• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 5-IT / 5-API Thread

So can someone help me out.
What is this talk about there not being 14 deaths around, but instead 3? What is the source?
Because I have been in contact rmv ( Rättsmedicinalverket/The National Board of Forensic Medicine ) and they confirmed that 5-IT was invloved.

They said that 5-IT has been mislabeled and called 5/6-APB, don't really change anything.
5-IT still kills people. Sure they might have used smaller doses if they knew that it was 5-IT, but we don't know.
People seem to take large doses of 5-IT.

And I hear something about how pure it is.
Who knows this? Do you know if all deaths are from one supplier? In that case please enlighten me.

Last edited:
And just to confirm, if anyone knows from experience... is this true, that they don't have any REALLY good batches of 6-apb around anymore?? The only good batches are gone? Or is this latest whiter batch compare to the old dark brown ones I heard of? Sorry if this is off topic.

The top quality 6-APB is still going around and has been from the beginning, I've never had any trouble getting it. I've had one batch of stuff that was a little weaker but not by much, and that was due to using a different place not a drop in the quality from places I'd been using before. FYI all the batches I've been getting are still a dark tan, never changed.

Let's keep any/all 6-APB talk to the 6-APB thread please though. Isn't needed here.

Also regarding the deaths etc - like any other stimulant, 5-IT clearly isn't extremely safe. As with all stimulants though, most of those risks can be mitigated by keeping use infrequent and avoiding redoses/dosing too high.

I think at the very least the one month rule should be applied with this and while some might like to think that's excess, I think if anything that's being a little lenient when a new MDxx-like chemical comes on the market, and there have been deaths reported, and we know very little about its actual safety/chemistry.

I also don't think people should be exceeding doses of 200mg in a night at an absolute maximum. People are getting good effects from 100-150mg so there's no reason to overdo it and take a risk.

If you're the type to like pushing boundaries and redosing, taking higher doses and being absolutely mashed gurning your teeth into powder and your gums into a bloody mess of flesh and bone.. stick with MDMA and other compounds we actually know a thing or two about please :D <3 ;)

And talking about it doesn't change anything either. Honestly there are much more important things to be worried about in the world today, than 5-IT. I think they just use this kind of petty shit to distract us from what is really going on..

5-IT is not going to end existence. (But infact it could SAVE the world as I said in another post!)

Yeah but I'm very sure someone is spreading false rumours and saying that it's not as dangerous as it is.
And that is a major problem, something that could lead to more hospitalization or deaths.

And I will check out your post about how it can save the world.
And what is really going on? Please enlighten me.

My idea is that due to the long come up people are redosing before the first dose has fully taken effect. This is causing overdose. Pure speculation of course.

Don't think that's a joke no, clearly he's missing the dopaminerush and wants it there too. Though if it's a good idea, I won't comment on/recommend anything

Br/c

Obviously not healthy mix at all, but I do enjoy mdma and speed combo, thats why i was asking about this and whether anybody tried it (and survived to tell ;)

There was a guy on a uk board yesterday that took 150mg followed by 100mg 3hrs later.

He purchased it from a uk vendor and it was nothing like the fine light tan stuff I have been getting. This was large dark brown crystals and he posted a picture of it and it looked filthy. Very similar looking to the first brown mdai which came out a few years back.

The guy thought he was going to die. This was someone with 15 years rc experience. He kept complaing of what he called `heart pain` and started speaking to us in a manner that he really did think he was going to die at any minute.

It did not sound pleasant at all.

Here is a picture of it.

Xu5Be.jpg

Have anybody tried mixing it with amphetamine to make it more stimulating?

have tried it with some MPA, fine combo imo, but really there is no reason for it, it's enough stimulating on it's own.

DAMN I would not take that if it even is 5-it on that picture! I have got different batches, but always been very fine powder. Nothing like that, looks like eh dno really :\

Eww, brown RC's always sketch me out! There are plenty of worthy RC stims out there that aren't quite as likely to kill you. Hopefully people will drop this 5-IT crap, at least until the manufacturing kinks are worked out. Not worth it.

250mg is double what most people are taking though, is it not?

Mine is a brick red powder from a vendor who have since removed it from stock.

When in doubt, double the dose, right? Wait, that doesn't apply when your RC looks like a crude plant extraction?! What?!!

man, whatever happened to critical thinking? All signs are there that something not right is afoot, yet the recklessness and stupidity carry on in full effect. . Sigh. . .

As was mine, possibly from the same vendor who's since removed it. Not as fine as 6-APB, ever so slightly gritty, almost brick dust-like in texture also but still very uniform in particle size and colour. Absolutely nothing like the pic above. I'm no chemist but how could a clean synth of a pure substance possibly produce particles as variable in colour and texture as that? That can't possibly be right, surely?

I'm no chemist but how could a clean synth of a pure substance possibly produce particles as variable in colour and texture as that? That can't possibly be right, surely?

Looks like two distinctly different colors in there to me, which makes me think two different substances perhaps.

wN7rL.jpg

This is the 5-IT i have seen
Got it from 2 different vendors and it looks exactly like it is the same stuff.
From experiments 80-100mg's is more than enough to satisfy me for a long time. It needs 2 hours before the effects begin ^^

Someone on UKRC has just reported a death in the boards community and as far as I can tell so far it is NOT from the awful looking stuff I posted a picture of so it could be from the light tan stuff.

All he says is that it`s an experienced member.

I really wouldnt like it if it does turn out to be the light tan stuff which we all `think` is safer!

Maybe we really should hang back using any form of 5-IT until more info is known.

This is getting real scary.

Mela.....Whats the use of posting a link to an article you have to pay for?

Copy and paste it here if you want to help others please.

gftL8.jpg
5-IT or 5-API is the common name for a newly emerging designer drug.1 It is a positional isomer of the tryptamine drug α-methyltryptamine and has the chemical structure (1H-indol-5-yl)propan-2-amine. Currently not controlled in Europe, it is covered, however, by the federal analogue acts in the USA2 and Australia.3 Very little is known about the acute or chronic effects of 5-IT. An oral dose of 20 milligrams is said to produce long lived stimulant effects, including increased heart rate, anorexia, diuresis, and slight hyperthermia for about 12 hours.4 Recently we identified 5-IT in postmortem blood samples of two young adults. The substance was found in combination with other drugs in one case. In the other, 5-APB/6-APB (a designer drug similar in some respects to the chemical structure of 3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA)) was also found. The National Board of Forensic Medicine in Sweden has recently identified the drug in 14 deaths and 5-IT was said to be the direct cause of death in two of these cases.

5-IT is inexpensive, easily available online as a so called research chemical and therefore has the potential for becoming a replacement for other recently banned designer drugs. The medical community should be aware of both the availability and use of 5-IT within the UK. The drug needs to be banned, but again regulatory control in the UK will be chasing designer drug innovation.

Competing interests: None declared.

1 Watson R. EU drug monitoring agency voices concerns over “legal highs”. BMJ 2010;341:c6491.
2 US Food and Drug Administration. Controlled Substances Act. Title 21, chapter 13, subchapter 1. www.fda.gov/regulatoryinformation/legislation/ucm148726.htm.
3 Australasian Legal Information Institute. Criminal Code Act 1995. www.austlii.edu.au/cgi- bin/download.cgi/au/legis/cth/consol_act/cca1995115.
4 Erowid. www.erowid.org/library/books_online/tihkal/tihkal48.shtml.
5 The Swedish National Institute of Public Health. Folkhälsoinstitutet föreslår förbud för ny livsfarlig nätdrog. 26 July 2012. www.fhi.se/Aktuellt/Nyheter/Folkhalsoinstitutet-foreslar-forbud-for-ny-livsfarlig-natdrog.

From another forum.

"This drug needs to be banned".

Not a helpful commentary, but certainly interesting. I expect this will be banned lickety split now, despite the fact that it is almost uniformly unavailable.

Last edited: