• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MiPT Thread - 2nd MiPteration

I find miprocin's come-up very fast. It's like being sky-rocketed into the trip. It's a manageable tryptamine, but at the correct dosage it's intense indeed :p

I do like this stuff... And you are right it comes on fast...
I usually take 25mg when i do.... But; A while back, i took 30, 32 mg.. what a big difference from 25mg, I lost it for a bit.... I never seen as many visuals as i did form this stuff like i did last week... The walls and posters expanded outwards into the other room morphing melting and back again... thought's became serial... i even forgot my name, why i was so to speak.... I believe it mite have been, the over the top potent bud i puffed on just before.... Just saying... you never know when you get a but kicking in psychedelic land...
Be careful out there peeps ..
Can't wait to try that again.
Cheers

I had my first go with miprocin last night. I at 11 milligrams, It came on super quick even though I didn't have an empty stomach. It gave me a weird body load for most of the trip which was unpleasant. I didn't have any visuals at that low of a dose, but I had lost of emotions about my life and where I am going running through me. I'm probably gonna wait about a week or two before I finally try a bigger dose.

I had my first go with miprocin last night. I at 11 milligrams, It came on super quick even though I didn't have an empty stomach. It gave me a weird body load for most of the trip which was unpleasant. I didn't have any visuals at that low of a dose, but I had lost of emotions about my life and where I am going running through me. I'm probably gonna wait about a week or two before I finally try a bigger dose.

did you get any helpful ideas, insights, tips or anything from the trip that can improve your life, make you a better person and help you get a even better life for yourself than currently?

I could have posted this in any one of the three threads, its an article I read previously and thought it was interesting. I dont know how accurate it is or isnt bc ive only tried 4-ho-mipt once mixed with enpathogen (trip report above)

looks like a happy medium between these other two compounds. Some say 5-meo-mipt is more like a typtamine mdma-some say its scary past 8 mgs or more-never done it from own experience

https://www.quora.com/Is-4-HO-MiPT-closer-to-4-HO-MET-or-5-MeO-MiPT

I barely post in PD anymore, but I have to ask what those points/analyses are based off of? The come up times do not sound accurate, especially because miprocin has been consistently around 30-45 min for me.

Although it's just me, which isn't a point of reference for much of anything, but the metocin also seems off too. The headspace was nil for me, while miprocin's was much heavier. And that also seems to be in-line with most of everyone else's experiences too. =l

its based off whoever wrote that article, as they were just describing their experiences in comparing how similar they may or maybe not be

Ah, I see. So it's really not that much different than one of us reporting our subjective experiences.

Well, thanks for the input. :)

I've not yet tried 5-MeO-MiPT, but I have to say that I actually find that comparison between 4-HO-MiPT and 4-HO-MET to be pretty accurate to my personal experiences.

For what it's worth, 4-HO-MiPT does come on fairly quickly for me when I eat it straight, but when I took 50 mg in a capsule I really couldn't even tell if anything was happening for about an hour, and it took at least another thirty minutes to peak. I haven't taken 4-HO-MET in a capsule but it does come on hard and fast when eaten straight....

The headspace is a very subjective, debatable point as well of course, but I have personally found 4-HO-MET to feel more psychological than 4-HO-MiPT, though I do feel that I have tripped harder overall on 4-HO-MiPT. To me 4-HO-MiPT feels like a very basic, if also very powerful psychedelic.... At 50 mg the feeling of sensory overload was so intense that I felt like I was seeing visual distortions on a microscopic level, where your vision just zooms in and in and in and you see reality cracking at the seams.... It felt very extreme and hyperspatial in that way, but despite that, at least once it all set in and I adjusted to the sensory onslaught, it was still incredibly clearheaded and malleable. Even the psychedelic mind's eye visions, which were quite colorful and beautifully detailed, tended only to reflect whatever I chose to think about. If I had been that far out on LSD, which I have been before, I would still have some self-control but I would have barely any idea of what the hell is going on....

I have not reached that level of sensory intensity on 4-HO-MET, but I have felt the exact same effect at lower strength multiple times which leads me to believe that the same level could likely be reached with a higher dose. The difference however is that at such a dose that is equivalent to that, 4-HO-MiPT feels so light on my mind that I've found it useful in settings fit for MDMA, whereas 4-HO-MET already causes me some manic pressure of thought and moments of full dissociation. The visuals at that point also seem to reflect the beginnings of delirium to me, as the furthest I've gone into pushing that sensory overload feeling on 4-HO-MET also came with vivid, integrated hallucinations of spiders and animals, and the geometry that was present became filled with cartoony imagery to a level beyond what I have experienced with really anything else. To contrast what I said about 4-HO-MiPT, 4-HO-MET feels to me like a very atypical, and uniquely intense psychedelic.... I'm not sure if I think that it will ever reach an ego loss point quite similar to 4-HO-MiPT or LSD, it seems it may or may not under the right circumstances, but more significantly I do believe that it could become pretty mindbogglingly weird in its own way by the time it reaches a similar cognitive overload.

Here is an excerpt from a report on Erowid of 150 mg of 4-HO-MET that I really like:

The visual hallucinations were of an intensity I had never thought possible, and got stronger and stronger over the next hour or two. Multiple life-sized human figures, mainly female, their skin comprised of constantly-refreshing, pulsating and incredibly complex geometric hallucinations. These geometric patterns were 3 dimensional in their own right, wrapped and arranged into the human figures. These figures were extremely real, but benign and empathetic, and could be seen in equal intensity with eyes open or shut. With eyes open, objects were breathing, pulsating and changing in size and position in relation to each other, to a staggering extent.

During the peak, approximately 90 minutes to 3 1/2 hours after ingestion, the interaction with these figures intensified to what can only be described as a cosmic mindorgy of some sort. This was incredibly pleasurable, blissful almost, somewhere between lust and extreme, all-encompassing empathy was felt between myself and these multiple hallucinatory figures. These feelings, though incredibly intense, were never scary or unpleasant in any way.

For the middle and most intense part of the peak, maybe 2-3 hours in, these interactions continued, but my mind wandered through an incredible tapestry of thoughts, emotions and memories. I felt that I understood and empathised fully with everyone in my life, and the world made incredible sense. I was laughing uncontrollably through most of this time at the constant realisations. It felt like I had missed some incredibly subtle cosmic trick all these years, and now I had realised it I would never be the same again.

The synchronicity was incredible, every object had it's own meaning, no matter how small or insignficant, every moment by every person spent pondering anything seemed part of some deeper plan, no second of idle ponderance in the entirety of human history wasted, everything part of this eternal and infinite plan.

Metaphors of pirates and twisted, ponderous crackpots with crazed eyes and twirled moustaches, spectacles and purple top hats and pipes abounded, every tiniest thought like a great and powerful mystery to be mulled over for days by these crazed thinkers. The piratical metaphors took over at this point, my bones felt like sturdy oak and my flesh like leather. The interaction with the hallucinatory beings, which has continued during these meanderings, took on a twisted, tribal pirate rave at the end of the cosmos quality (words fail me at this point, that's the best I can describe it) and the mind-orgy became an uncomfortable proposition.

I took this opportunity, perhaps 3 1/2 to 4 hours in, to retire to another room. The synchronicity had become so intense that it seemed my personal universe was some sort of incredibly complex matrix conspiracy bat shit involving only myself, my acquaintances and a few random players to keep me on my toes. I soon realised the insanity of this and left such thoughts behind. The last half hour of the peak was spent in intense introspection.

To be honest, the physical/tactile sensations were overpowered by the extreme mental effects about 20 minutes after dosing. Though I describe sexual feelings towards the beings, I was not physically aroused at any point during the experience - the feelings of empathy and acceptance were far stronger.

I like that last line too because it reflects my experiences and I think the aphrodisiac properties listed in that link as well; for me, 4-HO-MET also causes many sexual hallucinations but makes me feel much more satisfied than anything, whereas 4-HO-MiPT has a similarly orgasmic high but still also can facilitate sexual thoughts more easily for me.

