• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Research Chemicals on Blotters Thread

I recently read about some blotter that had been sold in California (as LSD) that was tested to be phenazepam. As was said earlier- as long as the dose of the drug is no more then a few miligrams then it can be put on blotter, generally speaking.

I've seen phenazepam in blotter form, rather "safe" form of consuming it if you ask me. of course you can always take 3,5,10x the reccomended amount of anything.
but honestly people, whats easier than little sqaures of paper?

well not 2c's for sure. I had DOB sold to me as LSD...that was interesting after just 2 hits. 24 hours later trying to read a book but can't because the words wouldn't stay still long enough for me to read them!

You're likely to get DOx if you deal with shady suburban kids and whatnot. Buy your acid from the good ol' hippies and you'll have no worries.

What other drugs can be on blotters? Difference between LSD an RC?

What I mean is what other drugs can be in blotter paper besides LSD. My friend who knows this guy says he has lsd, but honestly I have never heard of lsd in my area. Is it possible it can be some form of RC? I never tried lsd and want to have real lsd while tripping. Can you tell the difference between lsd and a RC?

I think this is the second thread we've had about this in the past two weeks. I urge you to search next time before posting a new thread.

edit: here's the thread from a few weeks ago - other drugs on blotter

Any drug thats dosing range is between <.5 - 2mg can fit on blotter. (although yes there have been cases where blotter contained dosages of much higher [cases of DOM blotter and 2C-C blotter])

DOx chems can fit on blotter (DOB/DOI/DOC/etc)
5-MeO-aMT can fit on blotter
Some benzo's can fit on blotter (like Phenazepam, Alprazolam, Clonazepam, etc)

Its very possible your friend's connect could be selling adulterated LSD blotter as RC's are easier to get a hold of and are commonly used (specifically DOx chems like DOB) in place of LSD and sold as LSD.

There really isnt any way to be sure (although some have mentioned LSD testing kits. Not quite sure how accurate those are though as ive never tried 'em).

Most say taste (although that's no true means of identifying a chem).

The only way to really tell is to be a lab rat yourself, so if you're really not sure that your friend's connect is selling LSD but rather some sort of RC, dont take the blotter.

Its your choice, really.

Last edited:
Not really. Unless you happen to have a GC/MS set-up to hand... probably not. Know your source is the golden rule. And if in doubt, don't take it is the other one. I recall something about LSD flourescing under UV light but not sure if it's reliable or even accurate, Someone else surely will though :)

Have you tried checking your Regional LSD Availability thread? Could be that others in your area have already sampled them and could give you a better idea.

Is there any way to know you ingested an RC? Average LSd trip is around 12 hours long right? So wouldent an RC be way longer or way shorter then 12 hours?

Depends on the RC. Some last longer, some shorter, some about the same.

From what i heard, is that any other chemical besides LSD is more bitter? Also the blotter may be thicker. Is this true?

I find LSD to have a bitter taste. (Liquid LSD always makes me cringe a litte)

And any number of chemicals can have a "more bitter" taste, so thats no real means of identification.

The thickness of blotter means nothing really. Normally blotter is layed on 90 lb or 120 lb weight paper, but LSD can be layed on anything really, so there's no real way to determine whats on blotter just by the thickness of its paper. Thats like identifying whats in an ecstasy pill based on its color and stamp.

On other forums people are saying LSD is not suppose to have a chemical taste? If it does wouldn't it be very subtle and not to the extremities of other RC tabs?

Usually because of the small dosage on blotters people dont taste the LSD, but I find that real LSD does indeed have a somewhat bitter taste.

On blotter is definitely subtle, but sometimes so are RC's in small doses (i.e. blotter doses)

Like previously stated, taste is no real way to identify whether or not you received one chem over another. Any number of chemicals may or may not taste a certain way.

Also, the ink on blotter can taste bitter. I've had blotter that tasted pretty damn bitter that was most certainly LSD.

I've heard innumerable times that bitter blotter necessarily means it's not LSD, but I think that's bullshit. Pure LSD may be relatively tasteless, but what about the taste of iso-LSD and unreacted clavines (and potentially the ink)? So far as I know these synthesis impurities have no pharmacological effect at the tiny amounts they're present on blotter, but they may nevertheless give the blotter a bitter taste. That means you may have very high concentrations of LSD on impure bitter blotter, and despite the impurities that blotter's qualitative effects will still be indistinguishable from clean blotter.

I've had bitter blotter that came on in 15 minutes and had LSD's duration and fairly linear dose response curve for myself and a few friends. It was strong and provided great experiences. Lots of perfectly good LSD has probably been rejected because its bitter taste convinces people it's DOx or a FLY compound. The best way to verify bitter blotter without a test kit is probably to have 3 or 4 people (to rule out 1 person's potentially fast metabolism of a DOx) familiar with LSD take one hit. Everyone should feel something within at most an hour. Otherwise, it probably really is something else.

Also I heard most DOB and DOI blotters take around 2 hours to kick in, when lsd takes 15 min to an hour. Wouldent that be a way to recognize if it is lsd?

DOx chems do indeed take a bit longer to set in, but ive also had LSD that took 1.5-2 hours to fully set in (and yes, it was definitely LSD).

We're running around in circles here....