• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Solubility & Stability Thread

Does anyone know about 5-MeO-DMT and 2-c-c-nbome? I currently just have then stored in baggies in a dark cupboard. Would this preserve them okay? I was told by someone 5-Meo-DMT 'doesn't really go off'.

Just wanted to check, also have some DOI blotters in with that lot, are they okay just in baggies in a dark cupboard too?

thanks

wooger,I,m in a basement.I have a dehumidifier and keep the temperature low.I store it in a freezer bag with my vials.Inside the bag with my vials,I added a large desiccant bag.Then I put a container of Damprid,I bought at a store with the whole kit and kaboodle in a drawer.I am a new to the game so common sense just tells me to do it until,I learn more about 2C,DOC,etc. I'm considering the liquid measurement aspect and everclear.I'm just leery when it comes to freezers.8o

^ thanks - the DOI and 2-c-c-nbome are on blotters tho, should I wrap them in tinfoil or just put them in a vial?

I'm gonna do a liquid conversion w/blotters.Cut them up,then put them in vials.They're pretty stable compounds from what,I understand.Just be patient and by all means,don't rush!8(;)

What's the solubility of aMT freebase in alcohol/ethanol? A couple of weeks ago, I tried making up a vial of 30mg/ml aMT in vodka. It seemed to dissolve, but upon very close inspection it was apparent that it was more of a 'suspension' than a solution, the liquid containing lots of extremely tiny (almost imperceptible) aMT crystals floating in Brownian motion. This, when compared to another vial containing a clear solution of 2C-P HCL in vodka, made the suspension ever so slightly cloudy.

I'm wondering if I could either dilute it down further in another vial, or if I should convert it to a salt.

does anyone know how to dissolve 25C-NBOMe? does it dissolve in water or will i need some other solution? how long will it last dissolved in a solution?

If your 25C-NBOMe is not in its freebase form (i.e. a salt) then plain water is fine to dissolve it. A ethanol/water-mix with about 20 % ethanol is better though, because that prevents microbial growth. This should last for quite a while (at least half a year without noticeable potency loss... perhaps way longer).

If it is the freebase, it would seem easy to just neutralize it with an acid (hydrochloric, acetic, citric acid...). This converts 25C-NBOMe to a salt thus increasing its water solubility. See above.

The dissolving process itself is very simple: weigh substance with milligram scale, put it in a vial, measure volume of solvent (syringe, graduated cylinder, ...) and add to vial, shake from time to time (be patient, could take a few hours!). This should yield you a clear solution (don't use suspensions, could be lethal). The concentration is mass of drug divided by volume of solvent for dilute solutions. Just to have some numbers: 19 mg NBOMe in 5.5 ml solvent -> 3.45 mg/ml. So 0.1 ml equates to about 350 micrograms. Of course you can adjust this to your amounts (don't miscalculate, could be lethal).

I wish you good luck working with such potent stuff ;)

thanks that was prettty informative. it in the HCL i will be geting so that is the salt. am i right? would an alcoholic drink such as vodka be a suitable solvent?

Yes, if you indeed get 25C-NBOMe HCl, it is in salt form. Vodka is a possibility, but if you want to dose nasally that'll burn (I've only seen vodka with about 40 % ethanol). You perhaps want to dilute it to about 20-30 % with water (mix approx. 1 part vodka to 1 part water) and use this as solvent. It will burn too, but it's less like a punch in the face ;)

how soluble would x-NBOMe be in a saline solution? thinking about making an NBOMe nasal spray for personal use.

Did a quick search but couldnt really find anything specific ..

Just wondering if I should be concerned about bacteria when evaporating a vodka solution of 25x over a period of 2 days at ~30 deg Celsius.
(Its not much higher than room temp, and it is vodka so I dont believe there to be any problems but I just thought I would ask.)

Also, will this little bit of heat be a problem for the 25x?
(I don't imagine it to be, as phens have been said to be quite stable, though I am not entirely sure about 25x's in particular.)

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Tired

There are no bacterial concerns even when evaporating?

As, theoretically, wouldn't all the alcohol evaporate first?

I may have missed it but after dissolving a rc into equal portions of distilled water and 95% ethanol how long should it retain it's potency and should it be stored in refrigerator or freezer? Is it more effective to use all ethanol?

4-aco-dmt, lsz, doc and other trypts as I would like to research daily or every other day micro dosing on a variety of research chemicals. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.

I'd say 100% ethanol for 4-AcO-DMT, preferably made anhydrous using desiccant; preferably put in freezer. Tryptamines may oxidize more quickly in the presence of water, I think water may promote ionization allowing something like N-oxides to form.

For DOC use 20% ethanol or more if kept outside of the freezer, freezer unnecessary and even fridge is optional. The alcohol is for fungi and bacteria.

LSZ definitely in freezer, normally I would say 20% or more but if you are putting it in the freezer use 100% ethanol. That way it will not freeze (solidify) and you can measure a dose using a dropper method (make a dose like 10 drops, not 1!) allowing you to dose without having to thaw it.

Freezing and thawing regularly is quite bad for the stability of compounds, it would probably ruin LSZ relatively quickly. Ways around that are storing each dose separate in the case of solid state, or measuring cold as drops when liquid like I just said. Similar story for 4-AcO-DMT I guess, it appears to be more stable than 4-HO-DMT but I recommend not tempting fate, fluctuating temperatures are sucky.

Use parafilm to seal the top of dropper bottles if your solvent is alcoholic. You really don't want evaporation causing your concentration to spike!

What about PG for 4-subs? Any idea on the solubility and stability of fumarate salts in PG?

Specifically 4-HO-MET, 4-AcO-MET, and 4-HO-MiPT?

I seem to have obtained an insanely sensitive 5-HT2A system somewhere down the line and need doses far lower than most so if I could put, say 50mg in 50mL of PG and have that be stable for, say, 6 months I would be happy. Obviously the longer the better but is PG suitable?

what is PG?

Propylene glycol. It's a commonly used solvent in pharmaceutical solutions, especially involving benzodiazepines which otherwise don't want to go into solution with anything that's stable (alcohol evaporates too rapidly for my comfort), I just am not sure how well it works with salts. Probably quite well but I'd like to hear of some experience using it.