Now, I don't doubt that 150 mg of 4-HO-MiPT would be extremely intense as well... but the difference, for me at least, is that I can actually see strong signs of the sort of intensely mental and hallucinogenic experience described above already quite present even on 25 mg of 4-HO-MET, whereas 50 mg of 4-HO-MiPT still only felt more like a classic psychedelic ego loss experience with colorful geometric visuals and distortions. It feels very much to me as though going up to 150 mg of 4-HO-MiPT would likely produce an experience of complete detachment and traveling through inner worlds similar to high doses of mushrooms or LSD, which would surely be intense in its own right, but I also find such experiences to feel more like a deconstruction of consciousness than anything.... On the other hand, the headspace that 4-HO-MET puts me into feels more likely to keep me around while my thoughts become progressively more deranged, and generally such things tend to hit a delusional breaking point eventually at least in my experience.... I would say that the effects described in that report seem to support this idea in my opinion as well.

So, I guess ultimately it comes down to which you personally consider to be a more mentally intense experience as well, but I would have to say that I generally think of strong delirium with a sense of self relatively in tact as being more of a "mindfuck" than a loss of self. But opinions may vary! Just my thoughts on the matter for now.... Perhaps I'm wrong, and maybe I'll know for sure one day with each. :D

Tried 15mg of this with 25mg 2c d about 7 hours after taking LSD. Honestly couldnt tell much if a difference betwern this and 4 ho met. Then again, I also took 3 meo pcp, weed, and ketamine soooooooo thats like 7 drugs.

Will be trying again by itself at probably 25-30mg soonish.

Ay, Kaleida, what is UP? Wtf, it's been a while. :)

Sorry, I rarely go on PD nowadays and MED has gotten my hands tied, so I didn't notice. Well, I mean miprocin and metocin are very similar in the first place, so I wouldn't doubt metocin can get head fucky, esp. at higher doses like the one you described. I'm just adamant that it isn't as strong as miprocin, at least ime, but then again I'm not going to debate about subjectivity so that's that.

However, it does seem to be the case that either miprocin or metocin (apparently) have some higher levels beyond 50mg, which I've only tried with one of them. Miprocin is not medium or light above that dose, and I would imagine metocin would follow suit as well.

Opinions may vary indeed. Extremely so sometimes. 8(

Tried 15mg of this with 25mg 2c d about 7 hours after taking LSD. Honestly couldnt tell much if a difference betwern this and 4 ho met. Then again, I also took 3 meo pcp, weed, and ketamine soooooooo thats like 7 drugs.

Will be trying again by itself at probably 25-30mg soonish.

Yeah, I'd say your opinion of it might be at least a little bit biased through all that lol. There are definite similarities between 4-HO-MET and 4-HO-MiPT but quite a few significant differences as well, though I'd say probably not quite as many around 15 mg for most people.

Ay, Kaleida, what is UP? Wtf, it's been a while. :)

Sorry, I rarely go on PD nowadays and MED has gotten my hands tied, so I didn't notice. Well, I mean miprocin and metocin are very similar in the first place, so I wouldn't doubt metocin can get head fucky, esp. at higher doses like the one you described. I'm just adamant that it isn't as strong as miprocin, at least ime, but then again I'm not going to debate about subjectivity so that's that.

However, it does seem to be the case that either miprocin or metocin (apparently) have some higher levels beyond 50mg, which I've only tried with one of them. Miprocin is not medium or light above that dose, and I would imagine metocin would follow suit as well.

Opinions may vary indeed. Extremely so sometimes. 8(

Hey, yeah it has. :) I was not actually aware that you were still around these parts... and I've been pretty distracted with my life myself. It's nice to see you still posting here.

And yes, particularly with these molecules I think opinions will vary wildly.... For instance, I have met people who have taken highish doses of each and claimed that 4-HO-MiPT is extremely visual whereas 4-HO-MET is almost not at all, and that's the exact opposite of my situation. Furthermore, the fact that there were no doses listed on that chart only makes it even more difficult to extract meaning from.... For me, 25 mg of 4-HO-MET was stronger than 25 mg of 4-HO-MiPT in every single way, and yet 50 mg of 4-HO-MiPT produced a decidedly more potent, if still less visual trip than 50 mg of 4-HO-MET. So, I think even comparing them linearly is likely to lead to at least as many questions as answers, and even more so the higher up the dose gets.

