• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-MALT Thread

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/702155-Hear-me-out-Im-pretty-interesting!?p=12022986#post12022986

I have had some experience with this chem and am actually mostly the reason it came into existence thanks to a favor from a Chinese supplier I have a huge history with! I havealways thought it would be a gem in my dreams, seriously haha but anyways since this thread exists now I will do a live TRtonight I havealready taken it to 9mg with lil activity so I will be looking for an active dose tonight to give you guys something to read on it, btw its a slightly off white red tint powder (was bleach white when I received it) I was sent the mass spec ans nmr but I dont know how to post photos on a mobile device..

I'd suggest you write your trip report into a text file and save periodically when adding to it. Live reports are frowned upon if I remember correctly, it also means you have more time to format it and fix it up (rather than posting in an influenced state) before posting.

oh I didn't knowthat well I will format my experience into aclear report and post, because it was rather interesting. reminded me alot of 5-meo-mipt as far as its mental clarity and near complete lackof visuals on lower doses, and a touch ofexcitement and speedyness like what I feel people are describing when refering to 5-meo-dalt trip reports and to comment on the "MALT-hole" TR are you sure you have the same material this thread is on because, unless it acts as a totally different drug nasally, I couldn't see experiencing any type of hole at that dose and I'm 110Lbs soaking wet.. the only supplier that offers it didn't publicly list it on their site as available til this last week when the mass spec and everything came back. clean, and shipping takes quite whilr this time of year from those parts of the world.

Last edited:
ok so I won't have time to do a full write up, but I can without a doubt say that 5-meo-malt is most definitely active nasally.! 2x 5mg bumbs up the nose gave m a distinct +1 maybe +2 lasted 2-4hours for the mist part and was extremely energetic, very entactogenic for a tryptamine imo

5-MeO-DALT wasn't a dud? There's a megathread for it on the forum and multiple users have stated effects were felt and noticeable.
I guess this is mainly because the brits cannot obtain most tryptamines except this one legally...

I took too much DALT once, I'll admit it's not amazing but there are definitely effects there. The time I went overboard ended with me puking in the bathroom whole the room waved around me.

We can get better stuff though, aMT for example.

There is some additional info from the same user, but she/he does not really add much of importance except for emphasizing his/her enthusiasm for the substance in question:
"In addition I'd also like to add that I don't recommend intranasal administration of 5-MEO-MALT because of the burning sensation. However, to each his own, and I chose to go this route" [...] "effects start to kick in much faster this way, the burn is x2 of that you'd get from snorting 4-Me-MAPB." [...] "start low and slowly increase your dosage, because the effects of 5-MEO-MALT are powerful and intense. In my research I haven't felt any tolerance issues in relation to the substance and its effects".

I remember reading somewhere that this is a recent Shulgin chemical that he synthesized with his assistant.. I think it said activity was starting around the 1-3mg mark which is in line with other 5-Methoxy tryptamines.

Certainly something I'm extremely interested in.

Yes it is but he was rather cautious about calling it 5 meo MALT. Sounds more like a fucking milk shake. I think his fear was the ambiguity of these names for substances and with the RC market... he was right! If it's anything like 5 meo-dipt/mipt I'll be going nowhere near it.

It was talked about in the movie about the Shulgins "Dirty Pictures" (good documentary btw). He was on camera talking about it in the lab with the assistant.

I remember reading somewhere that this is a recent Shulgin chemical that he synthesized with his assistant.. I think it said activity was starting around the 1-3mg mark which is in line with other 5-Methoxy tryptamines.

Certainly something I'm extremely interested in.

Do you have any source for this purported dosage? The one trip report I've seen (posted in this thread and elsewhere) seems to go far beyond 1-3mg, but there is not much information to be ascertained such as previous experience, tolerance, etc. and it almost sounds like the experience was overwhelming - though I have no idea why one would start with such relatively high doses in the first place.

Obviously one would want to do an allergy test and titrate up slowly from there, but would anyone who has tried this one be able to give a more precise estimate for threshold, low, common, strong, etc. dosages? I'm mostly curious if the doses would be more akin to 5-MeO-DALT or other 5-substituted tryptamines such as 5-MeO-MIPT or even 5-MeO-DIPT.

magical cat said:
I wonder if Shulgin purposely divulged 5-MeO-DALT with his own endorsement to send the RC community on a wild goose chase and is doing it again with 5-MeO-MALT.

Shulgin's response to many compounds is a bit idiosyncratic.

ebola

Hello guys sorry for my absence I have meant to post some detailed information but felt the bulk of my trials didn't deserve a write up yet... til recently! it has definitely proven to be similar to 5-meo-dalt from what I read I don't find much correlation with 5-meo-mipt tho and I have personally tried that. My method was oral and or nasal found the nasal to be more effective but I am still not sure whether it was more pleasant. .. I can certainly say it takes at least 4-6mg oral 3-5mg nasal to notice basic effects I would recommend (after allergy testing and titration) a single oral dose of 10-20mg depending on weight to achieve a basic +\++ I would be wrong to comment further on higher doses as I don't have any experience with anything above 12mg yet but I am going to do another oral dose tomorrow of 18mg to hopefully get into a ++\+++ and see what it has to offer visual wise.

Why would Shulgin be sending the RC community on a wild goose chase ? I don't understand the reasoning - to what purpose ?

Anymore trip reports for this one? very interested in this but would like to hear some more reports before ordering :)

I wonder if Shulgin purposely divulged 5-MeO-DALT with his own endorsement to send the RC community on a wild goose chase and is doing it again with 5-MeO-MALT. 5-MeO-DALT by virtually all accounts was a dud yet Shulgin had called it a gem. I hope 5-MeO-MALT doesn't turn out the same way. :p

Been using 5 meo dalt for a year now and love it for what it is....a mild midweek great fun short lived trip which feel like ecstsy light.

25mg is nice for me but ive tried it up to 60mg which started to get tripper than I wanted.

Lovely stuff!

Going to share here as well as my usual forum because info is thin on the ground and information is power, right?

After a preliminary, sub 1-mg allergy test 4 days ago decided to give 5-MeO-MALT a try. Based on loose information from a few fellow testers and a badly translated thread on a swedish forum, I jumped in at 10mg vaped (start LOWER!). I think I assumed that after vaping 5-MeO-DALT (20mg for a sort of headrush) and 4-AcO-DALT (40mg gave me some minor visuals and psych headspace for an hour or so) that this would be much the same.... wrong.

9.48pm - vaped 10mg 5-MeO-MALT
I didn't actually finish vaping the whole 10mg, though there might not be much of it left. Almost immediately the world looked different, there was the DALT-like rush but then patterns started to appear in the shadows, and the curtains started to move and before long the pictures on the wall were morphing and dancing.

Then it all got a bit intense. I just lay down and watched it for a while. I got a bit hot and my heart beat a little faster. I was prepared to see where it went, with the knowledge that I had sedatives in case it all got too much but then, all of a sudden, as quickly as it started the world went mostly back to normal.

9.55pm - Only 7 minutes later, hands a bit shaky, jump on chat and worry forum admins (though already most of the way back to baseline)

22.30pm - having a cup of tea and feeling baseline if a bit sweaty

It wasn't unpleasant but it was unexpectedly strong.

Basically about 5 minutes of acid-like visuals, some body load and a little confusion.

I haven't done a lot of psychedelics lately so what's intense for me may be mild to others, but either way there's a lot more to this compound than there is to the DALTs. Caution (but also cautious optimism) advised.

I guess this is mainly because the brits cannot obtain most tryptamines except this one legally...

maybe in part but many liked it and I doubt it was just Brits; the UK is covered in psilocybin. 5DALT wasn't high ranking material so I am not going to defend it too much but if you like a short easy to handle thing it suited for some situations. There are other tryptamines that are available outside the UK that are no better frankly IMO but each to there own.

So this thread is quiet.
Is it because the 5meo malt is shit ? Or is there just not a lot to say about it ?

Is there anyone out there loving or hating the stuff ?

I think this is gonna be banned in the UK by the way, not only was 5-MeO-DALT listed explicitly but they are now going to prohibit alkylene substituted tryptamines which means that the AL (allyl) containing ones including the MALTs, EALTs, PALTs, iPALTs etc are not in legal loopholes anymore. Sorry guys.