• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 5-IT / 5-API Thread

So i took the plunge the other night and started off with 130 mg. Waited 3 1/2 hours and felt somewhat good, but very mild. Bombed another 75 mg and within 3 hours started to feel a little better but was still very mild- quite disappointing tbh.

I did notice slight overheating as some mentioned along with a little more intense vasoconstriction than most drugs i've tried, so maybe a heads up to anyone else wanting to try this...

So i took the plunge the other night and started off with 130 mg. Waited 3 1/2 hours and felt somewhat good, but very mild. Bombed another 75 mg and within 3 hours started to feel a little better but was still very mild- quite disappointing tbh.

I did notice slight overheating as some mentioned along with a little more intense vasoconstriction than most drugs i've tried, so maybe a heads up to anyone else wanting to try this...

Sounds like either slightly impure, or that it could of been what you were doing during the experience. 5-IT setting makes a HUUUUGEE difference I can't even describe...for example I still have the same batch I reported on in the experience, and I had a bad experience from it one night because of what I chose to do.

Scenerio 1- You take the 5-IT and go to a rave or a party with tons of people, music, lights, etc. You will roll awesome, just as good or better than MDMA, but definitely you will roll longer with no comedown than you would with MDMA.

Scenerio 2- You take the same amount of 5-IT as scenerio 1, but this time you stay at home and watch TV with friends, or you go out to a restaurant, or something normal like that. You will not roll, you will be disappointed in the experience, if you do expect to roll. You probably would feel better sober to do things like that.

5-IT is a party drug, plain and simple. Take it any other way, and it's going to waste. Sometimes I need to smoke tons of weed and keep my eyes closed with awesome music going and think about awesome things, in order to really get the best out of 5-IT. It's like a meditative mind drug almost! It has a nice trippy aspect to it as well, and you get really goofy/trippy/laughy on it as well. Possibly to the point of annoying sober/stressed people. But definitely not a cracked out drug at all, I have no problem eating and sleeping after a while.

I just noticed a well respected vendor quit selling 5-IT out of the blue. No notice, not mentioning it on the website, nothing. Mabye there is something goining on with this chem after all ;)

I just noticed too, that someone took this off, I have not asked them yet if they are just out of stock though. And it's not the same vendor I got from, I just noticed today and was curious. Possibly this is the same vendor you are talking about as me, but I doubt it. 5-IT is the most popular RC out right now, so most likely the site just sold out of it and will restock.

Sounds like either slightly impure, or that it could of been what you were doing during the experience. 5-IT setting makes a HUUUUGEE difference I can't even describe...for example I still have the same batch I reported on in the experience, and I had a bad experience from it one night because of what I chose to do.

Scenerio 1- You take the 5-IT and go to a rave or a party with tons of people, music, lights, etc. You will roll awesome, just as good or better than MDMA, but definitely you will roll longer with no comedown than you would with MDMA.

Scenerio 2- You take the same amount of 5-IT as scenerio 1, but this time you stay at home and watch TV with friends, or you go out to a restaurant, or something normal like that. You will not roll, you will be disappointed in the experience, if you do expect to roll. You probably would feel better sober to do things like that.

5-IT is a party drug, plain and simple. Take it any other way, and it's going to waste. Sometimes I need to smoke tons of weed and keep my eyes closed with awesome music going and think about awesome things, in order to really get the best out of 5-IT. It's like a meditative mind drug almost! It has a nice trippy aspect to it as well, and you get really goofy/trippy/laughy on it as well. Possibly to the point of annoying sober/stressed people. But definitely not a cracked out drug at all, I have no problem eating and sleeping after a while.

Yeah, i can understand that for sure. I noticed that if i closed my eyes and concentrated i could feel it much better. The second i stopped concentrating i lost the good feelings almost completely...

Yeah, i can understand that for sure. I noticed that if i closed my eyes and concentrated i could feel it much better. The second i stopped concentrating i lost the good feelings almost completely...

Could be a tolerance issue as well....Do you roll a lot with other RC's? Because I noticed after my first and second times doing the 5-IT and other combos, I developed a tolerance. If I do the 5-IT alone, it doesnt last as long (although kicks in faster now) and like you said, it has to be something I pay attention to, or it could easily get lame. It wasn't like this at all the first time. Maybe I did everything right. I did go out on the town but it didn't really kick in until I got home. But I didn't stay home long..I mainly just partied in the car and listened to music. lol I guess you'll find what works best for you. Also try another vendor and see if maybe the batch was the issue.

EDIT: OMG I'm an idiot. I totally forgot I dosed this the other night in a larger dose and I felt it a lot stronger, even just sitting there doing nothing. So basically you probably didn't take a high enough dose is what I'm thinking. Or very well could be the quality too. It's very likely many vendors will try to rip people off with the 5-IT and give them unpure batches. But there are still a handful of people who have the high quality 5-it.

It had been about 4 months since my last roll, so i don't think tolerance was an issue (although i took about 350 mg's 6-apb last time i rolled, so not sure if this messed up anything?). I almost wanted to take more, but 200 mg seemed like alot and i didn't really feel comfortable taking more just in-case some bad effects started to kick in.

Anyone here take more than 200 mg's? Sounds like some people get good effects on less than 100 mg but i would hate to see something serious happen from a large dose...

Although there is some doubt of their veracity, there have been many reports of ill effects (up to death) with this substance; many have speculated that this has occured because of high dosing due to the long come up (as well as possible interactions) - with this in mind, i'd say stick with sensible doses until we know more.

I've taken this stuff many times at doses between 60mg and 120mg - i've loved it and had no obvious ill effects (except tuesday blues if i redose too much), but it feels taxing enough on my body not to want to up the dose - in fact i actually prefer the lower doses (60-70), as it gives a clearer head for creative work. I usually redose at 10-12 hours - if i redose again another 10 hours later, i'll start to notice serotonin depletion effects the next tuesday.

People above seemed to be speculating that this doesn't have much effect on dopamine - i'd have to disagree (judging purely by subjective effects); i get definite long term dopamine type stimulation on this (obviously still enough serotonin to make it lovely too). Compared to 6-apb, it's much more 'stimmy' - i can get so focussed on detailed tasks on this, compared to the same tasks on 6-apb - that's why i like this stuff

Last edited:
Although there is some doubt of their veracity, there have been many reports of ill effects (up to death) with this substance; many have speculated that this has occured because of high dosing due to the long come up (as well as possible interactions) - with this in mind, i'd say stick with sensible doses until we know more.

I've taken this stuff many times at doses between 60mg and 120mg - i've loved it and had no obvious ill effects (except tuesday blues if i redose too much), but it feels taxing enough on my body not to want to up the dose - in fact i actually prefer the lower doses (60-70), as it gives a clearer head for creative work. I usually redose at 10-12 hours - if i redose again another 10 hours later, i'll start to notice serotonin depletion effects the next tuesday.

People above seemed to be speculating that this doesn't have much effect on dopamine - i'd have to disagree (judging purely by subjective effects); i get definite long term dopamine type stimulation on this (obviously still enough serotonin to make it lovely too). Compared to 6-apb, it's much more 'stimmy' - i can get so focussed on detailed tasks on this, compared to the same tasks on 6-apb - that's why i like this stuff

lol so you redose 3x on the same session? So what, you roll for like 30 hours straight too or what? What I've noticed is that this drug can be taken a lot more often than MDMA, and still roll. It's almost like an "Every other day" type of drug. I wouldnt doubt some serotonin depletion. I actually do feel dizzy all the time now if I wait like 2 days without using. But my point here to all this is that I think this is better meant for smaller doses more often, rather than take too much at once. It's potent, but tolerance doesn't build as quick as it does with MDMA. But you will notice the duration shorten quite a bit if you start taking it too much. I rolled for about 2 hours last time I took it versus the 12 hours I rolled the first time. So yeah, getting a bit of a tolerance myself. I got some piracetam and it did indeed bring the magic back, just my rolls are shorter until I take a nice break.

EDIT: Just dosed some 5-IT today, eyeballed it, but for some reason I'm rolling better this time than last..and I'm just sitting around. I figured I'd have a higher tolerance bcuz it's only been less than 48 hours since I last did it. Maybe the piracetam is really that good?

EDIT #2- Been about 13 hours and still going strong. Actually feel more euphoric now than I did a couple of hours ago. I'd say this is the peak. Surprising it lasted so long. Redosed a small bit though. I was able to eat and everything.

