Votes: 55 37.2%
  • No

Votes: 48 32.4%
  • Sometimes / Completely depends on whether it is salt or freebase

Votes: 8 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I've never really enjoyed the 5-meo's. They tend to cause nasty tachychardia and weird body rushes. I absolutely hated 5-meo-dmt, felt like a near death experience with colorless shitty visuals, nasty tachychardia, and an overwhelming headspace. 5-meo-dipt was pretty fun, the effects were worth the bodyload for me but it was nothing special. The only other 5-meo I've tried besides those two was 5-meo-dalt and it was pretty shitty, no headspace, minute visuals, and tachychardia. So 5-meo's arent my cup of tea but I am still willing to explore 5-meo-amt and 5-meo-mipt. The only thing that has me worried about 5-meo-amt is the diahrea and tachychardia. Tachychardia kinda fucks with me during trip as I'm very susceptable to this side effect. Would you say the side effects linger throughout the whole trip or is it like aMT where you might feel like shit for a couple hours but are dropped into a smoother trip? I have access to 2mg blotters at a fairly cheap price and I'm really considering buying like 5 to see what it's all about. What would be good first time dose that wont be underwhelming? Also will plugging cut down on the side effects, that is if you have plugged it? And lastly did you in any way feel like you were in any danger? I'd hate to have to make a trip to the hospital on a psychedelic : P

Everybody is different but I enjoyed 2mg. On 2.5mg the bodyload got really apparent. I think 2.25mg is perfect for me.
It's about channeling the energy. I had visions (not really visuals per se, more like mental ideas seen with third eye) about good-spirited beings guiding me through life. I was at a techno party.
My fav dose of aMT is 25-40mg.

Jesus kat, those are some pretty insane doses!

As for health, I didn't become concerned about health except for one case - when the vendor sent me 5-MeO-AMT instead of AMT. I didn't allergy test it. Bombed 50mg. That ended up in a trip to the ER, two shots of Ativan, and a trip home with a very pissed off grandmother

Weren't you the one who was sent mislabeled 2c-p or something like that? You should change vendors man, those are some dangerous mistakes.

I think I will go ahead and order 10 or so blotters next paycheck and hold em til I'm feeling a bit frisky. Thanks for the info guys :)

Jesus kat, those are some pretty insane doses!

Weren't you the one who was sent mislabeled 2c-p or something like that? You should change vendors man, those are some dangerous mistakes.

I think I will go ahead and order 10 or so blotters next paycheck and hold em til I'm feeling a bit frisky. Thanks for the info guys :)

Yes, that was me with the 2C-P. The vendor that sent me the 5-MeO-AMT was a Japanese vendor and I was being irresponsible by not testing it (I only had 100mg and I didn't want to waste any of it - could have easily cost me my life).

Both of those vendors are long gone. Actually the Japanese one closed up shop like 3 months after my overdose so who knows if they didn't kill someone in Japan :\

Good riddance, there's no need for such careless vendors. Sometimes I wonder if vendors just do this to offload all their chems that don't sell well without even thinking for one second what the consequences are. I bought some supposed "MDAI" recently and what they sent me was pure poison. It twacked me out of my gills for a good 12 hours and I was having bad heart palpitations, extreme fatigue and lethargy, and brain zaps. I was completely bed ridden for a day and a half. It was horrible, the good effects lasted like an hour and a half and the rest was pure comedown. Ordered a test kit right after that, too bad eztest only sells packs with individual testers now :/

Last edited:
Tried some amt I bought when it first came out which was 3-4 years ago? This was on Saturday night about 6 hrs after ingesting 425mg 3mmc each (quality 3mmc) 6hrs earlier.

50mg brown powder," stinks like an old maths teacher" was the description at the time. Really pungent sweaty leather smell. It was in a uv gripseal bag, inside a coffee jar, in a drawer in an unheated room. Both of us gelcapped it. We are well used to the 4 ho`s 5 meo`s and the whole 2c-x family and it blew us away. We have mega tolerance and my gf`s eyes were rolling in the back of her head. The only other thing to do this to her was crystal mdma about 5 years ago when that scene was good!

