European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The GHB/GBL Addiction & Withdrawal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i been taking it all in one dose a few hours after i get up.. i was tryin to take it a little later each day.. but i woke up alot earlier today than i did yesterday so that went out the window :) But nah that's a good idea.. i'll start that tomorrow :)

Is Kratom any good for the withdrawals? Supposed to help in some withdrawals from opiates at least.

^ Probably because it is an opiate ;)

It could help a little i guess but i don't like dihydrocodeine or codeine and havn't done any other opiates..

I know I haven't been around lately 'hello' to Treacle and SnrG yes I am on this thread again. I planned to do a w/d off GBL but I've been ordering valium from the same source for 7 years and it's closed off now, so I m really in sh*t as my nurse wants to see me with councillor for an extremely important visit. I have only got 14 zopiclone 7.5mg few boxes of propnolol 40mg and 2 dizepam 10mg and vit B. I can't get out of the house unaided for any help & the past 2 days eeking those meds out are not really helping, been using off and on month or so, but stepped doses to 1 & 1/4 mls 2 hourly straight thru pst 2 weeks. I'm panicking and trying to write this as I m not able to hold it together for very long. I don't have anyone to get me anything locally, just internet access. Thanks everyone if you would prefer to PM me that's fine I think it's enabled. I am really struggling, just so stupid over this 'so called' drug............
Just looking up baclofen but can't get a clear idea if you need a script from GP?

Last edited by a moderator:
^
I'm so sorry to hear that ruffchuck, I know it's not a great place to be. Really not sure about the baclofen, hopefully someone will come along soon with better advice.

do you have enough g in to taper? can you tell the nurse / doc and see if you can get some diazepam from them, I appreciate that's not likely, but may be worth asking, goiing through this type of withdrawal is bad news.

Much <3 let us know if possible how you are doing.

No Kate, I am afraid that it's totally out of the question to mention this and would be jeopardising my position in an already difficult situation. I just tried to taper yesterday, but it was hell even going an extra 15 mins and cutting down to 3/4's ml every 2gours 15. That was using propanolol 40 mg 4 hourly 4 max per day. At half past midnight I took 3.75 mg zopiclone, then 20 mins later the other half &.4) tablet is my normal dose but I have not been taking it due to using the GBL followed by 1/m GBL. I took a high strength vit B Complex (had taken another early eve) and then in desperation at 1.20am another 3.75 mg Zopiclone (3 in all) and another 1/2-3/4'mls of GBL (so approx 1 1/4 mls GBL in total and ml and slept for about 5-ish restless hours.
Today I have coped on the following: 6.45am propanolol 40mg - 2 cups calming tea
10.40 am 1 propanolol 3 tramadol more calming tea but getting to wall climbing level. so at 12.15 in the afternoon 2.5mg of valium,
2.45pm 1 propanolol (nutritional shake feeling nauseaous). 3.22pm another 2.5mg valium. 4.05 3 co-cod (high strength from GP)
I am really struggling I have NEVER not had valium before and the place I have used for ages had not been looking like it would not be available to re-order. I just know there are a lot of people here that understand chemicals and the brain more than me and wondered if the zopiclone would help or hinder? I have not been taking it whilst on GBL, but don't want to replace the liquid with similar in tablet form, my GP is prescribing this tho, and I found it will not work at high doses on it's own like when I tried to take it last night, as my tolerance has gone up with the use of the GBL. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it. I co not know if I can order phenibut or baclofen in the uk and I am not asking for sites as I think that is against the rules. I am meaning from a point of view if they are GP prescribed only or sold as a health food / vitamin. I get the imprression Baclofen isn't after looking at it. Anyway Kate thank you for your response. Sorry to go on I am getting manic and unsettled now <3 thanks for the response i guess it's just I have gone 18 hours with no GBL and so I want to know if I will be elongating the processs if I have any or even if the zopiclone will make it worse as it's a similar type of medication but in tablet form, I just want to get this out of the way as soon as possible really, so anyone who has knowledge please do tell me as I don't want to think I am helping myself but am actually hindering things and going backwards instead of forwards? I don't know how long this is going to last.......any ideas as no valium = no clue for me (well I just have 2 10 mg) some tramadol co codamol and 14 7.5 zopiclone all from GP. so any help (oh and vit b complex). ???

Last edited:
Yes I actually asked for advice on it in my previous post I am in the uk and not sure if you need a Dr Prescription for that, as I think you do with Baclofen. Anyone know? No links to sites tho thanks, I think it's against rules

Sorry, I must confess I didn't read it all since it's a little light on the punctuation and paragraphs.

Nope, it's a supplement which doesn't require any prescription. I've never seen it for sale offline though.

Hi, there. You can get phenibut from UK sites, normally next day. Baclofen is script only, so a pain to get. 18 hours off is enough to endure the rest. Your zopiclone tolerance hasn't gone up - it acts on the GABA-a receptor - G is GABA-b. You'll find stupid doses of benzos hardly help, as they aren't hitting the right receptor. Although, the zopiclone and benzos won't hinder things. Opiates will help, if you have more. Tramadol can cause seizures, and this risk will go up, during withdrawal from a GABA agent - so watch your doses. Tapering never worked for me, and it sounds like you're similar.

My first bit of advice would be to convert your GBL to GHB. The withdrawal is much easier.
Second is to get some phenibut. Use GHB for a few days, so you're ready for an easier withdrawal. Then, use phenibut. Start with 2-3 grammes. It takes a good two hours to kick in, so don't panic, when it does nothing. If you do this at night, you should get something resembling a night's sleep. Take another couple of grammes, after about six hours, if you still feel ropey. Benzos, booze and opiates will all work well, if you're stable on the phenibut. Don't just hammer the phenibut, or you'll end up somewhere way worse. Also, don't OD on downers! You want to taper and stop the phenibut, within 2-3 days. It's easy to swap addictions and end up on phenibut, at this stage. It will be short-lived and horrendous, afterwards. It downregulates receptors much faster than G.

I hope this helps. I've been there so many times, and I feel like my advice is sound. I've not had it for about 18 months, and I'm lucky I kicked it. I did it for my son, and my girlfriend. I'd have neither, if I hadn't. I know how G isolates you, but makes it feel alright. It's so fucking addictive. I wish I had other tips for avoiding it. I don't. It was my best friend and my worst enemy. It made me feel so alive, then it quickly ripped my life to shit. 24/7 use never leads anywhere good.

Sincere wishes on getting clean. PM me, if you want. I'll guide you as best I can.

Thanks Treacle but I am housebound at the moment so it's tough and my cookers broken hence tthe home visit scheduled but I'm trying to cancel that, i took a few 1/4's ml of gbl in combintion with 2 zop from 11pm-7am. I took the gbl at 8.30 yesterday to assist sleep-bothing then another at 3.am poss some at 5. 1 propanolol at midnight and 1 at 6.45. Wish I'd made it pst the 18 hour mark now as do feel I've acidentlly gone backwrds. I will hopefully pm you if tht's ok, it's just I'm a bit jittery at the mo. Thanks again! sorry my keyboards playing up

Last edited:
Please I have a dependandt moved in unexpectedly 24/7 and I need to get off this and hid w/d from him I only have 10 phenibut capsules he gave me trial so do I need scales and powde? I am really confused as been taking 1.5mls every 2 hours managed to streatch to 2 hours 10 but rattlin terrible used 1.5m and a and half zopiclomne of the 7.5mg variety to secure 3 hours sleep dosed on 1.5ml again and zopiclone again then another 3 hours later 1.5ml and 2 chlonodine now the three hours are up I need to try and go on those doeses again./ I don't know what powder to use I am worried if I can't get off this smoothly he will suspect something and move out which will ruin me as I have never had a prob with drugs pror to this and was halfway thru nasty diy detox when he turned up several days early. PLEASE help with a regime that is workable I can't change to ghb he is here all the time eoo and I need to interact with professional to reorganise my situation and I am a quivering mess. I CANNOT got to my GP the only thing I can say is that I am geting side effects off the zopiclone but I feel she won't buy these being round the clock..........so what can I do? I have to go I feel sicj andI need to dose this GBL not sure whetether to take the 2 chlonodone staggered over the next 2 hours what do you thinkl? Please rspond! It's so hard as it's impacting on my family and never has before. Thanks

I'm afraid all I can tell you is that Baclofen is available as a prescription in the UK by the trade name Lioresal.
It comes in either tablet or liquid form (I would like to draw your attention to this page as evidence to that).

You could get an over-the-phone consultation with your GP and get your prescription delivered to your house.

You also need to tell your GP about your addiction. They need to know these things so that they can help you, and any information you give to them is protected by law from anyone else seeing it unless you consent to them being able to.

I hope this was of some help and any use to you mate <3 Sounds like hell to go through GeeBee withdrawals :\

Firstly, the new guy isn't going to alarmed, if you're 'ill' for a few days. Don't worry about that. You'll look and feel like you've got the flu, so use it as an excuse. How much is in the capsules of phenibut? Once you start the phenibut, DON'T carry on with the G - at all. It will make things ten times worse.

Hey there EU discussion, I am Sydney Oz and have only recently in the last couple of years had access to GHB. Fuckin love it but have never done more than maybe 12 mls in a night with 3 ml per dose gear. This has only been on a fortnightly to monthly basis. I have yet to feel any negative effects except the queasy stomach and back pains sometimes. Fuckin great for sex, and less side effects for m than MDMA gives (so far anyways). Nice for coming down of meth/LSD too I find.

While it is very addictive mentally for me so far, I have not yet (touch wood) felt the same power of pull that meth, H, and even K has on me, however after reading some of this thread it seems it can get physically addictive with withdrawals.

One question, how much GHB to you have to use daily to build this kind of addiction? and are the withdrawls similar to H or Benzo w/d?

I did a quick google/erowid search but would like to get some views from BL's.

GHB withdrawal is not as bad as GBL withdrawals, but it's still bad. Heard some say that it's worse than H and benzos, some say it's worse than H, and some say they haven't had any withdrawals. I can tell you, it gets worse, every time. You'd need to be doing it 24/7, to really experience withdrawals. If you don't NEED it 24/7, then you're not yet in too deep. Smaller scale withdrawals are entirely possible, even from just a few doses a night. You'll know when you've got a problem, because you won't be able to sleep without it, and you'll feel like a bag of shit. If you're concerned, just stop for a day. If you feel fine, then you've not overdone it, yet. No one can tell you what dose will lead you down a dark path - it's for you to find out. Using it every other day is a much more sensible option, if you have concerns. When you find yourself saying 'ah, just another dose to sleep' - when you've already been doing it all day, you probably need to stop. It's very forgiving, the first few times. Nothing a valium and a beer won't fix. After that....well. I hope you don't find out. I now wish I could take it responsibly, instead of having a drink. I can't, so it comes nowhere near me. Don't ruin it. :)

I always look back on GBL with fond memories, but then I read this thread and it all comes screaming back at me. I never suffered GBL addiction persay, but after the first few doses GBL just stopped being enjoyable yet I continued to take it. Madness. At the end of last year I obtained 250ml of some (crap) GBL. I think it was rubbish because where as before it had always been quite a clean euphoric anxiolytic, this time it felt rather dirty.
When I used to use it for its anxiolytic properties I got a clean sense of calm and clarity over me. But with this new batch I didn't feel properly relaxed, like there was an edge to it that made it weird.

withdrawal

This is my first post -- I just stumbled on the thread by complete accident....

I love G -- though I know the factors which do not make it the "perfect" drug. For me, the downsides are clear -- unless you have nothing much to do in your life as far as significant responsibilities, its not going to work. I used GBL for an aggregate of 2 years (24/7) probably between 2003 and 2005 (inclusive, so 2 out of 3 years). There were times we (my roommate and I) would run out, and that always meant going without.

And my impression of G withdrawals are this: there is no greater panic-inducing feeling than getting off of G, BUT, the time for recovery is relatively short. Compared to what I have heard about people who get dependent on benzos (alprazolam/xanax or valium, etc) these drugs get far more integrated into your neurochemistry and some people have never felt the same again. For me, basically when I ran out of G, I would drink a great deal (and/or take benzos as I was lucky enough to have a prescription), and after getting through 2 days using EtOH and benzos, I would be OK. Usually during these two days, taking enough of either the benzos (which require a huge amount comparatively because your neurotransmitters are so out of whack) or EtOH I would end up passing out/sleeping.... as being awake was not going to cut it But then, by the third day, I was fine... maybe 1 mg of xanax 2x a day or a few drinks during the day... but all in all, better.

It wasn't simple.... and sure, I suffered a little anhedonia (inability to be happy), but that faded maybe a week later.

And of course, I missed it sorely -- but that was psychological, not physiological.

What I don't understand is why people here are going to such great lengths (in using various compounds and/or titrating off G, etc) in withdrawing. In my opinion, you cannot titrate off G.... as long as I had it, I used it... I might have cut down a bit if I had to go to work... but I never stopped. So, if it wasn't for the unavailability, i.e., if they had sold it at 7-11 stores.... I might still use it, but I probably would have lost my job and condo over the next 3 years.

As it has been said here, GBL has a lot steeper dose response than GHB... GBL is rocket fuel compared to GHB (and 1,4 butanediol was awful.... it worked, but I would end up puking at least once a week in some G blackout) so GHB, if it were tinkered with a bit more to allow it to have a much longer half-life in the body.... making it slower than normal GHB (which would be 25x slower than GBL), it might be able to be a suitable "euphoriant" (though until the Feds wise up, it won't be legal anytime soon). But I never had such fun as I did on G. But then, I only ordered the highest quality GBL from Europe through hushmail accounts, etc... so I was not getting garbage--- this was lab quality.

But bottom line, my input here is to suggest to others who want off of it.... 1) dump it out, 2) just try and drink or heaviliy medicate yourself for 2 days (3 days max), and most people should not suffer those continued panic/anxiety problems (of which I am all too familiar). After that, you might be a bit bored or depressed for a month, but not in some kind of hell.... and of course you will miss it... But after a few months, and you will forget about it.

P

Sure, you can buy it at any hardware shop - caustic soda.

NaOH from a hardware store is LYE. It is sodium hydroxide, but it is full of contaminants.... lead, mercury, and other shit. Stay away from it. I used to order it online from someplace... though its long gone. My suggestion is to find a school chemistry supply outlet store type of site... And order it from there. What you are ordering is 99.5% pure NaOH.... I would stick with GBL as opposed to converting it to GHB with hardware NaOH. You are putting heavy metals and some of the worst shit in your body otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.