• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Bad Trip Thread

Listen to some cool music, it will literally turn the experience around.

The way I see it there are bad trips and then there are what I refer to as "horror trips". Bad trips are fairly common and if you take acid, mushrooms, dmt, salvia, or any powerful psychedelic you will probably have one at some point. On a bad trip someone essentially goes to hell and comes back (e.g. they essentially go insane for a little while and then come back to tell the tale). The person may even view the experience as ultimately having benefited them in some fashion because they confronted something in their life. For some users, a bad trip may negatively influence their life or cause them to experience some PTSD symptoms for a while. People are often changed by bad trips in subtle ways mentally for years or perhaps even forever after the experience. Visual changes are quite common after a bad trip (e.g. sharper vision, slight movement of objects after staring at them, static, etc.) Yes, I have experienced a bad trip which was certainly quite terrifying while it was going on and pretty much scared the shit out of me for a few days after.

However, the less common, but far more serious negative effect of psychs is what I refer to as a "horror trip", which oddly enough can happen from time to time to people without the use of drugs (e.g. from extreme stress or trauma). I have not had one of these, ever, and I am fucking glad as hell that I haven't. While a "horror trip" is going on, the person likely has utterly no sense that they are under the influence of drugs, is in another world in a literal sense of the term, has no sense of reality, and is not even so much insane at the time, but they are more just "gone". I suspect that the cause of a horror trip stems from different factors than an ordinary bad trip. I suspect that they are caused by something different than the generic "bad trip" and often have severely negative permanent consequences, but in some case the user will become permanently a spiritually evolved person and may even possess supernatural powers. With "horror trips" the thing is you never really fully stop tripping. You feel permanently and profoundly altered forever, you might always see stuff, hear inanimate objects talking to you, hear angels or demons speaking to you, see people's faces morph before your eyes into strange creatures, or have other, and perhaps unimaginably bizarre experiences for months, years, or even the rest of your life. No one "gets over" a horror trip, they simply are forced to accept the insanity. This is much more likely to happen on an exceptionally high dose of psychedelics or from taking dmt. However, it can happen on any dose of a psych and in cases of severe trauma it can happen without any drugs at all.

Last edited: