• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The High Dose LSD Appreciation Thread!

on high doses I always get to a place where it's all me, my races of thoughts of what if EVERYTHING was just me, that I created my past, your apst, past written books, past events, present events present experience and futur possibilty, what if it was all me, that I am actualy justa lone entity who created all of this so I wouldnt be alone, so that I wouldnt be scared, and this all scares me, because it could so easily be true! but this is usaly when I make the mistake to smoek weed while on these doses. realy Im fine if I dont smoke weed, but the problem with LSd is that you dont realy know when your trip is over, like at the 5-6 hours mark you arnt realy out of this world tripping anymore so I figure (hmm, I should get soem sleep, let me get blazed first) then bam, hit by some weird feeling of impending doom. I once DESTROID a phone book, by writing in it to try to bring back the experience I was experiencing so I could remind my self just how real LSD can get.

edit, ph yeah, and something else I experience on high doses is this rainbow man, Iv never seen it in a real life visual, just in teh back of my mind, its just this figure made of rainbows dribling colors all over the place running at me like this big goofy thing trying to give me a hug, but what it doesntr ealise (or maybe it does) is that Im scared to death of it, yet it seems to want to confort me without thinking that maybe it's just too bizzar and it's infact its actions fo trying to confort me that is makking me scared. and mixing lsd with maoi's is the sure fire way to get un removable visuals of clear rainbow colored patterns. I remember once looking down at the bag of rue and thinking "damn I dont remembr there being a pattern on this bag) only to find out that teh bag was just clear. gahhh, Iv tripped way to hard, Im still inetrgrating experiences Iv had months ago.

Youkai said:
on high doses I always get to a place where it's all me, my races of thoughts of what if EVERYTHING was just me, that I created my past, your apst, past written books, past events, present events present experience and futur possibilty, what if it was all me, that I am actualy justa lone entity who created all of this so I wouldnt be alone, so that I wouldnt be scared, and this all scares me, because it could so easily be true!

That's the place that all psychedelics eventually take me (provided they're psychedelic enough). Personally I think it's true. We're all the same force of consciousness ("god", the universal consciousness, whatever you call it) experiencing itself in every possible different way, and the reason any of this physical illusion exists is because we (I, us) created it so that we would not be all alone in the utter nothingness of the void. Whenever I totally escape the illusion, all I'm left with is the void. The first time it happened I was utterly terrified (2C-E and piracetam).

Experiencing the void and the fact that you're all that really exists sure makes you appreciate the life you're dreaming right now. :)

It also brings into focus the cosmic joke: most people live their physical lives yearing for the concept of "heaven" after death, when in reality heaven is physical life, the escape from endless solitary nothingness.

Last edited:
^ Yes and no, and need to actually think about that a bit like Xorkoth!

*A little think later!*

You know how when LSD/DMT (whateva)_ gives you both the big picture and the minutest perspective of part of the same thing,(at the same time) well I think of it a bit like that , yes all connected but also able to be individual as well!

Last edited:
I'm at a point with LSD now that if I do take it, once or twice every year or two, it's a good 3-5 hit trip. The only way to go for me now.

stillbeing said:
wel i ate a few hits today

and what doesnt break you

makes you .
breaking your self is the entire point of high dose trips, as you can watch your self fade away and come back again new!

Just out of curiosity... What is everyones idea of a "high dose"? I understand that all acid will have different potency per hit, but how many typical hits (if there is such a thing) would you all consider to be a "high dose" trip?

I once ate 4 hits of some moderately potent cid, and it was pretty amazing! 8o I remember thinking to myself afterwards that I would not ever be able to even imagine what eating a ten-strip would be like!

So - what constitutes a high dose?

TransitEternal said:
Just out of curiosity... What is everyones idea of a "high dose"? I understand that all acid will have different potency per hit, but how many typical hits (if there is such a thing) would you all consider to be a "high dose" trip?

I once ate 4 hits of some moderately potent cid, and it was pretty amazing! 8o I remember thinking to myself afterwards that I would not ever be able to even imagine what eating a ten-strip would be like!

So - what constitutes a high dose?
7+ doses of good tabs. moderate would be 4-6 and low being 1-3.

^ I think we should really talk about weight, mentioning blotter/tabs/ladada numbers means jack shit, kinda like equating a joint with a set weight. To me a high dose is anything over about 250-300mcgs, and then it you get to superhigh etcetc. I don't think theres any use going above 1mg, receptor saturation and all. I can't remember the exact point of 'no return' though. My highest dose was about 600-700mcgs, and that was more then enough.

zophen said:
High dose LSD is bloody wonderful , all blissful feeling mind swamping spinning disconnected looping thoughts that link and turn and stuff everywhere things move so quickly then slow down a second deep thoughts deeper and down branching mental pathways opening into psychedelic inner sunshine !

