• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DiPT Thread

There is this link in SLR that might help you too.
I personally think foxy is great. I am lucky enough to not be bothered by the stomach calamities others have. I have done doses ranging from ~10mgs to ~30mgs, and have always had a pleasant, enjoyable experience.
I think foxy is a good tool in a role-playing scenario. Its easier to get into the character while under the psychadelic influence, and the tactile sensations are tremendously enhanced.
I would rate foxy higher than lsd on my subjective list of favorite substances.

IMO, foxy is great for sex. While it does not make me want to have sex in particular, if the situation arises, it is intense and insane.
Think about fucking Denise Richards and is seems like it is happening, the visualazions along with the increased sense of touch are out of this world. Plus I find that you can control your point of release with ridiculous precesion...I think I'll come....... NOW!
Your reload time is greatly diminished too.
But then again, I get close to the same results with acid, 2CB etc, just with those, its too easy to go off on a tangent and forget why you are there :)

Here's how you ended up hearing about sex and foxy: Alexander Shulgin is a nutcase. He mentioned foxy having a sexual aspect. People who read his material take foxy and have the sex thing in their heads and my guess is that for 90% of people it's nothing more than a placebo effect.
Well, I don't agree that Shulgin is a 'nutcase' (and if he is, then I sure wish I was more 'nutty'), but I think the rest of your point is right on. IMO the whole 'foxy is a major sex drug' hype is totally placebo. I'd say that stimulants (meth, coke) and GHB/alcohol are more genuinely 'sexual' drugs.
Regarding dosage, my one and only experience with foxy was around 40mgs, possibly more. Amazingly it barely did anything to me! Then again I react strangely to the 5-MEOs...

Sex was not an option on about 50mg/foxy.... My boyfriend and I fucked up really bad with the dosages b/c by mistake was sent foxy when it was suppose to be AMT .....I hate foxy, it was my first and last episode with it. Even on a low dose i still can't imagine sex on it.. :)

Opinions on different ways to take 5-meo-dipt?

Some friends and I may take foxy this weekend. One has done it once, and is reluctant to do it again because of the digestive problems, but that was at 16mg. The other two have never tried it, but one has a pretty sensitive stomach. So, I was reading on Erowid looking for alternatives to taking foxy orally.
I saw some had tried sublinually for five minutes. It was not clear whether they gave up after five minutes or whether five minutes was enough time for sublingual ingestion, though it appears that it was the former. Anyone have any experiences with this method?
I also saw a couple people who insufflated it, which sounds the most promising to me. One reported that it was unpleasant, but that faded after about 15 minutes, and there was less (or no) nausea for most of the trip. That sounded promising. I think my friends might be able to stand a little nasal burning and bad taste for 15 minutes (before the foxy hits) rather than the nausea during the experience (especially if we go out). However, I thought I read that with some drugs, all insufflating it does is provide a different path to the stomach (i.e., it does not go to the lungs but instead drips to the throat and into the stomach, so you really shouldn't experience less nausea plus you have the sinus problems. Does anyone who has tried this have opinions?
Finally, there is always smoking it. Other than pot, I've only smoked dmt, only a couple times, so I'm very inexperienced with this. If anyone has experience with smoking foxy and things you get the benefits and avoid the nausea, I'd like to hear about it, along with any recommendations for changing dosage.
If I haven't thought of anything else that you might recommend (not plugging, though), feel free to add it.
Thanks,
~psychoblast~

Snorting could be an alternative. I did this a few times, with around 8-10mg, and it is effective and not too bad..some burning and dripping but not unbearable...effects were almost identical to oral ingestion...but body load was present as well...
To smoke it, you would probably need to freebase the powder first.

what i experienced with insufflation as route of ingestion is that after an initial 10 mg oral dose accompanied with slight stomach squench and bits of mindfuck, 7 hours later 5 mg went up my nose it brought my trip up further then i were i was from my oral intake adventure. although the dose was only half and my body should have become tollerant to 5-meo-dipt it didn t turn out that way.
it felt way better warmer colors warmer everything cool hallucinations. you get the point. its no waste just watch your dosage because in your nose it smells like something died.
the other to routes smokin/sublingual don t appeal to me that much.

Insufflating it is not any easier on the body for me. But it is pretty horrible. While the burn for me is not as bad as for most people, the drip is horrible. You can't wash it down even if you drink a lot and there is a very unpleasant aftertaste that lingers for about an hour or so. I say yuo should take it orally unless you want to IV it or experiment with freebasing it. Insufflating it is something I can't recomment, it really has the worst taste of anything I have ever tried in my life, drugs or not.
Also I have noticed that there are a lot of posts on 5-meo-dipt recently, something tells me that this tryptamine will not be legal for very long.

