• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

I've been reading some posts in this thread and I'm really concerned about my use of Lyrica. They prescribed it to me a long time ago, maybe 6 years, today I took 1200mg and I feel relaxed... I have a cocaine abuse problem that I have been maintaining for about 8 months in doses of more than 1gr per day. How fucked up can my brain and my body be, if we add to that my use of ketamine, tramadol and mdma, I can simply think of a very early death... April 1st is my 24th birthday... I don't want to live anymore .
Important thing is how fuck up do you feel?

1g is still within limits of “normal” doses and it’s not that damaging but I can imagine it’s a hard habit to kick at high doses after many years which isn’t reason to not try it, at least to lower dose and make a use of “brightens” it brings..

Important thing is how fuck up do you feel?

1g is still within limits of “normal” doses and it’s not that damaging but I can imagine it’s a hard habit to kick at high doses after many years which isn’t reason to not try it, at least to lower dose and make a use of “brightens” it brings..
I was so fucked up before. But I feel worse than ever, controlling my impulses and consumption, in addition to my very dark way of seeing life. Saying 1gr of coke is to give an example... during the weekdays, weekends are triple of that. in addition to the multiple binges in the last few months... today I did not consume, here I am seeing what else I can sell, to this I mean. It's bullshit.

How long are you doing coke? I was on multiple grams daily for half a year - year.. One of worst mistakes of my life.

You’ll feel much better when you stop, and stopping it isn’t easy but WD’s aren’t really bad and cravings can be sorted out in a plethora of ways.

Your not fucked up for good, I guarantee you! Hell, you are still young enough to discover whole new levels of fucked up, and that’s good, that’s life! While you fall you gain a lot of momentum and fall trough the lowest point and pop back up on top...doesn’t sound logical but neither does superpositioning and loads of things...but they just are...

How long are you doing coke? I was on multiple grams daily for half a year - year.. One of worst mistakes of my life.

You’ll feel much better when you stop, and stopping it isn’t easy but WD’s aren’t really bad and cravings can be sorted out in a plethora of ways.

Your not fucked up for good, I guarantee you! Hell, you are still young enough to discover whole new levels of fucked up, and that’s good, that’s life! While you fall you gain a lot of momentum and fall trough the lowest point and pop back up on top...doesn’t sound logical but neither does superpositioning and loads of things...but they just are...
8 months at this rate of consumption. It's totally fucked up. I just want some coke now, nothing else.

I know the feeling. Almost killed myself and managed to properly fuck up my life cuz I WANTED IT SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH. But I tell you when you ditch it, it’s not like with benzos where WD’s last for months, possibly years or like with opiates where hell is not that long (well idk about shitty bupe, methadone or fent) but it’s intense and cravings aren’t as strong as with coke in fact but they stay! With coke you push trough initial WD’s and after that avoid places where there’s coke and you’ll manage it, feel better week by week and one day wake up and get trough day without even thinking about it.

Do you snort, smoke or inject it?

I snort it, rarely smoke it. But I feel screwed in many ways, I've also used benzos for years therapeutically. I took a large dose of different drugs now, hoping to feel better without feeling anything...it's stupid and bitter.
I'm sorry for not being able to be optimistic right now, but right now I can't think that I want to continue with everything around me.. everything that happens in my personal life is also a big fucking part of this thing.

everything that happens in my personal life is also a big fucking part of this thing.
THIS!

And whatever it is, it’s life! It’s normal for you and me to reach for (insane amounts of) drugs while our world is collapsing. Is it the best thing, surely no. But it’s far better than killing, raping or watching reality TV..

First think on your list should be getting out of – I can’t get high hell… I thought about making thread about it. About all the drugs with which you can reach that hell. But in most, if not all cases, you can rather easy get back to high as a kite hell and than drop toward somewhat sober life… Some time far in the future? Somewhere far from your continent? Doesn’t matter, you are high so kite will drift far far away..and it’ll become a good ride once again, even if for a moment, it’ll be a glorious moment.

