Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The DMT discussion thread

PsiloSubNaut

Bluelight Crew
After several questions in regards to DMT (N,N-dimethyltryptamine) in the LSD Discussion Thread (Australian Centric) I posted the main part of this as a reply...

After plenty of feed back in regards to the post I have decided to make it into it's own thread so we can have some discussion on this topic and keep the LSD discussion thread on topic

I have tried to give a good run down on DMT ranging from the forms that you are most likely to come across, right up to some handy hints for it's use.

Amongst myself and close friends, DMT is sacred and holds a special place in all our hearts.

Many people seem very interested in this tryptamine but have little exposure and information to help guide them with it's use.

Dimethyltryptamine or N,N-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) is a naturally-occurring tryptamine and psychedelic drug, found not only in many plants, but also in trace amounts in the human body where its natural function is undetermined. Structurally, it is analogous to the neurotransmitter serotonin (5-HT) and other psychedelic tryptamines such as 5-MeO-DMT, bufotenin (5-OH-DMT), and psilocin (4-OH-DMT). DMT is created in small amounts by the human body during normal metabolism[1] by the enzyme tryptamine-N-methyltransferase. Many cultures, indigenous and modern, ingest DMT as a psychedelic in extracted or synthesized forms. Pure DMT at room temperature is a clear or white to yellowish-red crystalline solid. A laboratory synthesis of DMT was first reported in 1931, and it was later found in many plants.
Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimethyltryptamine

Firstly, you will have either crystal DMT to vaporize or changa. The latter is DMT infused carrier such as caapi, passion flower, blue lotus, syrian rue and many others. Personally, I like a mix of caapi leaf/vine, syrian rue (crushed seed), passion flower and a hint of vanilla essence. Any smokeable herb will do but some are less harsh than others so experiment if you are making your own chang mix to find one that you like best.

A good starting dose is 20mg (pure crystal DMT), if you are sensitive to DMiTri this can be quite visual but wont blow your socks too far across the room. If you aren't sensitive it could be slightly visual or absolutely no reaction will be felt. Best to start low and work your way up

If it's chang, start with half a cone MAX. There are weak and strong chang's out there and unless you made it, there is no easy way to tell how strong it is without smoking it. I like to make chang 50/50 DMT to carrier and so do a lot of other elves. Half a cone of such chang could be wingdingedey for a noob ;)

Remember, you can ALWAYS have more, you are playing with a relatively safe, yet extremely powerful and short acting tryptamine

If half a cone gives you strong visuals, up the dose by another 50%, you're nearly there

If it was barely noticeable, doubling the amount probably wont hurt but be prepared to be hit 100 fold from twice as much. Trust me on that one, I learned it the hard way and don't want you to.

Purity is a big factor if vaporizing through glassware. Most street DMT is rushed in the extraction process and it contains some alkaloids other than DMT or at worst, dirty impurities from the extraction process.

Generally speaking, darker coloured DMT is more impure and the lighter coloured crystal is purer. Light yellow to clear (white) is what you are after, orange (light orange isn't too bad for chang but still isn't the same as purer crystal) to red in colour should be avoided.

Your wasting your time trying to vaporize impure crsytal as it doesn't melt well and tends to run away from the heat source. Also, impurities mean less DMT for said amount eg. 80% pure crystal at 20mg is really only 16mg DMT. If you do get crystal that is pure enough to vape well, i recommend using a good butane torch to get it vaped as quick as possible, this way you can get it all in one breath instead of multiple breaths, which isn't as efficient.

There are some shocking extract's out there. Be careful buying it or extract your own from non-endangered DMT containing acacia species

I have seen people froth at the mouth from using impure DMT in chang, fuck knows what exactly causes it but stay away as I have only seen this with crude crystal. It also tends to give a dirty earth shattering come up and less of a clear high

Here is a good tek if you are interested in doing your own extraction. It also contains information you need to know about making changa.
http://wiki.dmt-nexus.com/w/images/e/eb/Lextek_v1.pdf
Do not use endangered acacia's for DMT extraction's, there are plenty of pest species you can use
Keep in mind that once you start an extraction, the legal ramifications can be substantial

So...... Now you have your DMT or chang and it's time to smoke/vape. Follow these few guidelines.

Let's assume you're smoking chang through a bong.

Sit in a comfortable chair, DMT will incapacitate your ass so don't try to be a super hero and stand up for your hit (super hero's fall the hardest when it comes to psychs)

Have a clean bong, clean water and stoked like a chimney sweeper on meth

Have a friend who will be your sitter, ready to take the bong from your hands as soon as you have cleared the chamber. It is not uncommon to go straight "there" and drop the bong on yourself whilst under the influence and no one likes smelly bong water on them.

Get as much heat on the cone as possible, pull it nice and slow to ensure you vaporize all of the the available DMT into the smoke.

