View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DMT Thread - The Fifth Symphony

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder what causes tehe amazing after glow from DMT?

Is it just awe from such an amazing experience or is ir something chemical?

I recently bought the vaporstar and I've heard it works real well for vaporizing dmt. I've tried using a meth pipe but for some reason it was too harsh! I've found a crack pipe with brillow works well. But I am wondering if anyone has tried a meth bong and if it works well. I'm worried that filtering the smoke through water may result in loss of product. Does anyone know?

^ I wonder what causes happiness?
Is it experience or is it something chemical?

I suspect it is a dance between the two. The two actually being fundamentally the same thing.

Have any of you guys done DMT outside late at night in the dark? I've never done it and want to try it tonight. But i wanna hear a couple opinions on it from you guys. would doing it in the dark out there effect the visuals?

I just tried combining DMT with nitrous, holy shit it takes things to a whole new level. What I do is take a big hit of dmt, hold it for a while then exhale into a balloon full of nitrous. Get some oxygen then start hitting that balloon. Most euphoria I have ever had in my life, bar none. I can't take the credit for this, read it somewhere else.

At some point the mind is like "fuck this, man-- this ain't no thursday morning lecture class, there's no way in HELL you need to remember this crazy shit. I'm checking out for a while."

LOL.

Hm. I would actually intuit the opposite to be true. The memory tends to retain moments of great emotional impact, and discard more mundane experiences.

DMT is kinda funny. It's responsible for both the most vivid of my memories, and incredible experiences that have all but evaporated from my mind entirely. I can remember clearly the emotion, beauty, purity, and clarity of a lot of trips (primeval aspects of the trip); the alien perspective on existence that the molecule offers, and the perceived understanding of the nature of reality (the more intellectual aspects of the experience) are those that are almost entirely lost. Almost.

My theory is that memory recall works by allowing one to relive times past to a much lesser degree. I think that, somewhere, the DMT perspective is sealed away in my mind, BUT it is impossible to recall, because by its very nature it cannot be experienced to any degree unless one is under the influence of a psychedelic.

LOL.

Hm. I would actually intuit the opposite to be true. The memory tends to retain moments of great emotional impact, and discard more mundane experiences.

DMT is kinda funny. It's responsible for both the most vivid of my memories, and incredible experiences that have all but evaporated from my mind entirely. I can remember clearly the emotion, beauty, purity, and clarity of a lot of trips (primeval aspects of the trip); the alien perspective on existence that the molecule offers, and the perceived understanding of the nature of reality (the more intellectual aspects of the experience) are those that are almost entirely lost. Almost.

My theory is that memory recall works by allowing one to relive times past to a much lesser degree. I think that, somewhere, the DMT perspective is sealed away in my mind, BUT it is impossible to recall, because by its very nature it cannot be experienced to any degree unless one is under the influence of a psychedelic.

I agree with you that emotionally vivid experiences tend to be remembered and recalled much easier than the mundane. And I also, think the issue with dmt experiences being difficult to remember has a different cause. One of the more current models of memory to paraphrase describes it as spreading networks of activation and that seems from my own introspection to be fairly decent way of explaining it. So, if we apply that to recalling dmt experiences we can understand why recall would be difficult. DMT is just so fucking outside of most peoples' common state of consciousness that the strongly activated portions of our mind while sober have few points of overlap with it. So, memories wouldn't be easily activated by the relative associations of neural networks.

A similar thing I've noticed is with dreams. I often have difficulty recalling even vivid dreams that happened some time ago. However, while I'm falling asleep, not quite in dreams yet, but not exactly "awake", I have a much higher capacity for recalling past dreams. This too could be explained by the spreading activation of neural networks model of memory. I haven't really thought to do this before now, but perhaps while experiencing the afterglow of dmt, memory of prior experiences would be easier to remember. I may try that next time now. But, it'll probably seem a ridiculous and irrelevant pursuit in that state.

Oh, new thought on this. I think that it is here that meditation really shines. Many advanced meditators report consistently being able to consciously transition into and through all major states of consciousness, ie waking dreaming and formless deep-sleep. Personally, I find it not too difficult to remember dmt trips, even at higher doses (~75-100mgs vaporized). Exacting detail isn't possible, but then again it rarely is with mundane memories either. Perhaps that's just something innate to me, but I suspect it has something to do with the 10 years of regular meditative practice I have behind me. It helps the ego become more fluid and more able to receive without resisting and release without grasping the objects and states of consciousness.

On saturday I had my best DMT trip so far. I did the sandwich method and took one long slow hit and as i was holding it in, I lost all connection with my body and it was like i was only my eyes. It wasnt like my body turned numb, it was like it just wasnt part of me in any way. and then it started seeming like i was going up into the sky slowly and thats when things went ridiculous and i can't even really remember what was going on besides that there were voices whispering and repeating to me, the only one i can specificly remember was 'Matt, are you tripping?' and it was in my Mom's voice so it was pretty weird. And I've noticed I always have voices whisper things as it starts to hit me. But anyway, when I came back, the world was more beautiful than I've ever seen it in my life. Everything was so damn amazing and so happy! when I looked out the screens (i was in my porch) the world was completely lit up with so much color, detail, and shine that i was just shocked. I guess to give an idea, it was sort of like the new Alice in Wonderland times 1,000. Then I kept going throughout my house looking out different windows being more n more amazed everytime. And then after about 8 or 10 minutes the world was back to normal.

It was my first time doing it outside during the day and I dont think I ever really plan on doing it again when i'm not outside with the sun still out

Have any of you guys done DMT outside late at night in the dark? I've never done it and want to try it tonight. But i wanna hear a couple opinions on it from you guys. would doing it in the dark out there effect the visuals?

Close your eyes when you exhale, it pretty much emulates the sensation of sensory deprivation that would occur in the dark where you cannot see anything. In my experience it makes the trip far more intense because you have absolutely no external stimuli to distract you.. but it is pretty full on, especially with a large dose.

I've been having trouble breaking through. Last time, I took a hit I tried to pack another bowl but I started to feel the effects before I was able to take another hit. Had I taken another hit would I have broken through or would it have been a waste?

it May have been a potential waste...you wanna get it all into yourself withing like 30-60 seconds I think. Pack some bigger bowls man, best trick when you are having trouble breaking through is to pack much more than you will need...like 100 mg, then toke toke toke.

Yeah, there's no way you can pack another load of DMT once you've taken a hit... it comes on in seconds. And after 30-60 seconds, as adrian said, tolerance is so built up it's basically a waste.

I should be having my first trials with DMT within the next few weeks sometime hopefully. I've got a meth pipe, but i'm not sure if this seems like the best way to smoke DMT...maybe it will be okay though, it is fluffy white powdery DMT.

I also have some DPT to sample...soo many tryptamines, jeeeez.

Good luck my friend, I've never been able to get the hang of a meth pipe personally and it always burns that Shit out of my throat. I recommend using a bong.

I wants me some DPT

DMT for me and a bunch of psychedelic virgins

I've posted questions about DMT in here before...but now, I actually have some =)

The DMT is for myself and my brother and boyfriend- all of which are psychedelic virgins, in fact, the list of drugs we've all tried is the same: alcohol, marajuana (don't like), and MDMA (LOVE!). My MDMA usage count is in the 20's, and thats about as hardcore as I get....

I'm guessing some may feel I should store the DMT away, try stuff like LSD and mescaline as a first psychedelic, but I'm not really looking to be entertained for hours on a hike or at an amusement park, I'm specifically interested in DMT.

I'm guessing theres multiple DMT threads that cover a lot of the FAQ, but I'm being selfish and starting my own ;)

Do you have a sense of time at all on DMT? I'm a bit concerned if it's frightening or overwhelming, I will feel as though I'm stuck in that space for quite some time, even if it's just 7 minutes in reality.

Do you have any sense or connection to what is physically around you in the room, or are you completely "out"?

Would you suggest we take turns, make sure the person tripping is OK and watch them, or is there value in tripping out together?

Can you choose to do a small amount, and not trip that "hard", or is it all of nothing with DMT? (<--sorry, I am a psychedelic virgin, don't mean to sound like an idiot)

What is coming out of DMT like? What is the onset like?

Thank you, and sorry if I'm asking questions that have been asked a million times =)

i would say go for acid for your first psychedelic experiences... dmt is the deep end of the psychedelic range, i would save it for another time :)

i wouldn't suggest trying that until you are experienced at the "letting go" aspect of the psychedelic experience. If you don't practice that, and try to fight the dmt trip, things will go south fast.

If you try it anyway, remember to NOT fight the plethora of strange feelings you certainly will get. But just accept them...even if it feels like you are dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.