PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DMT Thread - The Fifth Symphony

Status
Not open for further replies.
srsly, this stuff reaaaally reeks of new sportshoes or new cars :D
exactly like that

Yeah it smells like that fake leather smell that they spray in your car at the car wash..."new car smell" or whatever.

DMT and nicotine both increase blood pressure, so combining the two doesn't sound like the best idea.

I have never heard a description of the smell of dmt that even came close really. So weird

I have a volcano and I also have an oil pad for it but I have never tried smoking DMT out of it. I was always afraid that some of powder would be wasted because it blows the hot air up. It seems like the DMT might go through the screen and into the balloon.

Not to mention that you would have to clean the attachment pieces when you where done if you don't wanna taste DMT every time you hit the cano.

DMT definitely has a strong smell. I left some that was stored in a plastic container in a wooden cabinet with all my weed. I took it out a few days later and even now, 2 months later, the smell is still pretty strong. I even tried airing it out for a while and it didn't seem to help. Only recently has it begun to dissipate.

It smells kind of like plastic to me. I kind like the smell though.

Plastic is how it smells to me too. Floral and plastic. Like crack, but more like AMT and JWH-018.

I think it's very pleasant, but I always associate effects very much with appearance and smell - even the terrible cat pee aroma of mephedrone gets me giddy. Actually that is a very persistent smell and it can hang around in a piece of cloth/textile for quite a while. Whenever I fondle and smell that cloth I feel very peaceful safe and enamored. I treasure a bit of stuff laying around giving off a hint of flephedrone smell, think same category as safety blanket?

To me the smell of DMT gives off a very sacramental awe-inspiring vibe from association.

I wonder how DMT can have a smell comparable to that of AMT since everyone seems to think AMT smells like faeces?
What's also weird, when there are still petrol derivates in your product that need to dry out they can smell very similar to DMT. I find it hard to imagine the actual pure DMT smell when it's polluted with the smell of certain solvents.
The aroma is very elusive in a way and I wonder if it is not really open to suggestion (comes close to association..). It's mysterious is what it is.

Often the characteristic smell of a compound is in some weird way related to other properties (general smoothness etc). Smelling is also business of the nerves, is that the reason perhaps?

I must say I like both the smell and taste of DMT. :)

New car? Dirt? To me DMT smells absolutely nothing like either of those. It smells very strongly of indole, sort of like AMT except with a floral and pleasant edge instead of AMT's chemical fertilizer edge (I don't find AMT to smell like feces... if you do, I'm wondering what you've been eating!)

The residue left by smoked DMT smells very much like AMT though... the pleasantness goes away.

F&B says that about AMT... never heard that about DMT. Although since they're both indole compounds I could see that being true.

Personally I don't find either to smell anything like feces, which is I believe what skatole is found in.

The smell I have always associated with DMT is mothballs. I found DMT's smell/ taste to be kin to beer... the first time you try it you are like WTF and spit it out and then you develop a taste for it and come to love it.

im a canine

dmt makes me feel like a person

strange world eh?

F&B says that about AMT... never heard that about DMT. Although since they're both indole compounds I could see that being true.

Personally I don't find either to smell anything like feces, which is I believe what skatole is found in.

you know skatole is used in small amounts as an artificial strawberry flavor and scent.
Pretty gross if you think about it.

As for DMT, its smell shares similarities with other simple tryptamines (MET, DPT, AMT etc). Its nothing like a new car IMO.

The taste is one thing i cant get used to. In fact it only gets worse, making it harder for me to get a full breakthrough dose these days.
Perhaps i should try using a bong.

Xork, when you hit it out of a bong are you able to ge the whole dose in 1 hit or do you have to go back and hit it again as you're tripping?

^^^ I have never been able to break through without using a bong. Definitely my preferred method.

I usually can't handle a breakthrough dose in one rip, so I vaporize all the DMT and pull it into the chamber, cover it with my hand while I hold one hit for ~15 seconds, then go right back and clear it. Works like a charm.

i'm in love with the smell of dmt... the taste of the smoke isn't as pleasant but its not bad at all, takes some getting used to. DPT on the other hand tastes terrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.