
Let it rest before going inside.
Saliva builds, anticipation rises
intentions affirmed with a gulp.

Anima of aminoethyl
Prince of phenyl
King of ketone
Matriarch of the methoxy.

What must we lose when consciousness
of this world gracefully yields to Beyond?
Doubt, our fears, anticipation
open your mind for what's to come.

Descend, downward, downward
detach the old, embrace the new.
A candle holds the Soul of God
an Angel dancing in the flame.

Descending, descending, ever downward
your life dances in your mind.
Down we go, like flying, like dying
Tonight we're going Home.

It comes! It comes! The Darkness deepens
expands behind your eyelids closed.
Reality strobes between Here and There
its vibration makes it so.

The head, it coils and stretches
the heavy hat is worn with pride.
Do not fear the Dark Embrace
Fear is the only Demon here.

Caves and caverns, cloth and wood
your conciousness folds and bends.
Your senses sense the unearthly
Divinity speaks through your higher self

Methoxetamine Mystery, ever unfolding
the secrets of Life and Death revealed
The sweetest seduction, slightest incentive
Plain and open in front of your mind.

You open your eyes and the Worlds are strobing
sizes and shape and motion impaired.
The universe filled with love and music
strange noises beyond your ear.

Embraced by a bubble of a reality
so strange to the waking, yet in its way true.
In a dream dreamed between the dimensions
Different rules apply.

Will you call to me, when its time to descend?
Will you help me emerge and get back on my feet?
Will you stay with me all of my lifetime?
Will you stay with me, as long as I need?

This one's for the Mighty
The solemnly Majestic
The mystically Mysterious
The Methoxetamine.

Part of me is pushing for me to say methoxetamine, seeing it's my baby, but in truth, I'd say 2C-EF, because anything that can instill the spirit of the dance, in me, is truly amazing

You may now commence with my pelting with rotten fruit! 🤣

I really love DOC and 2C-I. In fact 2C-I is the only RC I finished my entire supply of. I'm sad that it isn't available anymore through clearnet vendors...