View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DMT Thread - The Fifth Symphony

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol everyone thinks I'm talking about 5-MeO-DMT when I talk about a difficult DMT trip.

He definitely did DMT not 5-MeO-DMT.

Has anyone been blasted off to hell with large DMT doses? See my post 4 posts up.

Your buddy considers it a pure spiritual experience and I would agree. DMT certainly isn't all love and roses however much it may seem like it. My guess is that something was awry with the preparation or intention that went unnoticed before blasting off. It is difficult to explain almost any part of the voyage past the initial physical effects. I've been sent to hell before on DMT and in that instance I knew that I wasn't treating the compound with the proper respect. I was using it as an escape which it swiftly and properly bitchslapped me for.

I don't want to trawl through thes 38 pages - so I will ask here.

I know if you combine a MAOI herb in a brew with DMT Fumarate (Syrian RUe, B.Caapi, etc blah blah?), it will be "pharm-huasca"...

BUT what about smoking DMT at the same time as smoking these herbs?? Does that potentiate the DMT enough that a breakthrough will last longer than 10-15 mins full effects??

Or would one have to make a brew of MAOI herbs, then smoke the DMT?

I have recently started to make my own DMT so I can have some whenever I want, and having smoked some but not broken through quite yet - I didn't close my eyes, but I did have this whooshing noise, and this massive energy surge from the crown of my head, moving quickly downwards, and have visuals in the blackness (which lasted probably all of 5 seconds, with eyes open) which I would describe as a torn hole into another dimension...like I tore a hole, but didn't have enough inertia to be blasted through.

Then I had another experience last night, in the dark, with just a candle in the room, where I closed my eyes, and only took 2 hits (I burnt it accidentally on the 2nd), and saw a faint kaleidoscope-esque green/blue pattern, accentuated with black in the darkness around it, combined with a gentle energy surge, but no noise...WHen I opened my eyes, everything seemed sharper, but somewhat surreal.

Last edited:
Ahaaa. So that IS what changa is - I thought changa was a naturally DMT-containing herb/MAOI herb blend.

I know the DMT Nexus, will look into it...thanks.

I highly recommend playing around with changa.

Taking an MAOI orally and then smoking DMT= fumahuasca I believe, smoking DMT With MAOI= changa

Both I've found to be an awesome improvement to an already awesome experience.

Oh really?? How much longer does the experience last on average?? I'd like to know, I'm sure it's worth it...

Also what would people's favourite MAOI herbs be? Are there any I should look to avoid smoking??
I'm REALLY not into anything that would make me vomit, that's fine for an oral dose as you have to purge for the experience to really start kicking off (from what I've heard), but smoking DMT is so sudden I can't think of anything worse.

a good way to do it is to extract maois from syrian rue (easy and cheap, check erowid for directions). i was never a huge fan of changa but am a HUGE fan of smoking dmt after ingesting maois. in fact i wouldnt smoke dmt any other way anymore.

there are ways to keep from purging on oral dmt (i actually prefer oral to smoked as it is a much more involved and integrating experience compared to smoking)

I use 10x caapi leaf to make changa.
Changa doesn't massively lengthen the trip for me but makes it more enjoyable. The onset is smoother and it's less confusing, I feel more in control. Also the visuals take on more of a liquid feel, not so geometric. The afterglow is amazing.

Another thing I like is you can make a changa spliff and just puff away going deeper and deeper untill you find your level, your not rushing to try and get 3 big hits in like with freebase. Great if your with a group of friends.

I haven't tried mixing in any other herbs like the changa dudes at dmt nexus do as i'm not a big believer in plant spirits etc and that kind of talk puts me off, but you might want to try it.
Lots of info here - https://www.dmt-nexus.com/forum/default.aspx?g=topics&f=58

Never had any nausea smoking DMT including changa.

You dont even need to extract the Syrian Rue. Put 1 slightly heaping teaspoon of seed in a coffee bean grinder and powder it. Put it like half a spoon at a time on the back of your tongue and down it with a couple gulps of something very sweet like probably orange or pineapple juice, repeat till gone.

Very well tolerated by stomach IMO. You can feel the slightly fuzzy MAOI effect in about 45 mins, actually pretty pleasant and slightly trippy on its own (and potentiates Weed smoking nicely, making even that more psychedelic than usual, by the way.) Actually there may be additional alkaloids you get this way that you would miss using extraction that feel nice.

You're now ready for a real DMT experience.

So other than a two hit intro to dmt many months ago, my experience as been nil until recently. I have a decent amount to explore with... But I keep running into this intense panic state where I'm being told to not take more or I'll lose my mind/heart will explode.

I am in my early twenties with no real physical maladies to speak of. I do have a lengthy history of mental illness that runs on both sides of my family. (everything from mood disorders to schizophrenia) Despite this, I have tripped in the 500-1000 times range (predominantly 2c-e and LSD) and have never really had any troubles... But pre-breakthrough doses seriously make me feel like I'm going to lose it permanently.

Is this a normal occurrence prior to ones first break through or does this stem from some potentially latent mental illness? I know I'm still not completely out of the ballpark for schizophrenia to onset.

P.s. In case it was unclear above. I've never had any problem with mental illness myself. Was just mentioning that it runs throughout my family.

Any advice or tips anyone may be able to help me with this predicament?

Well, that's a very high amount to have tripped - personally I think that's a massive exaggeration, BUT anyway...but seems you could be safe...I mean if you have a big family history of mental illness, it sounds like it could've skipped you, luckily, hopefully.

Could you possilby elaborate on this freaking out on pre-breakthrough doses?? I'm sure to a degree that's normal whilst getting used to the sudden surge you get.

You are correct in that the 500-1000 range is estimation... However, I know Ive personally eaten over 10g of 2c-e in the past ~6 years and never taken the dosage higher than 30mg.

As far as the state of panic goes, It's like suddenly every nerve in my body is on edge. I'm suddenly incredibly aware of this immediate energy surge. Colors intensify and I tend to get CEV "static". The real fear though is purely mental. Having your entire reality go from normal to super sharp by the time you exhale. This last attempt I heard my inner voice tell me that I shouldn't take another hit... That the experience may be too much to handle.

I kind of think that it may just be my ego is fighting hard with dmt and at higher doses, that's simply not possible.

Also. Just to clear it up, I no longer abuse psychedelics in the way I did previously with a lot of the phenethylamines (predominantly 2c-e and 2c-I) I now only trip once every couple of months. I also do a lot of meditation and I state my intentions before attempting to smoke dmt. It's just when the time comes to take the last hit, I always back out. :(

Last edited:
I think that's pretty normal - I'm kinda still there...I think that personally I'm finding it quite harsh smoke - need to train my virgin lungs (I no longer smoke cigarettes and barely smoke weed at teh mo) up again...But hey - babysteps towards just letting go eyy dude? No?? :)

Sends you into a wild blue funk...mmm <3 It gives me mad energy surges from top to bottom, and splits my reality in 2...ok this one's a lie, I haven't broken though entirely yet (thinking about trying again tonight...there's no rush though, I have plenty lying around ;) ), but soooooon.

Status
Not open for further replies.