View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Nootropics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, didn't realise a nootropics thread existed. I have some reading to do, lol.

Dropped 10mgs of Noopept this morning and to be honest, it feels like a stimulant to me.

I did win two rounds of Scrabble from my friend who always wins from me. Don't know if that's anything to go by.

But I feel good, energised, a little like modafinil, but whether I got real Noopept or a stimulant, I can't be sure ofcourse.

I can only hope.

Does anyone have any experience of mixing Sulbutiamine with modafinil or armodafinil?

Having just started on Piracetam (800 mgs a day)a few weeks ago, with choline and vincpocetine added today, I'm noticing definite anti-depressant effects and an increase in mental clarity. I'm addicted to benzos, and suspect the supplements may help reverse benzo-inducded cognitive deficits. I may experiment with upping the piracetam dosage, adding in Omega-3s, snd selegeline is definitely on the list of the must-tries.

Sorry, delete this post, the editor's acting oddly, and my posts keep reproducing.

Last edited:
I'm curious as I'm not familiar with the dosages of Aniracetam but I've heard it is excellent and for some people, it works where Piracetam does not.

Doses are around 1/5 to 1/4 of what I use with piracetam. I doubt only one would "work" in anyone. Each is similar in that they will help with memory function but ani is a bit more mellow, whereas pira a bit more stimulative. That's not to say either is particularly mellow or stimulative though. I switch off between the two each few days.

Dropped 10mgs of Noopept this morning and to be honest, it feels like a stimulant to me.
Careful with Noopept, when I was doing a bit of reading on it I ran into several anecdotal reports that all said that it made the user's anxiety increase sharply after having taken it for a while, despite it being anxiolytic when they first started taking it.

Does anybody know if DMAE has any effect on intracranial pressure, or have had ear popping when having taken it? I added it to my stack a few days ago and have had ear popping after the first day. It seems to be gradually lessening each day, though, and it only happens when swallowing, never spontaneously. I haven't really been having any symptoms of off-balance ICP other than headaches the first two days and lightheadedness the third day, but the headaches may have been caused by something else; I get them fairly often. Even then, maybe that's not due to an imbalanced ICP caused by the DMAE but due to relatively rapid re-adjustment of ICP. I've actually been feeling much better and my hearing has improved a bit since starting it, so I'm wondering if my ICP was actually off before, and the DMAE is having a corrective effect on it. Thing is, I have found nothing saying that DMAE affects ICP or even that is just causes ear popping. Could be that it's not due to the DMAE alone, but with the way it interacts with the other noots and supplements I'm taking.

For reference, here's what I'm taking now, per day:
- Piracetam, 800-2400mg
- Now Adam multivitamin (only 1 daily, not 2)
- Fish oil, 3g
- Lecithin, 1.2g
- DMAE, 250mg
- ALCAR, 500mg
- Biotin, 5mg (I'm naturally biotin deficient, thus the large dose; my fingerprints start disappearing without supplementation)
- Calcium, 1g
- Magnesium, 500mg
- L-Glutamine, 1-2g

Last edited:
Noopept has actually decreased my anxiety greatly and increased overall cognitive functions. Wish I would've started taking it sooner rather than later but its only recently become more available. IMO, it's far more subtle than Piracetam and also doesn't seem to require as choline. Memory has also improved similar way as to with piracetam and I feel like my reflexes are faster. One of the most noticeable benefits Noopept has given me is motivation. Having been on speed (addies, now dex) for a while I never noticed much of an increase in motivation but Noopept really gave me a boost.

One difference I've noticed between Noopept and other racetams (have extensive experience with Piracetam & tried aniracetam for a bit) is that it doesn't enhance the effects of other drugs as much.

Anyway, here is my (modest) stack:
Noopept: 25mg 2x a daily
Choline Bitartrate: 300mg (along with Noopept)
Multivitamin w/ extra D3 & E: 1x day
Magnesium: 400mg 1x daily
Vitamin B-50 complex: 1x daily
ALCAR: 500mg
ALA: 250mg
Other:
d-amphetamine (dexedrine): 10mg 2-3x daily.
Valium/Etizolam: 5mg/2mg occasionally for situational anxiety (Noopept seems to enhance these a bit)

Anybody ever try taking 10mg Noopept a day and also try it 2x a day at 20-30mg doses? If so, how does it compare to just 2x a day? I'm thinking of trying this since I'm due to make another set of caps.

I've been taking vinpocetine along with huperzine and the biggest difference is in the sleep. I have more vivid dreams and seem to stay asleep compared to my usual tossing. ;)

First: I would not if I were you, mold can be pretty terrible for your health.

Second: Did you even look for a second at which thread you were posting this in? This thread has Nothing to do with shrooms unless you're planning to take them at threshold doses for potential cognitive enhancement.

Piracetam and other Nootropics

Hi I'm relatively new to the forum and I've had some ideas running around my head about Piracetam (something I take daily, I'll explain it after I've stated my idea) and combining it with psychotropic drugs (LSD/DMT) and seeing what the effects were and how much it could possibly intensify it.

So anyways, Piracetam is a Nootropic (Mind drug) and is used to stimulate cognitive functions/memory/recognition. I've been taking it for several months and it works, and I've noticed an increase in my spatial memory as well as my overall thought processing. Now when I take it I can tell that I'm "on" something and that it is effecting my mind (think of like an elevated thought process, like when on a LSD trip), and I've started wondering what could/would happen if I combined Piracetam with LSD. I started taking Piracetam to help me when I would study for my courses, I've never had really good memory and I often forget little small things (locking a door, where my phone is, and things of that nature) and granted I've seen improvements I'm now more curious as to whether or not this could be used with psychotropic drugs.

