PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DMT Thread - The Fifth Symphony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try this resource:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=409844

I would recommend taking turns and trying a little amount (15-20mg) before a big amount (40-50+mg). It's not all or nothing, tho you will know when a breakthrough is achieved--even if that word means different things to different people. The comeup is intense; the comedown is euphoric. You can expect an afterglow.

Your questions are all pretty subjective, and depend on the dose and person. It isn't all or nothing with DMT, that one I can answer. You can smoke smaller doses and not breakthrough, and have an intense trip that lasts 5 to 7 minutes.

I've had trips that felt like eternities and ones that felt like a split second, but I actually haven't had what I'd consider a bad DMT trip yet so I can't tell you how it feels to have time stand still when things are going rough. If you smoke a breakthrough dose, there is no sense of you or the room around you IME, it's very fast though and easy to integrate back into reality.

The onset of the trip for me consists of my body vibrating very fast and a strange euphoria that almost feels like I'm covered in water. My heart beats faster and then fractalness takes over my vision, and if I did everything right about a second or two after I lay down I dissolve into infinity.

Coming out of the trip is always strange, I get broken thoughts that usually consist of me being a human, then a human with a name, then more clarity as I recall what I just went through, while still feeling really strange, but good. I usually lay in the same spot for 10 or 20 minutes after a breakthrough, just to try and extract as much as I can from it.

This post is getting long, but words can't touch the DMT experience so it's hard to explain. Also, I just want to repeat what other posters have said, you should work your way up to DMT, try and do acid or mushrooms first to get a feel of where it takes you, because it is overwhelming, and that can be good or bad depending on past experiences/who you are/your mind/etc.

If you have researched this and are wanting to do it, Then Just jump in balls deep right away. The longer you think about it the more anxieties you will have. For me , the first time I smoked DMT was the most I have smoked in one go. Because it was so intensely unexplainable that I cant get up the courage to smoke that much again. But I am saying this with the amount I smoked being something I am very happy I did. Its hard to explain because Even though no one that I know has had an unpleasant experience at all with DMt, we are all still a bit scared to smoke it each time.... youll see what I mean after you have done it. I say smoke it individually but make sure to smoke a lot and hold your hits, DMT is so fucking amazing, If you smoke enough you will open your eyes up in a few minutes and not be able to believe what you just experienced, the come down is very euphoric too.

Have fun. With DMT I like to take turns smoking it because its not like other trips where you will be talking to eachother while your tripping, after the trip you will want to share what happenned, but i recomend taking turns, seems more right with DMT for me.

You will have a sense of time, thought its not as accurate as when sober, and you will still be you with your same thought processes and everything, so dont worry about that.

^^^?

Taking turns is a good idea although,
I don't think its accurate to say your thought processes remain intact?

I've come back from a DMT trip and I had no recollection of having done a drug, and I couldn't recognize my roommates at all. I was freaked out asking them, "What have we been around today?!?!! Something must of seeped into my skin, something is happening to me?!!!"

It took a couple minutes to remember that I had just smoke DMT 6 minutes before and everything was fine.

My example is also a good reason to take turns, and not all DMT trips turn out that way either...

Of course your thought proceses are different after smoking dmt, but what I meant to say is that you are still very much aware of things ,and you are still you, its not like other psychedelics that will make you think about things in an extremely different , uneasy way.... I find my head is in the closest space to sober as any psychedlic ive ever done, when Im on DMT.

Its like, smoke dmt, then teleport to another dimension and watch something happen. Where as other psyches sometimes are like, do the drug, then have things happen in your head.... I guess with DMT it seems more like im observing something than actually having something happen within me... the more i try to explain this the harder it is to make sense, so im gona say just SMOKE IT!!! you can try to prepare for ages but youll have no idea what your in for until you actually do it.

Thank you thank you thank you- though I would like to get experience with another psychedelic first (and I might, we have no reason to rush into this together- the DMT will be locked away safely), I may just do DMT as my first psychedelic. I feel like all the reading, watching, and discussion can never prepare me for something like DMT...but it's certainly good to know for my own peace of mind. I am sure of one thing- we will take turns doing it. Just seems safer, even if there is minimal risk factor, and I think seeing a person trip will remove some anxiety.

yes, seeing someone trip on dmt removes a lot of the anxiety as you see them sitting in total peace with their eyes closed and a huge smile on there face.

^^ that's not how it goes for everyone
some people look they are having a very rough time. even if they are not

so in this case i'm not certain that taking turn is the best

the onset is... what onset?
you see that star in the night sky?
getting from your body to that star in 3 seconds and as soon as arrived, it's already doctor parnassus on mushrooms world
that's the "onset"

also, apart from being scared there's no physical danger (if you put yourself in a safe place), so as i'm in a "fuck it all" phase, i'll say "do it"

you'll never get as cheap a ticket to another dimension

You DO want to take turns. You want to make sure people don't drop the pipe or bong, and you want to take it away from them when they are done so they dont like lay on it. Always take turns, or at least make sure a sober person (well somewhat) is there to take your pipe away from you.

And be prepared to lay down right after smoking. Like on a couch or bed. I would recommend like 20-25mg amounts at first, that is a great "taste" without a breakthrough. I haven't seen anyone personally (though I'm not saying there isn't anyone) freak out on 25mg of DMT. Even a psych virgin who I don't think would like acid liked it.

Because it really happens so quickly, you don't have time to really freak out (I'm talking about 25mg, not breakthrough). It comes on so quickly, feels amazing and cleansing and beautiful, and at that dose it really doesn't have too much of a mind fuck (where someone would flip) in my experience. It's like, once you realized what happened it's fading away. It does, however, feel like a full trip.

Breakthrough doses are extremely different and I wasn't commenting on that. If your DMT is very pure, you CAN break through on as little as 35mg, just make sure you get and hold in all that smoke and don't waste it. And a lot of times, when smoking DMT, you'll take a hit, and you'll feel it coming on quickly, so you might think you are "good" and don't need more. I would recommend hitting it until all 25mg is gone.

yes, seeing someone trip on dmt removes a lot of the anxiety as you see them sitting in total peace with their eyes closed and a huge smile on there face.

I try not to watch people as they experience DMT.. to let them experience it without any influence. Especially if someone asks a question, you cant understand them let alone speak.. yet your aware that this 'thing' is directing its attention towards you, which can cause a panic in some people.

Last edited:
i agree 100% with psilocybonaut's post.

dmt is an extemely forgiving psychedelic at sub-breakthrough doses. i've smoked dmt lots of times and have never had an unpleasant experience while with acid or shrooms nearly one third of my trips have been difficult at times...

I try not to watch people as they experience DMT.. to let them experience it without any influence. Especially if someone asks a question, you cant understand them let alone speak.. yet your aware that this 'thing' is directing its attention towards you, which can cause a panic in some people.

I thought about this recently, I would defiantly not want those underlying feelings coming across to me when I was in another dimension.

Hey, i havent read other peoples responses, im just going to answer Bsiren's original post.

Bsiren,

if you want the best expereince i suggest you read my entire post (this goes for anyone really)

Dmt is a great first psychedelic. Just make sure you do it right your first time!!
I used to give people dmt that have never had psychs before and they all love it.

The thing is, take some efforts to make it real good your first time out. Heres a list of things to follow:

dont think about it too much while your about to do it, when your on it, dont think about thinking. really, what im trying to say is dont get nervous or anything, its really not that big of a deal.
the thing here is that if you are nervous and only go half way that youll be stuck in a middle state, both tripping and not quite completely emmersed in the dmt space. you WANT to be completely there, or the expereince will be akward. very akward.
so, lets say your on your second hit and you feel like "WOAH MAN IM TRIPPIN BALLSASLALready". your not. not compared to where you (trust me) want to be. your expereince will not be all it can. the dosage is like exponential in effect.
what im saying is, even if you are kinda freaked by your second hit
1. GO ALL THE WAY.
3-4 hits, each inhaled slowly then held in for 10 full seconds (by your last hit time will be extremely illusive, in which case you will have to rely completely on intuition. by that time your in the clear ;D )
dont burn the dmt (if its on fire thats bad, put it out) just cook it real nice like, a carrier herb helps. try mullien (its the best, and a little lemony)

another thing that alot of people miss is a naturally relaxed state of your body prior to the expereince.
your heart beats and pumps blood all around the body.
let me tell you something about your lymphatic system.
it does not. when your body is cleaning itself of dead cells and toxic crap it goes into your lymph system. it will sit there until your muscles and skeleton push it to where it needs to be (your chest, where you cough it up and swallow it).

if you are sedentary this can lead to a short life (build up of lymph makes you feel crappy and your blood pressure gets higher because theres more pressure all over your body).
if you are an active person and move your lymph around alot this wont be a problem, and you will generally feel good all the time.

how does this apply to a DMT trip?

well, when all your lymph is pushed its similar to taking a fresh breath of air if your holding your breath (think about how if your blood wasnt pumped it would just sit there and your cells would die from no oxygen). You will feel less pressure on your body and the important part is that YOU CAN FEEL THINGS AND SENSE THINGS more readily. your senses will be hieghtened and your skin will feel nice all over. prior to a DMT trip you want to be as comfortable as possible, and this will definitly help.

if you havent tried moving every muscle in your body until you start swallowing a bunch of lymph you should try it (dont forget your eye muslces!) you will feel and sense things you didnt know were a part of life.

so
2. excersize and do some yoga and GET LOOSE, shake around a bit until you dont have any tension in your body or mind.

another interesting thing that lies along the same lines as the last point is other pressures in the body. you dont want to do DMT on a full stomach. you also dont want to have to use the bathroom before a trip. diuretics like rosemary tea will make you feel GREAT after you pee from the releved stress in your body. it will also help to detox a little before the trip.

3. fast a little bit and get things flowing.

fast that day (it will do alot more than just make it so you dont have a full stomach; when you dont eat your body enters a state of hunger, of desire, and other things on your mind take a lesser priority, or well, really you reprioritize things, giving you insight into your life that you cant do otherwise). this is good before a trip.

drink some rosemary tea (crush up some rosemary leaves, put them in a coffee filter and pour hot water over it, just enough to cover it until it drips through, then do a little more etc..) wait for a bit, take a nice long piss and dance a little bit prior to tripping.

more things for when doing it with a group of people:

when you and your friends are taking turns on the peice, i sugest that whoever wants the strongest expereince not go first!
it might be resin in the pipe, or the fact that its already heated up or something, but for whatever reason in allll my expereinces i have found the second person to go always has a WAY stronger trip. if your introducing people to it a good trick you can do is to hit it first to show them its nothing to worry about and then when they get seconds they go all the way and its goooooddd.

so if you want a strong trip
4. go second

eyes open or eyes closed?
5. close your eyes.
forget about your body.
just trust me on this one ;)
you dont need to open your eyes, if your curious go for it. but really... its just like waking up from a good dream. youll have to start all over if you open your eyes... its like ripping pages out of a book or like fast fowarding through a movie youve never seen if you open your eyes.

the strongest expereince (which is always the best, the further you go the more relaxing it is, its like being in a lucid dream, and it actually becomes like an actual PLACE... if you do it right)
that i have had was when it was cold outside and dark. i had a jacket on and i just thought i was going to finish off a bowl that a friend had just hit. 2 full bong rips (no watter) and i was OUT. this usually does not happen off 2 hits. my guess is that set and setting actually influenced the trip (which in case of dmt it usually does not). my guess is that because it was cold my body's metabolism was up, causing the dmt to work faster and stronger)
6. do it in a dark (moonlight or the equivalent) cool (50-60f) place
candles might be nice.

