The Dutch Electronic Thread

It's impressive how the music changed over such relatively short time.. I myself like more the current styles (this is opposite of other music genres) more, somehow I don't really 'get' old school stuff yet but I thought the same when I heard the first Frenchcore tracks. Might require some drugs, stuff I listened to while on MXE and meth continues to be euphoric while sober for a while. Unfortunately currently not available to me, the drugs.

Last edited:
It's impressive how the music changed over such relatively short time.. I myself like more the current styles (this is opposite of other music genres) more, somehow I don't really 'get' old school stuff yet but I thought the same when I heard the first Frenchcore tracks. Might require some drugs, stuff I listened to while on MXE and meth continues to be euphoric while sober for a while. Unfortunately currently not available to me, the drugs.

I can appreciate things like frenchcore, but i grew up with oldskool, IT Will always be special to me...

Robert monomon instant coffee

This is actually music that dominates the core party scene, cores are often illegal drugs parties of which you get the coördinates to the location, where the sound system is located in big trucks, if the police Comes everyone runs away and the trucks get moving, after a short while later the same night you get a new text with the new coördinates to the new location and there the party goes on, parties like this usually go on several days and nights Non stop...

Frenchcore party

Here a short video at a typical dutch rave, this gives you a good image of a big part of the rave culture over here, this particular party scene is known for serious speed abuse, agression and violence to which even cops are helpless, cop cars get trashed while the cops can do nothing else than watch, a while ago they found a skinhead in the bathroom in the morning beat to death with his own Nike Air Max, stuff like that captures the vibe of this type of rave culture over here...

Oh I love the track from the second link - many Frenchcore and Hardstyle tracks' videos consist of recordings from parties and give a nice impression! So far I've missed that, only been to a few goa's when I was younger and had the chance to go with other's, was nice but not 100% my music. I'm not the guy to go alone into crowds, at least not sober. In other times I had bad social anxiety and was afraid of feeling alone in crowds. Didn't know about the aggression though, thought the association with skinheads were mostly from the past and kinda said because it gives the cops and public reasons for to keep stuff illegal- I get the music is pretty 'hard but I'm the opposite of aggressive usually. Well, as long as they don't beat strangers.. which I associate more with alcohol than with speed/ecstasy/etc.. in fact on the first goa I was, some drunken asshole meant to tell me how weird I'd dance etc.. this wasn't so nice with me on the first 20mg d-amphetamine of my life (yeah I'm quite sensitive to stims, and it was pharm grade). Now I'm 34 and feel too old for adolescent stuff like parties (? maybe a preconception ? most of the people seem to be quite young at least). And I'm pretty far away oif the NL, stuck in a difficult situation.. can't even get RCs here because the customs are so stupid and ignorant about the discrimination between legal and illegal, for and not for human consumption.

South America has some nice events too but this is more difficult (expensive, etc) as just taking a bus to the NL.. :|

I love core mixed with metal or other styles like folk.

One which still triggers euphoria after I first listened to it while on DCK

Last edited:
Oh I love the track from the second link - many Frenchcore and Hardstyle tracks' videos consist of recordings from parties and give a nice impression! So far I've missed that, only been to a few goa's when I was younger and had the chance to go with other's, was nice but not 100% my music. I'm not the guy to go alone into crowds, at least not sober. In other times I had bad social anxiety and was afraid of feeling alone in crowds. Didn't know about the aggression though, thought the association with skinheads were mostly from the past, I get the music is pretty 'hard but I'm the opposite of aggressive usually. Well, as long as they don't beat strangers.. which I associate more with alcohol than with speed/ecstasy/etc.. in fact on the first goa I was, some drunken asshole meant to tell me how weird I'd dance etc.. this wasn't so nice with me on the first 20mg d-amphetamine of my life (yeah I'm quite sensitive to stims, and it was pharm grade). Now I'm 34 and feel too old for adolescent stuff like parties (? maybe a preconception ? most of the people seem to be quite young at least). And I'm pretty far away oif the NL, stuck in a difficult situation.. can't even get RCs here because the customs are so stupid and ignorant about the discrimination between legal and illegal, for and not for human consumption.

I love core mixed with metal or other styles like folk.

One which still triggers euphoria after I first listened to it while on DCK

Ah im glad you enjoyed the link, i.dont.think that there are many other ppl that are so well known in frenchcore as Dr peacock,.for dutch ppl anyway ...

Yes the agression is mostly from the old days indeed, if you didn't wear Nike Air Max at a rave you ended up in the hospital, these days i see skinheads at raves, but just as well ppl with dreads,...

I dont like partying that much anymore, i dont feel at home in such a Young crowd...