NEW EDIT(Different day, not allowed to repost cuz of BL Policy)- Well this is my third day in a row taking the 5-IT. I can say I rolled better last night from it than I have yet. It was amazing, the piracetam must be why. So I tried it again today and it's already kicking in much faster as I preloaded with piracetam. I almost think 5-IT could be an everyday drug but I wouldn't risk it. I actually took the last of mine tonight. Made a gram last almost a month, so it's pretty worthwhile. You could roll like 20x out of 1 gram.

I feel so natural and happy right now...just like how you feel when you're a kid. Not over the top like MDMA. Amazing, I miss this feeling. Maybe adults feel like that too, and I just never knew cuz I fried my brain 3 days before I turned 18....haven't felt normal serotonin since...unless I take something for it.

Last edited:
Tried 55mg of this substance after 1mg allergy test. Which is a bit stupid, because it's FAR more likely to be the wrong drug than for you to have an allergic reaction to it, so I should have started low and worked my way up. But with a suggested 2 hour onset, I got impatient and stupid. It was worth it. But fortunately, 5-IT has profound and magical effects like MDMA, and so it's unlikely I will ever make that mistake again with any drug.

Quick summary of my experience before I write up the trip report sometime (I took ENDLESS notes while on this substance, they need editing because every single paragraph had an aside...) because I noticed some fun things no one else appears to have mentioned:

I noticed first effects after maybe 30 minutes. They just weren't STRONG, but unmistakable to anyone with a bit of stimulant drug experience. 55 minutes in, I wrote: This feels like the day after a dose of 4-fa. I cleaned my house, i feel awake and alert and motivated, but there's a residual druggy feeling going on. I'm still hungry, and have made a sandwich, but I think that's starting to diminish. Five minutes later I made the point in my notes that I was surprised people were allegedly redosing at this point due to lack of effects, because although still light, were unmistakably gradually building up, in delicious but subtle waves.

An hour and a half into the experience I note my amazement that it just keeps building up. Nothing overpowering, nothing dramatic, just better, and better... By this time I'm sidetracked on all my notes, this drugs is empathogenic like nothing other than MDMA in my experience, it makes methylone seem halfhearted and insincere in comparison.

2 hours in, still increasing in light happy waves of seratoniny goodness. If i'd had the chance, I'd have headed to a club at this point, the musical appreciation is increasing. At no point have I had the MDMA rush whereby I'm forced to dance due to the intensity (as an aside, I've advised everyone who's ever done their first MDMA to dance when it first becomes overwhelming, as wow, that certainly fixes everything)

3 and a half hours in I've noted 'every time I think I've finished coming up, it keeps coming more and more'

5 hours in, I note it feels like it's leveled off. At no point do I feel underdosed or underwhelmed.

6 hours in, the following was noted: At the moment this feels exactly like 5 or 6 apb if they did not have any sort of trippyness. A couple of joints exacerbated the whole thing, but whereas on one of the apbs a bit of weed would make it much trippier, this just got you quite stoned too. It's still very nice, and the time does not feel dilated at all, so you're enjoying it for a LOOOONG time.

Went shopping at 7 hours in, the walk to the shops listening to house music reminded me how utterly wonderful this would have been in a club/festival situation. There's no URGE to dance, but when the music is on, holy shit you want to get crazy.
At this point, I drank a couple of pints of milk, and noted (because the empathogenic effects are TOTALLY still in effect after all this time) that I should report on bluelight the utility of milk on stimulants, it being easy to drink and calorific enough that it will not matter if you miss a few meals.

Another straight paste from my notes: So, this is continuing to be nicer and nicer as time goes on. This is seven and a half hours after I took it, approximately 6 and a half since first effects, and it has not peaked yet. It's the drugs speaking, so this is totally biased, but this stuff is fantastic.

9 hours after initial dose, 7.5 ish hours after first effects noticed, I finally feel it's levelled off.

Sometime later, I feel very tired. I don't think the stimulants are keeping me awake at this point, but I still stay up ridiculously late. Given I fell asleep immediately after trying I can't say when the drug effects wore off, but it was certainly subtle, (and probably masked by the drink and weed I did in the last few hours).

In summary, this stuff is fantastic. It lasts a ridiculously long amount of time, you can actually enjoy it for the full period of time because there does not appear to be any sort of time dilation, the empathy is like nothing other than MDMA in my opinion, and I experienced no comedown effects whatsoever. I'd probably try a bit of a higher dose next time, but in no way would I have suggested that 55mg was a disappointing dosage.
Unlike virtually all stimulants I have ever tried, there appears to be no problem at all reaching orgasm. However, this was not attempted till the comedown, so peak effects might differ :) Also, note that I dosed at 1pm, and it still kept me up virtually all night. No overheating was noticed, although I did not do any physical activities while under the influence.

Having reflected on what I just wrote, I feel an explaination is in order. Methylone does indeed make you superbly empathetic, however I believe the difference between it and MDMA is the PUSH that forces you to be so. MDMA might lead you to saying things you would regret the next day, and I think it unlikely that Methylone would. 5-IT is far more like MDMA in this effect than methylone, which you may or may not prefer, but I absolutely do.

Wow, long lasting emphatogen without added trippiness, sounds really great! Pity about such long come up...

Earlier in the thread people were discussing the colour of this.

I have just received an order which was split into 2 bags

Dark buff (tan) and light tan

Now the question is....which of the 2 will kill me?

lol

One of the major european sites that removed this from sale done so, not because they thought there was something wrong with it, they done it because people were unaware of the 3hr come up and redosing.

I found it gets better the more you use it as you begin to learn the effect and signs of the drug working.

Another thing is that if you are in the wrong setting it doesnt work....change setting to a more comfy zone and bang!

E done the same with me.

Mixing 7mg 5 meo mipt with it and its like the smoothest molly you ever had.

Every time.

(about 20-25 times so far)

Almost every major vendor in the uk has removed it.

Runours of a home office letter being sent out to vendors?

It`s the mephedrone propaganda all over again.

One day their really will be a tainted batch of `something` and no one will believe it because of these lies.

By the way the 14 are now down to 3

14 deaths down to 3 deaths? I am confused. And why did the vendors remove this?

As for setting, this doesn't make much a difference if you preload with PIRACETAM!!! I did this twice, and I rolled 10x better
on the 5-IT and I was just sitting around!! I am telling you that fucking piracetam works, so get some. I got it for like 6 bucks or something for 100 grams. I took it just like an hour before I Rolled (Even though some people said you should take it days before) and it worked so well. I would of never rolled like that had it not been for the piracetam. So that solves any issue with 5-IT, they mix perfectly together.

Now all we need to do is figure out why idiots are dying from this shit. I still think if they did, it was OD, I have mixed 5-IT with all kinds of shit, so I doubt it would of been a drug interaction. 5-IT mixes well with stuff in my experiences.

It seems that recently, a batch of 5-IT has been mislabelled, and was sold on the internet as 5-APB or 6-APB.
Considering the difference in dosage, a lot of users in Sweden thought they were consuming APB, and, consequently, overdosed, with 14 deaths reported in 2012. See also EMCDDA alerts.

Sweden, 6 July 2012
The National Laboratory of Forensic Toxicology (RMV) has observed the substance 5-IT in 12 postmortem examinations from femur blood. In at least 3 cases the cause of death is considered to be due to intoxication with 5-IT. The rest of cases are still under investigation. In several cases the police found an empty bag labeled 6-APB, which could not be detected in blood. Instead 5-IT was detected. That is all information for the moment, but RMV will put together more information in this matter. Our contact there is Gunilla Thelander.

http://ewsd.wiv-isp.be/Main/5-IT death...weden.aspx

heres a post from a swede on another board

We do in sweden have a huge propaganda-thing going on when it comes to drugs. I believe we are the only country in EU that still has a "culture-police" with our "Rave kommisionen". Basicly "Techno party police" that harass and stop party's where techno music is playing.
I myself have multiple times been harassed by this police force... and still never been guilty of any crime or punished for anything.
They had to rename the "Rave kommision" to "Ungdomssektionen", but they still do the same work.

Also, I dont know how it is in other countries, but in sweden we require "Danstillstånd" (Dance permission) if we are gonna play music and dance to it in public parties. This is ONLY to pretend people from using partydrugs basicly and to be able to use force to stop any party or gathering of people.

I live in sweden, and I dont believe this propaganda... These deaths came really out of thin air right after the mdpv-propaganda-weeks.
To follow up the report from were this is written they also are naming a lot of chemicals that are gonna get banned, with them ofc: 5-IT, 6-APB, 5-APB and... wait for it... 4-APB!
Yes, you read correct!
4-APB, that if you have a bacis knowledge of chemistry you know are impossible to make.
They are just pulling random numbers- and letters together that they found on the Swedish forum "flashback", without checking any facts!
The original-report is found here: http://www.fhi.se/Aktuellt/Nyheter/Folkh...g-natdrog/ and even if you don't understand swedish, you can read the last line were chemicals are written out.