After clearing the chamber, hold the smoke in for a few seconds to absorb the DMT. This isn't free diving, a few seconds will suffice. Do not inhale and exhale straight away, as, you will only get a fraction of the DMT contained in the smoke.

At this 'start of come up' stage, your sitter friend should say something along the lines of "accept all, you are safe, everything is OK, I am here for you". This will either help comfort you as you come up or not be necessary. Having someone say this may even annoy you but, it's best they do say it either way, in case it was needed to help guide you at the start.

The come up is almost instantaneous, depending on the chang mixture it can have a slight delay but usually you will be hit by visuals as you exhale the smoke and within 3-15 seconds you will have full blown effects.

The main part of the trip lasts from 3-15 minutes depending on dosage. By 'main part' I mean tripping balls like never before. Entities/being's can visit you during this stage of the trip but most commonly you will be bombarded with amazingly colourful geometric patterns and many people report the mind state to be quite clear even though all this is going on.

I commonly have contact with a 'godess' entity that communicates with me through a language that I have never known/been taught but I fully understand in the DMT realm and also the 'machine elves of hyper space' who are usually multiple critters who run around the room, fixing things, downloading stuff from me or just doing general acrobatic quirky shit 8o

Sometimes I smoke DMT and end up in a state of 'nothingness' where everything is just black and I am in complete bliss for many minutes which actually feel longer with the time dilation.

Other times I travel into geometric rooms with colourful 4D shapes and patterns all around

Anyway........ after the main part of the experience ends, you come out of it and will have 'mushroom like' visuals for a few minutes, sometimes lasting up to the 30 minute mark but most commonly the entire thing is over within 15-20 minutes. The reason for the visual similarities is because Psilocin and DMT are both from the tryptamine family of drugs. Some people refer to mushrooms as orally active DMT because of the visual similarities on high doses of mushrooms.

DMT and psilocin are quite different beasts pharmacologically speaking, although structurally they are very similar. It's that 5-OH group that changes everything. Psilocin is a partial agonist at 5HT2A receptors, and a full agonist at 5HT1a and 2c. DMT is has a strong affinity for 5HT2a, and less for 5HT2c (if memory serves) but I don't think it binds to 5HT1a. DMT is also a full agonist at 5HT2a, and it is a far more potent substance. It also works on sigma opioid receptors and like many phenethylamines and catecholamines, large amounts activate trace amine associated receptors (thanks P_D)

Always smoke DMT on a relatively empty stomach as purging is not entirely uncommon. It could pay to have a bucket ready just in case. If you do spew, it will only be one little purge and then you will be fine, this will not lead to a bad trip but spewing on yourself just plain 'aint fun =D

I think that just about covers the main aspects although I did not touch on oral administrations of DMT.

Respect all psychs and they will respect you

Hope that helps you guys

Certainly wish I had such info when I started

There is no such thing as a dumb question...

PLUR :)

Last edited:
Good work psilo definitely need this. im pressuming that posting some safe tek for the extraction would be inappropriate?

I was tripping at a duff and i was offered a DMT laced cigerette. Now i didnt get a full experience like crystals but it massively altered the visuals that i was getting. Im wondering whether youve heard of this being common. Now according to the guy that gave it to me he roll up some ground bark like materiel that he brought from a online entheogen. Just speculating but i think it was probably DMT embedded by solvent into whatever the smoking base was. If someone knows about it please report as it was a bit of a trip treat.

Good work psilo definitely need this. im pressuming that posting some safe tek for the extraction would be inappropriate?

I was tripping at a duff and i was offered a DMT laced cigerette. Now i didnt get a full experience like crystals but it massively altered the visuals that i was getting. Im wondering whether youve heard of this being common. Now according to the guy that gave it to me he roll up some ground bark like materiel that he brought from a online entheogen. Just speculating but i think it was probably DMT embedded by solvent into whatever the smoking base was. If someone knows about it please report as it was a bit of a trip treat.

HR related extraction methods would be welcome

I make "chang scoobs" for the D floor at doofs, I wouldn't say this is a common practice but DMT isn't a common drug either.

Great for enhancing music appreciation and visual aspects without blowing you off your feet

That said, you do see people dancing and smoking chang bongs at some doofs %)

^Sometimes chang scoobs can drop somewhat (un)suspecting doofers to the ground, immersing them in fractal-elf circus land for a few minutes. Bongs....imo are best left for the tent or somewhere quiet and less hectic than the dfloor. But full power no shower to those who can huff one and boogey, my bushmans hat with feathers attached goes off to them.

DMT joints=nice and social, while still getting a chance to visit octopus-land for a bit.

That said, you do see people dancing and smoking chang bongs at some doofs %)

Haha speak for yourself! I've had dmt with lsd before, and is everything and more than what everyone claims it to be. Was wondering though how effective it is in combo with other tryptamines. For example if someone was to smoke chang in the midst of a mushroom trip. Any recommended first time doses for that combo would be much appreciated to.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Sometimes chang scoobs can drop somewhat (un)suspecting doofers to the ground, immersing them in fractal-elf circus land for a few minutes. Bongs....imo are best left for the tent or somewhere quiet and less hectic than the dfloor. But full power no shower to those who can huff one and boogey, my bushmans hat with feathers attached goes off to them.

DMT joints=nice and social, while still getting a chance to visit octopus-land for a bit.

That was one hell of a dooby we shared at said doof and i'm certain that the ketamine lead up had something to do with said floor time ;)

And people say they don't like Monday's......

:)

Haha speak for yourself! I've had dmt with lsd before, and is everything and more than what everyone claims it to be. Was wondering though how effective it is in combo with other triptamines. For example if someone was to smoke chang in the midst of a mushroom trip. Any recommended first time doses for that combo would be much appreciated to.

I didn't mention it was in combo with anything but yes, it does get done with LSD

Combining DMT with any psych, especially psilocin is epic

It's use at the end of the trip is best and I use it to help download and integrate what I have learned from the trip.

Very experienced trippers will get shaken up by combining DMT on the peak of any drug, I have had some technicolour out of this world experiences whilst standing up after smoking chang on LSD at a doof

Ever danced with 1000 totem poles? :\

Use it by itself until you are very familiar with the DMT realm, even then, many people never combo it

Last edited:
That was one hell of a dooby we shared at said doof and i'm certain that the ketamine lead up had something to do with said floor time ;)

And people say they don't like Monday's......

:)

And the 2cb+MDMA afterglow and that delicious red we were (sac)religiously drinking straight from the bottle. =D;)%)

what's the best way to smoke dmt crystals without vaping it, would packing a cone of weed/blue lotus etc and sprinkling it on top work? also would the same method apply for joints?

Awesome Thread Psilo, just curious about this:

Get as much heat on the cone as possible

I have always used as little heat as possible for DMT/Changa as it vaporises at a very low temperature and I don't want to waste any of the goods. I use the hot flame for Sally.

<3 Changa.

I feel sorry for all the stupid kids in the US that think their legal Salvia is magical. Salvia is utter crap.

I once read an analogy that compared Salvia and DMT; Salvia is a murky puddle of muddy water, DMT is an deep, vast, beautiful ocean teaming with life.

Goa-Make a sandwhich. Layer of lotus, layer of your crystal, then another layer of lotus on top. That way the crystal vapes from the heat of the lotus burning on top. As for joints, try and roll it so your carrier forms a cylinder around the crystal.

Last edited:
I soak both carrier and DMT in acetone and let it evaporate off for perfect distribution of DMT through the carrier

If you cannot do this i recommend a mortar and pestle to grind them together

Simply putting the DMT in layers in a joint or on a cone tends to waste material

I used to layer it and the first time I used the mortar and pestle I saw what I had been missing out on, fuck it hit me for 6 in comparison to the old method

100% ethyl alcohol and also iso propyl alcohol work good for soaking

Awesome Thread Psilo, just curious about this:

I have always used as little heat as possible for DMT/Changa as it vaporises at a very low temperature and I don't want to waste any of the goods. I use the hot flame for Sally.

By that I mean not to take the flame away as I see so many 'soft-core' stoners do halfway through a cone

I soak both carrier and DMT in acetone and let it evaporate off for perfect distribution of DMT through the carrier

If you cannot do this i recommend a mortar and pestle to grind them together

Simply putting the DMT in layers in a joint or on a cone tends to waste material

I used to layer it and the first time I used the mortar and pestle I saw what I had been missing out on, fuck it hit me for 6 in comparison to the old method

100% ethyl alcohol and also iso propyl alcohol work good for soaking

I stand corrected. :)

<3 Changa.

I feel sorry for all the stupid kids in the US that think their legal Salvia is magical. Salvia is utter crap.

I once read an analogy that compared Salvia and DMT; Salvia is a murky puddle of muddy water, DMT is an deep, vast, beautiful ocean teaming with life.

Salvia Divinoroum is the female spirited psychedelic sage.

I really dislike it, just feels really rough in it's effects.

Yes, it makes you fucking trip balls but it lacks the clarity of DMT

Girls seem to enjoy it a lot more than guys from my experience

All it has done for me is give me a severe burning sensation and turn my world into a 2D strangely fucked up place

I have made chang with about 30% straight Sally D leaf (no salvinoran A extract) and enjoyed the smoke blend

Would probably never have sally straight again but some mates swear by it (mainly girls hence the female spirit)

i wonder if i can get some DMT in arizona....

You are after Mimosa Hostillus Root Bark (MHRB)

It is a great north American source for DMT

The tek is extremely simple to do, MHRB contains a decent % of DMT and gives great clean crystals with ease