I do feel like with the gabber skinheads of the 90s there was a huge correlation between amps and agression... But i myself mostly hang around in the underground techno scene where even more drugs were abused and over there IT was all love and peace... Tho a big difference was that xtc was the main drug for techno and for hardcore IT was speed, of course this are Just generalisations...

Nice links...

Yes amp can be really intense, i would hate IT if anyone said something like that to me,.i wouldnt feel comfortable dancing anymore for the rest of the night...

Some scientists say that a lot of ppl that listen To agressive music, are less agressive by nature, but of course such music, the primitive drum of the monotone beat that pounds faster than your Heartbeat and many other things also make IT to be music that brings about An agressive vibe imo, i like that vibe as i find catharsis in IT...

I always loved being in such crowds, i felt like the entire thing could produce intense experiences in me...

But i also dont have the stamina i had back then and i dont really find my cup of tea in the music scene today...

Plus drugs were WAy better back then lol

I also can appreciate doomcore BTW, but its been a while since i was really engaging in this music, i wouldnt really know anything special i would like you to.hear.right.away, but do you know doomcore? The beats are not as good as frenchcore but IT has a darker vibe which i like...

i.dont.think that there are many other ppl that are so well known in frenchcore as Dr peacock,.for dutch ppl anyway ...
Well videos from him usually get 1+ million hits, while other lesser known but similarly skilled artists sometimes barely get a few thousands.. Afaik the difference might be that Peacock, Sefa & co play on big legal events while others just get remixed.. Idk really. I personally only knew about trance & goa until somebody I knew online recommended me frenchcore and after the first "ug, what's that for skewed beats" I fell in love with it. Some tracks have huge earworm potential even.

i dont feel at home in such a Young crowd...

But i also dont have the stamina i had back then
Wondered about whether the video makers would selectively film young people or if really the crowds are so young.

But same here, four years of prescription opioids/opiates and negligence of the future due to depression fucked my physical shape and stamina. As a you adult I could dance a complete night through without exercising much while now even just a few stairs would have me out of breath. Now I know that testosterone has other tasks than make one feel like an alpha, lol.. Sometimes I catch myself still thinking I was at age of 20 or so.. and then feel quite sad when I realize how long ago this was. I look a bit younger apparently but at some point people have to accept that time can't be reversed.. In other times it was social anxiety which kept me away from going out, now I realize how ridiculously selfish social anxiety is but I still get it from times to times.

Tho a big difference was that xtc was the main drug for techno and for hardcore IT was speed, of course this are Just generalisations...
Might well be the reason. On one event where I was (Swiss Sacred Mushroom Church, lol they tried to get around the ban by creating a religion) my path crossed with somebody on cocaine and he was quite much a stimmed up asshole. People warned me about that, didn't know much about drugs back then, and I stood away from that guy but I could easily imagine him beating somebody up. I don't get aggressive at all from stims, if anything then MORE self control, not less, but it of course depends on your genetic and personality. Also perception I guess, as many people are taking what I'd consider overdoses, it is just physical fight-or-flight reaction getting out of control with me which kept me below certain amounts but I guess if you tolerate it better it's easy to overshoot the chilly dosage range.
When coming down without dissociatives involved I get a period of irritability where I wouldn't feel comfortable in a crowd, and as you say insults can be quite frightening even on amphetamine..

I always loved being in such crowds, i felt like the entire thing could produce intense experiences in me...
I wonder whether there's some threshold telepathy going on, when many people's brains are synchronized. I know this is paranormal guesswork but I had enough such coincidences like me being on a disso and the person I was with but unaware getting hints of the same feelings, and there's the 100st ape effect, have you heard about that?

Plus drugs were WAy better back then lol
I was sticking to selected RCs for a longer time, because of both illegality as well as cut shit going around, it's crazy that even 40-60% of USA meth contains fentanyl nowadays..
But some RCs are even better, specially the x-AP(D)Ps vs. ecstasy avoid a certain metabolic effect which prolongs the time for serotonin to replenish. Or MXE was just golden. Sad that it's gone. Same that I can't get my drugs here, it's like having lost a good friend... :/

Some scientists say that a lot of ppl that listen To agressive music, are less agressive by nature, but of course such music, the primitive drum of the monotone beat that pounds faster than your Heartbeat and many other things also make IT to be music that brings about An agressive vibe imo, i like that vibe as i find catharsis in IT...
Interesting, I read the same about FPS video games, that for most people there is possibly even decreased aggression from playing them while some fragile minds get the opposite. The first times I listened to frenchcore, my heartbeat accelerated for sure but the effect was transient, it's gone by now,

I also can appreciate doomcore BTW, but its been a while since i was really engaging in this music, i wouldnt really know anything special i would like you to.hear.right.away, but do you know doomcore? The beats are not as good as frenchcore but IT has a darker vibe which i like...
Never heard of doomcore yet, will check it out! Only know nightcore besides french and metalcore lol but never really understand how high-pitching could make an entire genre. Do you know where the naming 'core' comes from? The different genres specially metal, speedcore etc. don't have much in common imo..

Last edited:
Oh, doomcore. Won't become my favourite music but I like it, like the low tempo/doom metal influenced variant of uptempo!

Well videos from him usually get 1+ million hits, while other lesser known but similarly skilled artists sometimes barely get a few thousands.. Afaik the difference might be that Peacock, Sefa & co play on big legal events while others just get remixed.. Idk really. I personally only knew about trance & goa until somebody I knew online recommended me frenchcore and after the first "ug, what's that for skewed beats" I fell in love with it. Some tracks have huge earworm potential even.

Wondered about whether the video makers would selectively film young people or if really the crowds are so young.

But same here, four years of prescription opioids/opiates and negligence of the future due to depression fucked my physical shape and stamina. Now I know that testosterone has other tasks than make one feel like an alpha, lol.. Sometimes I catch myself still thinking I was at age of 20 or so.. and then feel quite sad when I realize how long ago this was. I look a bit younger apparently but at some point people have to accept that time can't be reversed.. In other times it was social anxiety which kept me away from going out, now I realize how ridiculously selfish social anxiety is but I still get it from times to times.

Might well be the reason. On event where I was (Swiss Sacred Mushroom Church, lol they tried to get around the ban by creating a religion) my path crossed with somebody on cocaine and he was quite much a stimmed up asshole. People warned me about that, I didn't know much about drugs back then, and I stood away from that guy but I could easily imagination him beating somebody up. I don't get aggressive at all from stims, if anything then MORE self control, not less, but it of course depends on your genetic and personality. Also perception I guess, as many people are taking what I'd consider overdoses, it is just physical fight-or-flight reaction getting out of control with me which kept me below certain amounts but I guess if you tolerate it better it's easy to overshoot the chilly dosage range.
When coming down without dissociatives involved I get a period of irritability where I wouldn't feel comfortable in a crowd, and as you say insults can be quite frightening even on amphetamine..

I wonder whether there's some threshold telepathy going on, when many people's brains are synchronized. I know this is paranormal guesswork but I had enough such coincidences like me being on a disso and the person I was with but unaware getting hints of the same feelings, and there's the 100st ape effect, have you heard about that?

I was sticking to selected RCs for a longer time, because of both illegality as well as cut shit going around, it's crazy that even 40-60% of USA meth contains fentanyl nowadays..
But some RCs are even better, specially the x-AP(D)Ps vs. ecstasy avoid a certain metabolic effect which prolongs the time for serotonin to replenish. Or MXE was just golden. Sad that it's gone. Same that I can't get my drugs here, it's like having lost a good friend... :/

Interesting, I read the same about FPS video games, that for most people there is possibly even decreased aggression from playing them while some fragile minds get the opposite. The first times I listened to frenchcore, my heartbeat accelerated for sure but the effect was transient, it's gone by now,

Never heard of doomcore yet, will check it out! Only know nightcore besides french and metalcore lol but never really understand how high-pitching could make an entire genre. Do you know where the naming 'core' comes from? The different genres specially metal, speedcore etc. don't have much in common imo..

Guess you already know that but it's good.. from the corona times, no party pics this time though.

Yes Dr peacock does some more commercial things...

Yes the crowds are really very Young, tho a lot of.oldskool ravers from my generation regularly try to do such a party now.and then...

I feel much the same way, i really trashed myself, i Also look Older than i AM BTW, i miss every aspect of being Young very intensely...

Yes coke is An ego drug, i know many ppl that Just were not really likeable anymore once they did coke, and emotionally speaking i find coke to be a very cold drug in a way...

I suffer irritability on stim comedowns...

Never did so much dissociatives, T was not really what i was looking for in drugs...

I also feel like there is probably something else going on with crowds, one thing i always feared about crowds was the very easy way things such as mass hysteria could suddenly kick in,.stuff like that...

I never really was into rc's until only Just recently i got interested in opioid rc's, om definetly going to explore that and i know im going to start with o dsmt,.tho in not a big fan of Tramadol,.from what i learned from my research o dsmt WOuld have Greater recreational value, be more potent and be much more a typical analgesic, which all sounds really good to me...

I dont know.what i would do without at leAst.some drugs that apeal to me, i can EAsily Imagine this to be a big loss...

Im not really sure where core exactly comes.from but i imagine IT could be possible everything simply started with hardcore and when later these sub genres popped into existence they Just used the core from hardcore as a gêneral element to create some Unity between these genres, but this is nothing more than speculation ...

Yes im not even sure to exactly what degree i like doomcore, but i remember IT at least had something to IT...

Yes Dr peacock does some more commercial things...
Have to admit that I sometimes like the more commercial tracks as well, like hardstyle stuff etc, but the really good tracks need some time for me to like them but then the love would remain while commercial stuff usually is one-shot and becomes annoying after a short while.
Read recently that Peacock was played on NL FM radio and people get annoyed by how many people knew about these genres. Think it was a Vice youtube documentary. Also heard that people were annoyed by the association of techno music with drugs, but the artists themselves release tracks like The Story of DMT, LSD problem, World of the Dreams (this is an interesting one, they put dark structures into the video which remind me so much of what I saw on ketamine.

Yes the crowds are really very Young, tho a lot of.oldskool ravers from my generation regularly try to do such a party now.and then...
On one of the bigger events I was with Eve & Rave (a harm reduction scene organization) the folks were more of 25-40 and one of the other volunteers was attracted to a dreadhead in his 45+ years, it was annoying lol because I had good conversations with her before and then she left to dance the complete two days with this dude but this was some other genre of electronica, also so many years ago that I forgot much about. Would like to continue with this, it's an interesting way to get into touch with people, to work on events, but back then I'd overestimated my knowledge about drugs and probably didn't leave the best impression. And here in MX now I still have to learn enough Spanish, also don't know if I'll stay here. The stopping of legal goods is a no-go for me and I'm in a difficult relationship, quite isolated because most people here don't speak English, I foolishly extrapolated from the EU where most younger people speak at least some English and thought the neighbor of the states couldn't be worse..

Yes coke is An ego drug, i know many ppl that Just were not really likeable anymore once they did coke, and emotionally speaking i find coke to be a very cold drug in a way...
I've only did some coke out of interest when I was offered some for cheap, there were vast differences between these samples. Some were cold and speedy, others warm and chilled, and from what I read real coke is more of the latter but still of course an ego drug. The warmer samples were nice, made me more outgoing and 'in the moment' - as do amphetamines but these alone without mix-use can be cold and manic sometimes. Coke is probably better tolerated by people who aren't the biggest assholes already I guess and I'm speaking of low dosages. Interesting how the same drugs affect different people differently. My shrink asked me if I did coke before and how I reacted to it during the ADHD assessment lol. This was at an addiction treatment facility though, and they described me methylphenidate then. Wasn't as good but very nice mixed with DXM.

What I miss most are dissociatives, but these need a big amount of care not to overshoot the relatively tiny dose area which lies between pro-social, slight alcohol-without-intoxication like effects and the cognitive shutdown, pre-hole dosage ranges. MXE was great. DCK as well but it was possibly too disinhibiting. Once I was dancing just on DCK, was great because I lost my social fears completely and got sucked up into the experience, dancing for hours just stopping to re-dose but the comedown when the party finished was rough. Suddenly I realized that I was just spending all the time alone in a big synthetic euphoria and had nobody loved to go to. Was relatively shortly after my first gf of 9 years kicked me out.

If K is the only disso you've tried, it might be worth to give a MXE derivate a shot. They are much less cold and clinical, but also very addicting to these susceptible to.

I also feel like there is probably something else going on with crowds, one thing i always feared about crowds was the very easy way things such as mass hysteria could suddenly kick in,.stuff like that...
Yeah, mass hysteria is a weird phenomenon, I more feared of that on normal concerts where the crowd would stand so near together that there wasn't even space to dance, people are more drunken etc but the parties where I was usually the people left each other more space. Wasn't it the Love Parade in Germany though where some years ago a mass hysteria happened and some people died? They had only one exit and police did their own part of fueling panic.

I never really was into rc's until only Just recently i got interested in opioid rc's, om definetly going to explore that and i know im going to start with o dsmt
I like that RCs are legal and don't involve bloodshed like most illegal drugs besides marijuana do. Also that they tend to be cheap (used to, these gangsters begin to exploit their market nowadays with MXE analogues costing 3-4x what MXE itself did). I dream of a fully legal market, like some plants or truffles in the Netherlands, where they can even give you dosage aids and other relevant information, which you can't when it's needed to be sold as not for human consumption. But that won't happen anytime soon.. Also that countries like MX here allow you to import e.g. kava kava as food but RCs even when not for consumption require some weird special papers which one can't get.

How's it about the ban of RCs in NL they wanted to press through last year?

I never really was into rc's until only Just recently i got interested in opioid rc's, om definetly going to explore that and i know im going to start with o dsmt,.tho in not a big fan of Tramadol,.from what i learned from my research o dsmt WOuld have Greater recreational value, be more potent and be much more a typical analgesic, which all sounds really good to me...
Bromadol/BDPC was great. The best opioid I've tried so far, very warm and organic (as opposite to cold, clinical) but it's vanished from the market and was around fent potency so one needs to trust the vendors.

OT, one more bootleg. Oh these videos made me crave euphoria.. :|