• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy MET Thread

Didn't know that about DPT.

Oral DMT changes lives (IMO). To this day the sun still seems brighter. It would not be a bad thing if MET contained that kind of magic.

Update:

25mg of (shockingly odourless!) MET freebase were dissolved in some sesame oil (thanks for the suggestion nuke :)). It was taken rectally in 3 separate doses spaced over 45 mins. The first dose was taken at 11:45.

It is now 1:05 and I feel no effects. Maybe a very, very vague head sensation but otherwise nothing.

Conclusion: I think we have here the same problem as with DPT: due to some vulnerability to gut MAO, rectal admin. does not hold much more advantage over oral admin.

Edit (reread post, your conclusion answers my question).

That is too bad, so the cost::effect; dose::response may never resolve itself comfortably here, in regards to oral use.

Regardless, anyone who enjoys DMT, please do yourself a favor and try it Orally with an MAOi or insufflate the freebase (which does work, and burns like hell awkening inside your face, without an MAOi).

Last edited:
I took freebase AMT rectally a few times, but it was always as a booster so I can't be sure it worked. But I do believe it worked.

Unfortunately I can't comment on MET. I really should try out that sample.

Jamshyd said:
Update:

25mg of (shockingly odourless!) MET freebase were dissolved in some sesame oil (thanks for the suggestion nuke :)). It was taken rectally in 3 separate doses spaced over 45 mins. The first dose was taken at 11:45.

It is now 1:05 and I feel no effects. Maybe a very, very vague head sensation but otherwise nothing.

Conclusion: I think we have here the same problem as with DPT: due to some vulnerability to gut MAO, rectal admin. does not hold much more advantage over oral admin.

Strange, I don't know why there's a lack of potentiation here either. The 4-XXX-T freebases I've plugged usually fall somewhere around 150% of the dose it would oral. Ah well.

Well when you (or anyone else) gets around to trying it... Keep your fucking tongue away from the stream of vapor!

Damn its nasty. It felt like the stuff was caustic. Everywhere it touched it burned and made me go numb. This dissipated a minute or two after putting the pipe down, but at first it really felt like I'd chemically burned myself. My throat was like that too, but I couldn't feel it as much as on my tongue.

^^DO you think its because it is very basic that coused this? or something else? Do you think it would have a high PH?

I don't know. I didn't test it.

The feeling went away after 1-2min (not real sure of the time, as I was affected a little at this point). I suffered no ill effect after this point.. no soreness, no burns or anything. I could taste everything normally.

just tried it in the 35mg range, It was nice if I had to make a comparison I would say it felt like a cross between Salvia and DMT. I will try it again worthwhile a good learning tool. My only disapointment was that it was not as colorful DMT, and its tough to get that taste out of your mouth.

spun, that taste is ceratinly hard to get out of the mouth aint it?!? Like smoking a styrofoam plate. As soon as finals week is over next week, and I get back from the Everglades with my dad I plan on doing some good testing with this in the 50mg range, Cant wait:)

Good luck trying to smoke 50mg of this stuff. Its pretty hard for me to smoke all the material... it just keeps going and going. I haven't tried more than 30mg in one sitting because it gets to the point where I just can't take another hit of the stuff.

fizzacyst said:
Well when you (or anyone else) gets around to trying it... Keep your fucking tongue away from the stream of vapor!

Damn its nasty. It felt like the stuff was caustic. Everywhere it touched it burned and made me go numb. This dissipated a minute or two after putting the pipe down, but at first it really felt like I'd chemically burned myself. My throat was like that too, but I couldn't feel it as much as on my tongue.

Yeah, I burnt the shit out of the back of my throat trying that for the 1st time. Much harsher than DMT. I agree it felt caustic, particularly in the nose. Ouch!

MET + MAOI ... said it before and I'll say it again. I sure as hell will never try to insufflate this stuff again, and will probably never vaporize it either. MET-huasca! Someday I'll get around to it.

yeah, 30mgs, was akin to a giant hit of pot, a giant plasticy tasting marijuana hit...

Looks like I'll be sticking to the oral route when I get around to trying this. Actually, with the exception of 5-MeO-DMT...I "believe" psychedelics were "meant" to be taken orally anyway so I'll stick with what works best.

Has anybody IM’d this yet (I’ve only seen it mentioned as probably the best route overall as well as speculation about dosing but don’t recall experiences)? I can get the hydrochloride and am interested in dosage ranges before I buy/try. Oral seems wasteful (though maybe not with an maoi), insufflation seems painful, and the general conscientious on smoking the freebase seems to be that it is difficult. MET (along with 4-AcO-DMT) is on the surface at least, about the most interesting “RC” ever made available. Someone brave and already holding please give it a chance at its full potential (IM or oral w/maoi) and report back.

I will most likely try MET via IM injection, after I try it orally. Knowing me though it would probably be a long while until I get to either one. Those PEAs always take priority.

This thread has just been cleaned up.

EVERYTHING BEFORE THIS POST HAS BEEN CLEANED

Last edited by a moderator:
This drug seems to have jumped into and then right out of the radar, perhaps due to the reported difficulty of vaporising a sufficient dose. Are there any further thoughts/experiences - particularly with oral delivery?

smoked... sprinkled a little into a joint. Subtle but real. But the nastiest of tastes, yuk! Later added a few mg's of 4-meO-Mipt into another joint and the combo is euphoric!! Subtle but euphoric. I was reminded of the silly smoked DPT mindstate (DPT at threshold levels).

I dunno what to make of this MET yet - it really tastes so bad when smoked.

30mg in a vapor pipe did not taste any worse than DPT and had a similar onset and duration, though the peak takes a little longer to reach its apex - not like the instant onset of smoked DMT or 5meoDMT. Visuals were more subdued than DMT, though this dose is still low for this compound. Eyes closed, the imagery with rich and unique in character compared to the CEVs experienced with other tryptamines. There was a mild sensual aspect like DPT, but without any of the strong stimulation. It is difficult to acheive the full entheogenic potential of this material with vaporization, but it is promising as a pharmahuasca admixture and worth the effort if nothing else because the effects are unique and so far the material is very friendly.