• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Trip Abortion Thread

Aborting a LSD trip

I heard Milk and sugar, and Vitamin B work to abort a trip. I wanted to see if anyone else agrees on this, cause I don't really want to buy Valium or Zanny. My Bf and I are tripping it's his first time and I want to make sure all my angles are covered.

don't let him know i told you this, but... placebo is a VERY powerful anti-anxiety drug. if he starts to flip his shit, just speak calmly and reassuringly to him that the "anti-anxiety pill" you give him will have him feeling better in ten minutes. just give him a multi-V or ibuprofen (also helps if he's feeling some strange physical hallucinations or pain) and have him slowly count down from 100 with you. just don't let him get the idea that it will "kill" the trip, just lift his mood so he can ride the wave with you.

milk is good if he enjoys it (and a cookie with it is great too) but don't go overboard because nobody likes to puke milk.

soothing music also goes a very long way to keep someone calm.

I heard Milk and sugar, and Vitamin B work to abort a trip.
Nope. If you don't want benzos, then maybe opiates? Or if you're not trying to touch those either, then maybe 5-HTP could work to mellow it out (remember to supplement it with green tea, green tea extract, or some other dopa decarboxylase inhibitor to boost its effectiveness). Or, like the dude above me said, placebo can actually be pretty powerful, especially when tripping, but that'll only work with your boyfriend and not you since you would already know that it isn't really helping.
I'd avoid trying to abort the trip unless it's gone so bad there's no other way of turning back. Turning a bad trip around into a good trip all by yourself is amazingly mindblowing.

Benzo's are really the best way to go in my opinion, and personally for me ketamine after that (although this doesn't reduce the trip/visuals, in fact it increases it for me, although it thoroughly relaxes/sedates me so I can enjoy the trip more)

I've heard of sugar being used to calm down an ecstasy/MDMA buzz and this may actually work since it has helped me before. Also I've heard many people say that sugar lowers a K high aswell.

It could be that the sweetness of sugar can sooth you mentally to calm you down, milk also has sugars in it and could be considered a comforting beverage, however maybe orange juice would be better over milk's creamyness.

Just remember...

while you can "abort" a bad trip, you will not make the trip entirely go away (just the fun parts normally, the spun part stays). Also, you will be repressing things for later unless it's just due to a bad environment/time.

Niacinamide works it's Niacin but without the horrible flushing.

I did try taking Niacinamide on a low dose trip just to see if it would abort and it did.

Benzos like Valium and Xanax work but I have never used those.

If you go into a trip wanting to abort it or think that you're going to have to you should not be tripping on acid in the first place.

Benzo's are really the best way to go in my opinion, and personally for me ketamine after that (although this doesn't reduce the trip/visuals, in fact it increases it for me, although it thoroughly relaxes/sedates me so I can enjoy the trip more)

I do not recommend giving someone ketamine if they are having a bad trip for their first time on LSD, this would intensify it greatly most likely.

If worst comes to worse get some valium or xynax to help knock him out and weaken the effects.

You cannot abort an LSD trip. Best thing you can do is dull it. Alcohol works wonders if you can stomach it, and its more readily available than benzos or opiates. And another thing, if you go in worried that you will freak out, chances are better that you will. Go in thinking you will have an amazing, life changing experience with a person you love, and guess what, it will most likely come true.

Last edited:
I think having benzos on hand might not be a bad idea, if not just for piece of mind. I always have some on hand but rarely ever take any. Usually, the thought of benzos on psychedelics makes me cringe... unless, of course, I really need to sleep!

If he is freaked out now that mindset is going to most likley end up with not having a good trip. Pre-anxiety IMO is worse then Anxiety in the trip just my opinon though.

Like a couple others have said, anti-psychotics like thorazine are the only drugs that actually can kill a trip, pharmacologically.

And I've taken benzos on trips, and it's not necessarily a good thing. If you're having a bad trip, imagine what it would be like to be forced asleep into dream world where the trip is that much stronger, and you can't wake up until the benzo wears off...

If you go into a trip wanting to abort it or think that you're going to have to you should not be tripping on acid in the first place.

Why?

There's nothing wrong with being cautious. In fact, I say it is applaudable. I have had trips go poorly before and there is absolutely no reason to sit there and go through a bad trip, especially if it is due to the setting.

I had someone force their way into my apartment one time and had to fight them off while tripping. It was a really noisy incident in the middle of the night, and so I knew the police would probably be coming. I think this is a perfect example of why you would want to have control over the trip if necessary.

Another point... I have seen people go wild on psychedelics before, and these people were generally not hesitant to take the drug in the first place. I think that being cautious going into a trip shows a proper respect for the power of the drug, which is only a good thing in my eyes.

And I've taken benzos on trips, and it's not necessarily a good thing. If you're having a bad trip, imagine what it would be like to be forced asleep into dream world where the trip is that much stronger, and you can't wake up until the benzo wears off...

I don't understand what you're describing here... The person would be "forced asleep" by the benzo and unable to wake up, yet be conscious and tripping?