• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

Actually, that just means it doesn't get metabolized into something else, not that only 2% reaches your brain. Some drugs get excreted unchanged even though they affect you, for example, the active compound in Amanita muscaria mushrooms. In fact you can drink your urine and keep redosing yourself on the same mushrooms. Sounds like that's probably true with pregabalin too, at least if that line you quoted is true.

well I might save some money, but I think I'll give the urine recycling a miss - I'm not that desperate :D

@Xorkoth sorry for the gore ?
They initially thought I'd be needing plastic surgery but thankfully a really great doctor walked in, looked at me and said "I can fix that"... and he did!
I am lucky.. it definitely could have been a lot worse being so close to my eye..

Anxiety and depression are often fobbed off... advice like "try breathing exercises..." "you'll be ok, just go for a walk".. "take a bath and light some candles"...
Anxiety feels like a demon sitting in your chest. Every day tasks are unbearable. Waking up mid panic attack but forcing yourself to go to work... the feeling of impending doom and catastrophe ever present..
It's a fucking misunderstood, horrible affliction ???

I've suffered from those for most of my life. None of the anti-depressant meds they have given me have worked. It can be utterly debilitating and there's no logic to who depression affects. Some people don't get that.

recreational drink/drugs is the only thing that helped - at least in the short term - because it gives me something to look forward to. Sad but true

OMG! I hope you back on low doses lyrica and you carry on weaning it off.
I've suffered from those for most of my life. None of the anti-depressant meds they have given me have worked. It can be utterly debilitating and there's no logic to who depression affects. Some people don't get that.

recreational drink/drugs is the only thing that helped - at least in the short term - because it gives me something to look forward to. Sad but true

Same here. I distinctly remember my first panic attack.. I would have been about 8 or 9. I started seeing a child psychologist but the problem was my home life so nothing he suggested worked because the shit happening at home continued.
I've had 3 nervous breakdowns, the last one being December of last year. I lost my job over it.
I had a good run after my daughter was born.. I was in my early 30's and had a few years of bliss. Then a lot of stressful occurrences that happened within months brought me back down.
Thing is, I'd never sought out any medications.. I was very apprehensive but finally gave in and started off with Lexapro. That was 3 years ago and it's done sweet fuck all, obviously. I started weaning off of that just yesterday.
The Mirtazapine will replace it and Lorazepam when needed. Also the Lyrica, of which I'm taking 300mgs split in 2 doses per day. I can't be an idiot with it anymore and gobble up 1000mg + per day anymore. I need to really get better and do things the right way. And for a pill happy addict, that's going to be hard but I just have to..

did he say that the Benzos/Pregabalin combo is generally safe?
The benzo/opiate combo is bad because one stops your breathing and the other makes you sleep. So the combo puts you into a coma and you don’t breathe at all.
Benzos and Pregablin both make you sleep, so they’re safe together. The one thing to look out for though is that high doses of Pregablin can cause vomiting. That is really bad if the benzos put you into a deep sleep on your back and you choke on your own vomit.

Same here. I distinctly remember my first panic attack.. I would have been about 8 or 9. I started seeing a child psychologist but the problem was my home life so nothing he suggested worked because the shit happening at home continued.
I've had 3 nervous breakdowns, the last one being December of last year. I lost my job over it.
I had a good run after my daughter was born.. I was in my early 30's and had a few years of bliss. Then a lot of stressful occurrences that happened within months brought me back down.
Thing is, I'd never sought out any medications.. I was very apprehensive but finally gave in and started off with Lexapro. That was 3 years ago and it's done sweet fuck all, obviously. I started weaning off of that just yesterday.
The Mirtazapine will replace it and Lorazepam when needed. Also the Lyrica, of which I'm taking 300mgs split in 2 doses per day. I can't be an idiot with it anymore and gobble up 1000mg + per day anymore. I need to really get better and do things the right way. And for a pill happy addict, that's going to be hard but I just have to..