when you are finally there, after you have departed from the multitude of flames and slid beyond the lines, when things pick up and carry you away from your body, try not to focus on the visuals. instead:
7. ask it (whatever "it" is) a question not related to visuals.
in that rediculously strong expereince i had when i was "there" i stated that "you have my attention, now what do you want to share with me", or at least the telekenetic equivalent of that. you will find that it is an extremely lucid place.
the adventure starts there.

if you do all these things i can guarentee you will have a fantastic experience. (as long as you not like selling it to everyone or doing it around people your uncomfterble with)

And a lot of times, when smoking DMT, you'll take a hit, and you'll feel it coming on quickly, so you might think you are "good" and don't need more. I would recommend hitting it until all 25mg is gone.

thats why you load a fat little pile (go for like 40mgs load for the first person then add 30 on top of that for number 2 etc...)
if you can still go for more hits then clear the whole thing... but if reality has already collapsed and you have been called by God to lay down, gotta do your thing and let it happen.

if your doing it by yourself and are a pro dmt smoker then you can skillfully smoke 25mgs without wasting a single puff of smoke, but if your with a bunch of people expect at least one golden lungfull of that stuff to be prematurely expelled into the surrounding air. "aaawwwwwwwwhhhhhh" :(

it happens.

makes the room smell real nice too=D

I did DMT!!! =) Problem was, the vaporizing was done by a friend with some trial and error, and he couldn't get it fired up enough to the point where I was going to "get anywhere"- the ceiling took on a golden dreamcatcher pattern, and I felt myself float up to it just a bit, but at that point, the fact that lights were on and the chattering of my friends (reallllly bad idea to have any noise or conversations going on) made me too distracted to get beyond that. I had tons of anxiety going in, but I don't that much now. My boyfriend got much further, as by that point our friend helping us perfected his vaporizing technique.

It seems extremely difficult to get enough DMT in that short period of time (I did about 5 hits and all I got was the floaty dreamcatcher) you have, so that you can "breakthrough" =/ I plan to, next time, demand complete silence from those watching, and intend to do it in my room without a lamp on. I also wonder if that minor experience I had in anyway prepared me for "breaking through"...perhaps it merely took away some of my anxiety.

For anyone who wants to ecperience a mindfuck, youtube Be Here Now by baba ram dass. do a mental preload of relevant videos maybe some of his other work but if you have the time youtube some good videos are verry helpfull to get the right mindset.

and dont press play untill you take your hit :)
dark room, blue led lights, good friends, love and no unknown variables.
also if one wants to slow the oncomming effect you can exhale into a baloon take a breath or three of fresh air then re inhale the hit.

and the chattering of my friends (reallllly bad idea to have any noise or conversations going on) made me too distracted to get beyond that. I had tons of anxiety going in, but I don't that much now.

Yeah, in the past i hated using DMT in groups, its a stupid idea.. but everyone does it initially anyhow. It creates far to much friction between the experience and whats going on at 'base level', not to mention anything those people in the group are doing or saying is so incredibly trivial to your present mind-state, that it's totally unnecessary for them to be watching you, speaking or trying to get your attention.

Next time, if your willing.. when your on your own, close your eyes, this removes all external stimuli.. which acts as a grounding element, thus creating sensory deprivation and will increase the intensity of the experience exponentially.

Next time (a week from now), we are using a "professional" vaporizer to get the most out what DMT we are getting, and we made it clear to all those who will be there that we want it quiet and dark- no background music or discussions going on =) I think had those facotrs been in place, both myself and my boyfriend would have gone much further. Either way, our method of taking DMT (a true vaporizer for weed as opposed to a light-bulb pipe a friend made) next time should prove more effective. I can't wait to report the outcome, as this will be my first true psychedelic experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.