View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxphenidine / MXP / 2-MeO-Diphenidine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only because MXE is 3'-MeO-2-Oxo-PCE? Honestly speaking, if PCP is phencyclidine and PCE is eticyclidine, then MXE for methoxetamine seems logical as hell if it's supposed to tie it with PCP and PCE. What should be the short name for ketamine then? CM?

Not that I think MXP is a great abbreviation for this drug but by no means have I seen it used before for 3'-MeO-2-Oxo-PCP.

MXE is 3-MeO-2-OxO-PCE. MXM is 3-MeO-2-OXO-PCM. Why should this drug, that isn't even a arylcyclohexylamine, be called MXP? It doesn't make any sense!

The vendors started calling it that and the name stuck... we've discussed on here before how it's not a good name.

MXE is 3-MeO-2-OxO-PCE. MXM is 3-MeO-2-OXO-PCM. Why should this drug, that isn't even a arylcyclohexylamine, be called MXP? It doesn't make any sense!
Exactly, it's fucking ridiculous. I'm seriously ashamed for being a drug addict seeing all these people just adapt to everything those 'vendors' use for marketing, when in reality most of them have decided on becoming 'career drug dealers'.

Has anyone noticed that even Diphenidine and 2-MeO-Diphenidine doesn't make sense if it's following the same pattern as amphetamine? It should be dipheTidine, right?

Anyway, I just remembered that last 400mg dose. During the roughly three hunded times I've used dissociatives (mostly PCP amd RS-Ketamine) or any drugs for that matter have I actually fallen for the illusion of having died... Or was it? :D Shit, this stuff is just insane. Nothing for daily use, I can have it lying around for half a year and only use a couple of times.

The vendors started calling it that and the name stuck... we've discussed on here before how it's not a good name.
We should start enforcing the use of correct names. Bluelight is the number one internet resource on recreational drugs and we could easily make a difference here. We can also hold corresspondence with erowid and drugs-forum. When buying drugs not yet established one should ask the vendor for a CAS no or if that doesn't exist. Even toxicology journals often adapt vendor names, this is just shameful. Is that what humanity has come to? Just shameful. :D

I actually wanted to create an index with the CAS no and most common synonyms for each IUPAC name, but then again I wanted to read these 30 (?) books I have bought and finish a few of these coding projects and well... I'm not even gonna get started on the rest, Maybe just a lazy fuck.

Last edited:
We should start enforcing the use of correct names. Bluelight is the number one internet resource on recreational drugs and we could easily make a difference here. When buying drugs not yet established one should ask the vendor for a CAS no or if that doesn't exist. Even toxicology journals often adapt vendor names, this is just shameful. Is that what humanity has come to? Just shameful. :D

I actually wanted to create an index with the CAS no and most common synonyms for each IUPAC name, but then again I wanted to read these 30 (?) books I have bought and finish a few of these coding projects and well... I'm not even gonna get started on the rest, Maybe just a lazy fuck.

I ordered 250mg of MXP.

I have little to no tolerance to dissociatives and have on tried ket and MXE once at small doses, also tried DXM but didn't dose high enough for any experience.

I don't have any scales at the moment I'm not usually one for eyeballing doses but on this occasion I decided to.

I split it so that each pile should have been roughly 40mg.

I subbed a little bit maybe 15mg as an allergy test. Ok, let's go.

I've read that it needs to be converted to the citrate salt in your stomach before becoming active (that's wht it isn't nasally active) so I mixed one of the piles 1:1 with some citric acid that I have from the exchanged form IVing UK heroin. I mixed it well and snorted it. BURN!!!!!! I was expecting the citric to burn but fuck me that's something else!! About 5/10 minutes later I'm feeling mild stimulation a little euphoric and a bit of a body load. After an hour or so i wasn't feeling much so I decided its time for my next dose, this time oral, I wouldn't be redoing after this one it was being out away. again I mixed roughly 80mg (2 piles) with th same amount of citric and prepped it into 2 gel caps and swallowed. I've read that mixing with citric means it kicks it roughly half the time and hits harder as its already converted to the active citrate.

After about 40 minutes I feel like my body is vibrating and I can feel stimulation all over and a nice body loads, I feel clear headed so to speak but a little confused.

It continues to come on like this in waves until I reach the peak and don't even realise I'm peaking haha!

I don't look too fucked or out of it and I don't feel too much that way either. If I redosed the i Defoe would. About 4 hours after I took the first dose I'm feeling more or less back to baseline and things are stating to make sense to me again, I was supposed to be meeting up with one of my friends but this got quite distorted over the trip...100mg of Oxy and ten mins later I'm righ back with ya....

I did feel dissociated and a little confused but it did also feel easier to control than MXE or ketamine where I couldn't control how I felt at the ti,e at all. I'm not sure whether what I toold was a large dose but it's deffo a powerful chemical.

Don't know if dis so's are my thing so not sure if I'll be talking more I still have a lot of the chemical left. Oral is obviously the way to go with it and it didn't feel like it took too long to kick in when mixed with citric.

Has anyone else taken it with citric??

We should start enforcing the use of correct names. Bluelight is the number one internet resource on recreational drugs and we could easily make a difference here.

Because BLers are so much smarter than everyone else on the Internet and it's ok if they get confused when they read something here, because we are right and they are wrong? Bluelight is a harm reduction website. One part of harm reduction is to reduce confusion. There would be a lot more confused people if we forced different meanings on names than is used elsewhere. You don't like "MXP" because it's not rationally conceived? So call it 2-MeO-Diphenidine instead. But don't pretend that when MXP means 2-MeO-Diphenidine to practically everyone on planet earth who cares, they are all wrong and you are right. Symbols acquire meaning as a matter of convention and finally habit.

Even toxicology journals often adapt vendor names, this is just shameful.

And this tells you that toxicology journals are stupid and you're smart? Maybe they are also interested in harm reduction and accept that a unanimously accepted, even if idiotic, name is sufficiently unambiguous.

Just shameful.

Have you read the news lately? This is what you find shameful in the world?

I can't be the only one who burps constantly when I take this orally. It's actually ridiculous how much I burp on this shit. Makes the trip very, very weird.

For some reason, the mere sight of that molecule fills me with dread. Many things with just two benzene rings are alarmingly strong and long lasting, and require very careful handling. However, the sight of three, with no comforting CH3O- groups around, and no apparent NH2 or CH2CH2NH2 amphet. offshoots, makes me even more uneasy.... call me old-fashioned, but I like to see familiar 'old chemical friends' here and there - preferebly with detailed test results and a comment by Shulgin.

That is my personal prejudice however (or cowardice, if you prefer?) I don't like 'dissociative' drugs myself, and don't much like the effect they seem to have on others. Maybe I haven't witnessed the positive side, as many folks seem to love them - and, if I'm honest, once upon a time I sneered at MDMA, as I hated the music, didn't dance, and viewed drinking water on a wild night out as pretty sad. But I was wrong, and not ashamed to admit it - all I had to do was try the stuff once, and all became clear!

Sigh, I was a younger man then - but that isn't why I'll not be trying this one, or similar derivatives like Ketamine. I just don't fancy them, judging by what I've seen and been told by those who love it. It certainly isn't just 'fear', I always ignore solemn warnings, and usually view them as tempting adverts if they describe 'side effects' that intrigue me. No, I am still a reckless Psychonaught (sic) at heart, just as I was at 17, reading about acid, speed and dope.

In fact, at 56 I first tried Mephedrone, only a month ago. But that's another (long!) story, which I'll save for now. Let's just say, I'll be giving this stuff a miss.

Let's just say, I'll be giving this stuff a miss.
Good decision. This one is way too hardcore for you⸮⸮

Jk obviously, but it's nonetheless a good decision not to dive into dissociatives the way I see it.

And this tells you that toxicology journals are stupid and you're smart?
Had a bad shit that morning, brother? :D

However tumultuous things are down in that GI tract of yours, I'll stick to everything I said. The very idea is to avoid confusion in the long term by abiding to certain conventions when we refer to chemicals. Thanks a lot for reminding me of this being a harm reduction site. I can't see something like an index with CAS numbers doing any harm. You will see that names like MXP will become very problematic once the next two or three dozens of dissociatives have been released.

Oh and btw, I have said so before, but even diphenidine is incorrent. The first n should be a t. I have not once used the term MXP as far as I can recall and I don't condone it's use. Incorrect or not, it's not that much work to type out diphe[n/t]idine.

Since you asked: I have not read the news lately. I have only heard about that airplane a couple of days ago and much rather poison my mind with psychotropic drugs over lies, death, destruction and mayhem.

May you never have your day ruined by painful defecation anymore.

Last edited:
I personally love the stuff. Im huge dissositive fan with alot of exp with ketamine, mxe, 4-meo-pcp, 3-meo-pcp, DXM, diphenidine, and now methoxphenidine. Im not a huge fan of it at low doses. Diphenidine is much better in that respect but going and lying down to ride the waves with music. Methoxphenidine rocks. it gets very heady that is pretty manic like buf ive Gotten good spiritual advive.

Love the stuff. Just stay inside. Oevs suck and stimmy. Pretty manic like. wouldnt like social interaction.

Hate it isnt very wster soluable. Id like to iv Or im. Sucks u cant vape like with diphenidine. You can enjoy nice vape doses with that. I just take orally with oj and have on onset of 30 mins. Full effect at 90 to 120. Last 3 to 6 hours more depending dose. I gotta high dissositive tolerance so I wont post doses.

I also take clonidine and pregabalin daily

Last edited:
I personally love the stuff. Im huge dissositive fan with alot of exp with ketamine, mxe, 4-meo-pcp, 3-meo-pcp, DXM, diphenidine, and now methoxphenidine. Im not a huge fan of it at low doses. Diphenidine is much better in that respect but going and lying down to ride the waves with music. Methoxphenidine rocks. it gets very heady that is pretty manic like buf ive Gotten good spiritual advive.

Love the stuff. Just stay inside. Oevs suck and stimmy. Pretty manic like. wouldnt like social interaction.

Hate it isnt very wster soluable. Id like to iv Or im. Sucks u cant vape like with diphenidine. You can enjoy nice vape doses with that. I just take orally with oj and have on onset of 30 mins. Full effect at 90 to 120. Last 3 to 6 hours more depending dose. I gotta high dissositive tolerance so I wont post doses.

I also take clonidine and pregabalin daily

I've successfully IV'd MXP, you just need to mix it with a little citric acid.

Good decision. This one is way too hardcore for you⸮⸮

Heheh! I totally agree - call me old fashioned, but I only ever take drugs for enjoyment, pleasure or therapy. Having seen the FX on others, I will stick to the psychedelics, stimulants and tranks I know and trust, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I took 150mg of this stuff in three doses over about 10 hours and ended up self-harming and contemplating suicide. MXP seemed to bring out the worst in me.

Sorry to hear that MXP has contributed to self-harming and suicidal thoughts. Please stay away from this and most if not all recreational/rc drugs if this is where they take you, stay happy and safe if you can and that sounds like well away from things like MXP. no offence buddy, we all have different physiologies and psychologies, never anything to be ashamed of. BUT PLEASE TAKE CARE AND NEVER TOUCH MXP OR RELATED COMPOUNDS AGAIN. And maybe seek some decent psychological/emotional support? Good luck.

For me, I still like this one. Finally exceeded 500mg in the course of 24 hours, wouldn't recommend it. It led to the same cognitive deficiencies that overdoing MXE and occasionally ketamine led me to i.e. being totally unable to speak. And make sure you are well away from anyone that would find such a state deeply disturbing e.g. Parents, authorities, probably anyone who wasn't aware what you were on! Still, there is something very blissful about the right dose of this for me (right dose hard to find, get some scales and for first-timers don't start above 80mg and don't redose like I just did - not good example! Work up to max 150mg over various sessions. And wait a good 4-5 hours before even thinking that it isnt working.) FYI this 500mg has come over nearly a year experimenting with MXP and won't be repeated. Also, i would never take that much in a single dose, ever. And please, just to reiterate, if drugs take you to bad places please please don't do them. Stay safe everyone, wishing you well.

Sorry to hear that MXP has contributed to self-harming and suicidal thoughts. Please stay away from this and most if not all recreational/rc drugs if this is where they take you, stay happy and safe if you can and that sounds like well away from things like MXP.

Yeah, you're right. I was dumb and stupid. I used to take quite a bit of MXE, and was stupidly expecting MXP to be like it, ie giving me a cool, clinical headspace. I've thrown away the rest of the substance, as well as my paraphenalia. Time for sober living for a while. Thanks for the concern :)

No problem. No, this isn't MXE, or at least nowhere near it in sensible, I would argue therapeutic doses (MXE, 50mg or thereabouts for me). I would be careful with MXE too though, it is very potent powerful stuff. Sober living for a while sounds like a good idea, could do with a bit of that myself I think! :)

Just a little follow up to my comments about my MXP experience a couple of days ago (link to trip report).

While the substance probably had a significant effect on my suicidal thoughts and self-harm, I think it is important to mention now that I have been suffering with these problems quite strongly over the past few weeks. While MXP appears to have heightened these feelings, I do not want anyone to go away with the impression that it has caused them, since I have been prone to this kind of behaviour while sober. If you, like me, suffer from mental health disorders, please think twice before taking this substance. If you are going to take it, I strongly advise that you do not redose.

As one who frequently suffers suicidal thoughts and self harms, that sounds like good advice. However, another somewhat long winded experience of mine... (maybe 'tis 'blog time', but not just yet - this is OT and relevant). Around Xmas, I had reached a 'new low' and all this year had been planning to depart this world once and for all. I did not however wish to leave in a state of gloom and misery, wanted to go on a 'high note', afeter (preferably) one last, MDMA - at least - fuelled rave, to 'touch base' for the last time. Being inactive and not too anxious to die, I didn't seek out such an event, just trusted in fate to patiently wait...

It never turned up, but what did had a most spectacular effect. A new aquaintance offered me, in my local pub of all places, a strange looking wrap of something I'd never heard of, and being the careful, resposible and sensible suicidal fellow I am, I thought 'why not', and crunched the revoltingly bitter thing without a second thought. Before anything happened at all, I remember thinking 'this is strong stuff!' just from the taste. Having had no psychedelics at all for several years, I wasn't unprepared, but was utterly knocked sideways, by something I had never quite known before - hints of acid, mushrooms, speed, but something entirely 'new' at times, not just 'another place', but several it seemed. Can't say I enjoyed it, a bit much, I initaially thought it was Ketamine, but in fact is was mephedrone... my respect for these 'research chemicals' went up no end!

Far too smashed to stay in the pub, I went home, and found my speech badly affected... greeted witha stern "What have you taken?!", repeated several times as I futilely tried to reply, interrupted by gales of insane laughter - hint here, don't try to explain the 'new state', just say something simple like "er... acid" or "um mushrooms I think?" - far easier. It wore off fairly fast... then I discovered my depression had lifted, all the next day! And at last I had the energy and opportunity to get some whizz, and keep it at bay all week.

I would certainly NOT recommend such drastic, dangerous 'therapy' to anyone wishing to shake depression, I was just lucky, and it was the right time for me. I certainly CAN'T see NICE or the BMA approving of my actions and choice either, but what do those cretins know about drugs?

Self-medicating is a dangerous game, particularly with stimulants like mephedrone, but glad you got some lasting positive effects. Just wanted to add, for those interesting in this kind of drug, don't write this one of completely. Sure, if you are prone to mental health problems you should likely avoid with a wide berth (along with most other psychoactive drugs I would recommend, unless you are sure of their therapeutic value, which in the case of RCs you are very unlikely to be). However, in low doses (50mg to 80mg) it produces some light affects like mild euphoria, dissociative effects without significant obvious motor impairment. As you climb to higher doses things get more messy and although you may feel perfectly lucid and 'on-it- chances are you won't be and will appear visibly inebriated to any outsider - I would say any dose above 150mg for me or probably any dose above 100mg for someone with less tolerance, will probably take you there. However, there are some pleasant effects in the higher dose range. I estimate the safer higher dose range between 150mg and 200mg, without redosing. I have also experienced therapeutic affects, e.g. being able to look at life and problems more objectively, even being able to rise above existing addictions whilst I was on MXP. For example, I have a mild addiction to benzodiazepines and I will usually feel very uncomfortable if I don't have at least a small dose every day (here is an example of the dangers of self-medication - a nasty, if mild, benzo habit, trust me nobody wants one of these). However, under the influence of MXP I don't need that small dose to feel comfortable.

On the less interesting side, this stuff takes ages to kick in, and carries on for so long there always seems to be a drop period when I get bored, feel I am coming down and usually want to redose. I think it is best to resist this and just rest it out, or as I often do add a little something else to make it more fun (nothing serious, I am talking about small amounts of something pretty mundane like cannabis. The juries is still out as to whether stimulants work with sensible doses of MXP> many people already find it quite stimulating. From my experience, I have used it with 3-FPM without any obvious problems.

Having used this on and off for over a year, I cannot report any long-term problems from sensible use of this one. Of course, if you are regularly consuming over 200mg, IV'ing, or just acting irresponsibly with this one, as with any drug, you are going to get fucked up. But if you treat with respect and proceed carefully you might just find you enjoy this one, particularly if you are a fan of dissociatives. Again, I would like to re-emphasise the risks or potentially unpleasant experiences you might experience with taking too much. Make sure you have microscales that can measure at least down to 10mg and work you way up with doses slowly. I would say nobody really needs to pass the 250mg mark or, at a push, 300mg. After that it starts to get more unpredictable and possibly less pleasant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.