• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 5-IT / 5-API Thread

Provided that there are these risks of serotonin syndrome what is the safest way for someone to proceed given the choice to use? Supplements? Dose? Available antidotes to have on hand?

Reading lessons in school were wasted on me. My bad!

Last edited:
5-IT with MPA?

^ another quality post. It would indeed be a remarkable conspiracy if deaths were reported from several different countries (3 so far) by completely independent sources, backed by valid medical and coroners reports. And equally as incredible if the substance in question eroused suspicion via it's projected SAR, before any human trials (save for shulgin) even trickled in. And then, even more amazing, when reports of problems began to show up they were the exact symptoms usually associated with the potential problems of these nature. But hey, everything is a conspiracy, right?

Also, a huge variation exists amongst individuals in their susceptibility to "serotonin syndrome". We don't know why this but it is widely assumed to be genetic. So, what doesn't kill 9 dudes could kill the tenth. And individuals vary quite a bit themselves. Meaning, what doesn't kill you 9 times could kill you the tenth.

Not fear mongering, just stating the obvious,in that it appears there are problems with this substance and that due caution is advised.

Sorry I dont have the scientific knowledge you have all I know is that all the media reported deaths in the past 5 years have been proven false!

Every time the British goverment want to ban a drug there are deaths, they ban it, then we find out the deaths were nothing to do with said drugs.

Who can blame me and others for thinking the pied piper has got his pipe out again?

Even the swedish themselves don`t believe it and think it is all down to their `rave police` as they call them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got around 90mg of 6apb left, don't really feel that's enough to do the job for me personally, was thinking of adding some 5it to the mix, but not much. However after that recent incident in sweden, i don't think i'll mix them at all :s Probably just get in some more 6apb, i wanted a more mellow session tomorrow but meh, first time going out in a LONG time so i wanna really enjoy it.

Anyways i'll hopefully have a report in a few days, its been over two months since i had any, so it'll be interesting to see if it treats me the same as before. Still got about 4g of a batch i ordered in May, ill get through it eventually xD

Also, after reading the forums, i get the feeling that taking citalopram (perhaps other SSRIs?) actually makes these substances more potent/pleasant. Would this make any sense or is it me jumping to silly conclusions? I've tried my best reading up how all these drugs affect my mind and body, but i'm not particularly savvy with all the science stuff :p Would be cool if someone could shed some light on this for me.

EDIT: Also, with the deaths in sweden, has there been any solid evidence showing EXACTLY what was consumed, how much, and if so, are they going to run any tests on it? (sorry if i've missed info) If not, i'm assuming the whole thing was blown out of proportion by the press for the sake of selling a story and making, yet again, the world seem full of doom and gloom, where everything can kill you and you basically cant have fun. For the most part i really despise the press >:|

Last edited:
I got 10 pellets of 5-IT each containing 120mg. I split 1 pellet into 3 equal parts and took 1 part. Pretty nice effect like most describe after 2 hours which lasted for about 6 hours total. Next day I read about the 14 deaths in Sweden, so all remaining 9.67 pellets I flushed down the toilet.

For me, at the slightest doubt, I just don't do it. No one would take so much efforts to try to ban a chemical, there is always a hint of truth in their stories even if they are lies.

Provided that there are these risks of serotonin syndrome what is the safest way for someone to proceed given the choice to use? Supplements? Dose? Available antidotes to have on hand?

Benzodiazepines are a must.

Also, after reading the forums, i get the feeling that taking citalopram (perhaps other SSRIs?) actually makes these substances more potent/pleasant. Would this make any sense or is it me jumping to silly conclusions? I've tried my best reading up how all these drugs affect my mind and body, but i'm not particularly savvy with all the science stuff :p Would be cool if someone could shed some light on this for me.

could it not just be that you have less overall anxieties related to recreational drug use? usually an ssri would somewhat dampen the effects of a drug.

maybe some of you missed it but there was one more death and one "mini stroke" case recently. a member of ukcr-forum passed away after using 5-IT and several others complained about it. the wife warned the people about this horrible incident. all tough I really loved it in the beginning I have to admit that the last two experiments with 5-IT I had experienced problems as well. anxiety, heart rate 120 and an uncomfortable feeling in the first 1.5 hours was normal before the relaxing part came. so I got used to it. but the last 2 times it was only anxiety, high pulse, dizziness and vasoconstriction for hours until I decided its enough and took a val which solved the problems.

i have the feeling that there are differences in batches and vendors ... another idea is that 5-IT shows its bad effects after a certain time of use. how else can I explain that the first 6 times it was awesome but the 7th time it started to make problems?

better is to keep hands of it until more is clear...

I'd like to concur with the previous post (and to counter my earlier post on this!)
Last week myself and a friend did 75mg each, the day after 150mg of 4-fa. It was a very hot day, and we kept going between the hot outdoors and the icy air conditioned indoors. Immediately after consuming the 5-IT we had a substantial (excessively large quantities) of fancy Memphis BBQ.
Unlike my previous report, the first hour or so was somewhat nauseus, I felt drastically overheated every time we went outside, panicky and with strange speedy like rushes. This wore off after a while, but left us in such a state of mind that we thought it a good idea to go home and avoid people. Only about 5-6 hours in did we begin to notice the lovely effects of 5-IT, and then for a much reduced period of time.
Given the only slightly higher dose than when i REALLY enjoyed this drug (55mg and a 25mg top up vs 75mg all at once) I can't guarantee this wasn't a result of either residual 4-fa, or feeling sick from the bbq and the heat, however I was completely underwhelmed compared to what I expected from my previous experience. I'm going to re-try this again at 75mg to see if this is duplicated sometime as it could have just been set/setting/residual drugs,

However I just wanted to make clear my previous glowing report was MUCH nicer than this experience, and I had expected more of the same, just in a higher intensity. It did ultimately turn out pleasant, but the first few hours were not even enjoyable. It did still end up having a frankly wonderful body buzz and contented joy, but in all honesty Methylone would have been much nicer. It's a curious one for sure this drug.

Many people report these unpleasant effects when underdosing.

75mg produced the same for me whereas 125mg was excellent and I have taken this dosage over 50 times and the effects are consistant.

I had the same with AMT at 30mg hcl it was just 12hrs of anxiety whereas 50mg of the same batch was incredible time after time.

YMMV of course!

rainey: I would not at all be surprised if you're right about that. What surprised me was that 55mg was obviously quite mild, but amazed me with its gentle lovelyness, substantial empathy and euphoria, and complete lack of (expected) hyperthermia.

I'm not too inclined to up the doses any further till we understand more about the alleged bad effects, but I would not at ALL be surprised if the symptoms I experienced at 75mg were purely due to overeating and overheating in the sun, and not drug related at all. Having said that, I think the more reports we have on this substance the better we can judge it.

On a more positive note, It again astounded me the incredible longetivity of something so nice. I also had no problems sleeping at a reasonable time (although 10hours after consumption maybe), to the extent I'd even be suspicious that the pleasurable effects actually outlast the stimulation. I'd certainly suggest not filling yourself with pulled pork to bursting point immediately after consumption though :)

I've seen some people in this thread mention the different method of action of this compared to MDMA etc, but I don't recall seeing it described. I'd certainly be interested in an explaination, even if it's just a guess! Apologies if this has already been covered.

Not a must with this one come down is easy. Be safe and dont overdo it.

Under normal circumstances they are not needed but if you`ve been following this thread then you should know by now WHY they are now `a MUST`

Under normal circumstances they are not needed but if you`ve been following this thread then you should know by now WHY they are now `a MUST`

I wouldnt say a must.
But its always a good idea with downers on hand, you dont know how your body will react.

Last edited:
If the people who died had benzo`s on hand, many, if not all of them, could have survived, as high heart rate was the common factor.

I stand by my statement that if you are going to experiment with 5-IT then it is indeed a must and to argue this point is just plain stupid.

I'd rate benzos on par with sensible use, then again it wouldn't be sensible use without benzos at hand to begin with, so it's kinda pointless to argue as far as i am concerned.

On a related note, I research this compound bombing 50 mg followed by another 50 a couple hours later. At that dose it was meh, but hyperthermia through out the trip, and boy it's a long one, was enough to put me off. I don't think i'll try this one at a higher dose, if at all.

The interesting part is, around 24 hours after the last dose i ingested 80 mg of 3-mmc to give me an energy boost because i was feeling kind of drained. Normally 80 mg provides a clean buzz and increase in focus for a brief periof for me, but this time the body load was worrying and the effects quickly developed into pounding heart, excessive sweating, shortness of breath, and mild confusion. Such effects are unusual for 3-mmc at that dose level, and i can only relate it to previous day's 5-it consumption.Though i am not really experienced enough to comment on it other than suggesting that 5-it may be possessing some kind of maoi properties.

Also i am wondering if anyone tried this as an antidepresssant at lower doses. At 25-30 mg it gives a definite mood lift with minimal side effects and i am thinking about giving it a whirl.

Last edited:
If you are using stimulants and have problems Benzos can save lives no doubt. I would never use a stimulant without having benzos on hand. This is probably what you would get injected in the ambulance of course depending on your situation.

If you are using stimulants and have problems Benzos can save lives no doubt. I would never use a stimulant without having benzos on hand. This is probably what you would get injected in the ambulance of course depending on your situation.

Absolutely.

I luuv 5-it ive done quite a bit but havnt done any for a little while, but quite a while was taking 6-apb until 5-it came along! Game over!