14 deaths? I don't know...

I don't say it's not caused any deaths! I don't say it is a harmless substance, I just say that if a swedish authority (correct word?) is saying it, don't trust it, it's not the first time it isn't the complete truth. Often a lot of parts are missing from the picture...

post by xxffss

14 deaths down to 3 deaths? I am confused. And why did the vendors remove this?

As for setting, this doesn't make much a difference if you preload with PIRACETAM!!! I did this twice, and I rolled 10x better
on the 5-IT and I was just sitting around!! I am telling you that fucking piracetam works, so get some. I got it for like 6 bucks or something for 100 grams. I took it just like an hour before I Rolled (Even though some people said you should take it days before) and it worked so well. I would of never rolled like that had it not been for the piracetam. So that solves any issue with 5-IT, they mix perfectly together.

Now all we need to do is figure out why idiots are dying from this shit. I still think if they did, it was OD, I have mixed 5-IT with all kinds of shit, so I doubt it would of been a drug interaction. 5-IT mixes well with stuff in my experiences.

Will try the piracetam thanks for that.

I have mixed 5-it with 4mmc 4 mec m1 4 ho met 5 meo mipt b2 am2201 ur144 2cd 2cb 25c nbome all good and no problems at all.

YMMV

Just did the b1/m1 combo and it ate me up far more than the 5-IT does. So, 5-IT clearly can be used more often than methylone. At least for my experience. I get dizzy spells really quick on that crap. bk-mdma may be weaker than MDMA but that doesn't mean it is less neurotoxic. Honestly I think it is more...but 5-IT I don't think will have these problems if people use it safe.

6-apb Empathy- 1 (None for me)
6-apb Euphoria- 3 (Not much)
6-apb comedown-1 (Terrible)
6-apb stimulation- 1 (Felt lazy on it..never any urge to do anything)

I know everybody is different, but I'd put a shit load of money on a bet that says what you consumed isn't genuine 6-APB.

I've consumed three of the four chemicals you've mentioned (haven't had 5-IT) and I agree with you on your MDMA rates and mostly agree with your Methylone rate. Your 6-APB rate? Not at all. They're all heavy serotonin releasing drugs. In addition to this effect, 6-APB releases quite a lot of dopamine too so for you feel little euphoria? It sounds as if your batch is botched.

Also, a bit of friendly advice (putting all this "its killed 1000 Swedish men in two months" aside): Use of such a very heavy serotonin releaser as much as you are is rather concerning, try to cut your useage and calm down a bit mate. :)

^ It seems rather irresponsible and groundless, especially as a moderator, to voice assumptions that this compound is "safer than MDMA" when it has been implicated in many deaths (at least 14) in Sweden as of late, and countless horrific sounding overdoses, as described in the press and on flashback.org. I'm not saying this compound is assuredly dangerous, but in the spirit of harm reduction it pays to play it safe, and base our conclusions on facts, and not assumptions.

It has since been reported that only 3 deaths have now been attributed to 5-IT but to be honest, I dispute those too.

I actually feel rather pitiful toward you since you take internet news reports as "fact"

^ nice try. 5-IT has been determined to be the sole intoxicating agen in three cases, and been found in the post mortem blood of a score of other cases, which are still under investigation. This does not mean that the deaths have been scaled down to 3. And sorry, I'm not basing this on "Internet news reports", but rather the coroners reports, toxicology reports, and the EMCDDA alerts. This seems a better source than the zealots above, Christ, look at the reasoning and deductive skills in some of these posts. Am I saying 5-IT is a guaranteed deadly substance? Nowhere. I am just urging caution until we know what is going on. I for one am not convinced by a bunch of users proclaiming that they know it isn't dangerous because they can feel it. The fact that these reports are issued by a government agency does not automatically discredit them. This kind of logic, or lack thereof, is what leads to grade-A fucking lunatics like Alex Jones being taken seriously by the ignorant masses. God help us all!

It's not just UK vendors who have pulled this, therefore I presume it's in response to this mislabelling in sweden, A huge shame.