Votes: 251 20.7%
  • once a week

Votes: 154 12.7%
  • twice a week

Votes: 56 4.6%
  • everyday until I run out

Votes: 50 4.1%

• Total voters
I eat a little bit of mushrooms around every 6 months or so to kick my ass back into order.

About every four months, but I smoke buds at least once a month, which sometimes makes me, well, trip nuts.

I voted for once a month, although it has been higher in the past.. My last trip was last week, before that I had a rough experience with LSA which not scared me away from psychedelics, but made me think about them twice.. That was on Christmas eve, if I remember correctly.

Btw, excellent idea for a poll !! :)

i said twice a month, but once a wekk is a better, i would liike to every week. but only do it everyso often. and i am counting DXM.

Well I wasn't quite sure how to answer, since my history with psychedelics is not long and my very recent history is an aberration. But over the last 4-6 weeks I've been a bad boy and been tripping more than once a week.

Almost all of this is on LSD, at moderate to low doses at which I can basically still function. Obviously, or my life would come to a screeching halt. The only explanation I can give is that it makes my entirely pleasant, easy and predictable life, a little more interesting.

I trip on research chemicals about twice a month, mostly because I am new to them and impatient to try lots of different ones. I'm kind of afraid if I took my time, they would all be scheduled before I have enough time to experience them all. So I think 2004 might be my binge year.

Anyway, I'm the last one to defend weekly tripping as a long-term habit, even on something "well studied" like LSD. But that's my current situation. If I lose my job, my house and my wife over this, I'll graciously allow you all to learn from my experience. ;)

But I have a feeling in the end I'll get bored or strung out and taking a long break will start to sound nice. This is always what happens to me with other substances - after a while stone cold sober starts to seem like its own kind of trip; it becomes the exception instead of the rule, and the exception is always more attractive.

In the past this dynamic has actually led to some of my wisest and most progressive life decisions - like after quitting pot for a year, I also quit a career I was fed up with and went backpacking solo in Australia for six weeks. One of the greatest things I've ever done.

Last edited:
There should be another catagory for "seasonal trippers." I have not taken a psychedelic since last October because I must be outside to trip. I live in one of the most beautiful areas in the USA (Rocky Mountains) and it almost seems insulting to the trip to take it indoors and stare at walls, when I can take it outside in the warm sun, climb a mountain, and just be one with all. Prefer to see mountains, grass, leaves, animals, clouds and feel the warm Colorado sun on my face, to being in my house and looking at walls and books and other such things.

Like I said, it's just a waste. And I think anyone who ever experienced what I have in the mountains would feel the same way. What I love most is I can get on my bike and ride for 20 minutes into the foothills and then finding a private spot. People don't bother you when you are hiking or just hanging out in nature.

It's so easy to "get away from everythign here" but I grew up in a very large city (St. Louis) and there are people and cars everywhere. There literally is no place to get away without having to get into your car and driving for a hour. I don't know how people can stand living in big cities, but to each is own. Small-town life is the way I like it.

During the summer, I may trip 2 or 3 times a month. Then when winter comes, I quit.

Last edited:
When I had access to mushrooms, we were tripping about once every 10 days or so. With the occasional 3 trips in 2 days. :\

Now I can't seem to find any around here, or anyone that has any. :(

on the poll i said about once a month... probably true now, maybe less. I've definitely slowed down a bit with tripping since I started using E on a regular basis. but i've had my share of trip-binges...last summer tripped on acid 3 times in one week, 2 days in a row at one point, it was completely insane. And regrettably when i was alot younger, and did some stuuupiid shit me and a friend would eat dramamine just about every day
8(

As often as:

1) I am in the mood

2)Tolerance will permit

3) It will not cause my to be hallucinating during work and family obligations. (Used to be tripping on my job and in front of family- too much respect for that now!).

What do Bluelighters consider a trip?

For instance a dose of 20-25 mg of 4-OH-DIPT for me causes euphoria and a more fluid flow of ideas but does not cause much more than tactile/ visual/ sensual enhancement.

To me a trip is a conscious dream state in which I begin to detach from my physical environment with intense sensory distortion....LSD, Mesc, 5-MEO-DMT, 2-CE, "K", DPT ....I have a hard time consdiering 2-CI a "trip"- more like a reality enhancer....

Voted once a month.... I'm, more or less, a seasonal tripper as well. Take a whole year, average it, and once a month will be the score.

I used to trip up to 3 times a week in my late teens. On primarily LSD and during the two months when mushrooms are in season just as much. Nowdays I have lost the love for tripping. With the exception of research chem's and short acting psychedelics, such as Salvia and N,N DMT. Phenethlymines such as 2-CB and 2-C-T-2 are used when available.

Jesus Verga said:
What do Bluelighters consider a trip?

For instance a dose of 20-25 mg of 4-OH-DIPT for me causes euphoria and a more fluid flow of ideas but does not cause much more than tactile/ visual/ sensual enhancement.

I have a hard time consdiering 2-CI a "trip"- more like a reality enhancer....

You must have some serious issues with tolerance. I found 14mg of iprocin rather strong, and 24mg to be out-of-body otherworldy in nature. And 2C-I is quite psychedelic. I've had one true mystical experience, and at lower dosages it makes for a fantastic night of deep introspection and pretty visuals. Not to mention a few close friend who love 2C-I and have had intense, profound psychedelic experiences.

/me is glad he doesn't need much of these one-day hard to get chemicals.

Jesus Verga said:
As often as:

1) I am in the mood

2)Tolerance will permit

that second reason scares me a little bit, and is the reason I wanted to start this poll. I personally don't care how much tolerance a chemical has, because there is absolutely no way that I would be doing it again in less than two weeks time.

When I was younger I would want to trip as much as possible, it seemed like a macho thing to do complete with bragging rights. but i got really tired. moderation is key.

Once every couple weeks...

I used to trip even more often, but there are a number of drugs that I've essentially deemed useless. In fact, the only drugs left on my list because of their value for personal development are LSD, mushrooms, and mescaline.

LSD to show me what a gift it is to be human, and what it means to be a man.

Mushrooms to show me that their is a higher power.

Mescaline to show me what it means to be an inhabitant of Earth.

I voted for "Once a week" - though I consider weed and MDMA as "trips."

I wouldn't call myself "seasonal" - however it seems like I go through "episodes" of psychedelic use. Usually, there is something in the unconscious wanting to float to the surface, so it pushes me to talke a psychedelic.

I will be honest and say that sometimes I find myself needing to trip even more than once each week in order to achieve this, but once it is achieved, I go into long breaks where seldom any drugs are taken...

I also often trip indoors (usually lying down), on my own as well. Probably because much of mypsychedelic use is therapeutic in nature. However, I totally agree that tripping outdoors is far more impressive.

Last edited:
You must have some serious issues with tolerance...

I come by this naturally. My "psychedelic threshold" is pretty high to begin with.

Ever since early childhood, I have been able to recall vivid images within my mind and examine these images as one would examine a photograph. People have often thought I was shifty or crazy because when I talk to them I will often look up to the left as I visualize what I am trying to say (viewing pictures and text held in my mind's eye).

My theory about drugs is that people gravitate toward substances that reflect their preexisting personality (eg. a laid-back type will seek opiates and downers, an intense person will favor stimulants, a visionary dreamer type will love hallucinogens).

The first time I did a large dose of LSD it felt a very natural for me- deeply at home. I was never able to do small doses enjoyably- 50-100 mcgs puts me at an in between place- just a little off kilter and out of sorts. I need at least 200 mcgs to enjoy it- no matter how many years between doses.

Certain compounds I have tried I have little tolerance for. 5mg of 5-MEO-DMT will, when smoked, cause a psychotic reaction and panic attack . 60mg of DPT IM will do likewise ( I can only take 25mg IM...mgs does 60 or 80mg IM...I would get a seizure from 80mg).

treefingers49 said:
2ci a reality enhancer? i've had some pretty deep introspective trips on this substance.

I went shopping at the super walmart on 20mg of 2C-I before a party.. my visual field was all crazy but my mind was only worried about if I had read the price tag thing on the powerade right.

2C-I is a visual parade if anything. 2C-I is very reliable for me.. it is recreational. That puts it in a new class of psychedelic really.

2C-I isn't really an Entheogen. Ott coined the word and it literally means "Substances which generate god or spirit within."

theo=god,spirit
gen=creation

Full Definition

ENTHEOGEN nov. verb.:

'God within us', those plant substances that, when ingested, give one a divine experience, in the past commonly called 'hallucinogens', 'psychedelics', 'psychotomimetics', etc etc, to each of which serious objections can be made. A group headed by the Greek scholar Carl A.P. Ruck advances 'entheogen' as fully filling the need, notably catching the rich cultural resonances evoked by the substances, many of them fungal, over vast areas of the world in proto- and prehistory. See Journal of Psychedelic Drugs Vol 11.1-2, 1979, pp 145-6. We favor the adoption of this word. Early Man, throughout much of Eurasia and the Americas, discovered the properties of these substances and regarded them with profound respect and even awe, hedging them about with bonds of secrecy. We are now rediscovering the secret and we should treat the 'entheogens' with the respect to which they were richly entitled. As we undertake to explore their role in the early history of religions, we should call them by a name unvulgarized by hippy abuse."

Anyway :)

I do two STRONG mushroom (50+gram wet) sessions a year. After the first spring harvest and and the first fall harvest.

I do these sessions with a sitter who uses a level 2 dose and I've got six spots within a 1 hour drive where even if I got naked and screamed no one would hear me.

We set up a tent and start a small fire. Sometimes an insense balll is lit (burns for 6 hours at least.)

These are my spiritual Shamanic training sessions during which I work toward the ability to attain and control the hyperdementional trance; the result of cumulative conditioning and mental training. The goal of every Shaman is to be able to acheive ego-loss every session. I am a poor Shaman, after 12 years or so I have only achieved this 4 times.

Beyond those I tend to try new substances as they come along and every 3 years or so I have a Mescaline session.

I also use DMT extracted by A/B and vaporized every once in a while but I'm not a fan of Ayahuasca.. I beleive a Shaman should use the tools that can be found in the local enviroment.

I do not, however, train using the traditional old world velada sacred mushroom ceremony used by the Mazatec shaman healers.

As it stands with the war on thought I am a shaman who works only on my own spirituality (for now.)

I'm currently looking at all the 2C's for use as spiritual tools.

Initial work done with mixng 2C's and organics have me very excited!

I have found 2C-E with fresh mushrooms might be the "golden gun" I have been looking for.

Between Sally, shrooms, LSD, and all that stuf it's about once a week. Of course I might do it 2-3 times in a weekend sometimes, but whatever.