• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - 4th Dose (don't overdose)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Methoxetamine and Ketamine aren't thought to be dopamine releasers, just reuptake inhibitors and agonists (i.e. like cocaine rather than amphetamine); in other words, it's thought to be much less likely to be neurotoxic, much less likely to cause withdrawals and addiction, and much safer while still offering a huge potential for subjective euphoria. It's actually looking to be a rather bloody good drug - possibly even a smart drug? I do worry about dopaminergic downregulation though, and interactions with other drugs, as well as cardiac risks, are a worry.

If MXE doesn't artificially release dopamine, that may explain why it is euphoric but doesn't really have much of a comedown (if any). Stuff like amphetamine rips your dopamine transporters, receptors, reuptake inhibitors to shreds, meaning that you feel like absolute shit when it wears off. No such problem with MXE =D

As for dopamine downregulation...the reports of long-term mood lift suggests that dopamine levels remain elevated for apparently weeks or months. Does this suggest a natural increase in the production of dopamine? Or unnatural long-term reuptake inhibition? The latter would cause down regulation for sure. As for my own experience, can't say that my usage negatively affected my psychological health in the long term. I'm full of energy and pep, and haven't touched MXE for months. I was more sedate a few months back, but that was probably due to lack of sleep from MXE use.

Last edited:
@JSPete-I actually get a comedown, and it feels horrible. Depression, I feel stupid and emotionally blunted as well. The next day leaves me feeling very hungover as well, like a night of molly.

^ Yea I tried a first time test dose of 15mg oral and all it did was make me feel a little woozy and then sleepy... knocked me out. Next day I felt rather hung over.

Hopefully a little more, perhaps, 25mg from what I read here, will give happier results. But from that initial test experience I am NOT feeling highly motivated to take a larger dose, but who knows, sometimes dosage changes result in non-intuitive alteration of effects.

Though I must say that from the SECOND day after till about th 5th or 6th, the "hangover" was gone, and I think I DID feel somewhat of a general confidence/mood boost. Weird! Though who knows, could have been a suggestability/placebo effect from reading all the reports here.

Last edited:
I didnt even feel normal again until 5 days later.

this last time i took it was starter dose of 22mg SL, another of the same dose but insuffialted, and 16mg SL. I later found out my scale was off by .01 though... so that translates to 32mg, 32mg and 26mg. Wont be doing that again until its fixed. either way, every time i do it, it takes something out of me. I'd like to figure out why. The hangover and decision making is why I avoid alcohol, I like this drug though.

interesting. I found 15mg to be much more impressive than i'd expected. Granted it had been the better part of a year at least since i'd had any dissociatives at all and i've rarely done them in general. Different strokes for different folks ;)

Interest and advice for MXE plz!

So I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to dissociatives but alot of my friends and chatter online talk about ketamine and MXE... I can order MXE online and I heard it is less toxic than ket as far as the cramps go but what I'm really curious about is should I purchase MXE or look for ket from one of my friends and If I get the MXE how should I take it? Orally? Snort? And how much? Only experience I have with dissociatives is DXM and it was a nasty NASTY experience and I can't even drink normal cough syrup when I NEED it now lol. But also I hear to not even touch ket or MXE cuz of it's play with the reward pathway. I have dealt very difficultly with oxy addiction and such. Is MXE or ket really worth getting into or will it jus take me to the dark side again?

Advice me:)

-i

And I'm sure I'll get asked about the nasty DXM and fOr me the drug jus doesn't mix with MY biology.. Made me super sick and puke and jus felt like a semi smacked me in the face for hours after

MXE and ketamine are dissociative drugs, if you don't like feeling spacey, dreamy, "out of your body", double-visioned, slurring your speech, etc, don't take them. Lots of people find the ketamine/DXM/methoxetamine experience very addicting, but conversely lots of people find it very uncomfortable.

You should look on Erowid and the Big and Dandy threads on this site. These questions have all been covered before. The general consensus is MXE is longer lasting, more manic and speedy, and less "magical" than ketamine. It also needs a smaller dose.

If you have problems with drug addiction to avoid your problems and make yourself feel good, stay away.

I think in the big and dandy thread there was an ex opioid addict that experienced withdrawals similar to that off opiates from daily use so that might be a cross in MXE's box.

I did K first and would say that it's more comforting and the shorter duration makes difficult experiences easier, also it's pretty easy to sleep after.

Status
Not open for further replies.