• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DMT Thread - The 6th Recursion

^ Yeah. If you try to smoke the machine upside-down (rightside-up?), you're missing out on one of the primary benefits of the machine, which is the steady delivery of low heat by the upward rising of hot air from the lighter flame.

^ No problem. I answered your question in my most recent trip report, too, by the way. :)

I facilitated an inexperienced friend's reintroduction to psychedelics last week. Previously he had only tried small amounts of mushrooms, perhaps as long as 7 years ago. Out of the substances I had available we chose DMT.
We had 2 nights of 4 sessions each of IV DMT fumarate. First night was .2, .3, .4, and .5 mg/kg. The second night we eased back in at .4 moving up to .5, .6, and finally .7 mg/kg.
It was apparent that everything below .7 was not enough for him (however I must emphasize that this is a HIGH dose and I by no means recommend something of this magnitude or the IV ROA to any but the most bold). He had some type of contact with formless entities/consciousnesses but was still quite plainly in his body.
At .7 mg/kg it was immediately obvious to me that we would not need to go higher. He didn't shift around or fiddle with his hands at all, he was sitting perfectly still, swallowing only twice during the 15 minutes he was away.
Well, it was the experience I was hoping he'd have. Dissolution of self and merging with oneness or universal consciousness, having messages of profound personal meaning communicated to him. He has said afterwards that it was most likely the MOST meaningful experience of his life and described it as absolutely and amazingly beautiful. I was very glad to open his eyes to this and I hope it can have a lasting positive impact on him.

I need to add, since I wished more information had been available to me on the matter, that he is taking 60mg Cymbalta and 50mg of trazodone daily. It did not effect his ability to break through, but perhaps these seemingly high doses of DMT were necessitated by his medication regimen.

Is DMT safe for teens?

Hi, I`ve been attracted to the idea of doing DMT someday, but one question I`ve been thinking about is; is it safe to do while you are a teenager?

Because I know that dropping acid is not recomended for people under 16 since the brain isnt developed enough and it can cause damage, and from what I`ve heard DMT is pretty intense.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

DMT is a very powerful drug when used properly.

I doubt it would damage your brain; DMT is a naturally occuring chemical already in your body. it's released during birth, death, and sleep deprivation.

IMO 16 is too young.

hope that helps a little!

its not that the drug is bad for you at that age, its more of the idea of doing drugs and the culture asociated with it in general.

just enjoy being young and in highschool. as long as you dont think everything is a conspiracy and actually listen to what older people tell you youll have fun. build some character. dont make the same mistakes i did.

Thanks for the comments, I'm not planning on touching this drug for awhile (maybe even never)
I know how to have fun without drugs and I understand that theres a time for everything. :)

The only bad thing I heard about DMT is that the trip can be very powerful and can create some deep psychological problems..

Quebecois?

I wouldn't consider DMT to be harmful to the brain. I think a person's psychological/emotional maturity are important considerations for psychedelic use. It's hard to say at what age somebody is ready to try them out, it really depends on the person.

Children take part in Ayahuasca ceremonies but there are experienced older people present, so it's not the same as smoking some DMT at home alone.

I'm 18 and have smoked DMT around 15 times, a bit more than half alone, all sub-breakthrough, and am completely fine. I don't think anything that is safe at an older age will mess with your brain unless done regularly (and at that point age doesn't matter).

it probably won't fuck with your brain, but you should really make sure you're ready for the experience, having enough experience with psychedelics would make the trip better i think

Set and Setting

Please remember the set and setting is key. Don't forget about "trip packing" either.

I cannot judge your psychological maturity but please make sure you are ready to have your world blown wide open, ready to experience new dimensions, ready to see parts of your psyche you may not want to see.

If you are part of, as Timothy Leary would put it, the self selected elite of consciousness exploration I can't tell you not to do it. Do take a psychology class, or read a psychology text book first. Be smart, be safe, and most of all have fun, whatever you choose to do.

Best Wishes

Set and setting is very key. Make sure you read up on the experience and are ready before embarking on something like this.

One key thing to note is that moving around isn't that much of an option on high doses, so be prepared and lying/sitting down when you do it.

^ Set and setting are the keys to a psychedelic experience.
No question about it.

But instead of/ in addition to psychology, I would recommend classes in philosophy/religious studies.
Though it ultimately depends on what interests you.

Having a sober trip sitter nearby can be very, very helpful as well.

^ I would agree on the philosophy/religious studies idea.

While DMT hasn't been particularly insightful for me I know that it is for many people and a mind shattering experience and leave one doubting their beliefs on life death and anything in between.

A sober sitter is always nice if talking down is needed (assuming you can still talk) and discussing what you saw afterward.

After my first profound trip (shrooms) I began writing down my thoughts on whatever substance I was on as a way to help remember and integrate my experiences.

I have found my DMT trips were more spiritual and deep when I used at a younger age. I first used DMT at 15 and it just seemed way deeper then it does now at 21. Pretty much all psychedelics seem to have lost their spiritual and learning appeal as I got older. I am majoring in Pharmacology and I really can't see tripping as anything beyond the chemicals in my brain being pushed past natural levels.

I still enjoy tripping but no long in a spiritual regard. DMT is not going to be any more unsafe to a 16 year old than a 18 year old. I suppose the only thing that might make it unsafe for teens would be that younger people maybe more likely to eyeball/use heroic doses and get into trouble.

I'm not sure what religion, philosophy or psychology has to do with someone 16 or under taking DMT. The brain at that age and is far more succeptable to drug induced changes than the brain of someone in their 20's. Apart from that there is the possibility that someone at that age might take what they see a little too seriously although it is clear that many adults seem to do that too. Completely agree with what IGNVS said about drug culture also.
I'm surprised people on this harm reduction forum are encouraging the thought of teenagers using powerful psychedelic drugs.

DMT has been very little other than a beautiful, relaxing, comforting ride into the most intensely beautiful of places. The elves have always been welcoming and desired to teach.

I consider myself an agnostic, this last trip made me kind of consider buddhism as a way of life. Leading up to it, mindset was on average very depressed.

But basically, i smoked it and fell through the void towards this bright white light. It was radiating such positive emotion in the most distilled form beyond anything one could imagine. Pure warmth, love, joy, peace....

And then i was taken through a retrospective of all the things making me not happy and what i could do to change them.

I came out of it crying from the sheer beauty of what i had just experienced.

Thank you for all the insight, I think I still have alot to learn about psychadelics, especially since the drugs I`ve experimented with that were the most powerful trips were Salvia & MDMA. I`m very interested in these substances though and I`ve thought about reading some of Alexander Shulgins books

and yes Legerity, I am Quebecois! :p