• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Bad Trip Thread

Isn't the main point how to deal with the unpleasant content of the trip rather than to speculate fruitlessly what it may or may not have been ?

^No, Stephen, THIS is the point-

Alot of times when I'm tripping (for some reason only on LSD) I get these weird thoughts of how badly I want to kill someone, or beat the living **** out of them. I thought I was psychotic, but it seems all my friends feel the same, so I just assumed that LSD purifies the consciousness of social influence, and maybe homicide isn't such a bad thing on LSD.

Of course I would never do something like that in 1,000,000 years, but I do get the urges to in the midst of a strong LSD haze. ;)

WTF? 8o=D When on acid, the only thing I wanna kill is my raging boner by fucking the moon. Eh, each to their own ;)

^ I just spend ages trying to choose which crater to fuck tho - thy all have their individual attractions - lifes tough on the moon sometimes :\

I am well aware of bad LSD trips. But typically LSD trips are mental, the "bad trip" isn't in the form of overstimulation/body aching and such.

You are completely incorrect, sir. LSD is notorious for causing muscle cramps and spasms. It's not as bad as the LAAs found in MGS or HBWR, but it's still bad for some people. The entire reason that the 'strychnine in LSD' myth has been perpetuated so long, as well as "clean acid" vs. "dirty acid", is because people forget that LSD is a vasoconstrictor and dopaminergic. It will cause your muscles to cramp, and can give you up to severe back and leg pain if you're dehydrated or malnourished or overexerted.

How can you know that then?

Cause we all took LSD from a trusted source, this source is so good I don't need to go into detail why I am 100% "THIS" source is real L.

Me and my friends all took from that source and had amazing cosmic trips through our own minds.

Then...whenever we got LSD from 2 other sources it turned out to be bunk shit where most of the trip was being aware of how much your body hurt.

I know that LSD has stimulatory affects, and can cause back aching in some people and such. But it's nothing like DOx.

At least on LSD, especcially stronger doses. YOu notice the back aching less because the mental trip is the center of your experience, not bodily pain.

I know the LSD stimulation well, for me it's very comfortable and make like drinking lots of green tea or something.

I always feel that LSD, even though semi-synthetic. Is a very natural experience.

Can't say the same thing about the amphetamine psychedelics.

I have speculation to believe that most of the bad trips on these forums is cause of bunk LSD.

The least of your worries should be body aching. The worst trip I had on real LSD was my friend trip, that's because I wasn't used to my EGO being torn from me. I was stripped clean and left with nothing but being a point of awareness in the cosmos.

That's LSD guys, not thinking you're a manic psycho who wants to kill people. That's DOX.

Yes I am aware of subjectivity, but come on the 60's would not have happened if people were taking DOx instead of LSD.

Get better connections, it's just a gut feeling I have now about LSD. There is no logic in why I believe most of the posts here are bad trips on DOx. i just know.

Isn't the main point how to deal with the unpleasant content of the trip rather than to speculate fruitlessly what it may or may not have been ?

Yes and no.

Whenever I have taken LSD, LSA, and mushrooms.....substances I consider "real cosmic psychedelics" I always know even during the darkest corners of my trip and mind that I need to go with the flow and accept the truth in what I see. I always come out great and refreshed, no matter what I trust the LSD and mushrooms always. I feel like I can trust them more than people.

Now....

Whenever I took Dox for the first few times I accepted it as a trip, but those trips left me depressed and feeling worthless. I thought it was LSD and believed what the DOx was doing to me. It made me feel like a horrible person and violent. I didn't want to trust this chemical, no matter what I did I couldn't escape feeling like a horrible maggot.

Now since then, I have realized that I took so many bunk blotters. That's why they weren't as cosmic, profound and spiritual as LSD. I now don't feel so hard on myself because it wasn't LSD, the LSD that It trust. It was another chemical that is dirty and not very psychdelic, more like mania with dirty visuals and extreme vasoconstriction(LSD causes about as much as coffee or tea). NOT EVEN COMPARABLE to DOx vasoconstriction that is actually PAINFUL and SCARY?

Now when I take DOx I always know that I am not a bad person, it's just the drug causes excess dopamine/adrenaline in my body.

In fact you could say that most of the trips from Dox especially badly synthesized ones are probably just from paranoia and excess neurons in your brain.

Whenever I'm on LSD, I don't even feel like I took a drug. It feels like this feeling as always existed in me.

I don't feel the same about DOx.

I'm sure there are some people on these forums that agree with me.

Be careful people, stick with mushrooms if you can't get good L. You're gonna regret it if you fuck up your outlook on life with a few horrible DOx experiences.

The damage is known, hence the name RC.

A shorter answer to what you said:

I don't really think DOx's are trips. They are more like mind stimulators. They do similar things like amphetamines. Dox's allow you to look at visuals, become immersed in them....or write a paper. Talk to friends. You can do any of that while peaking on DOx in certain doses.

Not really a trip...

Or at least, I've never had a trip where I could communicate with my EGO intact.

I think it's about defining "psychedelic" and not "just accept the trip".

What trip? LSD is a trip, DOx is not.

Last edited:
LSD is a vasoconstrictor but not as the DOx shit stuff right? LSD does not cause necrosis compared to DOx? Someone can answer me please? :)
Thus i think OP took LSD :) DOx shit take long time to onset and the duration is long (12h+) when i was on DOI, yeah i was insane and crazy guy, the trip was stimulant too :)

Peace Out

Last edited:
LSD is a vasoconstrictor but not as the DOx shit stuff right? LSD does not cause necrosis compared to DOx? Someone can answer me please? :)
Thus i think OP took LSD :) DOx shit take long time to onset and the duration is long (12h+) when i was on DOI, yeah i was insane and crazy guy, the trip was stimulant too :)

Peace Out

The ratio of vasoconstrictive effect to psychedelic effect is higher in some common DO* than LSD. If LSD wasn't active as such minute microgram doses, it would be a really bad vasoconstrictor when taken as a psychedelic like certain LAAs found in morning glories are.

The acid is telling you to back off and take it easy, I think. Perhaps you're using too much, or your use is irresponsible somehow?

I think you should take a break, and work to integrate your previous trips-- after you deal with that, I think Lucy will start treating you better.

I was thinking the same thing. Chill out for a while and meditate. Similar things like this have happened to me over the years. I learned that I just needed to take it easy. I found there was more to life than drugs, and I started taking up hobbies and treating my self right. Now I can go back to drugs like acid and have it be a rewarding experience. Drugs to me are like the spice. Life is the meal. A little spice makes the meal better but too much spice can ruin the whole meal. Then you have to clean it up so it will taste good once again. Just take a break man. Cool off and when the time is right, you'll know it. Peace out man.

The ratio of vasoconstrictive effect to psychedelic effect is higher in some common DO* than LSD. If LSD wasn't active as such minute microgram doses, it would be a really bad vasoconstrictor when taken as a psychedelic like certain LAAs found in morning glories are.

Even in ridiculously high doses LSD is a safe substance and the vasoconstrictive properties aren't even noticeable.

LSD is simply not a harmful chemical, sure it can cause "back pain" or whatever else in some people. But I am 100% certain that the drug itself didn't cause it, it's your trips that did. This is assuming you got REAL LSD and not a chemical that is not LSD like DOx.

If you are having anxiety you can have body aching, it's just an affect. And since many people have anxiety during trips it's no wonder you might feel some pain or unease.

However, I must be one of those people thats mind fits right with LSD because I feel at peace and calm when tripping balls on LSD. It's a comfortable state of chaos for me and I have never noticed any pain on LSD or mushrooms. Sometimes I get weak feelings on mushrooms but that's it, on LSD I feel even more healthy than I did before I dosed. LSD feels more like a medicine to me than anything.

My friend complained of back pain but I had none, then again he was having anxiety on the same dose of LSD as me.

Bad trip

So, it has been a while since I had one. Anyways, I was dealing with a very difficult issue, and decided to take some acid to get to the heart of the situation.

Anyways, it was safe to say it was the worst night of my life. In hindsight, pretty stupid of me to have done that, especially since I am an experienced psychedelic user.

In any case, it has been awhile. But I have been afraid to trip because the situation that did brought on the bad trip hasn't quite resolved itself(I am not sure it ever will). But as more time has passed, I am a bit better about the situation. But I am afraid to trip again and have been for a couple of months now. All I have been doing is smoking weed.

My question is: Is there any psychedelic drugs out there that will not necessarily bring out any issue I might be grappling with and turn it into a nightmare.

from my own fairly limited experience, the 2c family is largely visual, tactile, and fun with much less of the very deep thoughts that come with shrooms or acid. mind you this family has a steep dose-response curve all around, and overdoses are never fun.

if you don't mind me asking, is this 'issue' one that you have the power to resolve or does it require acceptance that it cannot be resolved?

2c-i is probably the most user-friendly psych I've encountered thus far. I've introduced it to many friends that have trouble handling LSD, but I have yet to see anyone have a bad experience on it. It's also very social, so I would recommend trying 2c-i with some trusted friends. Your issue might come out, but chances are you'll be in just the right state of mind to deal with it.

2c-i is probably the most user-friendly psych I've encountered thus far. I've introduced it to many friends that have trouble handling LSD, but I have yet to see anyone have a bad experience on it. It's also very social, so I would recommend trying 2c-i with some trusted friends. Your issue might come out, but chances are you'll be in just the right state of mind to deal with it.

Yea but better your friends do research, prepare themselves for real L or mushrooms instead of taking such an uninteresting wannabe psychedelic like 2c-i.

I get better visuals and effects on high dose adderal(seriously). It's both a weak psychedelic and weak stimulant but not even good at either lol

If it were a bad trip on a low dose of a "mental"psychedelic, I`d ride it out, if it were some kind of more "recreational" psychedelic and it turns bad solely due to intensity not negative thoughts, I`ll probably stop it with benzo`s and beer and weed(somehow this combo stops me from almost all anxiety)
I might even mix in some nitrous, because when doing nitrous I ALWAYS feel positive, so it has the potential to stop a bad trip.

Nitrous is legendary, an essential tool for tripping without any niggling worries.

Can go without it, but nitrous makes it so pleasurable, can still go to dark places though if you in the wrong circumstances or wrong combo, doing nitrous could actually make things worse even though it's hard to believe.

LAst nights paranoia .....

Hey ,
I was wondering how can I make a bad trips after effects better? how can i feel much better than think about this trip ?