• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

What you described feeling on Lyrica, I feel that way on Gabapentin......it makes me feel drunk (sans hangover), sloppy speech, and unsteady when I am walking about. Just took 300mg of Lyrica and I’m interested to see how I feel after an hour.
i got a lyrica script a week or two ago and i was having a slight allergic reaction. Just a terrible headache but an allergic reaction nonetheless. My doctor just gave me gabapentin. I had a 50mg dose of lyrica versus a 300mg dose of gabapentin now. I find the gabapentin the most euphoric. It feels way better than lyrica to me.

On gabapentin I feel great and I can't stop smiling and I am very content. On lyrica I feel slow and uncoordinated and a little numb but none of the positive emotional effects.

Anyone else experience anything similar?

Shit, Gabapentin takes 90 min before I feel anything. Just got switched to Lyrica by my doc (nerve pain from surgery). Gabapentin makes me feel drunk as hell but does absolutely NOTHING for the neuropathy.
Haha yeah I started the day with a residual Lyrica high. The reason I said four and 1/2 hours is because it takes around an hour or so, even an hour and 1/2 sometimes, the longest wait I've had with any medication, e.g. Focalin IR taken orally hits in a 1/2 hour, sometimes 45 minutes at the most with me.
[/QUOTE

If you open capsule mix it with hot water and drink it takes like twenty minutes

Just used Lyrica to get me through the worst of my oxy withdrawal. It really helped a lot. I even had a break from benzos in that time too because pregabalin does their job pretty alright. Only real issues I had were all the damn side effects and the short half-life causing a lot of rebound anxiety unless I kept redosing.

Stopped taking it now I'm past the worst of my oxy w/d, and started back on my clonazepam for anxiety.

Clonazepam is far superior for anxiety (fewer side effects, long acting, and no rebound) but pregabalin is an amazing comfort med for opiate withdrawals and I love it for that.

I tell you what though I'm gonna be with my girlfriend for a few nights and might bring some pregabalin... it really seems to increase libido and make things feel better too. Same as phenibut.

Just used Lyrica to get me through the worst of my oxy withdrawal. It really helped a lot. I even had a break from benzos in that time too because pregabalin does their job pretty alright. Only real issues I had were all the damn side effects and the short half-life causing a lot of rebound anxiety unless I kept redosing.

Stopped taking it now I'm past the worst of my oxy w/d, and started back on my clonazepam for anxiety.

Clonazepam is far superior for anxiety (fewer side effects, long acting, and no rebound) but pregabalin is an amazing comfort med for opiate withdrawals and I love it for that.

I tell you what though I'm gonna be with my girlfriend for a few nights and might bring some pregabalin... it really seems to increase libido and make things feel better too. Same as phenibut.

Pregabalin definitely has it's perks... sex drive is through the roof for example when on it (IME) and it stopped hangovers dead in their tracks.
Possibly fun for very, very occasional use. Not for me anymore.. I've had my fill 😉

I'm currently on Clonazepam now, but the dose is waaaay too low. Obviously doc started me on the lowest dose and I get maybe an hour's worth of panic free time.. I'm high end fucked up depression/ anxiety wise at this point in my life, I don't think anything can help me at this point.

Pregabalin definitely has it's perks... sex drive is through the roof for example when on it (IME) and it stopped hangovers dead in their tracks.
Possibly fun for very, very occasional use. Not for me anymore.. I've had my fill 😉

Absolutely agreed that it's one for occasional use. I also find no recreation in it when taken alone. It's best in combos. Taking it with opiates for example feels great, although probably not too safe. It also does a good job of potentiating benzos.

But yeah awful drug to be on daily. The reason I have so much is because I have it leftover from an old script and it was awful. I just tapered myself off it even though my stupid psychiatrist wouldn't listen to me and kept trying to up my dose. He eventually gave me some diazepam instead but told me a million times how addictive it is. He gave me no such warnings about pregabalin for some reason...

I'm currently on Clonazepam now, but the dose is waaaay too low. Obviously doc started me on the lowest dose and I get maybe an hour's worth of panic free time.. I'm high end fucked up depression/ anxiety wise at this point in my life, I don't think anything can help me at this point.

Just work your way up. "Yeah this drug works but the dose is too low to help enough."

I got put straight on clonazepam 2mg I love my GP.

Absolutely agreed that it's one for occasional use. I also find no recreation in it when taken alone. It's best in combos. Taking it with opiates for example feels great, although probably not too safe. It also does a good job of potentiating benzos.

But yeah awful drug to be on daily. The reason I have so much is because I have it leftover from an old script and it was awful. I just tapered myself off it even though my stupid psychiatrist wouldn't listen to me and kept trying to up my dose. He eventually gave me some diazepam instead but told me a million times how addictive it is. He gave me no such warnings about pregabalin for some reason...

Just work your way up. "Yeah this drug works but the dose is too low to help enough."

I got put straight on clonazepam 2mg I love my GP.

I'm on 1.5mg clon per day. Ugh.
Absolutely agree with combining Pregabalin with benzos.. my perfect, magic combo was Lyrica/ Endone/Ritalin. Bliss.

My clonazepam script is up to 4mg per day. Never needed that much though in all honesty, 1mg is usually fine unless I have some especially bad anxiety. But when my anxiety is really bad alprazolam is the one for the job.

My clonazepam script is up to 4mg per day. Never needed that much though in all honesty, 1mg is usually fine unless I have some especially bad anxiety. But when my anxiety is really bad alprazolam is the one for the job.
Yeah my psych refuses all other benzos (besides clon).
It's the only one she trusts in.

Is that Xanax? Extremely hard to obtain here and my psych hates it.

Yes alprazolam = Xanax. Very hard to get a script here in the UK but I just get it off the markets. I like the Ksalol 1mg pills, always reliable and hard hitting, and I tend to avoid pressed bars which tend to be inconsistent in quality unless they're the only thing I can get ahold of at the time.

I have actually had a Xanax script before from a private doctor but it was a short-term one-off. Only a proper croaker would hand out repeat scripts of it. It's not even an NHS approved drug so private docs are the only ones able to write a prescription.

Plenty on the black market though, it's become popular recently despite not being used in medicine here because of the hype in the US.

Yes alprazolam = Xanax. Very hard to get a script here in the UK but I just get it off the markets. I like the Ksalol 1mg pills, always reliable and hard hitting, and I tend to avoid pressed bars which tend to be inconsistent in quality unless they're the only thing I can get ahold of at the time.

I have actually had a Xanax script before from a private doctor but it was a short-term one-off. Only a proper croaker would hand out repeat scripts of it. It's not even an NHS approved drug so private docs are the only ones able to write a prescription.

Plenty on the black market though, it's become popular recently despite not being used in medicine here because of the hype in the US.

I'm in Australia and have had an array of meds presribed to me, but absolutely never Xanax. I've never even had the privilege to try it. I've had Ativan, Valium, clonazepam, Tamazepam, Seroquel, Pregabalin, Mirtazapine/Lexapro, Zoloft...
I once mentioned Xanax and the doctor looked at me like I was a fucking junkie and said nope. I've never sought any of these drugs for the high (although a bonus since who the fuck doesn't love the escape from chronic anxiety) but even still, Xanax is definitely frowned upon.

I can source it from someone, but the price is ridiculous. And how do I know what I'm actually getting being from the darknet?

That makes sense based on what I know of Australia. Getting benzos in general is difficult as in the UK but because Xanax abuse was all over the media it got made a strongly controlled drug and got more stigma. Is that about right?

As for prices can't discuss those specifically here but I can say I just got 100x 1mg Xanax for less than a hundred quid. I have no idea about Australian prices though, I understand drugs in general are more expensive over there mostly due to your strict customs.

That makes sense based on what I know of Australia. Getting benzos in general is difficult as in the UK but because Xanax abuse was all over the media it got made a strongly controlled drug and got more stigma. Is that about right?

As for prices can't discuss those specifically here but I can say I just got 100x 1mg Xanax for less than a hundred quid. I have no idea about Australian prices though, I understand drugs in general are more expensive over there mostly due to your strict customs.

Someone from this forum shared this article with me..
So apt.
However, I admit that I tend to lean towards getting "something" out of benzos, I have a very addictive personality and I truly don't know how to be "ok" without feeling BETTER than ok, if that makes sense.

Someone from this forum shared this article with me..
So apt.
However, I admit that I tend to lean towards getting "something" out of benzos, I have a very addictive personality and I truly don't know how to be "ok" without feeling BETTER than ok, if that makes sense.

That's a good article, makes a lot of good points.

This is a good one too, from the World Psychiatry journal.

Basically benzos have been unfairly demonised and I think your article is right in that the pharma industry has a large part to play in that. All benzos are out of patent drugs and they wanna push new stuff, like pregabalin for example, even though pregabalin has more side effects and I would argue a harsher withdrawal when compared to benzodiazepines.

But I do also get what you're saying that the line between therapeutic and recreational use can be blurred. But then the same is true of pregabalin also.

That's a good article, makes a lot of good points.

This is a good one too, from the World Psychiatry journal.

Basically benzos have been unfairly demonised and I think your article is right in that the pharma industry has a large part to play in that. All benzos are out of patent drugs and they wanna push new stuff, like pregabalin for example, even though pregabalin has more side effects and I would argue a harsher withdrawal when compared to benzodiazepines.

But I do also get what you're saying that the line between therapeutic and recreational use can be blurred. But then the same is true of pregabalin also.
It certainly was blurred for me. I was at the point where just being outside of my norm was better than BEING. I didn't even enjoy the effects of Lyrica by itself, it was simply pure escapism, numbing and getting out of myself.

strange how Pregabalin affects people differently. I can take grams of the stuff and feel essentially nothing, although I'm going to try and potentiate it with some Xanax now. I wouldn't combine it with Opiates personally

Is Phenibut essentially a more 'natural' version of Pregabalin?