• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

300 mg made me manic, so I tried opening the cap and taking about 1/8th. Same manic feeling again. I am bi polar though so maybe it doesn't sit well with that

Hi, im newbie here. 39y/o male with no drugs abuse history.

Read some successful stories regarding withdrawing benzos with pregabalin (Valium +Kpin) so why not give it a try? Well soon i found that this was a huge mistake.

Been on it only 3 weeks (20days now), started from 75x2 and 2 more weeks with 150x2. Somehow i ve not been feeling right on it so i thought it was right to say bye pregabalin (made mu dumb and zombie). But 0.75mg Kpin reduced. So Monday i decided to take only 75mg for 4-5 days and quit. Oh yeah, morning 75mg (then benzo) only lasted like till afternoon when anxiety + hear racing feeling with hot flashes hit me. So 75mg and gone. Sleep is gone too. So Tuesday same scenario 75mg in the morning and need to up 75 late afternoon. Now is Wednesday, i ve not taken any yet (2 days i was taking them like at 6 am) cos have a day off, no food, no sleep, feel crap, headache. But must be functional. I have no many (30) 75mg pills left so how long would it take to feel ok on 75mgx2? Or just try tough it out and take when WD's hit really bad?

I can order some more but it takes time. But - whats the point doing weeks tapper if i been only it 20 days?

Im in deep ....

if the WDs are that bad then you really should get medical help to help you taper. It's the only safe way. Good luck

Your wds will last anywhere from a day to a month. Everyone is different.
My advice is to order more so you dont run out. You already seem scared of the stuff so you arent likely to abuse it if you have extra.
Get on a 12 hour dose schedule. Once in the morning and once at night, but strictly at 12 hours.
Cut your dose by 50% once a week, but be prepared to take a bit extra for a day or two while you adjust to the new lower dose.
If if was me??-Starting at 150 mg x 2 per day, immediately switch to 150 mg in the morning and 150 mg in the evening for two or three days. Then 75 x 2 (am and pm)for a week. Then open the capsules to separate the powder into piles with a razor blade. Save the unused capsules to fill back up with powder for partial doses when not at home. Drop to 37 mg (1/2 capsule) x 2 per day for a week. Then 19 mg(1/4 capsule) x 2 per day for a week. If not ready yet, drop to 9 mg (1/8 capsule) x 2 per day for a week. Then 9 mg once per day for a week. Then zero.
It sounds crazy to be so militant and deliberate, but these drugs are meant to rewire your brain and your goal is to unfuck yourself while suffering as little as possible. If youre not up for this plan, then cold turkey will work but you will possibly suffer for a while and there is really no way to predict how long with pregablin-particularly while also wding from other drugs.

I forgot- the prescribed dosage reduction for Pregablin is drop 50mg daily every two weeks. My experience is with Pregablin you can drop 50% every week. The 50 mg route works good at 300mg but not so much at 75mg. 50% works well at all levels except that you have to open capsules and eat the dogshit powder inside.

Hi, thank you for your advices.

Yesterday i went back to my initial benzos dose (10mg valium and 1mg Kpin). I took 1mg Kpin in the evening when had mild wd's symptoms already (flashes, heart pounding) and when it was time for pregabalin. Nearly all symptoms went away (had 75mg preg at 11am). Im up since 7am today (mirtazapine helped with 7 hrs sleep), so far today i missed the morning dose of pregabalin and took 10mg valium at midday. Its not been too bad so far, spaced out a bit and nervous/anxiety and shaking. This lead me to think that i cut too much benzos whilst reduced pregs too rapidly. Waiting for symptoms to manifest and re-dose 1mg Kpin and try do not take pregabalin.

From one side - benzos wouldn't ease pregabalin WD's if i ve been taking them before and with pregab in my normal dose, am i right? So may be im not into deeper side with it yet?

So far its 26hrs since last 75mg dose. If im not wrong tolerance decreases too if not taken for too long in high doses. So i ll try test it with 1mg Kpin later when it gets too the bad point so maybe i will make a 48hrs run without any and 3 days with last 2x75mg. Is it the time where proper WD's would hit me?

Hope i can do it without upping benzos and not taking more pregabalin (im not going do it but im hoping if i have to get back on pregabalin 1x75mg will be enough to stop feel this crap). And then try skip a day, then two...

What do you think?

Right. Kpin did not much, im not going raise it so 32 hrs after last 75mg i re-dosed another 75mg. Feeling better but not best (could potentiated kpin too). Mirtazapine for sleep and hopefully i can do another 24+hrs without re-dosing. Im having a busy day tomorrow hopefully i don't have to find short way... my lady & kids already noticed my behaviour changed, low mood etc she doesnt know anything about my self-medication (had benzo initially pre-screbied for anxiety and taken ,,when needed" but it was miracle and never been above 1mg kpin and 10 valium, e.g. many weeks only on 10 valium).

Trying get off benzos created another problem. Oh dear, 39 y/o never took any drugs, sport, football, gym, active, never abused alco and last summer something went wrong with me - anxiety, depression insomnia or whatever. Quick private consultant, prescription for 20x 0.5 Kpin to be taken only when needed. Miracle. All problems gone. 1mg a day, sometimes just half. Tappered down to 5 mg valium once. It was hard with every cut so i thought - so many people did it without suffering this much.

Only to try of how i will react to the stuff, never thought it has so addictive potential, i quit benzos after a month for 2 weeks without any wd's but this evil hit me hard i think.

Sorry for a long story, feel like im fighting with life stressors on my own, added now some addictions i never had, no-one to speak to who would understand without labelling you ,,,smackehead".

I hope i can run few more days with 24hrs or more breaks on 75mg. I really do. Got go work Sunday night, not easy job need to be switched-on (no driving job). Read some positive stories that body may adjust within a week to a new dose even with a huge cut (14 days 300- 2 days 150- 2 days75) after a few days.

Just dont want it any longer and will stop even my worse enemy from trying it.

Thx for patience, need stay strong and keep rest of my family happy but its so frikkin hard

Benzos didn't help for me at all, made it even worse, opioids didnt help, at least buprenorphine, feel same shit eitherway no matter how much you take them. But alcohol and GHB were only once that helped, GHB was best one. I've learned from years of abusing pregabalin the shit out of it (up to 3g grams), worst case was 4 months daily 1,5g pregabalin dose, almsot as bad to quit as quitting opium or opp ops (seeds or pods), I've learned that now I can take max only 3 days pregabalin without getting WD's, but it seems it has lost it magic now, so I dont get that nice mixed feeling of GHB and opioids like first, so not goign to take them anymore. Don't fuck with this med, maybe worst WD there is.

What a feeling this morning. 6hrs sleep on mirtazapine and ,,i dont want live any longer" feeling. Not good when you got stay busy all day.

Had no choice, come out from bed and dosed 75mg. Guess what, no improvement. So after 2hrs another 75mg. Feel better but no motivation to go throughout the day. Never felt so low and destructed. So will try stay on this 150 and have couple beers later maybe. 20 days, if i told this my gp he would be laughing saying im joking. Need get more to tapper, cant afford spending 14 days bedridden.

What a feeling this morning. 6hrs sleep on mirtazapine and ,,i dont want live any longer" feeling. Not good when you got stay busy all day.

Had no choice, come out from bed and dosed 75mg. Guess what, no improvement. So after 2hrs another 75mg. Feel better but no motivation to go throughout the day. Never felt so low and destructed. So will try stay on this 150 and have couple beers later maybe. 20 days, if i told this my gp he would be laughing saying im joking. Need get more to tapper, cant afford spending 14 days bedridden.

stay strong and remember it will pass if you ride it out. Have you thought about telling your GP and getting help? There's no shame in it. Doctors are there to help, and believe me they've seen worse

So far im getting more pregab, 150mg and 300mg capsules but can break them and dissolve in water.

Any idea how to do it? If i break one 300mg capsule, use razor to split in half/quarters can i just simply dissolve it in warm water and drink?

If i go see gp he will put me on tapper plan or say - just tough it out. I ve got exams coming in May but somehow pregab was affecting my memory, even in a short-term time im taking it. Maybe i was cutting benzos to rapidly. Dont want to relapse to full dose 150-0-150, i managed going through 5 days rapid cutting so my plan is:

1 - week or bit more 150-0-75
2 - week or bit more on 75-0-75
3- week or bit more on 75-0-0
4 - week 35 the breaks between days.

I hope this works well, any thoughts? Frickin hell 20 days on 4 week tapper what a devil...

Just had 1 beer, what a magic relief (being on 150mg pregab which i barely feel). I ll drink one beer every 2hrs and take 14 days off work, then i will use benzo to keep alco withdrawals in bay.

(Joking but this one beer is better than anything. Only 3.8% but what a huge difference)

I dont understand this - i went originally to 150-0-75 and i dont feel much better. I feel when i dose it for 3 hrs but then sides or wd symptoms hitting me back again. This is 4th week im on it and im scared to f*ck. I must remain functional, earn money, be sharp. I read some dreadful stories and i think i ll might be 1 of them pretty soon --losing everything becsuse unability to work and function every day. Im an idiot and very dumb idiot - but i wasnt expecting that being only 3 weeks in low/moderate doses recommended by so many psychiatrists. Within 4 weeks i ruined my life...

Hi there, now we ve got Thursday. Managed going through past few days at work on 150-0-75. Felt slight improvement today (finally had some food etc.) so not looking backwards - another 75mg dropped. Tricky cos been on nights and switching to days and will be difficult to keep regular am/pm doses. Cant wait been on lower doses, feel like brain fog clearing up already but unfortunately no motivation/depression and anxiety. Well, i ll beat this f*ng poison. Kids feel im not myself trying avoid me and thats not fully blown wd's.

Trying stay strong.

Hi, down to 2x75mg. Dont take this stuff, my knee joints are hurting like i did marathon. My anger level is beyond the scale. But - my sight improved and i stopped shaking like mad. Progress.

Well, managed dropping down to 1x75, rough af but still managed to do 12hrs shift. Did not really feel great on 2x75mg but somehow 2 days on 1x75mg is bearable so far. Anxiety and depression is there continuously, do you think its worth staying on this dose until i feel better (if i can feel any better?)and slow down with tappering this poison? 75mg supposed to be pretty low dose. I need to start preparation for some tests in may. As 1-2 small bottles of beer 3.8% helped with previous tapper im not taking this route anymore, i dont think its great idea.

Its 15th day of tapper so far from 300mg/d down to 75mg. Will it get better on this dose in few days time? Splitting 75mg further (50mg/25mg/12.5mg) will result in less WD's at the end?
I appreciate any input.

I feel Im not able do it longer, thats it. I am honestly giving up. Over 3 weeks of feeling 'i want to die today' is too much. I ve got more pregs so im happily going back on it. Too much mental damage done already.

I been on rpegabs since 2012 max dose for fibromyagia and bipolar, my illlness has gotten worse over year.
If I MISS a dose of this med I feel shit and it used to last alll dat nnow ir ==now it lasta bout 8.
they refuse to go higher.. so added bloody baclofen.

Pregab is a really pleasurable drug - it has empathic effects with very mild disso effects but is good for music and munchies too but after a few of years use I am tiring of it. How long does it take to get tolerance down? I upped dose for a while and once it started stuck to once a month (date night sort of thing) but now even 2 or more months I don't get anything like what I once got or is it like MDMA where it just changes at some point and is just a shadow of it's former self?

I been on rpegabs since 2012 max dose for fibromyagia and bipolar, my illlness has gotten worse over year.
If I MISS a dose of this med I feel shit and it used to last alll dat nnow ir ==now it lasta bout 8.
they refuse to go higher.. so added bloody baclofen.

I heard that switching from lyrica to baclofen worked for some people and it was walk in the park tapering that. I wish i never touched the stuff but when doctor say...

I might use phenibut, baclofen, benzo - only to kick thjs stuff.

Pregab is a really pleasurable drug - it has empathic effects with very mild disso effects but is good for music and munchies too but after a few of years use I am tiring of it. How long does it take to get tolerance down? I upped dose for a while and once it started stuck to once a month (date night sort of thing) but now even 2 or more months I don't get anything like what I once got or is it like MDMA where it just changes at some point and is just a shadow of it's former self?

what are/were the doses you take?

I find tolerance increases rapidly with Pregabalin. I might do 1200mg one night, but the next I'd have to do at least 1500mg to feel anything. And I've gone higher than that with redosing, but often still felt nothing, so I guess the only way is to abstain for a few days at least before doing it again

when Preg works it's quite cool though. A bit like being drunk but without the hangover or bloated feelings

Last edited: