• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine / MXE Thread - Part 16 - Sweet 16 mind-control machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL I thought my tolerance was high, I *only* went through 3.5 grams in 5 days on my last binge. I was rrreeealllyy high too. Didn't reach the spiritual depths I have achieved on earlier binges though (on the same batch). I messed up by going too hard 'out of the gate'. I found the best results are from ramping up over those first few days, going relatively conservative doses first day and only going for m-hole doses after the first day, once the system has had some time to acclimate/tune to it. After the first day or two are also the best results combining with tryptamines/phenethylamines, from my experience.

You guys must have loads of time on your hands. Been using frequently for almost a year now and 50 milligrams is still as far as I will go. I got that good shit.

You guys must have loads of time on your hands. Been using frequently for almost a year now and 50 milligrams is still as far as I will go. I got that good shit.

My first year was like that, I could do 20-30mg every 4 hours for days and in some cases weeks on end, and if I wanted to go really far I would just double up the dose. Slowly but surely residual tolerance built up even when I was giving myself weeks or a month between cycles. By the start of the third year or so I was finding that after a 2 week break I could return to a relatively baseline tolerance, but after a couple doses tolerance escalated *much* faster than it had in early years. By the 2nd and 3rd day of dosing I could do a half gram easy, strong effects at first but diminish quickly even at those high doses...Numerous users report needing 6 months or even a year to get back to real baseline.

I will say though that there is some REALLY STRONG stuff out there that even I can't dose very high on without losing the plot (but also experience more negative side effects). I personally avoid that particular form because it feels 'darker' to me.

Last edited:
Why is mxe so much better on the second day? Im guessing its the body adjusting to the effects. Or is it just me?

Exactly, I've documented this numerous times, and my theory is in line with what you have said. A bit of tolerance helps in a number of ways to get the most out of the experience. The way I explain it is through what I call a process of tuning. I would love a more technical explanation however.
Why is mxe so much better on the second day? Im guessing its the body adjusting to the effects. Or is it just me?

Yeah, MXE definitely improves somewhat with tolerance. I've heard many people say, and I agree, that the best way to "hole" on MXE is to build up to it with a series of consecutive smaller doses, rather than one big dose.

I'm not sure attributing or relating it to a bit of tolerance is correct though. In my opinion, it's not the slightly raised tolerance that enhances the experience but instead the tuning to that wavelength, as vortech says. A contributing factor could also be MXE or an active metabolite still being present in the body, causing a synergizing or potentiating effect. But if that's true, it makes the tolerance assumption even more questionable as most other chemicals don't function as to potentiate itself when there are traces still left in the body. Yes?

My guess is this observation is due to a buildup of MXE/metabolites in the body. Tolerance serves anything but to enhance the experience, in my experience.

Interesting. I think that theory would make sense seeing as MXE does seem to stick around in the body for a while. I find the first dose after a break to be slightly muddy if that makes sense. But on day 2 or 3 it seems to be smoother and more euphoric. Not necessarily a good thing as it seems pretty addictive as it is.

threshold-chart.gif

Pyschonaut John Lilly constructed this ketamine dose-to-response curve and wrote of his experiences (speaking in the third person): “Later John was to find that there was a small residual effect that lasted several hours. The falling curve did not go completely to zero. The overvaluation trap would be found much later to be caused by this small residual effect unnoticed in the first set of experiments.”

Perhaps we're simply dealing with the same. Longer duration of effect than currently believed, masked by the inaccuracies of hominid perception.

Well my hominid perception finds it quite obvious that mxe and to a much greater extent 3-meo-pcp/pcp linger in the body for a long time (the so called 'afterglow' is still being a bit high) - the ketone was added to ketamine to reduce this property of pcp. There is a cumulative effect going on. Added to that, i think there's a psychological transition that's less smooth from a baseline state than from an 'afterglow' (metabolited up) state - maybe that's what you mean by tuning vortech?

I completely understand what Vortech is talking about "Being tuned into the compound" a day or 2 after you 1st start using it again after abstaining for a while. I always notice that my 1st dose after a 1-2 week break is always less euphoric and more on the heavy dissociative side. It seems like after about anywhere from 12-36 hours - you get back into the MXE "Zone" so to speak where you have enough in your system that you never really come down completely to baseline until you take a break for a few days to a week again.

Being a Ketamine derivative, with features of 3-MeO-PCP and PCE, which are both very long acting / fat soluble as well. I feel because of the addition of these features to the Ketamine Molecule that it absolutely makes for a compound which, even if the half life of MXE itself isn't super long - there is some metabolite that is sticking around for multiple days, to multiple weeks depending on how much you use and how often you use that amount. I'm only speculating this because I have personally experienced this phenomenon MANY different times - too many times for it to just be a coincidence.

A lot of these types of negative effects have to do with how much you use MXE as well. If you're a casual to average user, I feel like things like this aren't as pronounced - but when you're a heavy or daily user, and you stop for a bit, it's definitely a bit different that 1st time you decide to dip back into the bizarre molecule that is MXE. Even I myself - after a short break - will start out with a dose closer to 20-40mgs, instead of 75-100mgs. I also co-sign on working your doses up gradually until you either get to where you want to be or finally reach your destination of an M-Hole.

I've found that after heavy use, even after 2-4 weeks of not using - if I smoke a decent bit of weed, I start to feel the MXE come back. This compound definitely sticks around for a while. I also regret to say that after multiple years of using daily / multiple times weekly and going hard at it, I've been experiencing withdrawal symptoms, discomfort, I got a bladder infection from using too much - as well as my stomach feeling destroyed every time I quit using.

My least favorite part of the withdrawals - which mainly consisted of severe anxiety, fucked up stomach, severe dehydration and malnourishment - which this is my fault to an extent, but when I go on a bender, I only eat enough food to keep my body going so I can keep partying. If you go hard at it with this drug - it will fuck up either your body, your mind / mental health, or your personal life. In the past few years I've become very reclusive - I avoid people and feel anxious in public if I'm not on MXE. I did not have this problem previously, before I started using MXE in 2010. I've always had social anxiety - but it's starting to border on Agoraphobia.......This is my honest personal assessment of MXE - A drug that I love - after 5 years of on and off use and abuse. This drug can teach you so much about yourself, the world we live in, what it means to be a human being in this enormous galaxy that we're all a part of - this compound is fucking DEEP and Seductive at the same time. I used to preach about respecting this compound, but along the road forgot to take my own advice........If you enjoy the psychedelic mind state, or are a naturally introspective person, you will probably love this compound too.

Some days I wonder though if all of the beautiful lessons I've learned, and experiences that I've had will be worth the price I know I will pay at some point. Just some honest and open minded introspective thoughts from a 5 year MXE Addict. This drug is like an Angel trying to dance on the tip of a needle - a very thin line between beauty and self progression, and addiction and self destruction. Mad love to my fellow Dissco heads. Peace - Mr. Meowfish

Last edited:
It's been 3 months since doing any MXE, looking forward how does it feel like magic-wise.

Listen to Mr. Meowfish people, he preaches truth. I would add that this goes for probably any dissociative when abused. We see so many ketamine addiction horror stories and I've personally had my share of fleeting insights and lasting consequences from abusing DXM. My intuition is that dissociatives with notable SRI action are the worst in this regard. After all, look at all the problems prescription SSRI'S can cause upon cessation.

Meowfish, I will likely quote or cite your posts in my book. The message is a clear example of an actualizaion of the collective case report, a perspective that rings true for others who have had similar long-term usage patterns.

Yeah, after abusing MXE for a while, I would definitely agree with what Mr Meowfish said. I think it needs to be more well known that it can and does cause nasty withdrawals if you use it for long enough. I always saw people saying that you just stop dissos and there should be no real withdrawal but I feel like shit trying to come off MXE. Every time I try to take even a day off I just feel so shitty all day that I end up doing some eventually just to feel somewhat normal again. I told myself I wouldn't start using it every day ever again after the last break I took, but then I had a mental breakdown for a week or so and got back into the habit of daily dosing. I love MXE so much but it really is such a fine line between some sort of therapeutic or recreational experience, and just straight abuse.

At first it made me more social and I was having a blast forming new connections with people and expanding my life and making new healthy habits, but then it just devolved into me being reclusive and feeling too anxious to get out of my house or hang out with anyone. It was a pretty quick change too to be honest. I'm going through a lot of problems in my life right now so that may have had a lot to do with that. I do find that the antidepressant effect has mostly worn off for me. I've been using daily for most of a year now, just to give some time frame. Some breaks for a week or so scattered here and there in that period.

I don't know about you other daily users, but it feels like my urethra is screaming at me almost every time I pee. I'm not even doing that much right now, less than 150mg/day, I don't get how some of yall can rip thru half a g in a day without your organs going into shock or something.

These posts make me glad that I seem to have lost the magic with MXE... at times I was using it every 2-3 days, and sometimes 2 days in a row... never (except when trying to hole a few times) at home alone, always hanging out with friends who all had it too and when one of us would suggest it we'd all be down. I never did more than 100mg in a night and that was too much for me... usually it was 40 or 50mg. I never developed any problems, but at some point it just got boring. I also never tried that multiple day thing, though I have expienced that manic euphoria from it before (different from the magical type of dissociative experience, it was a very enabling, confident, in-body sort of state).

Nowadays I use it very sparingly in combos with psychedelics, where it really shines brightly, IMO.

Same happened to me, it lost its' appeal after a while. I never even went hardcore, dosing only at nights maybe 3 nights in a row sometimes but too much anyway. I got many spiritual and amazing experiences with it though. I just got 500mg again after 3 months, I will probably check it out in the weekend and report back.

"Man, I'm so alpha that I shoot MXE into my dickhole. Bitches call me Urethra Franklin." - from last night :D

I hear what these dudes are sayin' about losing the magic. During the peak of my MXE (ab)use I was taking it almost daily, sometimes trying to reach the hole but mostly using it in a recreational fashion (this was roughly a year ago.) It got to the point where the body high was so heavy and unpleasant, and the experience was so weak that I kind of gave up on it. I attribute this to not just my tolerance, but the fact that the last batch of MXE I had was garbage.

I took a break for about a year, but I came across some really good MXE about a month ago and decided to get a few grams for old time's sake. I think this MXE is much higher quality, in fact it's safe to say that this is some of the best MXE I've ever had. Salty, fluffy, crystalline gold (well, maybe more off-tan) I shit you not everybody, this is easily the best MXE I've taken since it first got big in 2011. This is some uber platinum double dank pre-UK ban quality shit. I could ramble on about just how great this particular batch is, but you get my point.

Last night, and on summer solstice (about 2 weeks ago), I had two very nice deep CLEAN holes. I could type for an eternity about all that I saw and experienced, but that would take a long time (I may attempt to write a trip report when I have a sec) and anyone who's been really really deep on MXE knows how inexplicable, deep, spiritual, humbling and beautiful of an experience a solid M hole can be. Not to mention, the afterglow totally (for lack of a less hippy dippy phrase) realigns your chakras :D

A couple notes...

-If you want to go really, really deep, I think that oral dosing is best. You can absolutely get to the M hole via nasal administration, but it will be a VERY stimulating high (almost unpleasantly so) while oral is just about perfect.

-On that note though, I think nasal is ideal for recreational and social use. At doses of 20-30mg it makes a really nice substitute for alcohol. Also, mixing both ROAs will give you the best of both worlds.

-I have not administered MXE via IM, IV, or rectal, so I can't comment there.

-One thing I REALLY love about MXE is that I'm able to have a metric fuck ton on me, and only use it about twice a month. These days, I keep myself too busy to use it any more often than that. The ~4 hour duration is absolutely perfect. It's not so long that it's a full day's commitment (like LSD) but it's not short acting enough to be super addicting (like ketamine.) I get that dissociatives can be compulsive. For example, if I had this much ket on me, then I'd probably be using it more often, because a 1 hour session is much easier to sneak into a day than a 4 hour session.

-On that note, if you'd asked me what my disso of choice was a month ago, I would have said ketamine, but with these past two M holes that COMPLETELY blew me away...I dunno, MXE is an amazing substance and I think I like it every bit as much as ket or any other dissociative.

-I think that the best way to enter the hole is to take doses of 25-50mg until you're where you'd like to be. In one night, I'll usually take 100-200mg, but I definitely won't take it all at once. Getting that much MXE dumped into your receptors at the same time is where you enter dangerous territory (increases the chances of blacking out and doing stupid shit), while small incremental dosing just slides you right into the hole like butter :)

-MXE = amazing. MXE + THC = also amazing, but exponentially more confusing. MXE + Nitrous = Yeeeeeeeehaw!!!! MXE + Psychedelics = can be amazing, but please know what you're doing for Pete's sake.

-Finally, I'm happy there's really good MXE circulating the market again. I thought I'd lost the magic for good, so imagine my surprise when I find myself smack dab in the middle of one of the deepest holes I've ever experienced on anything. Good shit! I think my temporary loss of the magic can be attributed both to high tolerance, and shit quality MXE. To all those who's tolerance is so high they feel they've permanently 'lost the magic' - it DOES come back, just take a nice long break from MXE and all dissociatives (I seriously took a break for almost a year) and when you do come back to it, better make sure you get the highest quality dissociatives you can find.

Thanks for reading everybody and happy holing :D

EDIT: Also, as a strange aside. Does anybody get a really strong eerie sense of deja vu whenever they trip? "This has all happened before" etc. I also will sometimes get the strong sense that I'm like...an actor in a play, if that makes sense. Anyone else? I'll have to take these more subjective notes over to TR...

EDIT 2: Btw if you do choose to go deep, I seriously recommend having a sitter. Even though the chance of blacking out and doing regrettable shit is lower than, say, DXM or 3-Meo-PCP, it still definitely exists. Especially for the more stimulating nasal ROA.

Last edited:
EDIT: Also, as a strange aside. Does anybody get a really strong eerie sense of deja vu whenever they trip? "This has all happened before" etc. I also will sometimes get the strong sense that I'm like...an actor in a play, if that makes sense. Anyone else?

I get that feeling frequently while tripping. I attribute it to the fact that every moment that has ever happened, is happening, or will happen, exist together simultaneously. The actor in a play thing, that maybe you're just playing a role who's lines and actions and timeline have already been decided, too. I see it on multiple levels, but the two coming to mind now are a) if we're consciousnesses with certain specific operating parameters surrounded by environments with certain specific operating parameters, then shouldn't there be some path of less resistance or most probable outcome? and b) if you believe in souls, multiple lifetimes, more happening than we can see, etc. then it's easy to see that we are influenced by other energy systems around us, pushing us to certain people and places, and again, not exercising free will; actors

Status
Not open for further replies.