Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I trusted someone to weigh my 4-ho-met about 15 months ago,
after taking 100mg butylone and some mdpv, just 15mg. Well I was given 150mg.. (was in a capsule so I didnt realise, and ill always weigh my own shit now). The trip started good, but soon went to hell. Spent the whole night wanting to die in a psychotic paranoid state. It was social suicide I didn't trust anyone for ages after and the anxiety and paranoia are still there slightly now. Understand this can happen with any psychedelic really, but this one was being sold in Sweden between methylone and mdpv to the mephedrone kids so I expect I wasn't the only who has been fucked by it. Now I love my psyches but I wont touch this one again even though I know its a gentle one on the mind! Miprocin all the way now!

I trusted someone to weigh my 4-ho-met about 15 months ago,
after taking 100mg butylone and some mdpv, just 15mg. Well I was given 150mg.. (was in a capsule so I didnt realise, and ill always weigh my own shit now). The trip started good, but soon went to hell. Spent the whole night wanting to die in a psychotic paranoid state. It was social suicide I didn't trust anyone for ages after and the anxiety and paranoia are still there slightly now. Understand this can happen with any psychedelic really, but this one was being sold in Sweden between methylone and mdpv to the mephedrone kids so I expect I wasn't the only who has been fucked by it. Now I love my psyches but I wont touch this one again even though I know its a gentle one on the mind! Miprocin all the way now!

Crikey, that is a MONSTER dose of 4-ho-met! I'm not surprised you had a little troubel with it, sorry to hear that! Psychedelics need cautious usage, VERY cautious usage.

This is actually one of my favourite Trypts, & I usually start at about 8mg adding 5mg per hour if I'm enjoying things.

Maybe once this trauma has receded into memory it might be worth trying a proper, low, measured, controlled dose of this compound. It'll put your mind at ease if it all goes smoothly & if it doesnt (even in tiny doses) then you know to seriously avoid this chem in future, permanently!

Keep well & take care!

^Yea, NEVER just take something someone else has given you. Time and time again (and the recent deaths) should underscore what a dangerous thing that is to do with these RCs. ONLY take things YOU YOURSELF have bought from the vendor, and weighed yourself on a scale with 3 decimal places at least. Also, start with less than 1mg (0.001g) JUST IN CASE the vendor accidentally screwed up and send some super-potent thing in place of something else... IT DOES HAPPEN SO ALWAYS CHECK!

Trusting things others have just given you has led to disaster time and time again... DONT DO IT!!!

Repeating question. After how many days can I take 4-HO-MET again with full effects, if I took 12,5mg i.m. someday?

Tomorrow passes a week.

I was left quite disappointed by 4-HO-MET. I have now tried doses up to 35 mg and it just doesn't get me "there", to the blissfull psychedelic experience I would have hoped for. It lacks a certain spirituality present with some other tryptamines. I had quite fun on 35 mg, but the experience was too generic for me. The visuals (both OEV's and CEV's) basically repeat the same pattern over and over, it feels like I know what it's all about quit fast into the trip. There are no surprises, no feeling of "wow"...Somehow it just feels too predictable for me.

Sure, I tripped hard on 35 mg, my carpet was like waves hitting the shore, it was beautiful but nothing that I hadn't experienced before. I often got thoughts like "is this it?" and "nothing more to give me?".

There were no insights and no introspectiveness, it was fun but it could and should have been more introspective and why not more fun too for me.

I was left quite disappointed by 4-HO-MET. I have now tried doses up to 35 mg and it just doesn't get me "there", to the blissfull psychedelic experience I would have hoped for. It lacks a certain spirituality present with some other tryptamines. [...]

Try out Mammoth doses like 80mg p.o. There's a trip report about it, the guy literally had "Judgement Day", obviously at such dose he couldn't recognise his own room, etc.

Anyone about the 4homet tolerance?

I was left quite disappointed by 4-HO-MET. I have now tried doses up to 35 mg and it just doesn't get me "there", to the blissfull psychedelic experience I would have hoped for. It lacks a certain spirituality present with some other tryptamines. I had quite fun on 35 mg, but the experience was too generic for me. The visuals (both OEV's and CEV's) basically repeat the same pattern over and over, it feels like I know what it's all about quit fast into the trip. There are no surprises, no feeling of "wow"...Somehow it just feels too predictable for me.

Sure, I tripped hard on 35 mg, my carpet was like waves hitting the shore, it was beautiful but nothing that I hadn't experienced before. I often got thoughts like "is this it?" and "nothing more to give me?".

There were no insights and no introspectiveness, it was fun but it could and should have been more introspective and why not more fun too for me.
Maybe Metocin just isn´t for you. I would think something like 4-aco-dmt would be more what you were looking for. or DPT maybe.

hi guys

I wonder if 4-HO-MET just like 4-aco-dmt is more potent insufflated than oral?

If so what would be the insufflated equivalent of 25mg oral? 12mg?

^Yea, NEVER just take something someone else has given you. Time and time again (and the recent deaths) should underscore what a dangerous thing that is to do with these RCs. ONLY take things YOU YOURSELF have bought from the vendor, and weighed yourself on a scale with 3 decimal places at least. Also, start with less than 1mg (0.001g) JUST IN CASE the vendor accidentally screwed up and send some super-potent thing in place of something else... IT DOES HAPPEN SO ALWAYS CHECK!

