• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health The Big & Dandy Bipolar Disorder & Psychedelics Thread

^That is a ridiculous idea.

You abused mushrooms and ultimately suffered consequences for your actions...

Now you are thinking of using LSD ?

For what reasons would you even consider using LSD?

Think about what can happen to you, you, who has been clinically diagnosed with problems STEMMING from drug use....

I would stay away from the LSD and mushrooms for a good couple years.

i'd like to hear some opinions.
My opinion?

It was stupid as hell to use 1/4 of shrooms every week for 6-7 months.
It's stupid as hell that you're still smoking weed on a daily basis.
And I can't believe you're even considering taking acid.

My advice, stop using the recreational drugs, and get your head straightened out.

I'd say stop using the meds too and see how you do. But i don't know how badly you need them, or how safe it would be.

^ come on guys, let's keep this civil. remember, this is a place of love. <3

that said, i agree that you were overusing mushrooms - i would definitely suggest not taking any acid & certainly at least attempting to cut down on your marijuana use.

I couldn't recommend that you take LSD at this time. If you must, however, you should know EXACTLY what you are getting into, start low, go slow, and be with some VERY trust friends in a VERY comfortable set and setting. And please, whatever you do, DO NOT take LSD with Lithium together, this is a dangerous combination ... also, do NOT go off your Lithium abruptly, and then take LSD, this is almost a guaranteed manic episode. So basically, there is no way for you to dose safely.

I just wanted to reiterate... don't take psychedelics while on Lithium - seizures are no fun.

I'll just quote Clint Eastwood here:

Do ya feel lucky punk?

It's a big risk, but then everything in life is. Wait till you've got a hundred or so replies on this thread, then do a risk analysis. Then post on trip reports.

Good luck.

Psychonautical said:
Man listen.
I was diagnosed with Bi-polar disorder.

I consumed 1 quarter of Psilocybe 7.5 grams
In a Dark room with No Music.

I fixed myself Meta programming research it. Use it.
Your mind is a tool.
Stop letting the monkey on your back beat your machine.
You are in control of the machine if the monkey is part of you, you are ultimately the monkey.

You sound like you have a fevered ego...

Something that needs complete dissolution. I'd say Stop taking all of your meds.
If you have been on them for a long time. There is a relative chance that you would say you have maintained back to this level of docile sheepability.

One Very High dose. 7.5 grams
After you have come off your Olanzapine
for one month.

If you have any psychotic breaks within the 7 day count down to your consumation of the mushrooms then do not consume them.

I am serious when i say NO MUSIC and NO LIGHTS

you need this for a reimagining of your soul....

this infuriates me......, NO ONE can fix their "soul" by paying $40 for A quarter of mush.- A powerful mind altering drug.

u fucking think u can fix your "soul" with an illegal DRUG, you nieve ignorant fool.

the OP gained problems threw psychedelic drug use. canibis n mush. why the fuck r y suggesting him to pick up the knife and stab himself again?

how irresponsible can you be? suggesting this to someone who is diagnosed Bi- Polar.!#>#

this is one of the most dangerous suggestions iv ever seen on this website.

Op, no LSD- itsa bad idea in ur scenario,
Lay off the Weed - i swear itll help.

the Soul is something so precious that a one "big" trip cannot fix it.
and a Pure Soul takes time to mend and bend to perfection, which lays in the eye of the beholder, starting with a clean consciousness, honesty, and integrity. Do not mix up Euphoriant states of mind with true Enlightenment.

not good idea.
just do what everyone else said and lay off the green/fungus. it'll probably do you alot of good. mental illnesses and psycs aren't the best combo. i know thats probably not what ya wanna hear, but its all in love tho :)

free the preconceptions and meditate on it,

you're going to be able to resolve this senario better than any of us.

(and whoever said something about metaprogramming, this is a good practice, but is not necessary to be used in conjunction with psychedelics. given what he's stated of his situation it would be more efficient to learn of and be very familiar with the practices(meditations, metaprogramming etc) before the helpers/tools (mushrooms,cannabis, lsd) be taken into account. psychedelics can help to actualize your intentions and reformulate your pathways, however if you dont know what you're doing with them (or what you're doing with your own mind) you will tangle yourself up more.)

best of luck on your growth, if you sow intention you will reap progression (with or without psychedelics)

Oldchild said:
I just wanted to reiterate... don't take psychedelics while on Lithium - seizures are no fun.

It's too bad you asked for opinions. . . (you know those are like assholes, everybody has one.)

What I've quoted above, however, is not something all the posters on this thread possess- actual knowledge based on experience and/or research.

Of course it all comes down to the same thing, but I hope you won't feel so belittled by the ignorant comments about mental illness in this thread to "prove 'em wrong." This is a question of chemistry, no one here knows enough about you to draw up a checklist of drugs your psyche can and cannot handle.

Just don't mix psychedelics with lithium. The tonic-clonic boogie sucks.

If you're on the cusp of schizophrenia then every trip you take is a game of Russian Roulette. Don't do it. The science isn't there to cure you. Especially in the case of LSD, which affects a wider range of receptors than Psilocybin, likely in a similar fashion as the anti-psychotics you're now on, you are literally risking your life for the most frivolous of pursuits. Don't do it.

this infuriates me......, NO ONE can fix their "soul" by paying $40 for A quarter of mush.- A powerful mind altering drug.

u fucking think u can fix your "soul" with an illegal DRUG, you nieve ignorant fool.

The naive is you here.

And to analyse it :

Yes, i think the OP should stay off all drugs, at least for a big period of time. I do not think he is prepared enough to go for some healing experience. I absolutely agree with you that it's irresponsible to hastily suggest someone diagnosed BiPolar to take psychedelics.

However, psychedelics (= soul-revealing) can have great psychotherapeutic potential. if you disagree with this, you know shit. (sorry for the harsh way to put it). There are many reports of soul/mind healing experiences and I have my own experiences too.

Through my experiences and integration of them i have managed to overcome stress-disorder/ptsd/OCD. I have few experiences, and there have been periods of time where i was feeling very bad, but I resolved lots of stuff inside me. It's amazing how one's experiences follow for months to come.

And yes, psychedelics are not necessarily euphoric, the euphoria you feel on psych is inside you already, it can be felt anytime. With other drugs(e.g coke), it's different.

And for sure they can lead to moments of enlightenment, temporary enligthenment. It's up to you to learn to keep it. They have led me to zen states of great harmony with my Self and my surroundings and amazing thing is I can have this feeling know, months after my latest experience.

So please try to see things from an another angle too and avoid getting stuck in dogmas.

Last edited:
Although I agree that psychs can be a very useful tool, all of that can be accomplished without the use of drugs, although it is a harder task.

Prea said:
Although I agree that psychs can be a very useful tool, all of that can be accomplished without the use of drugs, although it is a harder task.

Well i did most of the hard work while 'sober', but still now, even when sober my perception and consciousness are noticeably altered.

The post Phredom made is 100% appropriate answer to Psychonautical's idiotic post, my friend MasterOfDeception.

Anyone who has done minimal research knows of psychedelics psychotherapeutical potential. So what? You will mention it in every single occasion, whoever the OP is?

Boy, if you want another opinion [I got an arsehole and also an opinion, like every decent human being] , here it is:

NO psychedelics. NO weed. Experience and reports suggest it can worsen your situation. How likely is this? Noone can really answer that.

I cannot be anything than THAT absolute, because I don't see any insight or detailed take on what has happened to you on your side. The meta programming is first in your head.

I hope you all the best.

Try to be creative, hobbies & passions [outside drugs] can work dreams! Don't skip artistic inclinations or talents if you got some.

Hey guys, lets lay off the abusing each other- as tempting as it is, it leads nowehere.

Mmmph. Answer depends on where you want to go.
If you want to stay like you are now, don't do LSD, keep using what meds you're on. See in a few years where that leads you.
If you want to change in some way to improve yourself, find out what that is, and tell us. Maybe psychedelics will help you in that process.
If you want to take some psychedelics to get fucked up, you're probably not in the right frame of mind to get anything beneficial about them, and will likely fuck yourself up again.
I don't know who you are, so as you said, you'll have to answer those questions yourself. I think it's totally stupid though to say that an "illegal" drug cannot fix people, while "legal" drugs can. They're both drugs people. Ultimately it's you though, using the drugs correctly, which fixes yourself. From what you've told us, I'd have to say stay off the psychedelics and try to get your shit in order. Good luck.

Hey guys, lets lay off the abusing each other- as tempting as it is, it leads nowehere.
Words do not abuse people, it's people intentions that do. I find that when an advertiser of psychedelics use {Psychonautical] is giving straight forward suggestion to a kid diagnosed with bi-polar disorder he doesn't know anything about to consume an overdose of psilocybin mushrooms, the words should be even harsher that those used. And they will, if I feel like doing it.

In this example, my friend MasterOfDeception [he is really my friend, it's not a figure of speech], also an advocate of psychedelic use is waaaaaaaaay off common sense.

I find it annoying that people seldom seem to mention the dangers of psychedelics in such forums as opposed to the positive and life-changing effects that indeed thay can have. Thankfully, with the exception of some posts, most users have answered responsibly to the OP.

Sweets to the sweet ;)