Oh I love it so !

APPRECIATE THIS !

apreciate this or apreciate life. lsd is like life under a microscope all that "disconected looping thoughts" is what drives our reality, loving lsd that is disconecting you from your life is either a strugle or a triumph but either way youll never be satisfied without love in the first place, so i say apreciate love by living, acid is just as groovy as anything eles youll do out there.

willow11 said:
^ I think we should really talk about weight, mentioning blotter/tabs/ladada numbers means jack shit, kinda like equating a joint with a set weight. To me a high dose is anything over about 250-300mcgs, and then it you get to superhigh etcetc. I don't think theres any use going above 1mg, receptor saturation and all. I can't remember the exact point of 'no return' though. My highest dose was about 600-700mcgs, and that was more then enough.
anything over 250 would be high then.
but who realy knows how much is on a tab, so I just say ruffly how many good hits it takes.

I had my first really high dose a couple of weeks ago, 10tabs. I have to say it was way more enjoyable than the times I just ate one-three of the same product. It seems like the low body euphoria a low dose offers is just anxiety, and high doses have my head floating away and wobbling with a big smile.. with no motions to project myself out, sounds and my head did it themselves...like some little gnome is in my head pushing buttons and drum pads.

I did feel pretty burnt out from the experience, and like my brain was caught in a bunch of gears and stretched out producing abunch of gibberish.
<currently on the path of recovery to do it all over again%)

^Exactl, to me a low dose is completely reminescent of anxiety- nausea, musclural tension, weird-but-not-that weird thoughts, sweating. This is likel a result of adrenaline flight-or-fight response, which I think becomes submerged (for me anyhow) when I've had high doses, or the euphoria seems to eradicate it. A low dose of LSD is a bit like being stuck in revolving door, not quite anywhere.

Have you guys ever hit the gravity bong while on LSD ?
it is like taking almost double the doses, without wasting LSD.

Once i took 5 hits of some very potent blots, and then hit some high-grade weed out of the gravity bong. 5 minutes later i instantly got glued to the visuals attached to the floor.
it increases the visuals and peak tremendously.

Lately i have been finding ways to potentiate the potency of LSD.
Has anyone ever done LSD and ketamine? just a little bit of ketamine while on LSD inscreases the visuals and confusion GREATLY.

My two strongest trips were off 4 blotter and 6 blotter. I can't say they were super high doses but it was enough to leave a strong impact. More so than any other psychadelic I have taken. It has been several years since I have been able to take a large dose but I plan on taking ~600-800ug next time I trip. LSD made me feel like a megalomaniac, in a good way. I love having a brain saturated with LSD. There is a distinct taste I get in my mouth and the back of my head. It's like the taste of the universe. Hard to explain. My mind takes control of everything or maybe everything takes control of my mind. I get the ancient reptilian feel also and visuals manifest themselves as morphing images which I sometimes have control of.

I am convinced that I achieved ++++ the first time I took 4 hits of strong blotter. I was in a state of bliss and I imagine it is similar to what the sanayasis achieve through deep meditation. LSD feels strangely natural and healthy. I don't want to get into the dirty/clean acid debate but the clean potent lsd feels refreshing for the mind body and soul. Especially the soul :)

I'm still interested in research chemicals but I haven't to date found anything nearly as good as lsd and I don't think any chemist will discover a molecule more precious than lsd. Maybe it's just because lsd was the first psychadelic I took or maybe just because of the beauty of the light it showed me but it will always hold a special place in my heart. I can't wait to take it to the next level and eventually I would like to go to the point of no return or at least take a 1mg saturated dose. The circumstances under which it was discovered also contribute to its uniqueness. It was like a sign....maybe everyone should listen

willow11 said:
^Exactl, to me a low dose is completely reminescent of anxiety- nausea, musclural tension, weird-but-not-that weird thoughts, sweating. A low dose of LSD is a bit like being stuck in revolving door, not quite anywhere.
I couldn't agree more. Threshold "experiences" are annoyingly frustrating.
I can deal with "too much" but "too little" is difficult and useless.

I find it hard to understand this! Of the several occasions that I have done acid (1 blotter only), each time I had to work with the anxiety, panic and endless though loops - as if my brain has been spun to turbo charged mode. I don't neccesarily find that a bad thing, just something that I have to work with, even if it is difficult at first. Usually the sense of reward from having dealt with that is highly satisfying.

So what i am reading here is that on higher doses, say 3+ blotters, all of the above is replaced by sublime mental bliss? I always believed that any effects of the drug increases with dose, and that's why I have not even thought of attempting a high dose of acid in case all the anxiety, panic and though loops reel to unmanageable levels - in which case I would have to abort (and therefore waste) my trip by taking a handful of benzos!