The Existential Pain of Being Young, White, and Affluent

its funny how i look at this topic after reading about the tragedy of eva rausing the tetra pak fortune heiress. She died in a filth strewn room and who's body lay undiscovered for 2 months in a mansion were her also drug addict husband lived she grew up with her father been a pepsi big wig.The tragedy really is thou that drug addiction effects rich and poor and im not rich and grew up with a oxycontin habit so there you go.

I found this article very thought provoking. It really struck a chord with me,. Helpded me take a big step forwards in my counselling today.

I have worked for everything I have today but I dont have much sense of achievment, or value for anything. Things that impress my family but I just shrug them off. I think all this is tied in with unrealistic expectations, so nothing is ever going to measure up unless that attitude changes.

mydrugbuddy;11462244 said:
I found this article very thought provoking. It really struck a chord with me,. Helpded me take a big step forwards in my counselling today.

I have worked for everything I have today but I dont have much sense of achievment, or value for anything. Things that impress my family but I just shrug them off. I think all this is tied in with unrealistic expectations, so nothing is ever going to measure up unless that attitude changes.
This is one of the best posts ive read, in this thread so far.
That Evans story has moved someone closer to trying for a positive change is the highest aspiration for any cautionary tale, i think.
Ive been in the situation of finding little or no reward in lifes achievements. I would say that for me, it was like living in a 'grey world'. While other peoples seemed to be full of colour. The trick for me to help myself was a long and difficult 'rewiring' of my brain, to teach myself to find joy in small things and unexpected places and then, slowly, the world gained 'colour' again.
Now, im still disfunctional but in a much better way.

Utahrd;11452631 said:
"robo tripping" if thats not a filthy, cheap worthless ghetto-ass drug I don't know what is. oh, and sorry.

Why do people hate on DXM so much? I understand, back when TOTSE was around, kids ruined the "BLTC" forum with a flood of threads about it. But, it's supposedly stronger than Ketamine... the dissociative drugs being big brother PCP, then DXM, then Ketamine, then Nitrous... I understand that chugging 'Tussin is a little ghetto... but there are some good gel-capsules of pure DXM available OTC now; or a brand at one of the box stores with 20mg of DXM per pill with some Guaifenesin unfortunately, but a super cheap price. It's a NMDA antagonist, so low, non-recreational daily dosing makes it a neuro-protectant and combats tolerance. Why the hate people, really? I know familiarity breeds contempt, but people don't talk trash about people who like alcohol, nicotine, or caffeine....

I'm a testament to this. Nothing racist about what i'm about to say, but the things I did in the past that are things related to making money using the grey market was not available to people in the ghetto in the late 90's and early 2000's. I still ended up doing things I swore I would never do down the line after wasting all my money on partying and hurting my health. I'm sure you can all guess what that is am I am drinking my bottle of orange juice mixed with methadone.

el sigh

webbykevin;11432022 said:

He's from New York, i'm not even american and I view 9/11 as the point in my life, I was 19 and had a great future ahead and when that happened just 500 miles south of me (canadian, real close to NY in fact...), I viewed it as a message to my generation as a "No, you will not have the chance your dad and mom and had, this foolish thing that too many people believe about infinite expansion, which doesn't exist, is except maybe for the universe itself;and that's still up to debate,is being realized and unfolded during the time you are alive on this planet. The greedy has won the material world, now the rest of us are slaves in a dystopia, starting now." Then I went why me ? I always thought I was born a little too late anyway.

Say I'm wrong, especially how the whole debate about that event being manufactured is basically over, it is, the truth has been leaked so badly the manufactured mainstream 911 truther bullshit could only be effective for so long. "in ten years or so, we'll leak the truth..." (Dead Kennedys - I Am The Owl 1982). I like how most of my favourite music is extremely negative about the future and is from the early 80's like this, Reagan was just the beginning of the downfall of america, 9/11, of the western world.

And so I picked up the needle and shoved dilaudid into my veins sometimes in my mom's money paid for college apartment sometimes in 2008...

Some posts discussing prices were removed. Probably best to keep prices out of the repartee.

greywoodfoxhall;11432829 said:
What really matters is this... Evan is making it harder and harder for people who need pain medication to get it. Yes, as I know about bio-availability, I don't take my medication per os (by mouth) as morphones have a horrible oral bio-availability this way. But, I do not divert or sell my medication. Evan and his dealer (or whoever originally is prescribed the pills Evan bought... unless they're robbing pharmacies, which even this is an issue, as I can only get my meds at one pharmacy in town as pharmacists are afraid to stock Sch. II meds now) are just feeding the DEA more and more reasons why a LAW-ENFORCEMENT ADMINISTRATION should be able to tell MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS how to treat their patients. Thanks to pill diversion, and the reformulation of Opana, I had to stop taking the ER version as if I ate it, it screwed my stomach up, and even though I could defeat the gel matrix, I knew filling my arm with plastic was a horrible idea. I don't care if you're rich or poor... if you're buying/selling prescription medication you are ruining things for the rest of us. Honestly, it's not that hard to get a prescription (or it wasn't)... Just go to the f'ing doctor and work your way up to what you want. Then, you're legal, saving money, and not adding strength to the DEA's argument that doctors who prescribe opiates/opiods are the equivalent of Columbian Drug Lords. Don't sell your pills, make sure you have them in the original bottle if you leave the house with them, and don't travel with your paraphernalia and pills at the same time unless absolutely necessary (and keep them as far apart as possible if you do need to). Just my two cents. Everyone has turned this into "screw rich people" when we should be saying, "Screw the author for adding fuel to the fire."

You could say that Evan, if you were to view his addiction as an illness, needs the medication just as much as you do for your own ailment. The DEA is not fuelled by addicts and dealers - they are all part of the same system.

So, Rx painkillers are going to be only a treat for the rich white folks now... The DEA has placed a limit on the amount of controlled substances manufacturers can produce a year now. The wholesalers know that it's entirely possible that pharmaceutical companies will "run out" of certain medications and be unable to produce more. I had my pain appointment last Wednesday, and my usual pharmacy only had 15 pills (I get 45 a month). They told me they could fill my script and give me the 15, but I'd lose the other 30. Luckily, my pain clinic is downstairs from the pharmacy... the doctor split my script into one for 15 pills and one for 30 pills, I sprinted back upstairs, and am good for 4 and a half more days now... The price of the 45 pills jumped from $210 to $270 too. Bullshit. Here in Nashville, I could get $40-$50 for ONE of my Oxymorphone 10mg pills. Fuck selling them though. I'm not contributing to the 'problem' that the DEA is using as an excuse to keep people like me that need Rx pills to function from getting our medicine. Check out the whole story on my blog... My friend Joel did a write-up on the situation for me.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/entries/6599-The-Evil-DEA

greywoodfoxhall;11507720 said:
The price of the 45 pills jumped from $210 to $270 too. Bullshit. Here in Nashville, I could get $40-$50 for ONE of my Oxymorphone 10mg pills. [/url]

Fuck me, that's bizarre, here in Australia I get oxy prescribed for back pain, 28 pills are 7 bucks lol, I used to get pure codeine 30's, 100 of them was under 10 bucks, wtf is wrong in the usa ? you guys are getting screwed.

webbykevin;11509059 said:
Fuck me, that's bizarre, here in Australia I get oxy prescribed for back pain, 28 pills are 7 bucks lol, I used to get pure codeine 30's, 100 of them was under 10 bucks, wtf is wrong in the usa ? you guys are getting screwed.

Do you get Oxymorphone or Oxycodone? Big difference.