In my case, I think one thing that leads to my opinion of 4-HO-MiPT as lighter is just the fact that ego loss usually isn't a very mentally intense experience for me, and as I said that seems to be the primary effect of 4-HO-MiPT for me. As long as it's not of an overly unexpected severity for the setting I've prepared, which of course can lead to some anxiety, I actually find it quite calming. I recognize it when it's coming, I'm happy that I'll be free from the real world for a while, the experience itself is generally just a numbed out feeling like a dream, and when it's over I'm usually totally coherent about what happened and how I handled it. It's still a very powerful experience, but not really one that I consider "mental".... More like emotional, to the point that I consider it to essentially be like a psychedelic orgasm. However, I have also seen many people absolutely flip shit and be disturbed by the thoughts they had during ego loss for some time after the trip is over... so I'm well aware that it's not quite so smooth and clear for everyone.

On the other hand, I seem to be quite sensitive to the sort of delirium that 4-HO-MET causes in me, and part of the reason I'm sure that it will get so much crazier even is that I find it comparable in many ways to 4-HO-DET, likely due to the ethyl groups I would imagine, and 4-HO-DET is even more extreme for me in this way. The hardest I've tripped on it so far involved me thinking that I was discovering my destiny as a demon shaman and that I was supposed to use my sexuality to conquer the netherworld and unite the forces of light and dark. And there was no loss of self whatsoever as this was happening.... I was still walking around my house going about my day, only with the most insane visionary hallucinations of naked women with flame wings walking around, giant demon temples surrounded by dark guards, flowers growing out of nothing and disgustingly withering away within seconds, skulls and severed body parts reaching out of the walls and covering my body, and a collection of intrigued demons all hanging out with me and excitedly watching me realize the truth of my life. And it all felt completely normal until suddenly it just began dissipating... and I thought to myself, what the fuck?

So, again as I said it would come down to subjective opinion and experience, but I do personally find this delirium to be much more of a head trip for me, and that's why I think I will likely remain adamant about 4-HO-MET being stronger than 4-HO-MiPT as well. ;) Though, that is pretty much to say that I find 4-HO-MET stronger than 4-HO-MiPT in a similar way that I prefer oranges to apples.... In other words, I find them different enough that they're probably not worth trying to compare side by side anyway!

is it okay to eat and dose on filled stomach?

It's more about just knowing your body than anything. I know people that won't trip without eating because they'll feel weird or weak if they don't, whereas I always try to avoid eating before tripping because it gives me gastrointestinal issues.

Kaleida, in regards to how you feel about ego-death being calming and what-not, do you not at least panic a little when you notice it's coming? I always do because my first experience with ego-death was on 3mg+\- of 25I-NBOMe, thinking it was 200ug-250ug of LSD and I thought I was dying/died. It was one of the most traumatic & unexpected experiences of my life and now just the thought of ego-death is extremely terrifying. Since that trip I've only had ego-death once on 3.5 grams of very potent mushrooms & that left me riddled with anxiety/PTSD type symptoms for about a month. I'd love to find a way to come to terms with the feeling of ego-death so that I don't panic when it's coming. Any ideas to make such an experience easier? Maybe a sitter would help, seeing that I was alone for both of my ego-death experiences.

Innerpeace: Generally, food in the stomach will hinder absorption. A full stomach (ie, you feel full) will cause the trip to be weaker and it will come on much slower. I personally like to eat a light meal an hour or two before I dose psychedelics, so I have nutrition and my digestion is going.

That's interesting kaleida, for me, 4-HO-MiPT is quite a bit stronger than 4-HO-MET at 25-30mg doses. I haven't taken either higher than 30mg, and for me, 4-HO-MET at 30mg was quite underwhelming, not even particularly visual. It was nice, and very calm, but I felt content, not euphoric, and not very social. With 4-HO-MiPT at 30mg (or 25mg), I get big rushes of euphoria and a rather empathogenic state of mind... if in good company, I become very social and I laugh a lot (to the point that I'm sore the next day sometimes). Sometimes it's barely visual at all, and sometimes it's been beautifully visual. I don't generally care about visuals nearly as much as the head change so that's fine by me. I find 4-HO-MET to be the weakest-feeling tryptamine I've tried, except for 4-HO-DiPT which I found extremely transparent and light to the point where I wasn't sure what it was even doing to me.

Kaleida, in regards to how you feel about ego-death being calming and what-not, do you not at least panic a little when you notice it's coming? I always do because my first experience with ego-death was on 3mg+\- of 25I-NBOMe, thinking it was 200ug-250ug of LSD and I thought I was dying/died. It was one of the most traumatic & unexpected experiences of my life and now just the thought of ego-death is extremely terrifying. Since that trip I've only had ego-death once on 3.5 grams of very potent mushrooms & that left me riddled with anxiety/PTSD type symptoms for about a month. I'd love to find a way to come to terms with the feeling of ego-death so that I don't panic when it's coming. Any ideas to make such an experience easier? Maybe a sitter would help, seeing that I was alone for both of my ego-death experiences.

Well, I have not tried 25I-NBOMe myself, but from what I've heard about it it wouldn't be surprising to me that such a high dose could produce anxiety along with its other effects, particularly because I have also heard that it can be very stimulating. Mushrooms are also definitely one of the most mental and emotional psychedelics for me, regardless of any ego loss effects.... They're probably not the best way to approach ego loss if you have a problem about panicking when it begins, though they're definitely ultimately effective if you don't have any better options.

Honestly though, I really don't tend to panic unless it was unexpected and I have some reason to worry about the setting, such as if I was expecting a controllable trip and instead got strong ego loss when I don't have a sitter and I'm somewhere where I need to make sure I don't act too crazy. To that end though, the only thing that really needs to be done to remove the anxiety is to know how a drug effects you and know how to plan your settings so that you feel as comfortable and safe as possible, and truthfully the only way you can really learn how to perfect either of those things is through experience.

About having a sitter, that is a great way to start. You really want to be at a point where you have no worries whatsoever, because even the smallest ones can be inflated by the experience to prevent you from completely giving in.... Knowing that there's someone there to look after you when you cannot can be a tremendous help. However, something that you have to know is just that there are only so many precautions you can take to prepare yourself for an experience in which you will lose track of what is happening around you and any memories you might have had leading up to the experience....

On that level, I really do think that it's just state-dependent memory that you'll have to work with. That is to say, the knowledge you can use during such strong ego loss is primarily going to be any reflexes you've learned from previous ego loss experiences... or at least, that's how it's worked for me. That's why it's so important to be able to relax completely during your trip, because that's how you can teach yourself that the ego loss is not something to fear, and ergo if you keep having negative trips it may only lead to them becoming habit. From the other perspective though, it may be necessary for you to force yourself to have some negative experiences again so that you can learn how to prevent them from being negative in the future, learning through seeing what sets you off... and that's another reason why having a sitter can help so much too. Not only can they help keep you calm and remind you that you are experiencing something voluntarily to increase your understanding of it, but they can also remind you of lessons that you may have otherwise lost to the amnesic haze of a strong solo trip.

So I guess that would be the main advice that first comes to mind.... Does what I've said make enough sense?

That's interesting kaleida, for me, 4-HO-MiPT is quite a bit stronger than 4-HO-MET at 25-30mg doses. I haven't taken either higher than 30mg, and for me, 4-HO-MET at 30mg was quite underwhelming, not even particularly visual. It was nice, and very calm, but I felt content, not euphoric, and not very social. With 4-HO-MiPT at 30mg (or 25mg), I get big rushes of euphoria and a rather empathogenic state of mind... if in good company, I become very social and I laugh a lot (to the point that I'm sore the next day sometimes). Sometimes it's barely visual at all, and sometimes it's been beautifully visual. I don't generally care about visuals nearly as much as the head change so that's fine by me. I find 4-HO-MET to be the weakest-feeling tryptamine I've tried, except for 4-HO-DiPT which I found extremely transparent and light to the point where I wasn't sure what it was even doing to me.

See, what did I say? ;) From what I have observed so far, these two compounds have a particular likelihood of creating polarized groups when being compared.

The way you describe 4-HO-MiPT around 25 mg is pretty similar to what I get, minus a couple of bits of intensity. I would describe it as surprisingly euphoric but not in "big rushes", and it is very empathogenic though I wouldn't say I've been sore yet from laughing. I also have only gotten it to be barely visual at all, though imaginative imagery (purely in the mind's eye) can be very elaborate; however, the most remarkable effects for me generally don't surpass lights tracers and electric auras, or very rarely brief, dim patterns in the darkness. I would actually describe it as one of the lightest tryptamines I've tried at that point, though it still is quite enjoyable and does feel like a full trip.

4-HO-MET at 25 mg for me is an entirely different story. The euphoria is nearly unmatched, surpassed so far only by LSD and MiPT. It's not very empathogenic for me, but I've laughed on it more than any other equivalent strength trip except for 4-HO-MPT. The visuals at that point also already exceed essentially any other psychedelic I've ever taken.... Intricate, three-dimensional rainbow geometry everywhere, color enhancement comparable to 2C-B, vivid, open eye imagery of full-bodied female entities, neon arrangements of abstract faces and plants interwoven with the patterns on surfaces, closed eye visuals similar to moderately high doses of mushrooms, and moments where the overload becomes so intense that I pop into brief dissociative states, and all of this is pretty consistently reproducible at that dose for me. I also get a lot of mental stimulation at that point despite the clearheaded nature, it's definitely "pushier" for me than 4-HO-MiPT, and that really contributes to the overall overloaded feeling of the trip as well.

Funnily enough, I also find 4-HO-DiPT to be incredibly mental in similar doses, one of the most of the 4-substituted tryptamines for me. One of the primary reasons I have waited so long to push further with it is because I'm somewhat apprehensive of what it will do to my mind.... It feels nearly delirious to me already at doses that don't even produce open eye visuals, and I have a hunch that its intensity will increase more than linearly by dose just like 4-HO-MiPT! I'm okay with taking my time with it though.... I love the headspace changes too but visuals are one of my favorite things personally (particularly the dream-like hallucinations, not just patterns and such, though those are nice too), so I'm happy sticking to other tryptamines for the moment. :)

this scares me , and reinforces my decision to stay within recommended dosing. I know some of here like to venture to higher dosing and push things, for me the conservative effects for myself are plenty enough!!! (paradoxical huh lol)

Innerpeace: Generally, food in the stomach will hinder absorption. A full stomach (ie, you feel full) will cause the trip to be weaker and it will come on much slower. I personally like to eat a light meal an hour or two before I dose psychedelics, so I have nutrition and my digestion is going.

you re not the first one ive seen to say 4-ho-mipt causes empathetic and euphoric effects. My only experience with 4-ho-mipt was 11 mgs combined with 5-mapb, 100 mgs, and on the comeup got a rush. For a brief time it was like mdma on the come-up I was listening to progressive house and just got up and started dancing in the middle of the room. The visuals were mild and the head-space was different, emotions were different. I know its cliche, setting makes quite the difference , and can introduce feelings you would never feel just sitting in a boring place doing boring things, I know this from experience, not saying to go out of town all the time , and such, just dont let it be same ol, same ol

Last edited:
Hello I'm new here but have read a ton of valuable info. Thanks for all of this collective info! just received some 4 ho mipt and 4 aco met. Has any one ever combined the 2. Not much info on the aco met. I'm looking for a profound trip. Any dosage recommendations? I've also got a little 4 aco dmt may be 30mg left. I've taken it up to 35mg and was a decent trip but def no ego loss. I have some mal to if anyone has any info on that would be greatly appreciated! all came from Canada.

I've tried 4-AcO-MiPT at 18-20mg (I forget which), and experienced a very mild effect consisting of euphoria, colour enhancement and some tracers.

Am I right in thinking that 4-HO-MiPT is more potent? I know they're fairly similar, but I'd like the full experience, as I felt the 4-AcO had potential but ultimately wasn't taken at a strong enough dose.

Can anybody reccomend a first time dose of miprocin please?

Roughly how much would be equivalent to the 4-AcO experience that I had?

Cheers.

Last edited: