• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy MET Thread

... it is promising as a pharmahuasca admixture and worth the effort if nothing else because the effects are unique and so far the material is very friendly.

Do it!

Perhaps the general will try at some point. If it converts to a salt easily on microscale, it might be worth IM administration too.
I'll share when either is attempted. Thanks for the welcome.

Any IM reports on this substance?
I would choose this route when I try MET.
I always IM DPT.
any comparisons with IM MET to DPT?

i want to know if there are reports out there of IM MET?

thanks

I smoked 50mg of the freebase. It takes SLIGHTLY longer to come on (60 seconds rather than 30 seconds) but it lasts more like 30 minutes rather than 15 minutes of DMT. Qualitativly I didn't find it as good as DMT but damn, it's still excellent. Certainly a lot better than ANY of the 5-MeO derivatives (Don't like being sat on by an elephant).

I never understood that. 5-MeO-DMT is nothing but bliss for me. I find DMT laregly worthless (smoked) but hope IMed MET proves very interesting. At least as a substitute until I get my hands on DET.

DPT is good medicine, but I prefer other treatments.

i want to test MET by freebasing it. do you think this can be done using a volcano vaporiser? is there any chance that it melts, drops down and damages the volcano? what would be a good starting dose? i thought of 20-30 mg.

first time MET.

i have already posted this in the big and dandy MET thread, but unfortunately i got no responses, so i try again by opening a new thread, in the hope that this will cause more feedback.

i want to test MET by freebasing it. do you think this can be done using a volcano vaporiser? is there any chance that it melts, drops down and damages the volcano?

is this a efficient method of administering? or would a classical smoke bubble be better?

and what would be a good starting dose? i thought of 20-30 mg.

Classic bubble would be better....Every surface of the pipe gives a chance for MET to cool and condense to the sides. Use a short one. If you use your nice vaporizer, all of the surfaces will be coated in MET.

Don't use a Volcano... It could just fuck up your $525 piece of equipment, though it MAY work (it would probably waste A LOT). I would recommend just using a tweak pipe/'insence oil burner'.

MET! I've ALWAYS wanted to try that stuff. I figured tryptamine->n-ethyl (reductive amination) then exhaustive methylation with methyl iodide followed by a dequat. What's it's legal status outside the US?

i once used a volcano to smoke 5-MeO-DMT, and it worked very well, that's why I was thinking about using one for MET again. unfortunately I cannot say how efficient it was, since we were eyeballing back then).

the dosage question is still unresolved - the big and dandy MET thread is not of much help here, unfortunately.

and of course also more ideas on volcano vs. smoke bubble would also still be appreciated.

Now that you've gotten some feedback on your question, I merged your new thread in with the B&D MET thread, to reduce clutter.

i measured 30 mg MET freebase and gave them in my new smoking bubble. since i never consumed any substance this way before, i had my trouble freebasing it: after heating, it melted, and then vaporised, but while doing so, the liquid MET seemed to run away from my lighter. thats why i only inhaled maybe the half or so of the substance, but this already gave me a distinct effect, which was very distinct from my usual tryptamine-tryps: there were no mayor visuals, but the outher world seemed completely abstract to me. very hard to explain, but a very distinct headspace. this lasted about ten minutes, after which i felt somehow stoned. i smoked marijuana afterwards, so i can't say how long this lasted. i also tried to vaporise the leftovers in several small hits afterwards, which gave me little effects again.

I founf the effects of smoked MET to feell like a strange combination of DMT and Salvia. The girl I shared it withhad a much stronger reation to it than I did. For her it brought back hallucination/memories from her childhood back in Italy, stuff she had repressed. Overall though she said it was worthwhile and very thereputic.

bump !

Did someone eventually tried it with a MAOI ? Wich dose would you find accurate to make a "METhuasca" ?

I have a hunch that MET will be quite effective via IM injection assuming that it shares similar pharmacokinetics with DPT, which I believe it does. 90 mg oral MET did very little for me, but I'd guess that it shares the poor/unpredictable GI availability with DPT (90 mg DPT orally would also do very little). It's possible that 200-250 mg MET oral would do the trick, but that seems wasteful when 50 mg IM would be plenty sufficient.

MAOI would do the trick as well.

Although serotonergics are off-limits for me at the moment, an IM shot of MET (30mg, perhaps?) is probably the first thing I'll be doing if I ever get back into the mood.

I would not risk it with MAOIs, even though I imagine it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Its just that I prefer not to use MAOIs unless absolutely necessary.

Someone told me MET should be more potent via IM than DPT due to increased lipid solubility.