We had taken it before but couldn`t really remember what it was like except the long duration!

So no potency lost after all that time.

Thought this might be useful info.

Tried some amt I bought when it first came out which was 3-4 years ago? This was on Saturday night about 6 hrs after ingesting 425mg 3mmc each (quality 3mmc) 6hrs earlier.

50mg brown powder," stinks like an old maths teacher" was the description at the time. Really pungent sweaty leather smell. It was in a uv gripseal bag, inside a coffee jar, in a drawer in an unheated room. Both of us gelcapped it. We are well used to the 4 ho`s 5 meo`s and the whole 2c-x family and it blew us away. We have mega tolerance and my gf`s eyes were rolling in the back of her head. The only other thing to do this to her was crystal mdma about 5 years ago when that scene was good!

We had taken it before but couldn`t really remember what it was like except the long duration!

So no potency lost after all that time.

Thought this might be useful info.
This is good to know, although I doubt I will be able to make any amount of aMT last that long :p. I'm surprised you still got great effects after ingesting nearly half a gram of 3-MMC as aMT is A partial SRA. I too find aMT every bit as euphoric, if not more than MDMA at the right dose and have been totally bed-ridden with extreme euphoria, eye wiggles, and jaw tremor. No matter how many new psychs I take I always end up going back to aMT, perhaps this was because I had my first and most intense psychedelic experience with it. I <3 aMT :)

^ AMT is actually more potent a SRA than MDMA from my understanding. Its a full-blown TRI/TRA. I've certainly had much more intense euphoria with AMT at 50mg than I did from 150mg of MDMA. The trisma that AMT gave me at very high doses makes trisma from MDMA look like a walk in the park. I've had it so badly that my jaw would chatter even when I was talking, causing all of my words to come out in a trippy stuttering sound.

^ AMT is actually more potent a SRA than MDMA from my understanding. Its a full-blown TRI/TRA. I've certainly had much more intense euphoria with AMT at 50mg than I did from 150mg of MDMA. The trisma that AMT gave me at very high doses makes trisma from MDMA look like a walk in the park. I've had it so badly that my jaw would chatter even when I was talking, causing all of my words to come out in a trippy stuttering sound.
lol I can definately relate, the euphoria and bruxism/trisma in high enough doses in ruthless. Is their any info regarding the SRA aspects of aMT vs MDMA? I find it hard to believe a mild MAOI is as strong of a releaser as MDMA but I could be wrong, either way I agree that aMT is extremely euphoric.

Fascinating, although I will admit my knowledge on neurochemistry is below sub-par but I got the jist of things. Makes me wonder why it's hated by many people, I mean the bodyload isn't *that* bad although I may be the minority in that aspect. The main reason for suspicion is that MDMA tends to cause stronger depression, negative comedown, and horrible sleep paralysis while aMT does neither. Any reason why the stronger releasing agent would cause less negative after effects? I mean in theory aMT should cause stronger serotonin depletion related after effects. Until I see actual papers I will have *some* suspicion although ebola is a very bright person.

^I've read it theorized that 2,5-bis-(glutathion-S-yl)-alpha-methyldopamine is a neurotoxic metabolite of MDMA and MDA, and perhaps it is implicated in those negative after effects. Consider how much more similar 6-APB/APDB is to either MDMA or MDA relative to aMT, yet neither of those is reported to cause negative after effects to the same degree. As far as I know the serotonin releasing and reuptaking figures for aMT are derived from exposing it directly to isolated synaptic terminals from rat neurons. There are a number of other factors that could be involved in explaining the differences in the subjective effects and after effects of aMT versus MDMA and numerous other compounds within the human body (eg. different absorption, drug metabolites with their own independent effects, the dynamics of each compound's distribution in the brain, stuff we know nothing about yet, etc.).

On a more philosophic note, as a system the brain is so complicated I think it could be plausibly argued that even if we knew every last local biological process that occurred in our brains our working memory may nevertheless be insufficient to hold in subjective comprehension the number of truly meaningful interactions that might inform elaborate subjective experiences like empathogenic euphoria (which is, ironically, also to state that ultimately we may be incapable of fully understanding how we understand).

Last edited:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17223101

We developed a reproducible, simple, and small-scale method for determining the re-uptake and release of monoamines (dopamine, serotonin (5-HT) and norepinephrine) using rat brain synaptosomes. These assays were then applied to study the effects of different kinds of non-medically used psychoactive drugs on monoamine re-uptake and release. The phenethylamine derivatives, 4-fluoroamphetamine, 2-methylamino-3,4-methylene-dioxy-propiophenone (methylone), 1-(1,3-benzodioxol-5-yl)-2-butanamine (BDB), and N-methyl-1-(1,3-benzodioxol-5-yl)-2-butanamine (MBDB), had strong inhibitory effects on the re-uptake of dopamine, 5-HT and norepinephrine. 4-Fluoroamphetamine, methylone and BDB also strongly increased the release of the three monoamines, but MBDB increased 5-HT and norepinephrine release, but had little effect on dopamine release. However, 2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodophenethylamine (2C-I), 2,5-dimethoxy-4-ethylphenethylamine (2C-E), 2,5-dimethoxy-4-chlorophenethylamine (2C-C), 2,4,5-trimethoxyamphetamine (TMA-2) and 2,4,6-trimethoxyamphetamine (TMA-6), which are methoxylated phenethylamine derivatives, slightly influenced the re-uptake and release of monoamines. Alpha-metyltryptamine (AMT), a tryptamine derivative, was one of the strongest re-uptake inhibitors and releasers of the three monoamines. The tryptamine derivative, 5-methoxy-alpha-methyltryptamine (5-MeO-AMT), also strongly inhibited re-uptake and increased the release of the three monoamines. N,N-dipropyltryptamine (DPT), 5-methoxy-N,N-diisopropyltryptamine (5-MeO-DIPT), 5-methoxy-N,N-methylisopropyltryptamine (5-MeO-MIPT), and 5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine (5-MeO-DMT) inhibited monoamine re-uptake, but had a few effects on monoamine release. 1-(3-Chlorophenyl)piperazine (3CPP) and 1-(methoxyphenyl)piperazine (4MPP), which are piperazine derivatives, inhibited monoamine re-uptake and accelerated their release. The results suggest that some designer drugs strongly act on the central nerve system to the same extent as restricted drugs.

Also

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2043998/pdf/brjpharm00666-0109.pdf

Actually while the depression and crash of 5-apb was nothing like MDMA I was still left with minor sleep paralysis, something that I get on all serotonin releasers with the exception of aMT which I find stange with it being the stronger releaser. Sleep paralysis is known to be linked with serotonin depletion
What I also find strange is aMT causes little tolerance in me after one use and showed NO cross-tolerance with 5-apb. I took aMT one day and 80mgs of 5-apb the next day and it rocked my socks off, I couldn't imagine there was much if any cross tolerance. What's even more fascinating is ebola posted a link to an article that states that 5-apb lacks SERT activity. Here's the link to that study, http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0014299912010114. Actually he refers to 6-apb but I'm assuming this applies to 5-apb as well, it will explain the lack of cross-tolerance with aMT. I'll let the more knowledgable decifer the article. Also after reading your other post MK I happened to stumble upon those articles, interesting stuff indeed.

Edit: After reading through the article ebola posted it says that both 5 and 6-APB were potent full agonists and 5-HT2B....Am I missing something here? I'm not aware of 5-HT2B's function.

Last edited:
The same study found 5-apb to exert relevant but comparatively minor binding at SERT (compared to, like, MDMA). We might want to wait for replication, as this study doesn't provide ec50 data, which is what you really want with releasers, and some of the results contradict other studies (eg, it found mephedrone to lack strong binding at SERT, though other studies have suggested strong release mediated via SERT. . .same with MDAI, and other studies have found it to selectively bind and cause efflux via SERT).

However, data piling up suggest that mere 5ht2b agonism might be sufficient for entactogenesis....or at least the 'feel' typical of entactogens, particularly when combined with other monoaminergic release.

ebola

Hello to all! My first real post here!=D Just introduced myself...
Hope I am doing this in the right place!

Well, Me and my friends had a session with aMT, DMT and 5-meo-DMT last weekend. I just want to share some practical usefull observations:

My girlfriend, who was with me, takes SSRI (Lexapro = escitalopram oxalate: 22mg everyday) and I was reluctant to give her anything, especially aMT, since it is said to be a “mild” MAOI. But... HELL, she really wanted it so I said OK, but take small dose.

She did ~13mg orally and everything went really well! Also, she really enjoyed the time we had and reported feeling a great “peace of soul”. Oh and we had lots of alcohool too, which isn't normally recommended to take with SSRI nor aMT.
I took ~33mg and had a great time too! However, I got a little paranoia and anxiety because I took too much yerba mate (lots of caffeine), and manly because I smoked weed, and I don't get along with it very well... I also had lots of jaw tension!

I am not saying its OK to mix SSRI's + MAOIs + Alcohool! I am just saying we did it in those stated quantities and everything went great. We did not even notice any slight rise in her body temperature.
Also, aMT + too much caffeine gave a lot of muscle tesion, so IMHO it should be avoided. aMT will make me stay up for 12+ hours, so there is really no need.
Also, we smoked 5-meo-dmt 1 hour before we ate the aMT. It also felt just GREAT! My first time on 5-meo-dmt, despite I already did DMT many times before. No bad interaction with SSRI too. For me the afterglow seemed to last a little longer because of the IMAO effects of the aMT.

Another usefull observation is regarding the degradation of those substances. When I was first researching about aMT before buying it (2years ago), I read in bluelight many people stating their aMT degraded very fast, going to a bluish goo appearance, with awful smell. I recalled the first time I (supposedly) took aMT, more than 5 years ago. We got it second hand, from a not-so-trustful "friend", and I remember it's color was greyish an it semelled just TERRIBLE! It was like a mix of wet dog and the dentist's office. The effects were similar to the ones described in the forum: shitloads of bodyload and pukefest for all. Not fun...

However, this last batch was bought from a trusted vendor, the color is white-tan (I guess, don't remember well) and the smell is almost non-existent. We also stored this aMT for 2 years (original package -> opaque plastic jar with silica -> freezer), and today the characteristics are still, apparently, the same! And so are the effects. Just slight discomfort in the comeup, followed buy joyful euphoria, mild visuals, lots of empathy and easy conversations. Lots of fun!

I still do not understand why I had those clearly different effects. Maybe the first batch wasn't as pure, or maybe it wasn't stored so well, maybe freebase/hcl difference? I have to look again at the baggie in which this last batch came to see which one it is.
What I know is that if you store your aMT away from light, umidity, oxigen and temperature, like I did, it won't decompose significantly in less than 2 years, despite being said it is an unstable substance.

aMT freebase is 20% more potent than HCl by weight. Its not a terribly large difference when it comes to lower doses but higher doses it becomes more important.

But what I meant was a qualitative difference in effects. The first batch (the smelly one) gave a lot of body load,everybody puked and we didn't experience so much euphoria.
The second batch didn't... we all were very uplifted and almost no side-effects whatsoever.

Yes, the "smelly" batch was smelly because of the skatole impurity. Its quite possible that there were other impurities in there which contributed to the body load.

A friend of mine left out a vial of aMT freebase without thinking. She left it in the living room where sun could get to it for almost a week. Even though it was in a closed cobalt vial, when she opened the vial for us all to trip, the smell filled the room and all of us had headaches, nausea (I ended up throwing up projectile style and so did two others), and very little euphoria. It got a bit better when we smoked some northern lights but it never really became magical. This was the same stuff we took a month prior and all of us had an amazing time. There is definitely something to be said for the instability of this chemical. We also didn't know that she had left it out beforehand so it wasn't a placebo where we all made ourselves sick either.

man i would love to try AMT but all this smelly, vomiting talk is sketching me out.

if that stuff wasnt in the picture, it seems like it would be great for a house party.

Status
Not open for further replies.