• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Ice Age - Four Corners Mon 20th

This is a very interesting discussion. Ayjay I have absorbed and agree with your good point about the extreme media portrayal of ice users and how this is detrimental to the genuine analysis, evaluation and treatment of societal and individual drug problems %)

Another interesting point with meth, i believe, is that IME people who get stuck right into it also find the need to abuse all the downers you can name as part and parcel of the ride. Pharmaceuticals, H, alcohol.... this then creates other substance abuse problems concurrent with the meth addiction. Because you get so damn wired you need something to get you 'slow', Like being on a vicious see saw.

There should be trials for a tapered dose withdrawl program. Anyone who is recovering from addiction should have every option and avenue of assistance available to them.

The harm from methylamphetamine is far greater than what is portrayed in the media.

They are not in Meth circles.

Once you are in the 'meth game', thats it !

What you encounter is kind of like a mini-society of mentally fucked people, although they may not seem fucked up, but their actions and words may influence their intended target to complete their objective. Ulterior motives? Over time their ulterior motives turn into much larger ones that may cause them self-harm or harm to others which ultimately destroys real societys...ie neighbourhoods. sporting clubs..splitting groups into several groups due to their actions and words influencing other peoples minds and actions for their own self gain. Causing conflict and resolving it.......making themselves look like the good person for "Show" purposes....i.e. Someone bitching about one person to you, then you speak to the other person and then influence them to bitch about them...then go and tell the other person what he said, twisting the story a little(like your head) and then telling both parties you are on their side!

Man and his big rock wins...and his big mouth that fuels the meth grape vine.

I can go on and on. But this is what Meth does.

Positive thing about Meth is that you know who your mates are. It just depends how strong you are to relise who is! =D

Did i say I love meth ?

KostoN said:
The harm from methylamphetamine is far greater than what is portrayed in the media.

They are not in Meth circles.

Once you are in the 'meth game', thats it !

What you encounter is kind of like a mini-society of mentally fucked people, although they may not seem fucked up, but their actions and words may influence their intended target to complete their objective. Ulterior motives? Over time their ulterior motives turn into much larger ones that may cause them self-harm or harm to others which ultimately destroys real societys...ie neighbourhoods. sporting clubs..splitting groups into several groups due to their actions and words influencing other peoples minds and actions for their own self gain. Causing conflict and resolving it.......making themselves look like the good person for "Show" purposes....i.e. Someone bitching about one person to you, then you speak to the other person and then influence them to bitch about them...then go and tell the other person what he said, twisting the story a little(like your head) and then telling both parties you are on their side!

Man and his big rock wins...and his big mouth that fuels the meth grape vine.

I can go on and on. But this is what Meth does.

Positive thing about Meth is that you know who your mates are. It just depends how strong you are to relise who is! =D

Did i say I love meth ?

Nahhhh....you're just being a paranoid meth-head. :)

drug - set - setting

KostoN your post is illuminating - you describe the intricate interaction of drug, subculture, and the individuals within that subculture quite poetically.

I would suggest that the stigmatisation of illicit drug use helps create these little pockets of people, isolated from the wider community and spinning off out of control.

As far as individuals within these subcultures being power trippers, selfish, destructive etc - this is not unique to meth use! When the shit hits the fan, a lot of people turn out to be not quite as nice as you first assumed - or just useless under pressure.

When we think about managing the harms due to drug use in our community - whether it be our own use, or our friends - we need to consider all of the above. We can acknowledge the pleasure that can be had from meth, and put in place mechanisms to reduce the negatives. %)

Interesting discussion, cheers for the insight Koston :)

KostoN said:
their actions and words may influence their intended target to complete their objective. Ulterior motives? Over time their ulterior motives turn into much larger ones that may cause them self-harm or harm to others which ultimately destroys real societys...ie neighbourhoods. sporting clubs..splitting groups into several groups due to their actions and words influencing other peoples minds and actions for their own self gain. Causing conflict and resolving it.......making themselves look like the good person for "Show" purposes....i.e. Someone bitching about one person to you, then you speak to the other person and then influence them to bitch about them...then go and tell the other person what he said, twisting the story a little(like your head) and then telling both parties you are on their side![/SIZE]

hey... sounds like regular old social interaction to me.

Fry-d- said:
Interesting discussion, cheers for the insight Koston :)

I tihnk we should make a meth forum, then make koston king of it :D

you know you've lost it when your up for three days and your house that filthy :)

Quite often we find ourselves in a room for 2-4 days indulging in Meth fuelled action! (weekends, usually fri and sat nights)

We are not addicts (yet) we can all stay off it for a few weeks. But it's all the same for me anyway If I wasn't on meth I'd be on speed anyways (no bastard flame me for my slang). We indulge in our drug of choice the same as others do!

ATM, I would say we are not addicted but I would say we are not far from it. I feel we have to take it easy very soon, although our house is always clean. Does that say we can keep going hard?