Trusting things others have just given you has led to disaster time and time again... DONT DO IT!!!

I actually would advise taking a .5mg dose because at .0001 if it IS something like b-dfly it's not going to be active most likely, even for something as potent as d-fly... .5mg is a safe dose of every known available psychedelic and it will be active, alerting you to the fact that it actually IS something else.

hi guys

I wonder if 4-HO-MET just like 4-aco-dmt is more potent insufflated than oral?

If so what would be the insufflated equivalent of 25mg oral? 12mg?

yeah, I tried insufflating 14 mg once. it felt like 25 mg. Well, I snorted some DPT too, but I felt it didn´t add anything at all. The Metocin´s effect was stronger. it doesn´t burn at all, and so is quite pleasant for snort.

thinking of trying this this week, long time since ive done psychs does it have a heavy bodyload or alot of headfuck?

Also whats the best ROA and Dose for mild-medium visuals, and the duration?

(sorry i just cant be bothered to read through all the pages lol)

Would anybody say that this compound is more of an easy going trip with a nice picture show?

Last edited:
I can't remember if I posted last year when I tried this, but I did try it....got very used to 4-HO-XXT through IM injection, so this was the method I used and carefully injected a solution I prepared containing 12mg of the fum. salt of 4-Ho-MET and put on my headphones.

Effects lasted about 2-3h this method, with a quick ramp-up to a peak, which held itself for about an hour, gently trailing away to almost nothing by the second hour, and all out at the third.

My first impression was how totally DIFFERENT it was from 4-AcO-DMT. Overlooking the acetate/Ho argument, here again my mind was blown how adding one tiny extra methyl group on the tail changed the effects so quickly.

IMed it felt equipotent but with 4-AcO-DMT I feel entities and spiritual beings sent to view me or guide me if I needed it, 4-Ho-MET felt like some tool Szara or one of them made in the 50s...just a chemical intoxicant with some of the bells and whistles of LSD, but no soul. On the other hand, I don't find any of the 4-Ho-XXTs all that rewarding, save for Iprocin. That stands out from the bunch as unique. The others are more of the same, either bastard cousins of psilocin, or just every day 'by the book' psychedelic effects.

Edit: It may have lasted longer than 3 hours...I don't have notes but I do remember 4-Ho-MET (IMed) being at least twice as long in duration as 4-AcO-DMT (IMed). I remember thinking to myself that if this was taken orally, it would be a good full 5-6hr trip.

Try out Mammoth doses like 80mg p.o. There's a trip report about it, the guy literally had "Judgement Day", obviously at such dose he couldn't recognise his own room, etc.

Well the thing is I don't want to take mammoth doses, especially when I get intense experiences with e.g. 4-HO-DPT and 4-AcO-DMT with moderate doses.

Maybe Metocin just isn´t for you. I would think something like 4-aco-dmt would be more what you were looking for. or DPT maybe.

4-AcO-DMT is definately more my thing. 4-HO-DPT is my favourite, so I believe DPT would be a great alternative for 4-HO-MET.

My only "problem" is I have quite a lot of 4-HO-MET and tryptamines aren't that stable. Even though I have it in the freezer in several zip bags I have to use it in 1-2 years.

However, I think I will combine 4-HO-MET with some other substances, e.g. methoxetamine. That could be a very interesting experience. On it's own, 4-HO-MET unfortunately just isn't my thing-

I have some 4-Ho-DET from 2001ish (a batch that never was hygroscopic) and it is still intact. I admit, I have not sampled it in years but it is stored in an inert atmosphere and has not discolored at all.

I have some 4-Ho-DET from 2001ish (a batch that never was hygroscopic) and it is still intact. I admit, I have not sampled it in years but it is stored in an inert atmosphere and has not discolored at all.

My 4-HO-MET is not 100% airtight but inside enough zip bags (which I really have tried to empty all air from) to make it quite deprived from oxygen and moist and stored in the freezer in the dark, so maybe with good luck it's still useable for many years. The zip bags are stored in small metal "cans". The same goes for all my tryptamines.

The jury is out on freezing tryptamines. Although I have for a decade on some, most of the fine chemical supply houses do not recommend freezing for such things as 5-MeO-DMT, and a-MT. Freedom from heat and air are the primary culprits. On the other hand, as long as you let your frozen tryptamines warm up to room temperature before you open them up and try to get at them, I see no problem.

I used to use CO2 gas on some of mine, but then I stopped when I realized the gas could form carbonate salts with some of those delicate freebase tryptamines.

The jury is out on freezing tryptamines. Although I have for a decade on some, most of the fine chemical supply houses do not recommend freezing for such things as 5-MeO-DMT, and a-MT. Freedom from heat and air are the primary culprits. On the other hand, as long as you let your frozen tryptamines warm up to room temperature before you open them up and try to get at them, I see no problem.

I used to use CO2 gas on some of mine, but then I stopped when I realized the gas could form carbonate salts with some of those delicate freebase tryptamines.

So a cool room would be OK as long as they are kept away from air and heat in multiple zip bags? Or would a fridge be better? I have a cool room, not a cellar but it's slightly cooler than normal room temperature. And dark.

My aim is to have the tryptamines usable for about 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.