View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Nootropics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piracetam and Noopept are great! The latter one seems to be synergistic with psychedelics.
Also, I do like bromantane(ladasten), but this one blunts trips a little bit.

Thanks for the advise. Can you show me a list of what nootropics you would take and any other supplements.
Thank you again.

Thanks for the advise. Can you show me a list of what nootropics you would take and any other supplements..
Sure thing :D

Current Stack is -

1 Multivitamin/Multimineral
NSFW:

Vitamins

Vitamin A Complex -
Retinol (Palmitate) 150mcg
Alpha Carotene 1.6mg
Beta Carotene 6mg
Vitamin C (Magnesium Ascorbate) 120mg
Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 25mcg
Vitamin E (As Alpha-Tocopherol) 15mg
Menatetrenone (MK-4) 120mcg

Vitamin B Complex -
B1 (Thiamin) 9mg
B2 (Riboflavin) 2.5mg
B3 (Niacin - As 126 Mg Inositol Hexanicotinate) 115mg
B6 (Pyridoxal-5'-Phosphate) 100mg
Folic Acid 800mcg
B12 (Methylcobalamin) 647mcg
Biotin 300mcg 100%
B5 (D-Ca Pantothenate) 100mg

Vitamin E Complex -
Tocopherols 86mg
Beta Tocopherol 2mg
Gamma Tocopherol 60mg
Delta Tocopherol 24mg
Tocotrienol 10mg
Alpha Tocotrienol 3mg
Beta Tocotrienol 0.3mg
Gamma Tocotrienol 6mg
Delta Tocotrienol 1.3mg

Minerals

Calcium (Calcium Carbonate, Citrate-Malate, D-Ca Pantothenate) 300mg
Iodine (Potassium Iodide) 150mcg
Magnesium (Aspartate, Oxide, Ascorbate, Chlorophyllin) 210mcg
Zinc (Citrate) 11mg
Selenium (Se-Methylselenocysteine) 55mcg
Copper (Citrate) 1.5mg
Manganese (Glycinate) 2.3mg
Chromium (Picolinate) 100mcg
Molybdenum (Na Molybdate) 45mcg
Potassium (Chloride) 50mg
Boron (Citrate) 700mcg
Silicon (Na Metasilicate) 25mg
Strontium (Citrate) 1.5mg
Vanadium (Picolinate) 18mcg

Misc.

R(+)- Lipoic Acid 150mg
Co-Enzyme Q10 (Ubidecarenone) 30mg
Green Tea Extract (45% EgCG; 1% Caffeine) 140mg
N-Acetylcysteine (NAC) 200mg

Phytonutrient Complex
Chlorophyllin Complex 150mg
Trans-Resveratrol 1.8mg
Pomegranate Extract (40% Ellagic Acid) 100mg
Sulforaphane (From Broccoli Sprout Extract) 7.1mg

Natural-Source Mixed Carotenoids
Lutein 6.8mg
Zeaxanthin 314mcg
Astaxanthin 2mg
Lycopene 10mg
Cryptoxanthin 300mcg
Choline (From Bitartrate)
Inositol (From Inositol, Inositol Hexanicotinate)
Mixed Citrus Bioflavonoids (25% ) 100mg
Quercetin Dihydrate (85% Quercetin) 76mg

An Additional 3,000IU Vitamin D3
2g Molecularly Distilled High EPA/DHA Fisk Oil
1 Heaping scoop non-GMO Soy Lecithin
1 Probiotic Cap (2 Billion)

*20-30 Minutes Before Sleep*
400mg Magnesium Malate
300µg Melatonin
200mg L-Theanine

Weekly -
1mg Methylcobalamin (Methylated Vitamin B-12)
150mg Milk Thistle 30:1 Extract
500mg Cat's Claw
1 Resveratrol Cap(100mg Resveratrol ; 100mg Red Wine Powder; 50mg Grapeseed Extract ; 25mg Grapeskin Extract ; 25mg Pine bark Extract)

Occasionally (Cycle 1 month on, 1 month off) -

1g ALCAR + 200mg ALA(R+ Isomer)

Godzilla said:
can I take the Hydergine one week on one week off???
If it were me I would cease using it altogether. However, I'll do some further research for you. The pros may indeed outweigh the cons. :)
Godzilla said:
what about the Gingko???
I don't care for it. It gives me terrible headaches. However many people get positive benefits from it. If you do then I see no real reason to stop using it.
IME though, vinpocetine > ginkgo.

Last edited:
Preparing for next semester after a while out of school considering use of nootropics to help with the memorization involved in my coursework. Is mixing a stack of various nootropics (including hydergine, piracetam, ect) safe with occasional use of stimulants such as adderall, dextroamphetamine and an MDA/MDMA thrown in every once in a great while?

I have already taken the initiative and stopped smoking weed, if I must also discontinue use of these others for peak performance in my schooling I will do so. My one worry is that the purported negative cardiac effects associated with hydergine would cause problems with my stimulant use.

As a side question I have read that 2c-d can be used as a prodrug/nootropic, do you have any experience with this? What exactly is the effects in nootropic doses, assists in absorption of information, memory recall, ect?

Also any recommendations on nootropics for enhanced memory recall? Perhaps some memory exercises I can do in the preceding months to "warm up" essentially?

Thank you

2C-D is considered nootropic at 5-10 mg. The 5-ethoxy homolog is suspected to be a better nootropic as the 5-EtO homologs tend to have extended duration of action and milder psychedelia.

It is possible, though untested and unconfirmed, that prolonged use of 2C-D will lead to tachyphylaxis (loss of effect). This is seen with other psychedelics, and is most famously an effect of overusing MDMA (losing the magic).

2C-D is considered nootropic at 5-10 mg. The 5-ethoxy homolog is suspected to be a better nootropic as the 5-EtO homologs tend to have extended duration of action and milder psychedelia.

It is possible, though untested and unconfirmed, that prolonged use of 2C-D will lead to tachyphylaxis (loss of effect). This is seen with other psychedelics, and is most famously an effect of overusing MDMA (losing the magic).

Thank you, just found this link on erowid if anyone else is interested in 2c-d's nootropic qualities;

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/2cd/2cd_smartpills1.shtml

I would still like to know if anyone has used hydergine/other ergolines for memory/cognitive enhancement while simultaneously using stimulants safely? If this combination would be unsavory I'd like to know before I tread potentially unsafe waters, as it were.

Last edited:
I have some oxiracetam and aniracetam and this is my first time taking nootropics. How should I start the dosing?

I've recently discovered a source for ergoloid mesylates (brand-name Hydergine). I can pick up a gram *snip* from a chemical supply co. Do y'all think this is a good idea? Nootropics are a very interesting class of drugs. So far I've only tried piracetam which lately has been failing me. Hydergine is of much interest to me, and I've finally found a source that is not ridiculously overpriced. These are not pills, but pure powder. I also don't think there are any restrictions on a regular consumer, non-lab/university funded purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you guys consider modafinil as a Nootropic? Or just as a temporary 'productivity enhancer' as wikipedia describes them on its Nootropics page?

What do you think would be more effective for immediate noticable effects? Are things like Modafinil and Ritalin safe on the whole?

IME most things that provide a quick and sizeable cognitive boost are degradative in the long-term. I'm referring here to most stimulants, probably all, but since modafinil isn't technically a stimulant then it is probably a lot safer to use. However it is relatively new chemical on the market, so long-term effect studies are non-existant. I've tried it before and I must say it gave me a mild mood lift, increased my concentration dramatically and completely eliminated lethargy. I wasn't jittery or over-stimulated in the slightest, rather it felt like I had had just the right amount of sleep and was fresh all day. After taking it for 3 days straight I started to get intensely depressed, so I discontinued use. This could just be me, but still I would recommend cycling the dosage if you decide to take it.

I have been taking piracetam or aniracentam on days that I have school work or projects to focus on. Sometimes it's difficult to tell if the effects are placebo or not, although when I meditate I see a clear difference. From my experience both of these chemicals lend themselves very well to meditation, and meditation in turn has its own nootropic effects! A great combination.

I must say I've not found Piracetam to hugely enhance my cognitive function (though its generally not too bad anyway - though concentrating on things can be a little easier), but have found that the substance GREATLY improves my mood and reduces social anxiety. Combined with low dose SSRI (50 mg Sertraline a day), I find my mood is great, even if tired (and thats usually a no-go, I hate feeling tired). I'm quite surprised its worked this way, as I wasn't expecting it to affect my mood. Can on occassion feel like low dose Amphetamines (especially with Caffeine) or a very low, absolute threshold dose of MDMA.

I've found i'm eating less as well, which I think is a function of the Piracetam lifting my boredom threshold quite a way (I eat tons when i'm bored). I liken the effects of taking Piracetam to like just after finishing an intense gym workout - the increased blood flow to the brain simulates this feeling immensely. Exercise on Piracetam is even better, did a 10 mile run earlier, the later miles, past about 8 miles felt amazing - the endorphin release felt immensely pleasant - almost intoxicating!

I know its the Piracetam at play here, because I've taken Sertraline for years, and alone doesn't have these kind of effects.

I do 1,600 mg in the morning and 800 mg in the afternoon; the afternoon dose is like a booster dose to the morning one.

Just a question about food supplements, what do you guys think of spirulina And other 'superfoods'?

Comments on my Regimen

Hey guys,

Exams are approaching (around 50 days away, finished in 65), so I thought this would be a decent time to start a noot cycle - so that the peak effects are there during the exam period and then I can cycle after exams before resuming again for work.

Fairly basic stack, mostly conventional stuff, but I have added a couple of things which will raise a few eyebrows, so am looking for opinions.

AIM:
1) Maintain concentration and motivation to persist with 6-8h of studying daily for the next 65 days
2) Increased clarity - I am doing a tough degree from a top British university. which where my ability to understand the material is primarily tested. Basically, I need to learnt to cut through the crap
3) Memory Improvement - I have a decent memory as it is, so this isn't the main priority
4) Positive attutude and little anxiety - This obiously impacts the other 3 factors and if I feel upbeat about life, and my anxiety levels are low, everything else will work well.
5) Sleep regulation - getting into the habit of sleeping by 1am, and be up by 7:30am.
6) Partake in 2, 60mg, AMT fueled, relaxed evenings (2 weeks from now, 5 weeks from now). It honestly is the biggest pick-me-up I have had, and it really helps me accurately guage my position now, and gives me positive motivation to reach my goals.

REGIMEN:
(subject to weekly evaluation, with dosage changes, and a couple of additions, but on the whole, this is the stack)

Morning:
800mg Piracetam (weekly 10g/100ml solution made and kept in fridge)
800mg ALCAR
300mg CDP Choline
1.25mg Selegeline (transmucal - increases effective dose by a magnitude of ~2)
Omega 3: 240mgEPA / 160mgDHA / 350mgALA
Omega 6: 400mgLA / 200mgGLA
Omega 9: 250mgOA
Vitamin C (500mg)
AMT (<5mg)

Evening:
800mg Piracetam
800mg ALCAR

Bed Time:
ZMA (30mg Zinc, 450mg Mag, 10mg B6)

Non-Daily:
Melatonin (3mg) x 3 times/week
Phenazepam (1ml/mg - 1mg) x 3 times/week

Potential Additions in the next few weeks:
-> Proper Multivit (I have so much junk)
-> ALA (anti-oxident)
-> 2-DPMP - 2mg (start of day) - functional stimulant
-> Increase of Choline, or adding APC choline on top of the CDP

What do you guys think?
I guess the main critcisims would be the inclusion of classic drugs, not noots, AMT (daily), Phenazepam (3x week) and potentially 2-DPMP (daily).

AMT at low doses gives me a massive boost in motivation and energy and its anti-depressent effects are hugely beneficial in maintaining high-spirts even in dire times.

Phenazepam is feared across Bluelight, but having read the reports of careful use (using sub mg doses, without redosing for atleast 24h), an anxiogenic which subly lasts ages seems a plus (if it causes negligible amnesic effects).

Regarding 2-DPMP - again, as a fairly non-euphoric but potent stimulant, 2mg dose should provide a good boost to keep me going through the day.

Hopefully the anti-oxidents (Oil, VitC, Melatonin, selegeline, and if I add ALA) counteract any toxic effects these will have...

What are your opinions on the matter?
Any additions/removals/recommendations?

A part of me says that I should stay away from all the "drugs", but if they are going to add value to my regime they would be great to keep them there...

Thanks

I can't really give y ou any advice cause you are obviously far more experienced with this. Just about the amt, I mean you must take it cause you know what it does to you - not because you read about it's anti depressive properties...and. If it helps you, why not? But is it really a thing that is good to take daily... Even in very low dose?

I can't really give y ou any advice cause you are obviously far more experienced with this. Just about the amt, I mean you must take it cause you know what it does to you - not because you read about it's anti depressive properties...and. If it helps you, why not? But is it really a thing that is good to take daily... Even in very low dose?

That is the issue, I have read through the forum a lot and found a lot of conflicting information.

It was prescribed openly in those low doses for many many years (people took it without any anti-oxidents), and the reason for withdrawl seems more likely to be abuse, than toxicity.

A few people have taken up the self-experiment where they did the 5mg dose for a few weeks. Most noticed positive effects for around 4 weeks, and then the negatives kicked in, with a spike in anxiety and lethargy. However, maintaing a steady dose of anti-oxidents, and having an anxiogenic in the mix might help adjust for that.

I don't plan to continue this longer than 2 months anyway - however am concenred whether that even that amount of time could have a negative impact on me...

Just to see if I feel an effect of the low dose amt I added some to my morning supplements. Will report later if I feel any different/better/worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.