• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Research Chemicals on Blotters Thread

@Dudeabides and perpetualdawn, can I move your posts to create a new thread and/or merge it into another thread where it would be on-topic? I'm positive you are not the first to have this argument plus it is off-topic in this thread. Also the thread we are in now is carefully monitored for a few reasons / there are strict rules about it that have to do with the no ID thread rule among other things.

By colored alcohol (ethanol to be specific regarding which alcohol) they mean the kind that is denatured (should be on the label) meaning they added other chemicals to the alcohol to render it undrinkable, and a dye to warn about the undrinkability. The price should also be an indication, denatured alcohol should have the price of a cleaning agent (low) while potable alcohol has the price of liquor (high).
You could also probably substitute with say isopropanol, another kind of alcohol that does not get the same treatment as denatured ethanol.

How much solvent? This looks fine for example:

ZaLpEGam.png

No plastic spoon or even metal. In your post it says Marquis reagent contains sulfuric acid, well that that oxidize iron to rust making it brown or black, and I'm surprised they used plastic on pillreports.com as IMO it could also mess up some kinds of plastics I think. A glass vial like in the pic above would be ideal, try to improvize to approximate it. The thin tall shape is ideal because if you look at the liquid in such a vial from the top down, the larger the distance you look through the liquid the better. Perceived coloration 'adds up', you see color best through a thick layer.

Well I just tried this last night.... Absolutely nothing happened... no color change at all in the small amount of alcohol that i put in the vial.... I guess my best bet is just to do a straight up marquis directly on the paper blotter itself ... I have no other choice....

It's probably pointless, Marquis contains sulfuric acid that will burn paper and produce brown / black stuff ash-like. Read...
Yes you could try but the result could be compromised so you would again have to put it in perspective (probably always necessary with these tests)

Your result could mean that, as stated in the FAQ:
NBOMe compounds may not dissolve well and then give no color reaction!

There might be freebase NBOMe on it though I thought those dissolved in alcohol or the concentration / doses could still be too small, maybe you didn't soak long enough I don't really know at this point. Maybe try with water. Maybe try with mildly acidic water to convert any freebase NBOMe. Also put the Marquis'd vial on white paper to see any color better, I don't know what you expected from these blotters but LSD may appear less likely now. You might wanna wait longer than 5 minutes and figure out some way to squeeze out the soak blotters and repeat that multiple times. Do everything you can to help extraction.

I have used these kits before &, when I asked about the strange colour after some hours, I was told right here in PD that only the initial reaction is relevent & any later colour changes are due to enviromental contamination. My blotter indicated Lysergamine present with a pale purple/pinky colour almost immediately but turned a dirty brown colour after an hour or two.

I'd like some back-up from other succesful users of Ehrlich if possible, we don't want any misinformation circulating here!

I used up 2 test kits (4 individual vials) when I was last testing with the Ehrlich EzTest kits.

At first I thought my LSD was bunk because I got no colour change within 5 mins or even within an hour. I put the vials aside on a shelf and left them, coming back to give them a shake every hour or so. Gradually the small granule provided with the test kit dissolved over time. After the granule was completely dissolved (after several hours) the test liquid turned a deep purple colour.

The first test was done using blotter (~55ug LSD). I tested again in a new vial using a drop of liquid LSD (~100 ug) plus I ran a test with a blotter of 25I NBOMe (550ug). Again it took hours not minutes for a clear colour change to occur. The vial containing LSD went light pink, then clearly purple and eventually an opaque, dark black colour. The vial containing 25I went yellow and stayed yellow. It did not change to a black or brown colour over time (even after several days).

@Si Ingwe Keep in mind that I am talking about only one specific brand of Ehrlich test, the EzTest brand. For all I know other brands work more quickly?