Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The fish thread

nickyj said:
Where did you hear this? I find that a little unlikely :\

Yeh its sounds a bit full-on but you have to remember that the place is worth millions, and the last thing you need with public aquariums is for the media find out that your killing your stock through disease issues associated with poor source water, when it comes to public aquariums its better to overkill the filtering than find out later that your $10000+ leafy seadragons are dying because of parasite issues. As for my own aquariums, im a bit like the mechanic with the crappy car, i work all day with aquarium fish so the last thing i seem to have time for is maintaining aquariums at home, i just managed to kill all my goldfish! That said, will be attempting an aquarium set up similar to Armano's work some time in the next few days, mega expensive though 8o

^ Awesum! A crowned Betta!

I'll think you will find that 'she' is a 'he', but thats still cool right!?

Who do you reckon would win in a fight, your's or mine? Hehe. Fightey is pretty buffed at the moment.

:D

have you ever seen them fight?

Its particularly un glamourous thats for sure

They just rip each other fins to pieces

^ Hehe Sorry it was probably plainly obvious but I felt the need to point that out.

Yeah Eggman I have seen them fight... I had a what I thought was a female that turned out to be a short finned male and put it in with a nice bright blue male that had a HUGE bubble nest...

You're right, fins just started detaching and sinking to the bottom.

RIP Fishes

Klue said:
Has anyone heard of Flowerhorns?
4005flowerhorn.jpg

One of my old bosses was obsessed with them and used to breed them. They are a hybrid and aggressive as all fck. Pretty nice. This one in the pic is probably very very valuable. They are the chinese feng shui fish of the century or something. ;)

All this talk of aquariums makes me want to get back into it. I still have like 5 or 6 big tanks that are out of action atm. I have been keeping fish since I was like 10 years old.

Flowerhorn was huge here the past few years. Lotsa Chinese people say that it's good luck and sometimes the colours on the scale can predict the lottery numbers. Fucking Chinese...now the fad is dead.

Anyway, here's my fish, Bob.

bob.JPG

eggman88888 said:
Tis true. I am a member of the aquarium trust and have been on the so called 'behind the scenes' tour.

Putting your incoming water through a biofilter sounds fairly retarded but I guess they're just being anal. The filtration at ReefHQ here in Tville is a lot more simple yet still effective. They rely heavily on protein skimming and not a whole lot else.

[Edit] Any idea how big those UV's are? How many litres per hour they can handle? I'm assuming they'd have a few running in parallel?

^ im intending on going down to the aquarium for a function in October so I shall ask them then.

I am very intersted in going to this Townsville aquarium you speak of

How is it, could you compare it to Sydney?

I have also been to Underwater World in Mooloolaba if that so you can compare to that if you havent been to Sydney

^ I've been to Townsville but I didnt go to the Aquarium. :( BUT!!! All you need to do is go snorkelling out at Magnetic Island and OMG its AMAzING!

I remember seeing carpet sharks, a giant clam, morey eels and 8 billion types of coral and fish. Aquariums are good I agree but man when you have the barrier reef that close... So so so good.

P.S. Carful of stingers and sharks.

^ hmmmmm, thats why I prefer the safety that 60mm + acrylic provides

hahaha stingers.... WTF!!! 8o 8o 8o

Yeah man stingers like box jellyfish and bluebottles n stuff. And like that Irukandji jellyfish that swims up your urethra if you swim nude or arent wearing tightly clenched budgie smugglers.

Now that is worth 3 x 8o 8o 8o Smilie!

I wonder if they have coral in the Townsville aquarium... Nickyj? The coral is the amazing thing. Major fluro colours. None of that down Sydvegas way.

Edit: hahaha do you mean Stingers like that really bad water cop show. Hahaha That was funny and I didnt even mean it! hahaha

^ Yep, there is plenty of coral

Irukandji's swimming up your urethra? I'm not going to use one of these -> 8) because I'm pretty sure that you must be joking.

I haven't been to any public aquariums other than Reef HQ. And I've only been there because I get to go behind the scenes for free cos of work.

I'm getting my open water dive ticket in a few weeks. Can't wait to get amongst this stuff :D

Damm I wish I'd gone to that aquarium when I was up there on magnetic. It looks excellent.

Yeah I was joking about the Irukandji but there is a fish that is reputed to do that... Wiki is god

There was actually a small aquarium on Magnetic Island that you could feed thier white tipped reef sharks and rays.

ALRIGHT! I finally got fightey to eat his veggies!

It seems he like small pieces of thawed out, shelled and skinned, frozen peas!

He will grow up to be big and strong like his dad with hairs on his chest (like his dad)

yep, peas will do the trick

Gouramis generally love peas also

Awww My little boy is becoming a man. He is blowing his first bubble nest as we speak.

Must've been those veggies! Maybe its an instinctive thing where the presence of Mcains frozen veggies in the water triggers a mating response!

Hopefully all of the GM additives wont turn him into a betta-human hybrid

^ Nice, im assuming you dont reside in Oz then, arowana's being illegal and all to possess in australia without a very expensive permit ;)

he is from the land of fried rice

are these Arowana's related to Saratoga's at least, they look very similiar