Hey. I have been taking lyrica at doses of 225-525 mg for six months. I have been on lyrica 1-3 times a week and there have been weeks in a row where I have only taken it once a week and then there have been weeks where I have taken it twice and a few times I have taken it three times a week and I have had no withdrawal symptoms other than maybe mood symptoms, but I think I've avoided physical addiction at least for now.
However, now I have been taking 300 mg daily for the past three weeks, the second week and last week I have taken 225 mg for a few days and also twice I have only taken 150 mg per day. What can I expect? should i reduce now or how should i stop this now? sorry english is not my native language.

Well if you abuse it and don’t have it prescribed, I guess rather stop than risk problems. How to stop? Well you can just stop without any mambo jambo… And it’s not really a big dose so you shouldn’t feel too bad.

If u have an rx; I found taking a single dose of 150mg every morning to be a good mood boost or generalized Anxiety.

Going down to one dose a day; had zero adverse effects from a subtle intoxication at 300, 450mg doses.

My friend takes a dose every day as well; he uses it for a sleep aid at night.
Better than a(larger) benzo habit as it kinda tickles the same itch as benzos only better if only easy to obtain

If u have an rx; I found taking a single dose of 150mg every morning to be a good mood boost or generalized Anxiety.
sorry but what does the abbreviation rx stand for? apparently a recipe??
I have been taking 150 mg for a few days now and maybe I'll take 75mg for a few more days and stop there. really, I've only been on mostly 300mg a day for a few weeks. (+6 months 1-3 times a week 300-525mg) the life situation is just so difficult with anxiety, even the smallest withdrawal symptoms are scary and of course I want to land as smoothly as possible.
i don't have a recipe but i have enough that i can reduce my dose and not have to go cold turkey

Last edited:
Hello guys. My question is a simple one: does Lyrica have any effect, adverse or beneficial, if taken with Escitalopram? I have recently started taking it with Escitalopram (10 mg), previosly I only used it occasionally, like maximum twice per week, never going over 300mg.
But recently, I started to notice that its effect are not as they were: I am only able to notice them if I drink energetics or coffee. Blunts help too, but the effect is still fleeting and not as big as it was.
So is this tolerance, or Escitalopram prevents it from metabolizing or something?

Hello guys. My question is a simple one: does Lyrica have any effect, adverse or beneficial, if taken with Escitalopram? I have recently started taking it with Escitalopram (10 mg), previosly I only used it occasionally, like maximum twice per week, never going over 300mg.
But recently, I started to notice that its effect are not as they were: I am only able to notice them if I drink energetics or coffee. Blunts help too, but the effect is still fleeting and not as big as it was.
So is this tolerance, or Escitalopram prevents it from metabolizing or something?
Disco - years ago, I was briefly on both these meds you mentioned. The side effects I experienced was extreme sluggishness when waking up ( which lasted only 20 minutes) & blurry vision for 20 minutes.

Back to the Lyrica thread....

I was just prescribed Lyrica 400mg daily from my pain management doctor. It has been 2 years since I last used Lyrica. I took a 100mg capsule each hour 4 times (12pm, 1pm, 2 pm, 3pm). I could start feeling effects about an hour after the first dose. After all 4 doses I was feeling VERY good. I was very talkative, very productive (kind of a light drunk feeling but not overwhelming), & of course my neck nerve pain reduced to wonderful levels. It was hard to go to sleep, even 8 hours (11pm) after the 4th dose. I also got the serious MUNCHIES!

Overall, a wonderful drug! Very long lasting effects! I realize how the tolerance level builds so quickly, so I may skip a day between doses to save my meds. Having a pain management doctor has its pros and cons as far as getting meds. Some people may judge my titrating Lyrica, but it works for me. I used to even titrate Gabapentin every 45 minutes many years ago. Our Blue light friend Keifer has great info on Gabapentin. I'm even thinking of trying titrating Lyrica every 90 minutes to lengthen the med experience. Anyway, how do you all feel about titrating Lyrica?