I often take way more than 1000mg of Pregabalin and it still does nothing. I think the tolerance builds so fast and then it's permanent so Preg doesn't work any more

I've been on several SSRIs and they did nothing really except some unpleasant side effects. I think they're just placebos. Good luck and I hope things work out for you

I really started on it to sleep during oxy wd. But it gives me insomnia after even a couple days use. SO now I have been on it for a few months and I really need to get off of it, sooner than later.
I’m desperately scared of PAWS from Lyrica

thank you squeaky thats exactly what I wanted to know, if diazepam and pregabalin are safe together. I just came cold turkey of fentanyl haha. just saying If your will is strong enough everything is possible. if you anyone wants to know how i did it PM me

I feel like I could write so much and help everyone here but unfortunately i am not Binary btw nice to meet you guys ill be sticking around, i have 4 year medicine under my belt so if anyone has any questions feel free to hit me up.

edit I know panic attacks.

man I went on a lyrica binge for I don't know how long (maybe a coupla weeks). Started at 300 and ended at 900-1200 throughout the day.
What a freakin' comedown. Didn't realize what was going on until I snapped at my SO and I immediately knew something was off balance. Have some gabapentin and xanax but at 200mg gabapentin (at work) for the last three days. .5 xanax if needed but using it sparingly (2mg first day... .5mg every couple days at bedtime). Phenibut has helped but keeping usage at normal so I don't fuck that up. :)
Just saying love the effects but will be a while before I mess with it again. Got enough issues. LOL!
Maybe use it for a couple days next time and wait another few months.
FWIW
All stitched up ?
Damn. Sorry this happened.
A female I work with got beat up by the popo and was in jail yesterday. Poor thing was limping. She's a tough one....
I bear many scars from being "off-balance".
Haha
Hope you are feeling better... get anything for pain? ;)

thank you squeaky thats exactly what I wanted to know, if diazepam and pregabalin are safe together. I just came cold turkey of fentanyl haha. just saying If your will is strong enough everything is possible. if you anyone wants to know how i did it PM me
It's safe as long as your dosages are what you are tolerant to. I was prescribed temazepam and pregabalin daily for a couple few years and would always take 200-300mg of Lyrica at night along with my 15mg temazepam. I'd be careful if driving or just being out in public because the benzo will feel much stronger.

I have experience of withdrawing from gabapentin (the sister drug to pregablin). It was prescribed for neural pain that lasted about a year. The one day I mentioned to my doc that I thought it helped my anxiety too (which we all know because it is used for that). She reacted very badly and claimed I was abusing the gabapentin since it was prescribed for neural pain, yet I was saying it helped me with something else. Personally I thought we were "killing two birds with one stone" so was stunned by her reaction.

She drew up a "rapid taper" for me lasting about a week. We had a bit of an argument because I pointed out that at the early stages the reductions were like 10%, but towards they end they become 50%. She told me it wasn't addictive (!!!), and it was all in my head (where else would you expect anxiety to be?!).

I started the taper and it was awful. Within days I was a nervous wreck. I saw a different doctor and showed him her rapid taper plan. He asked why it had to be so fast? I said I had no idea. So we agreed to slow it down and do it over about a month rather than a week. His other advice was get used to each reduction before moving onto the next. If I wasn't ready for the next cut then I should plateau for a few days and then make the cut. The rule seemed to be that a plateau is fine, but never take your dose back up (which I understand). In the end it took 5 weeks and was fine.

My take home message is that a taper is not a race. The prize is finishing it, not the speed at which you do it. I hope my experience maybe helps someone else.

Wow that sucks. Doctors are so afraid of people abusing their medications that you mention it helps your anxiety in addition to your pain (ie, it's working fantastically) and they remove you from the drug entirely, thus removing both benefits? Makes no sense. Euphoria is a listed side effect of gabapentin, and it is sometimes prescribed for anxiety relief.

Yes, slow bearable taper is the only way. Im down to 8mg lyrica and will jump off over weekend. Took me 10+ weeks but i was able to work and function somehow. I hope this way i will avoid paws.

8mg as a result of taper. Down from 300mg/day. Same benzo taper rule applies when you are badly hooked on it. This way i managed avoid wd's and remain functional. Easy to get below 50mg and then had to hold for a bit after each cut. I read enough stories that people jumped off at 50 or 25mg and suffered paws for long enough time. Nothing wrong with slower taper, like nothing wrong with tapering phenibut, baclofen, benzos, antidepressants etc.

6 days off. Feeling better with each day. Bit spaced out and slight brain fog but no anxiety, no big depression, no tremors or shakes. Remember how i failed with fast taper. Strongly recommending slow taper to very low dose.