Would my trips be more intense?

Would I be more open intellectually?

Would my visuals be sharper?

Things like that, I order my Piracetam online, since it is not available in stores, from Smart Drugs for Thought. I haven't been able to turn up any LSD since I moved to Houston, and have been trying really hard to find some but I'm pretty sure I'm getting closer to finding it. As to how Piracetam and how it could/would effect DMT I'm even more interested. I've only gotten to do DMT once but it was amazing, scary, ugly, and beautiful at the same time and would like to do it again, maybe even repeatedly to see what the effects of Piracetam would be with it.

I've already tried, well I smoke all the time, smoking with it and I loved the head high it produced. I sought out a nice sativa/indica blend and found that my head high was a lot more focused than it normally has ever been. In fact it was pretty epic, and I enjoyed it a lot.

Well anyone who could help me with this, has experience with it, or is just as curious as myself is free to post here. :)

citation:
smartdrugsforthought.com
(Click research, and it has a ton of citations on Medical/Scientific/Clinical studies)

Since this is a question involving psychedelics, I'll go ahead and move it over to PD for you.

Very interesting, I was just researching the same subject :)
From what I read on erowid etc. it certainly potentiates psychedelics (in many cases a lot)
What's your daily dose? And does it really helps your mind?
Here in Belgium, doctors don't use piracetam anymore. It's more Ginkgo Biloba for enhancing the cognitive mind.
I'll let you now if I find the mechanism of action and its relation to potentiating psychedelics.
BTW, do you know it potentiates mdma too? Many users find it brings their roll to a whole new level and sometimes brings back the magic.

It does potentiate MDMA a lot, seems to make the high better as well. More euphoric, definitely. Not sure if you need to be taking Piracetam regularly to get the best effects, or just before dosing the MDMA will be sufficient. I take Piracetam regularly anyway, find it very beneficial for my moods.

Piracetam has potentiated every psychedelic I've combined it with by a significant amount. It seems to potentiate typtamines and ergolines to a lesser degree than phenethylamines. For all of the 2Cs I've combined it with, 1g of piracetam seemed to quadruple the effect.

Piracetam also potentiates alcohol (pretty much by 2x). I don't think it potentiates opiates. Some say it potentiates cannabis but I never noticed a big difference.

I'm not sure about aniracetam or oxiracetam.

I regularly take 2400mg of Piracetam, sometimes I do a little more (~4800mg) Piracetam than is "recommended".

Yea it really does help my mind, it has really been nice remembering if I locked the door, and remembering what I said/wrote. I've actually managed to memorize a script line for when I'm in a terminal emulator on my phone to get to reboot recovery mode (something that never would have happened before unless I sat down and wrote it about ten dozen times). In the States you don't need to go to the doctor to get Piracetam, I order mine through smartdrugsforthought.com (they have a research page if you're really curious) so it's nice, I don't even have to leave the house to get it and I receive it in a timely manner (2-3 days).

Aniracetam/Oxiracetam are more potent racetams, however they actually do carry side effects that are negative. Generally that's the reason why i stick to taking Piracetam and not messing with the others, because they all have side effects (Piracetam is the only that doesn't surprisingly).

As to it potentiating (sp?) cannabis, I would say it does but that could be a placebo effect. It'd be nice if others could/would test it out so it could be something a little more well known.

And thank you Transcendence!!! I was hoping it would increase the effect of psychedelics but I wasn't exactly sure (I'd been told by someone that they got headaches when taking it with Adderall, but IMHO I've gotten headaches when taking Adderall by itself).

Choline is supposed to make Piracetam's effects increase, so I'm going to go ahead and assume that combining the two with any psychedelic could sufficiently increase the effects with out causing anything negative that would make the trip unenjoyable. Man this is awesome, now to find some cid! LOL

Please refer to the Big & Dandy Thread we have on this:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/296712-The-Big-amp-Dandy-Nootropics-Thread

This may be merged later. I will leave it as is because you are a fairly new member, welcome to PD in any case :D

In the future please make use of the Index which lists our most common topics of discussion, and if you cannot find your subject there use the advanced search function. I know simply from personal experience that most things can be found using one of these ways and a lot of new threads do not necessarily need to be made.

Also I highly recommend the Beginners FAQ to explain more how to find your way around. It's not a bunch of boring bullshit to plow through, rather consider it something that can save you time using the forum. Thanks!

Links are below in my signature

I was wondering the same thing about Galantamine. I'm thinking of getting some and trying it out for mental clarity, memory recall, cognitive focus etc. It is a natural substance extracted from the Spider Lily, and it's supposed to be really good for lucid dreaming too. I'm interested to see if I can combine Galantamine with psychedelics, if it is safe, and see if I can access a greater cognitive and memory space in that state. Anybody tried this?

Would hydergine potentiate LSD? Was considering ordering some to see if there is a synergy.

I was wondering the same thing about Galantamine. I'm thinking of getting some and trying it out for mental clarity, memory recall, cognitive focus etc. It is a natural substance extracted from the Spider Lily, and it's supposed to be really good for lucid dreaming too. I'm interested to see if I can combine Galantamine with psychedelics, if it is safe, and see if I can access a greater cognitive and memory space in that state. Anybody tried this?

I've heard it has lots of side effects, I was going to actually start taking some simply for the Lucid dreaming effects until I did further research on it and saw some of the side effects.

-Seizures (I have had them before, so I avoid anything that can cause them).
-Blood in urine/stool/vomit (Heck no, please no internal bleeding for me).
-Fainting (meh, not too bad...but still).
-Heartburn.
-Nausea.
-Depression.

Status
Not open for further replies.