Hey. I have been taking lyrica at doses of 225-525 mg for six months. I have been on lyrica 1-3 times a week and there have been weeks in a row where I have only taken it once a week and then there have been weeks where I have taken it twice and a few times I have taken it three times a week and I have had no withdrawal symptoms other than maybe mood symptoms, but I think I've avoided physical addiction at least for now.
However, now I have been taking 300 mg daily for the past three weeks, the second week and last week I have taken 225 mg for a few days and also twice I have only taken 150 mg per day. What can I expect? should i reduce now or how should i stop this now? sorry english is not my native language.
Well,you have taken high doses but you were smart enough to not take it EVERY Day 👍💪. If you want to stop completely like your post sounds, just do it, i guess youl be fine, just keep some at hand just in case ( + a few benzos if you can) and let us know how it went. You can do it!!
I just went through a big benzo taper and pregabalin helped alot, just had to really take care not to trade one addiction to the other. Only abused pregabalin in the beginning with +1200mg upwards. For me,i noticed i get the positive effects at lower doses like 400mg morning, 200- 400 mg at night and this avoided the sideeffects i had on higher doses like sweating, weicht gain cuz always hungry and it stores water in body,dont know how that called in english. Good luck 👍
GODSPEED

Got a bunch of 75 mg Lyricas the other week and have been experimenting with dosage.

150 mg a couple of hours before my first beer made my social anxiety go away and helped me pace my drinking (yes, i know mixing this stuff with booze is risky) since even a few pints gave me a nice buzz. 225 mg with a bit more to drink was too much. 75 mg before breakfast today curbed both my anxiety and my cravings for alcohol (0 drinks today so far) nicely without impacting my thinking or coordination.

I'd like to take 75 - 150 mg when needed to help myself stay away from the drink (or at least excessive drinking) for the time being. Am i at a risk for getting WDs eventually if i take such a low dose a few times a week for a few weeks?
No,i dont think so. Your smart to pause a few days with pregabalin. 2 days without always brought my tolerance down to nearly Zero. I know its nice with beer.
With a few beers, good opie dose oral and weed had me melt into the Couch, unable to get up and if,not able to walk straight.
Alcohol is a heavy beast, much respect 2 you and much 💪. You can do it.

sorry but what does the abbreviation rx stand for? apparently a recipe??
I have been taking 150 mg for a few days now and maybe I'll take 75mg for a few more days and stop there. really, I've only been on mostly 300mg a day for a few weeks. (+6 months 1-3 times a week 300-525mg) the life situation is just so difficult with anxiety, even the smallest withdrawal symptoms are scary and of course I want to land as smoothly as possible.
i don't have a recipe but i have enough that i can reduce my dose and not have to go cold turkey
Bist Du Deutscher?😉

Bist Du Deutscher?😉
No, I'm from Finland. Well, I still haven't stopped taking lyrica and now I'm mainly on it at 150 mg a day and some days I've taken 225 or 300 mg once - twice a week. I'm in line for rehab because I can't seem to stop this. Fortunately, I have kept my dose relatively low and have been using it daily for about two months. At the same time for the last month I have also been taking 1mg clonazepam or 1mg depot alprazolam almost every day but last week I only took 1mg clonazepam in total and now they have run out except I have four 1mg depot alprazolam but at the moment I don't feel like I have benzo withdrawal symptoms.

no need to rush taper slowly if you need
If you feel that somedays are just from my experience, like time fly fast and before sleep I would be like "o i didn't take any today and worked fine" but the reason that I remembered is back pain and pissing a lot of the same thing as 90% go unchanged through you, me everybody as I understood" feel free to correct me If i'm wrong on this.

Don't rely to much on 2 most intense benzos apart from RC's, as they don't do much on pregabalin withdrawal! and that is one another addiction
So sorry I haven't red all posts you are trying to quit pregabalin?
L-theanine helps
Beta-alanine helps
Taurine helps
A lot of vitamines and minerals as first phase when jump or CT or lowering by 200% will make you pee like:
I lost like 3-5 kg just stoping phenibut and after lowering pregabalin to a point that now I take once or twice a week when I need it and tolerance is here the same
As for kindling, that I think never happened to me because it eat reverse every benzo withdrawal was lighter than previous because I was prepared as you can be and anyone, you know what to expect, comfort meds et cetera....

But job that I now work helped a lot as that is something I also enjoy, well 50% of the time but that is something, no overthinking or browsing pregabalin through various forums