View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't tried miprocin, but metocin gives me hardcore tingling sensations in my extremities, so much so that I question its safety for me. I find the body load worse than mushies, as mushies give you that warm pleasant feeling in return for an hour of oddities, whereas metocin is just... weird, and continues to feel weird the whole trip. Something feels alien and invasive about it. I get these negative effects as low as 10mg (haven't taken it any lower). In contrast, I've had much easier body loads from the two 2C-x's I've tried, that being 2C-C and 2C-D. Some food for thought.

Hmm, I suppose anything is possible. Everyone reacts differently. I mean look how anxious I find 4-AcO-DMT but almost everyone loves it.

I think there is some degree of toxicity to all of these so I don't use them as often as I used to (although I need to watch the MXE, its getting somewhat compulsive) but the 4-subs seem to have the least and the 5-subs the worst when it comes to tryptamines. DPT and AMT both have pretty nasty body load.

What is the highest you went with metocin? I'm wondering if the full body buzz that manifests at around 20mg is starting early for you. It has a unique body high but I don't really notice it until higher doses.

^I've never gone past roughly 16mg, as at that level I feel like there's a dark presence hanging around, and the furniture jumps to life in ways I've never seen on any other drug. I haven't got much material left, so I doubt I'll even try out 20mg given that I can't find a new vendor, and sub-20mg doses are quite fine for me. For the record though, others who I've shared this batch with have taken it up to ~25mg and have had perfectly pleasant experiences.

I've only ever tried mushies and metocin as far as trypts go, but of those two metocin is definitely less pleasant on the body. That tingling sensation I get in my hands and feet is concerning, I generally have cold extremities already and I think metocin further constricts my blood cells or something...

I'd be curioius to know if anyone else has experienced my low dose sensitivity. I'm literally the only person I know who has this issue, of the people I've shared it with and of those on this forum.

Took 45mg last night/this morning. Wow... ranks as probably the best, most cleansing and powerful trip of my lifetime. Closed eye visuals were utterly insane - I couldn't keep my eyes shut for long due to how overwhelming it was. All these "royal" colors - deep red, brilliant gold, plush purple swirled around forming endless chains and cascading patterns, only to explode and re-form. Open eye was amazing too. I won't go into detail about the cyclopian, multidimensional psychedelic dog "spirit guide" who was hanging out with me the whole time, but suffice to say, he was awesome.

I really love this drug, probably more so than the other psychedelics I've tried (many)... the euphoria is powerful, yet genuine, unlike the more forced feeling from MDxx. The sort where if you had everything you ever wanted and nothing could bring you down. Empathy was present and again, felt real, so to speak. I am consistently left with a fantastic afterglow the days after, this sense of serenity and peace. This time, my vision was enhanced as well, with colors and details becoming very enriched.

Even at this dose it felt so gentle on the body and mind. No real body buzz which I personally think is a plus. After today, I think I could push to 60mg next time without issue. The whole experience was overall quite playful, imagine if a drug had a sense of humor and you could fuck around with it... that is 4-ho-met.

Midnight hit it on the head. 4-HO-MET is kinda like your sparring partner. Kicks your ass but knows when to stop.

Well I plugged 7mg tonight and let's just say if I didn't have benzos I would have been considering the ER. I haven't had that tryptamine overdose feeling in a long time. My pulse was 160 just minutes after plugging and it was rising. It took 20mg of diazepam administered sublingually in 5mg increments every 10 or 15 minutes before I finally felt the tryptamine toxicity feeling go away.

As soon as I plugged it, I could taste it in my mouth and I got nauseous and knew something wasn't right.

I think I'll stick to oral doses or even abandon this one altogether if 4-AcO-MET proves to be superior.

Up until tonight I've never had a bodyload from it and my head was hurting, my back was hurting, my neck was hurting, I was instantly nauseous... It was like pure poison went into my system.

I had drank a 40 of Budweiser earlier in the night so I'm not going to blame it entirely on the 4-HO-MET but back when it was first on the market I mixed it with vodka without issue. I've had pretty much every 4-sub with alcohol at one point or another and never had anything like this happen.

Either way, I won't be trying plugging again with this one. It's far too potent for me and it was stupid of me to think that it was a smart idea to plug a drug that wrecks me at 9mg orally, especially plugging it at 7mg but I don't have my lab balance anymore and my scale won't pick up anything until 5mg.

Are PG solutions of 4-HO-MET fumarate at all stable? Like say I take 50mg and mix it into 50ml would it be stable for at least 6 months?

With my sensitivity I'd rather err on the side of caution when dosing this one but I don't know the stability in PG or alcohol as a solution is possible with both (provided it's even PG soluble but I'd be surprised if it's not considering that even the most stubborn benzos are soluble in PG) but I plan to keep my tripping much less frequent than in the past where I was tripping every few days or even every day.

Wow man, glad you're okay... that's amazing to me that such low doses affect you SO strongly. I maybe don't wish I was THAT sensitive but I can take 30mg orally and not even get thrown off my equilibrium. It feels like one of the least potent 4-sub-Ts to me.

Wow man, glad you're okay... that's amazing to me that such low doses affect you SO strongly. I maybe don't wish I was THAT sensitive but I can take 30mg orally and not even get thrown off my equilibrium. It feels like one of the least potent 4-sub-Ts to me.

I would question the material if it wasn't for the fact that a 2010 batch at 11.271mg orally shattered me too. I seem to be really susceptible to this one for some reason. It's kind of funny... I need to dig up my post back in the early 2000s where I said 4-HO-MET would be a gem despite Shulgin losing his notes on it. It's definitely a gem... It just ruins me.

I'll know when I get my 4-AcO-MET if it's a general 5-HT2A sensitivity that I have developed or what. It's crazy because I used to be so tolerant to tryptamines that I could eat 60mg of AMT and have it seem like I ate half as much or i could eat 30mg of 5-MeO-AMT and have an experience that people would have with 7 or 8mg. So I don't know what the hell happened.

I don't have any phens to compare but I was really tolerant to them too so I imagine this 5-HT2A sensitivity would likely extend to them as well.

I can't really explain it. Besides occasionally drinking and my daily Valium I'm not on any meds.

And even stranger is that my NMDA tolerance shot through the ceiling in all the time I've been away from them.

Makes no sense.

Here's the post... Way back when I first joined Bluelight!

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/288475-4-aco-mipt-scraps?p=1613179&viewfull=1#post1613179

Last edited:
Sometimes people seem inexplicably sensitive to specific compounds, even if they aren't to others in the class. For example, DMT hits me REALLY hard, though most tryptamines I have a higher than normal tolerance to. 50mg of smoked DMT makes me black out, and 20mg is very strong. I smoked 7mg a while back (though admittedly I was on the aftereffects of ibogaine/ibogaine metabolites) and it was an overwhelmingly intense and terrifying experience that lasted for 45 minutes. My sesntivity to it seems to steadily grow stronger... when I first tried it 50mg wasn't quite enough, and it's gotten less over time even though I still use psychedelics pretty regularly, tryptamines and otherwise.

I'm not to sure if I like this... as much as I like 4-ho-mipt. Tried 25mg 4-ho-met twice already and it was to stimulating...
unlike 4-ho-mipt... 4-ho-mipt brings me wonderful thoughts, euphoria, & feelings of well being. Better visuals too..

Sometimes people seem inexplicably sensitive to specific compounds, even if they aren't to others in the class. For example, DMT hits me REALLY hard, though most tryptamines I have a higher than normal tolerance to. 50mg of smoked DMT makes me black out, and 20mg is very strong. I smoked 7mg a while back (though admittedly I was on the aftereffects of ibogaine/ibogaine metabolites) and it was an overwhelmingly intense and terrifying experience that lasted for 45 minutes. My sesntivity to it seems to steadily grow stronger... when I first tried it 50mg wasn't quite enough, and it's gotten less over time even though I still use psychedelics pretty regularly, tryptamines and otherwise.

I just hope this sensitivity hasn't spread to all hallucinogens. I've always been sensitive to this one though and I used to thoroughly enjoy it but after last night I'm going to think long and hard about touching it again any time soon.

Hopefully 4-AcO-MET has the same relationship that 4-HO-MiPT and 4-AcO-MiPT did where the dose is at least a bit higher. If I can't have psychs anymore and i have such a huge NMDA tolerance then I'm inevitably going to go back to drinking for recreational purposes rather than the combination recreational and spiritual reasons I use psychs.

DPT and AMT both have pretty nasty body load.

i plugged ~100mg dpt over the course of the night a few days ago and no body load to speak of. I remember doing a lot less a few years ago and being in tremor city though. I am no longer smoking marijuana so I think that has a lot to do with it. YMMV

High doses of tryptamines tend to blur out their side effects so that doesn't surprise me you didn't notice the load. There is no doubt that 5-MeO-AMT is the most toxic tryptamine I've ever done... But once I passed the 20mg threshold the tachycardia and diarrhea and nausea and vomiting didn't matter as much as the Persian carpet patterns and pictures coming to life. I am in no way suggesting anyone try to push something that is toxic to a higher dose to avoid noticing the toxicity, the damage I did to my serotonergic system that makes me so sensitive to these agonists now is likely due to that abuse and still to this day I will have full-blown flashbacks of 5-MeO-AMT. Due to its structure, it may never have actually left my system entirely... I suppose I could dive right into 20mg of 4-HO-MET and not feel the bodyload but I have to comment that mushrooms don't get along with me either and 4-HO-MET is the closest to mushrooms for me.

It could also be that I've been drinking and using MXE too much.

I may be a mod but I struggle with poly drug use like anyone else. I have had three Natural Ice beers tonight (only relevant because of the 5.9% alcohol content where most beer averages 4-4.5%), I had 7mg 4-HO-MET and some amount of MXE plugged last night on top of a 40 ounce of Budweiser. The MXE was a result of me not cleaning up the tiny glass I mix plugging solutions in. The bottom of it was crystallized there's no doubt between that and the syringe I got at least 10mg of MXE in there... And then I take 20mg of diazepam a day just to barely function and last night's episode resulted in a 40mg day.

Looking through the facts, that's twice now that MXE with alcohol and 4-HO-MET was a disaster and I have mixed 4-HO-MET with vodka, a lot more vodka than I drank in beer in overall pure alcohol, and never had an issue so the MXE is likely the culprit. I think I need to keep my psychedelics and MXE at least 3 days apart to be on the safe side and I need a dedicated MXE syringe and I need to clean out my plugging glasses between usage which is just good HR anyway.

Some of you think us mods have a god complex but we are human too and we are here making mistakes and learning like the rest of you guys.

Either way, I'm taking a break. Except from beer. And obviously my benzos...

Last edited:
Mods are just people, and posters, who had an interest in moderating the forum and made enough of an impression to be selected. It's true. :)

Mods are just people, and posters, who had an interest in moderating the forum and made enough of an impression to be selected. It's true. :)

Yeah but people hold us to a higher standard... we're still human... I felt the need to express that.

Yeah but people hold us to a higher standard... we're still human... I felt the need to express that.

Lol, that's true too. There's nothing wrong with trusting the posts of other experienced posters too, but you mods are held to a higher standard, so in general I trust your guys' judgments more. Mainly when it comes to important and/or life-or-death situations. Everything else is fine for the sake of information and discussion. That's pretty much why I'm here now, though I'll be taking a break until it's like the 3rd week of Christmas. And it's still interesting to read about other people's drug endeavors.

I'm surprised metocin is so potent for some of you. I'm usually sensitive to most substances at first, but I seem to gain tolerance much faster than others. It kind of sucks.

Anyone having issues with the stimulating anxiety effects on the come up? I took 10 mg and had a rough come up and then when i finally settled into trip it was basically over by T+ 3:00. I'm thinking of taking some kava kava or propanolol beforehand the next time to try to ease the come up anxiety. Any other suggestions?

Anyone having issues with the stimulating anxiety effects on the come up? I took 10 mg and had a rough come up and then when i finally settled into trip it was basically over by T+ 3:00. I'm thinking of taking some kava kava or propanolol beforehand the next time to try to ease the come up anxiety. Any other suggestions?

Doesn't sound like 4-HO-MET to me. Duration is too short and even I, one of the most anxious people on the board, generally find the come up to be pretty smooth with this one.

If you're getting come up anxiety, you'd do better with some Phenibut or a benzo than a beta blocker or kava imo.

Yeah phenibut is awesome for reducing anxiety, of course it takes hours to come on and you have to dose it right, but if you do, it combines wonderfully with psychedelics. It produces a great base euphoria that makes anxiety very difficult to touch you. Plus unlike benzos it does not seem to dampen the psychedelic effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.