We always find ourselves in Deep and Meaningful discussions about Human Evolution and Technologcal advances we have encountered as humans and I feel that this is our addiction, these conversations that we find ourselves in!

I spose much like the 2 lunatics on 4 corners talkin about their drug indulged car chase through suburbia! Except ours is more so about our *subjects of life*.

SpecTBK=D

Special-T.B.K said:
We always find ourselves in Deep and Meaningful discussions about Human Evolution and Technologcal advances we have encountered as humans and I feel that this is our addiction, these conversations that we find ourselves in!

I can relate to this in days past. I guess this is why the 4 Corners report rubbed me up the wrong way - because in different circumstances (when you have a life left to live) ice/crystal is associated with prolonged and deepened friendships. (which may end up marred with drug-related bullshit as time goes on...)

Special-T.B.K - the key to knowing when to take it easier is to just try having a weekend off. See how you function the next week.

It's hard to wean yourself off those deep and meaningful connections facilitated by drugs (whichever are your favourites). One way to do it is to try having close conversations with people straight. Since most people can't keep up drugs every weekend for the rest of their lives, this is how you work out who your long-term friends are going to be. :)

Tronica said:
the key to knowing when to take it easier is to just try having a weekend off. See how you function the next week.

It's hard to wean yourself off those deep and meaningful connections facilitated by drugs. One way to do it is to try having close conversations with people straight. Since most people can't keep up drugs every weekend for the rest of their lives, this is how you work out who your long-term friends are going to be. :)

We do have those weekends as well. We do have those connections, I spose we just enjoy our weekends... Have been off it for 3 weeks in a row. I think this weekend may be a straight one but! We do have connections other than drugged out ones, which is great we dont need drugs to get to these levels it's just lots of fun when on the drugs!

SpecTBK=D

I dont understand you people who think these people are strange. I think they should be admired.Ok so most of you have jobs and have a computer but it is good to hear from drug users who aren;t at the same socio economic level that most of us are... ie middle class.
There weren;t far gone..... maybe they might seem odd to you but they seem like a lot of people i hang around sometimes. I don;t think they are far gone, i think they are living life the way they want to! I respect them for the fact that they are doing what they like doing and don;t give a shit about anyone else!

I hear what you are saying... but as for the word as *admired* I think that should be erased...

They are not living how they *want* to, no junkee lives how they *want*. No-one does for that matter!

I live everyday how I like and I couldn't give a sh!t as to what other people think... just because I'm not on 4 corners talking about my *ice addiction* should I not be admired?

SpecTBK=D

yeah maybe not admired...lol. but i totally respect them and honestly they look like intelligent interesting people.

Special-T.B.K said:
Quite often we find ourselves in a room for 2-4 days indulging in Meth fuelled action! (weekends, usually fri and sat nights)

We are not addicts (yet) we can all stay off it for a few weeks. But it's all the same for me anyway If I wasn't on meth I'd be on speed anyways (no bastard flame me for my slang). We indulge in our drug of choice the same as others do!

ATM, I would say we are not addicted but I would say we are not far from it. I feel we have to take it easy very soon, although our house is always clean. Does that say we can keep going hard?

I spose much like the 2 lunatics on 4 corners talkin about their drug indulged car chase through suburbia! Except ours is more so about our *subjects of life*.

SpecTBK=D

Ahhhhh....special, special, special. Where to start? Well the most obvious place I would think is in the beginning. About 4 months after joining Bluelight, you posted a very "holier than thou" thread which you had to edit in order to keep some semblance of peace between you and John Candy, where he blasted you for having the gall (or the balls) to come to a drug based message board and slam a whole lot of peoples drug of choice, namely, meth. Here is the link to it http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=181247

Hmmmm....how things change eh? Of course I am not going to attempt to belittle you or your feelings, that would be against all codes of respect for the learning and growing process. Suffice to say that we all have opinions on our own drug use and we all know our limits (not that most of us stick to those limits) and for you to say in this particular thread that you have a feeling that bad times may be ahead is to say that you are aware of your own desires and feelings, and this is a good thing. Far be it from me to tell you what to do with your own money, mind and body, especially if I have not traveled in your shoes or at least walked a similar path.

Now that you have indeed taken more steps than the average Joe does along the arduous climb into the anus of satan (which, even though the path was lined with gold on the way to the top, the bottom still awaits and where the gold stops the shit begins) I am sure that you have gained a less righteous fire and brimstone view on other peoples poisons and the lack of privilege any one of them has to tell a fellow junkie/stoner/alcho/tweaker just what they should and should not consume.

Sorry for rambling but it was a net argument which I felt very strongly about and I just wanted to congratulate you on seeing it all for what it is worth and to hope that you boot any habits you no longer want or need. Preaching is best done in a whisper, the people who need it will hear, encouragement however should be screamed from the mountains with the authority of a preacher and the knowledge that altruism is the greatest giver.

Anyhow, me=high now hence the arcane overtones.