• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy TCB-2 Thread

Oh please do, but post about it in the right thread. This one is for TCB-2, What you have is - in shorter name - 25I. Check the Psychedelic Index in my signature to find the thread for that. I really wouldn't mind if you'd announce the same thing there just to confirm that you got the right place that time, but that is up to you. I could then remove your above post and this one from me, since they are both inappropriate for TCB-2. We are getting a lot of psychedelic connaiseurs riled up posting here considering there is almost nothing known about TCB-2 itself.

Also two other things:
- 1g is a lot of such a potent compound if you never even tried it before!! I don't think that is particularly smart, do you?
- Do you know how to administer this drug safely? It can be very dangerous to yourself and others if handled inappropriately.

Oh please do, but post about it in the right thread. This one is for TCB-2, What you have is - in shorter name - 25I. Check the Psychedelic Index in my signature to find the thread for that. I really wouldn't mind if you'd announce the same thing there just to confirm that you got the right place that time, but that is up to you. I could then remove your above post and this one from me, since they are both inappropriate for TCB-2. We are getting a lot of psychedelic connaiseurs riled up posting here considering there is almost nothing known about TCB-2 itself.

Also two other things:
- 1g is a lot of such a potent compound if you never even tried it before!! I don't think that is particularly smart, do you?
- Do you know how to administer this drug safely? It can be very dangerous to yourself and others if handled inappropriately.

I'm sure you're not completely naive to how the scene works, if people want these sort of chems affordable, they have to buy in bulk amounts. I won't go into specifics obviously as they would be violating the rules, but I can confirm there have been several compelling reasons to buy a whole gram of the stuff.

Sounds bloody exotic! Please post a trip report if/when you get the opportunity to assay it! Lovely looking molecule though - not quite Bromo-dragonfly, but very nice all the same.

Because there have been no reputable reports on this. I have conducted a little human dose-response study that I believe will be of interest to some.

Experiments with TCB-2 (hydrobromide salt). HPLC purified (99.2%). 1H NMR spectra consistant with structure. Mass Spec Consistent with structure.

4:35pm 250ug ingested.
6:30pm possible alert. Unsure.
Nothing else to report. Slept well.

Following day
4:30pm 750 ug ingested
5:45 clear alert. I feel the classical body signals I feel when I take hallucingens, an uncomfortability in my neck.
6:45, there has been no progression. No visual or thought disturbances.
7:45, body signals dissipate.

Following day
5:26pm 3mg insuflatted. As expected, this is quite painful. The pain continues in my sinus for 15 minutes while I resist sneezing or blowing my nose.
7:30pm first alert.
8:30pm nothing greater to report. Wondering if the previous days effect was imagined. Settle in to watch a movie.
9:00pm. I smoke a small amount of marijuana (quarter of a bowl). Feel very very stoned. Having difficulty expressing myself. Realize I am having subtle visual hallucinations when looking at faces. Oddly, no CEVs.
10:30pm. Still having subtle hallucinations and still having difficulty expressing my thoughts when speaking. This is definitely a mild psychedelic experience.
11:00pm take 3.5mg of Zopiclone to sleep. I wake the next day feeling fine.

One week later.
2:17pm ingest 5mg with S (a 110lb female). Being to make a stew, assuming it would take several hours to kick in as it did previously.
2:30pm, first alert. This is not going to take hours to kick in.
2:45pm, the classic body sensations I get are kicking in. The continue to mount for half an hour. No visuals to report, however I am having significant difficulties in expressing myself succinctly. S reports that she felt it kick in within 15 minutes, but didn't want to say anything after I had claimed "it will take several hours to have an effect". I took the 5mg dose assuming it would take several hours to kick in, and so I began to make dinner, however, I am already significantly disorientated as I make the bean stew, thankfully it just get it done before I start to experience co-ordination difficulties. I sit down to watch The Fantastic Mister Fox.
2:50pm Open eye Visuals are beginning to start (interestingly, no CEVs) Not currently what I would call classical psychedelic effects, but effects like that TV screen seems further from me than I know it is, or other size and scale distortions.
3:00pm, Full psychedelic state. ++/+++. Large degree of visual hallucinations, fractals patterns, apparent movement of details, etc etc etc.
---
3:00am, The ++/+++ state continued for the last 12 hours. I was without anxiety, depression or nausea. S reports similarly. She has had potentially a slightly higher degree of visual hallucinations. Insignificant side effects are very shaky hands. S is very stimulated and declares she will not be able to sleep. I am unsure if I will be able to. We both ingest approximately 10mg of zopiclone to sleep.
---
1:00pm the next day. There are still subtle visual effects, like visual snow. We are both tired and groggy. I develop a rather bad headache. S does not. I attribute the headache to dehydration due to general partying over the preceding days. The next day the headache is gone, and I feel fine.

Conclusions. TCB-2 does not appear to be the ultra potent hallucinogen some of it's pharmacological properties suggest it should be. It appears to be somewhat less potent than DOI.

Last edited:
Very interesting, thanks for sharing this information! Do you think tolerance played a part in the relatively mild effects, compared to what was expected based on receptor affinity? One week could be too little for such potent, long-lasting chemicals.

Not really. Firstly, the first dose did nothing, so unlikely it caused any receptor desensitization, possibly there was some between the 750ug and the 3mg dose... but I doubt it was significant. Also, animal behavioural data indicates the TCB-2 is similar in potency to DOI (Fox et al., 2010).

How about the qualitative affects? That's what I find most interesting.

How was the trip it self? Was it novel?
What did it resemble most? LSD/NBOMe, typical 2C phenethylamine, or DOx maybe?

How was the mind state? A lot of introspection or was it very lucid or shallow? How was communication between you and your freind? Was it improved or was it more dificult?
And what about the visuals, how were they? persian carpet style or more fractal or geometric?

Do you want to repeat the experiment, or was it mostly negative? Honestly doesn't sound like you had a lot of fun.

Hey Fagott. I don't really hold much stock in generalizing qualitative effects. I've taken the same dose of the same drug and had wildly different experiences too many times for that. But for what it was worth, the visuals were noteworthy for their very subdued CEVs. Introspection was very lucid I would say. Communication was practically destroyed. Visuals were very "clean", no blurring. Fractal, repeating patterns etc. Not much bleeding, bending, warping etc. I wouldn't say this for definite, but the visuals did not seem particularly beautiful. However, we did stay inside my rather modest accommodation the whole time for safeties sake (unknown drug: I'm not roaming off into the woods). Definitely more like a phenethylamine than a tryptamine. I can't comment on the difference between 2C-X and DOx, but it was similar to DOx, apart from I always get severe nausea when I >++ trip on DOI, which I didn't get here. I would say by and large it was a very clean feeling.

The report was not supposed to convey positivity or negativity. It was simply about finding an appropriate dose, as, well, you can see from this thread, there was no consensus on what was a reasonable dose. I would recommend 4mg.

I would do it again without hesitation, but I would take it first thing in the morning, because it is LOOOONNNNNGGGGGG, i.e. >24 hours before you are completely normal again.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for the report Bilzor. I never ever thought this one would make it into the wild.

Experiments with TCB-2 (hydrobromide salt). HPLC purified (99.2%). 1H NMR spectra consistant with structure. Mass Spec Consistent with structure. [...]

Congratulations, excellent work. Thanks for sharing your experiences...I've been waiting to see something on this one for many years.

Last edited:
Thanks Bilz0r. I think the qualitative effects are the most interesting because if the trip is horrible/uninteresting who cares about dosage then? obviously :)
Of cause drugs work different for different people, set and and setting etc. still, your report can tell us something of what to expect if we one day get the chem into our hands.

Communication was practically destroyed

Doesn't sound that nice actually. I think a compound like that has no potential what so ever for recreational use. I couldn't imagine to be in any kind of social setting, or just being outside if something was to effect me like that.

Thanks Bilz0r. I think the qualitative effects are the most interesting because if the trip is horrible/uninteresting who cares about dosage then? obviously :)
Of cause drugs work different for different people, set and and setting etc. still, your report can tell us something of what to expect if we one day get the chem into our hands.

Doesn't sound that nice actually. I think a compound like that has no potential what so ever for recreational use. I couldn't imagine to be in any kind of social setting, or just being outside if something was to effect me like that.
If it's suited for very deep introspection, I'd actually prefer that a lot to just recreational potential. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Bilz0r said he took the 3 mg after two successive days of taking smaller doses. He would have had full tolerance at that time, which is why he felt nothing but nose burn. Then after a week he jumped right up to 5 mg and it was long lasting. What if he took about 3 mg after taking nothing for a couple weeks? Maybe it would be just right. At least he said no nausea and only shaking hands, rather than full body tremors which I get from NBOMEs. He also didn't mention any vasoconstriction. So that is an improvement of NBOMEs also. He mentioned stimulation, which would probably be similar to the stimulatio produced by LSD but not NBOMEs, which makes NBOME effects rather flat and unrewarding for me. If it is orally active, produces nice OEVs combined with a pleasant level of stimulation and little if any side effects, that would make it the best all around RC Psych available.

A friend of mine has ordered some off some guy he doesn't even know, I don't know how legit this is going to be but if it does turn out to be TCB-2, I will send some off for a GCMS or something.

Has anyone got anything else to add to this thread? Really don't fancy doing something with one whole report on the internet, and that was with tolerance.

Why send it off for a GCMS after you try? Wouldn't it be best to test it before you take it? Indeed, how else are you going to know that it is TCB-2? But if it does turn out to be TCB-2, let us know what dose works for you. FYI, in a month or two (late July?), it is likely I will trip again on it, so I can report the effects again.

Why send it off for a GCMS after you try? Wouldn't it be best to test it before you take it? Indeed, how else are you going to know that it is TCB-2? But if it does turn out to be TCB-2, let us know what dose works for you. FYI, in a month or two (late July?), it is likely I will trip again on it, so I can report the effects again.

I'll send it off before, or at least convince him he needs to. I won't be taking it at all until we actually know what it is.
Legend! Please do!

E: Nothings happened of this, he spent all his money on coke.

Last edited:
I'd like to know why nobody is selling this compound yet. So far all known hallucinogenic RCs have been crap compared to LSD and now one is reported which may actually be enjoyable and LSD-like and you can't find it anywhere. If they're worried about residual 2CB then they can make TCC-2 or TCI-2. Being active at about the 1 mg range, it would be a profitable product even if it's costly to produce. Right now I can't even find more than 1 or 2 trip reports on this.

I imagine the synthesis of a constrained polycyclic is rather laborious (no pun intended).

I'd like to know why nobody is selling this compound yet. So far all known hallucinogenic RCs have been crap compared to LSD and now one is reported which may actually be enjoyable and LSD-like and you can't find it anywhere. If they're worried about residual 2CB then they can make TCC-2 or TCI-2. Being active at about the 1 mg range, it would be a profitable product even if it's costly to produce. Right now I can't even find more than 1 or 2 trip reports on this.

So all known psychedelic RCs are crap then? Hah that's sure news to me!

Instead of holding up acid as some mythical substance that trumps all other, why not approach the diverse, wonderful world of psych RCs without that baggage? I mean maybe you'll find you like them, and more drugs = better, no? Not necessarily more drugs all at one time, but I value the very different experiences I can select from very much.

As for this being 'like acid', this is pretty much as different on a molecular level than acid as it gets. Acid is a big, complicated tryptamine, this is a small, conformationally restricted PEA, and the conformationally restricted PEAs may end up being as subjectively different in flavor as the NBOMe series is in comparison to ordinary, Shulgin PEAs. We just don't know yet, what with them being so rare at the moment.

I think the NBOMe series is an excellent example of compounds active at the microgram level being totally not like acid.

And to preempt the 'if you had had *real* acid, etc' argument, well, acid is out there, and if you get lucky and meet somebody reliable you can enjoy it as much and as often as you want, if it really does float your boat like nothing else. There's indeed tons of bunk, NBOMe blotter, and even still DOX blotter if you happen to run into it, but the real thing's still out there in spades.

Anyway, I advise you to consider reappraising psychedelic RCs, just as a friendly gesture from one bluelighter to another. Maybe you'll find your reactions to be more pleasant. Yeah, everybody's mileage does vary, but what would it hurt to give other compounds a second go?

Last edited: