• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Volumetric Liquid Measurement thread

Blowmonkey, I know of that thread, of course, but the thing is there was a link in the Best of PD page for an actual "Liquid Measurement Thread." And when I recently clicked it I realized it was a dead link. I think what happened was, at one point, threads got merged.

At any rate, as djfriendly said, this is more of a noob-friendly thread, hopefully.

trip.more said:
75% distilled water and 25% everclear.

Perfecto! That's exactly what I use as well. Enough to disrupt potential bacterial growth, but not enough to have the alcohol affect you when you take the drug.

For those chemicals with which it might be better, or only dissolve in, ethanol, a higher concentration can sometimes be used. For example, 10mgs per milliliter using a .5mil syringe to separate. Obviously a more precise (smaller) syringe is essential. This of course only works if your chemical is soluble at that concentration. If it isn't simply add more ethanol in known amounts until it dissolves.

Just for the record, yesterday I dissolved 500mg of 2C-E into 25ml of Ethanol/dH20.

It took a bit of effort (10 minutes stirring) for everything to dissolve, but eventually it all did.

I like to advise that you wait at least 2 hours from the time you dissolve the material to when you first dose it out. I know that it doesn't take nearly that long to fully dissolve, but its better to be safe than sorry.

canaana said:
Just for the record, yesterday I dissolved 500mg of 2C-E into 25ml of Ethanol/dH20.

It took a bit of effort (10 minutes stirring) for everything to dissolve, but eventually it all did.

I've done that with just dh20.. It did take awhile to dissolve, there were little clumps here and there. I just sealed it up and held it under a faucet with hot water coming out, within a couple min it was all dissolved. But just to be sure, I placed it on a candle warmer for about 30 min.

Originally posted by Xorkoth
"Actually, a compound can be used sublingually if it's dissolved in water. It can even be used sublingually if you pour the powder into your mouth and swish it around mixed with your saliva. But putting it in alcohol does increase absorbtion in this way."

What I mean't, Xorkoth, was that some chems like 4-ho-dipt taste so foul, that it is not at all a good thing to hold them in your mouth(though still possible) If i am using a chem that is not in solution( mainly 5-meo-dmt), I also use a few hundred milligrams(300-750) of GABA(not sure of the pharmacoligical effect of the combo with the GABA, as it is very minor in effect on its own, and acts on a different receptor. If you know of any interaction, I would appreciate you letting me know) to mask the terrible indole flavor.

canaana said:

Just so that someone says it, allow me to point out that this is probably not the safest thing to do. Right now you might have 20mg per mL, but if ever any of the solution evaporates, that concentration will start creeping upward. Not only that, but if you are ever slightly off about measuring, like your graduated cylinder is at a slight angle when you are reading it, you could take one hellacious, unexpected dose.

So, please, people, especially noobs, PLEASE don't make your concentrations this strong. There is really not much of a point to it, anyway. I'm not condemning anyone for doing so, I'm simply saying, this is borderline dangerous.

In my experience sweetbreath vials stay completely sealed to prevent evaporation over long periods of time, but they only hold 3.7ml. As would many different scientific vials with greater capacity available for purchase.

20mgs per ml sounds high. Much too high to be using a graduated cylinder. Pipets, although accurate, are a little difficult not to spill, and spilling expensive chemical solutions is not fun.

If a person could be sure they have prevented evaporation, a .5ml syringe would provide the precision to dose with confidence a 10mg per ml solution. Even if you were off by a full tenth of the syringe, it would only be .5 of a mg. In my experience, I'd estimate my accuracy to within +-.2mg when using this method.

Of course, using a larger volume of water and a small syringe would be even more accurate, although slightly tedious.

If the method of measurement is brought in line with the concentration, AND evaperation has been prevented I don't believe there is much added danger (as long as the chemical does not fall out of solution).

If you don't have good reason to make your concentration high than make it low like the standard 1mg per ml. I use a 3ml horse needle and a small mason jar at that concentration. I had a good reason to use a high concentration, otherwise I use 1mg/ml.

Guys, need your help!
I have a small amount of liquid LSD and I need to divide it in parts, at least 200 mcg each part. Amount of liquid is very small and it's hard to make such a thing.
Need your advice!

tnx!

[Don't incriminate yourself please!]

Last edited by a moderator:
Is 2c-e water soluble? I've tried searching the Big and Dandy 2c-e thread but got a headache trying to find (which I didn't).

Would 100mg of water to 100ml of 2c-e work? If not, would alcohol such as 50-75% (Vodka) work in the same ratio, as opposed to something as Everclear (95% )?

2C-E is quite water soluble. I've read of people getting 20mg/mL or even more into solution. Personally I've put it into solution at 1mg/mL with great ease. I would add a small amount of alcohol to the solution though, like 80mL of distilled water and 20mL of pure ethanol, or to reduce the amount of alcohol, you could put 100mg into 50mL of solution to get 2mg/mL. The alcohol is beneficial because it will prevent the formation of bacteria and fungi.

^Thank you Xorkoth, wasn't expecting a response so quick. Would any kind of drinkable alcohol work, cause as far as I know Everclear isn't legal in California, and I don't want drive over to Nevada.

Would Vodka, 75%, or even 50% work?

Thanks Fryingsquirrel, I wasn't sure if something like Vodka would work.

Hey guys.

Dissolving chemicals into ml measures is all well and good but what's the best way off cutting out pissing around with syringes?

I personally prefer drops but have had explained to me that not all drops are the same size and a chemical can alter the viscosity of a drop, causing it to become bigger or smaller.

How much of an issue would you say this was?

I've been dissolving DOC into DMSO so 1mg is 1 drop and it has worked well, and also put some bromo dragonfly into vodka so 1 drop was 100ug (starting with 30mg).

Here's the thing, which I explained on the bromo dragonfly thread.

My mg scales might not be totally accurate but lets say they are within 10%. So that's 27 or 33mg that went into 300 counted drops of vodka (using a standard 10ml brown dropper bottle from a chemist. That's going to make each drop 90-110ug depending on which extreme.

Now suppose the solution changes such that it becomes more viscous (so you'd expect drops to become bigger) or less viscous (smaller)...I can't imagine this changing the total amount of drops by more than another 10%.

So the maximum would be 121ug, minimum 79ug. Less than 50ug difference. We can also assume a normal distribution so the extreme outcomes are rarer, and the bromo dragonfly I have seems to work best (for me) around the 300ug mark, so I'm taking about 3 drops...you'd expect it to average out the more drops you took.

Does this make any sense or am i talking nonsense. Obviously this assumes the substance has dissolved totally and there are no lumpy bits, which would equate to an overdose.

No one has replied yet so before they do just thought I'd correct myself...

The mg scale error is normally distributed across different bottles but will be constant for any single bottle.

And the viscosity error should remain constant for the same mixture of solvent and chemical.

So this means that it's actually even more constant that I thought - once you've gauged how much to take there shouldn't be too much variance.

thoughts?