• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Ephenidine (N-ethyl-1,2-diphenylethylamine) Thread

^ Could you describe the nature of an Ephenidine "hole" in more detail for you?

Is it a visual journey of similar nature to ketamine or ACH holes, or something else?

I just don't get it, either there is huge variation in the ephenidine batches going round or significant individual variation in responses to this drug. 200mg for me would be very mild, and honestly I never noticed any particular stimulation from ephenidine, although it's possible there was some, just masked by the dissociation... I didn't even "hole" off 600mg oral - at least as I understand what a "hole" is, ie, a complete dissociation from reality and sensation of being somewhere else.

How would you compare the potency of rectal to oral ephenidine? Any difference in come up and duration with this MOA?

Visual journeys and synchronicities are possible, but not generally necessary. If there are hallucinations, they dovetail peculiarly seamlessly into reality. I recognize it by the degree of neurological destabilization. Once we can somehow measure quantum coherence in the brain directly, it can probably be defined in such terms. This might explain the sense of infinite possibilities that comes with it.

What seems to be consistently present in a holing state is that the fundamental indivisiveness of the universe which mystics and scientists talk about becomes a matter of direct perception. Lower doses can hint towards it, but it becomes undeniably obvious in the holing state.

Maybe that's putting the bar too low, and it would make more sense to call nothing below complete and utter disconnection a hole. I'm basing it on MXE experiences, where often crazier things happened without being off travelling as a beam of light. The gap between living in consensus reality and "breaking" it feels more significant than having the last semblances of familiarity fall away.

Rectal is much more potent, and has a come-up of only a couple of minutes. Stimulation becomes more obvious, if only through the little stim crash that comes with it. I can see how stimulation wouldn't be that noticeable with oral, which smooths it out. But 600mg is a lot! Not sure what's going on here either. There is a psychological component to holing, but damn.. 600mg without tolerance you're saying?

So rectal duration is less in the sense that the simulation comes down after an hour or two. But dissociation lingers as dissociation tends to do, so in that sense the duration measures up to oral.. I guess. I always redose rectally, so I haven't really compared 1-on-1. Everything considered it's definitely the expedient route of the two, despite a little more rough.

I think holes are more delusional that hallucinatory. I get what you're saying about breaking reality being stranger than just leaving reality behind entirely..

Ketamine is the prototypical hole experience, but I think that the more manic dissociatives can still reach a type of hole where reality is entirely.. different. Like your own instance of reality, where everything is relative and highly personal and delusions of reference galore. In this state, I don't even have too many visual distortions (except the ultra-hd and gloss effects), so they're not very visual, and definitely not the soaring landscapes of ketamine or DXM.. but they're still way far out there.

For relevance sake, if this sort of mindstate is common on ephenidine, I'm buying some. I've been eyeballing it for a while anyway, I think I'm gonna pull the trigger next check.

Did you have trouble with customs, if you're stateside, that is?

Ultra-HD, yes that's another one! Alice-in-Wonderland symptoms. I've only been reaching these effects with combining ROA, so calling them common would be misleading. But they seem to be possible if dosed both orally and rectally. I've yet to produce it without weed, but I pretty much only microdose weed nowadays, so that might not even be relevant.

I'm on the old continent, can't comment on customs. But even I have had a shipment not arrive before, definitely be picky concerning sources.

Good looking out, that's the only reason I've held off for so long in the first place.

I'm actually not smoking weed right now either, and frankly, I was never using dissociatives without blazing, so it's weird. And I'm definitely not getting to the same places as before..

Currently able to enjoy 100mg rectally, chewing on some ginger. Finally seeing what ginger does for the gut. Weird how nausea comes in flavours.

Putting the root through the front while launching the EPE through the back is very unintuitive, but it works.

Or not. Reinstating skepsis on ginger. Lemme go clean the bucket.

A multivitamin or two seems to be fixing the worrying immune system symptoms.

Last edited:
Hello dear buelighters, i have 1g of Ephenidine at home and can give it a try alone for Thursday in the evening (23 P.M.) till midday (i guess) or for Friday in the morning till end of day (i guess).

6 years ago i loved far MXE, but since these days i became more cautionous and safe, that mean i was doing MXE without scale or anything, without even knowing other ROA than nasal nor what dosages was.
What would be a good dose to not be underwhelmed but also gently tame the experience (underwhelming like overwhelming first experiences can lead to incomprehension of what the substance is), i want something consistent but not to touch ephe's stars for the first time, i'll do it orally (i don't have such a tolerance as i have done ket last week but haven't before for ~3months).

My way for dissociatives is to do them alone and generally in my room, where the sunset can shine really brightly with a large view (i remember my first mxe line, i was in a field with a friend, with some goa music and looking at the sunset, it was purely magnificent with so much emotions).

I would like take EPE alone at home during the day so, but my roomate is here and, even if drugs isn't a problem, i know it can affect the appreciation of a new disso (because people in a dissociated field can disrupt everything ime).

For you is it a disso that shine the day or the night (strange question as i couldn't answer for MXE, took the day was always uplifting and pure beauty when during the night it was totally deep nostalgia with way more introspection).

Thanks you all <3

Last edited:
I'd say this one tends towards a day drug, because of the stimulation component.. but that depends on whether you fancy nightly activities I'm sure. Be warned that sitting around dissociated watching stuff is therefore more challenging than usual. I don't play video games anymore, but I make an exception for ephenidine because it just perfectly accommodates the mixture of energies. You can still kinda aim for the meditative state while you're channeling the agitation into interactive electronics.

I get the impression Xorkoth's 60mg has been underwhelming. So I'd definitely advocate at least 100mg.. maybe up to 200mg if you feel adventurous, especially if you have CBD, benzos or some alcohol around to smooth it out. Because truth to be said EPE on its own is rather quirky if you're used to K and MXE.

But don't let that put you off. Once you grow acquainted with the stimulation and learn to tolerate or even enjoy it, it's one of the cleanest K/MXE dissociation alternatives that's been around after the ban. At least if you redose in small increments. Dosing high does tend to bring out more of the weirdness.. which can be somewhat mitigated by tea btw.

Hope that helps. Enjoy! :)

That's help a lot as i have read a lot of report of the weirdness of EPE but also a lot who claims its magic as nice (in a different way) as MXE (i don't wanna take EPE as if it was MXE, just that is we can compare so we do).
By redosing in small increments, which timeline/scaling would be a good way ? begining with 100mg, waiting 2-3h and then if i needed increment 30mg ? more ?

Something like that. Start with 100mg, the effects shows in about an hour. Evaluate the state for as long as you want, then redose 100mg. You could go for smaller redoses, but the changes might get imperceptible.

Do note that especially with stacked doses it becomes quite hard to catch sleep in the end, more so than with K. And the down has a bit of a stim crash feel to it, so it's quite unpleasant if you don't prepare for it, even though the oral ROA in itself already mitigates it somewhat, being the smoothest route in general for the dissociative class.

Yuuuuup thanks (wasn't aware that the stimulation was that prominent with EPE, erh, i don't like it that much, but we'll see)
I'll catch the waves for sure 👾

Oh I don't want to overstate it either. It's on the forefront of my mind since I almost only plug it. It hits immediately that way, making it very more-ish, making the stacks quite towering, the insomnia undeniable and the crash quite nasty, which loops back into redosing, etc... Chances are you won't even notice with a couple of 100mgs oral! ☁ <--

I really love the stimmy glow of ephenidine. I did hole once, but all I remember is my parents waking me up in their garden and me telling them I'd been communicating with aliens and was going to save the world.

This was while tapering off etizolam powder so I went a bit wild that spring/summer; not my usual conduct thankfully. Great anti-depressent though.

Are you sure you're not confusing ephenidine for diphenidine there? Waking up naked amidst broken chair pieces in your mother's garden without any recollection of how the bloody heck you got there is a diphenidine type of trip report.

I.. uhm.. read about that.. yeah that's how I know.. :whistle:

Are you sure you're not confusing ephenidine for diphenidine there? Waking up naked amidst broken chair pieces in your mother's garden without any recollection of how the bloody heck you got there is a diphenidine type of trip report.

I.. uhm.. read about that.. yeah that's how I know.. :whistle:

No, I had diphenidine too. No glow, more just dissociative fuzz, and it smells and tastes exactly like a dental surgery/hospitals/doctors. It even sort of feels like that, the sensation is so strong.

Last question : for doses between 100 & 200mg how long is the "peak" (even if its hard to define) and overall residual stimulation-dissociation ?

Fuck knows.

No really, it's not for riding out. It's for filling your schedule.

j/k you'll be fine when you catch sleep, just residual dissociative upfiltiness..
..providing you can catch sleep of couse..

Currently (night here) on my first 100mg, this is a world, it flows and uplifts, not as immersive as 2fdck/k nor MXE but damn so clean euphoria & cloudy dissociation, happy things happening

Last edited:
This may be an unhelpful post but that tragic death early on in Diphenidine testing turned me off to the whole family.
Some families I steer clear of, and the phenidines are one.