Since snorting is not that different (in come up time, body load, intensity etc) from a pill, its not worth the unpleasant drip. Loperamide or pepto-bismol usually prevents any problems. You are more likely to vomit from snorting than orally (some people gag from the taste/burn).
The freebase is easy to make with ammonia. Simply pour ammonia in a vial, add the meodipt; they become larger fluffier crystals. Pour it through a filter (fine metal works the best) and you are left with the freebase. Smoke it off foil/lightbulb, but avoid burning with a direct flame. The smoke tastes nasty, not unlike its actual taste. An immediate buzz is felt, but still comes on somewhat slowly. You reach the peak in about 45 minutes, and comedown rather fast, but transient effects can be felt for 4-6 hours later (dose dependent).
Also the IM or IV method seems interesting. I have never personally done it, but I've seriously considered it. If I were to actually stick a needle in myself for foxy, it would be intravenously.
So far the best way i found to take this so-so substance (i take it because i have it) is orally. Maybe IV is better, but im wary of unnecessary needles.

i sniffed foxy once, probably about 25 mgs and it was the worst drug experiance of my life. i felt like complete shit for the first 2 hours, i couldnt do anything except curl up in a ball and wait it out....... if you think the body load is less harsh when sniffing it, then your dead fucking wrong. the body load when sniffing was a million times worse, not only was it the worst burn i ever felt in my life, but as soon as the burning stoped the stomach problems hit me like a ton of fucking bricks. not to mention the fact that you start tripping complete balls real fast, combined wit h the stomach thing it is NOT fun. it was the strangest thing, it felt like my asshole and my stomach were one thing, like as if i could shit out my mouth and puke out my asshole, it was like as if i was doing both at the same time, it was a complete nightmare. after about 2 hours all the bad effects whent away tho, and i felt REAL nice for about 8 hours. definetly not worth it tho

For a lot of drugs, nasal administration allows the drug to be absorbed into the blood stream through the mucous membrane, bypassing the stomach. Some drugs will not pass through the membrane, or don't pass through it well, and those go to the stomach. I would think that 5-meo-dipt would be absorbed just fine nasally, but I am not sure.
Keep in mind that most of the nausea is produced in the brain and not the stomach, so using another route is only going to effect the stomach problems to a certain degree. And because other methods of administration are often more effective, it may be worse because the experience as a whole may be more powerful.
Though you've said you are against it, I've heard some pretty good reports about rectal administration of 5-meo-dipt. Some people report it reduces the nausea very much.
Pure

Originally posted by PuristLove:

Though you've said you are against it, I've heard some pretty good reports about rectal administration of 5-meo-dipt. Some people report it reduces the nausea very much.
Pure

DEFINITELY the way to go. There's no nausea, it doesn't sting at all back there ;) and you need only 50-75% of your normal oral dose to get the same effects. Snorting is not worth it, for the nausea is worse than with oral 5-MeO-DIPT and the drip is abominable. Smoking works well, but be prepared for that disgusting taste and the resulting few minutes of transient nausea. Trust me, just stick it up the bum, you won't regret it!

Hey Purist, do you have any links for reports on plugging 5-meo-dipt? It sounds interesting, would like to read about it.

I know that you're mainly looking for alternative methods but I have found that if you keep the amount smaller (8mg-10mg) the stomach problems tend to be lesser also. The first time I took 5-meo-dipt my stomach was so upset and my skin itched so much I almost never tried it again (it was about 15mg), but now that I have tried again at slightly smaller doses it is one of my favorites.
Personally, I would rather chance an upset stomache rather than have to worry about the drain for the next hour or so.
-Vg

Toastyroachy:
Your post reminds me of the geniuses who OD'ed on 2c-t-7 by insufflating >35mg doses. Why would you do so much before testing the waters? Jesus.. kids these days..

ceryc, not off the top of my head... I'm sure there are some at erowid. The reports I was referring to came from friends and acquaintances.

Originally posted by toastyroachy:
i sniffed foxy once, probably about 25 mgs and it was the worst drug experiance of my life.
I wonder why? Maybe because an effective oral "trippy" dose is about 20-25% of what you did, and you did it intranasally, which some say is a more effective administration than orally. Even if it isn't you aren't very bright. You make me wish there was a RC repo man that could come to your house and repossess any research chemicals you've purchased and sell them at a discount to people who have brains (or at least know how to use them).

for those of you who are thinking about freebasing foxy, keep in mind that the freebase form of this chemical is extremely unstable. don't convert any more than you plan on taking at once. i've lost over a quarter of a gram that way when i tried to store some of the freebased chem for later. btw, i love foxy very much. please be careful with it so me and everyone else never have to resort to illegal means to aquire it. peace.

how did you go about freebasing this chemical james? don't really want to start another thread...

Thanks for the responses. I guess plugging actually sounds promising, though my friends may be squeamish about that (I'm a little more practical).
~psychoblast~